Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,242)

Showing posts 924,821 - 924,840 of1,034,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 18th Amendment was also a law. It was repealed because it, too, caused more problems than it solved.
Repealing this law is not completely out of the question for the same reasons eventually.
So ever time you idiots get a bill you don't like you will hold our nation hostage? Waa, waa. What kind of democracy is that?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The New York Times reported that people in Colorado are upset with gun control laws, legal marijuana shops, green energy policies, steps to embrace gay marriage and illegal immigrants.
Coloradoans, like many others in the country, believe all liberal government policies are out of control.
It's not up to the few to decide for the many.
Sure Carol the gun laws are unpopular in Colorado but according to a recent Gallup poll 65% of Americans want expanded background checks. Yes in Colorado it's unpopular but anyone who's a realist understands that good laws are often unpopular and some popular laws aren't really good. Seat belt laws were unpopular but statistics show they save lives and people are just dealing with it.
The legalization of marijuana in the state was approved by referendum Carol , namely Amendment 64 which was enacted with 55.3% of the voters voting for it.
As for green energy, you can oppose it all you want but it's the way of the future. Big energy opposes it because they don't control the sun and the wind. They would rather keep despoiling God's creation to line their pockets.
If some bigots are all upset because they can't discriminate against their fellow citizens because of their sexual orientation, well that's just too damned bad. On illegal immigrants, I prefer the Words of Jesus; "I was a stranger and you welcomed me" to the right wing "You were a stranger and we used you to do menial labor at slave wages and reviled you".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold the line Obama!! Hold the line!!
I skipped over about 1200 posts yesterday but it is certain they were nothing more than a bunch of cons telling lies their lies that were then validated by their cronies. It's hysterical to watch them fall apart in their desperation.
Perhaps skipping posts has left you in the dark.

Obama and Dems caved on no negotiations.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't address questions that the addressee can't answer.
it's a birther thing.
You're running away from the truth again....

Tell us about that "budget".
What was the total proposed government expenditure for FY 2014?
Give us some specifics about proposed expenditures for each department of government. This should be easy. Each Department in government has a member of the Cabinet as its head.
Underneath each Department are the agencies with specific proposed expenditures in that "budget".
Give us the proposed expenditures for the Departments and Agencies. You don't need to get more specific than that. If you can provide that, then you have provided proof that an actual budget was passed by the Senate.
If not, you are doing your usual dupe impression and mindlessly regurgitating the Democrat propaganda calling appropriations and continuing resolutions a "budget".
It's put up or shut up time, dupe.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the law stupid...
So was Prohibition and the debt ceiling.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Oblamapuke wrote:
<quoted text>
liberal jews can display some incredible ignorance and stupidity at times. Streisand would whip him up some delicious lox and bagels in a heart beat.
Jews are actually very smart and talented.

They're just confused about being loyal to the wrong ideology. Not sure why. The Democratic Party isn't what it used to be. Perhaps they are still in denial?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea of what problems if any it has because, you republicans are afraid of it's success. So you're doing anything in the devils power to have it repealed. Just another chance for Obama to look presidential, while y'all still play politics. Y'all claim that's how Romney lost. Are you trying to repeat your past failures?
How on Earth is it possible for a Machiavellian monstrosity like ObamaKare to be a success? That's like saying some Marxist program will be a success. The history of the world proves that a ludicrous notion.
Coincidentally, ObamaKare execution is right out of Machiavelli's "The Prince", and the principle content could have been written by Karl Marx. It's doubly doomed to failure.

Don't you know any history at all?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol the gun laws are unpopular in Colorado but according to a recent Gallup poll 65% of Americans want expanded background checks. Yes in Colorado it's unpopular but anyone who's a realist understands that good laws are often unpopular and some popular laws aren't really good. Seat belt laws were unpopular but statistics show they save lives and people are just dealing with it.
The legalization of marijuana in the state was approved by referendum Carol , namely Amendment 64 which was enacted with 55.3% of the voters voting for it.
As for green energy, you can oppose it all you want but it's the way of the future. Big energy opposes it because they don't control the sun and the wind. They would rather keep despoiling God's creation to line their pockets.
If some bigots are all upset because they can't discriminate against their fellow citizens because of their sexual orientation, well that's just too damned bad. On illegal immigrants, I prefer the Words of Jesus; "I was a stranger and you welcomed me" to the right wing "You were a stranger and we used you to do menial labor at slave wages and reviled you".
"Expanded" to what, dumbass?

I've got an idea. If a Democrat wants to buy a gun, just say no. We don't need another Democrat mass murderer. We've had way too many of those.

Besides, nobody expects these criminals in the White House to enforce any new law. They don't even enforce existing laws today. What idiot would expect these clowns to enforce any new law?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Gov Shut Down!

No money for the children...

Why?

We collect trillions each year?

Here is why:

$31.8 million in 2013
For what? Natl Mad Development Program
"...naming streams,
mountains, hills, and plains across the United
States"

http://www.doi.gov/budget/appropriations/2014...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
More dry ice bombs found at LAX
Detectives Tuesday continued their efforts to find the suspect wanted for planting dry ice bombs around Los Angeles International Airport.
One dry ice bomb exploded and two plastic bottles containing the dangerous material were found around 8:30 p.m. Monday at the Tom Bradley International Terminal in a restricted area, Los Angeles Police Department Det. Gus Villanueva said.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/10/15/pol...
Dry ice is not very dangerous but it can freezeburn. Dry ice is used all the time to make fog. I have used it many times in a light show.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just confused about being loyal to the wrong ideology. Not sure why. The Democratic Party isn't what it used to be. Perhaps they are still in denial?
You don't know anything about Jewish people, or black people, or Hispanic people, or women.

All you know is your sick twisted teaparty line. Can you not see that your party is disintegrating? Any idea why?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold the line Obama!! Hold the line!!
I skipped over about 1200 posts yesterday but it is certain they were nothing more than a bunch of cons telling lies their lies that were then validated by their cronies. It's hysterical to watch them fall apart in their desperation.
The night shift is even worse; then all the racist nutjobs have a free for all.

Bill Clinton:

If I were the president, I wouldn't negotiate over these draconian cuts that are gonna take food off the table of low-income working people, while they leave all the agricultural subsidies in for high-income farmers and everything else," Clinton said. "It's chilling to me."

During his time in office, Clinton shamed the Republican Party for the government shutdowns they endured. Clinton celebrated the end of "the era of big government" in his 1996 State of the Union address, and presented Congress with a challenge:

"Never, ever shut the federal government down again."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/bill...

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I'm just not that interested in your liberal sermonette or this subject, for that matter.

Perhaps if liberals didn't make it a habit of demonizing Christians at every opportunity, your self-righteous condescension might be a little more palpable.

But bringing Jesus into illegal immigrants breaking the law and crippling the economy by putting a greater burden on the working middle class who are just getting by themselves and who have as much compassion as you do is a bit too bizarre - even for you.

These immigrants would be as welcome as anyone else if they just waited their turn.

Also, if your liberal leaders led by example, their bleeding hearts might be more convincing. But they didn't want to take Jesus' advise and give out of their own pockets to help the poor. They just want the poor's votes and our money.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Votes sell for about $5 in Afghanistan as presidential race begins

http://news.yahoo.com/votes-sell-5-afghanista...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So ever time you idiots get a bill you don't like you will hold our nation hostage? Waa, waa. What kind of democracy is that?
The kind that says constitutional republic. We are not nor have never been a democracy. The education system of America strikes again!

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you don't sign up you receive a threatening email stating they will tax you, take away your driver's license and perhaps put a lien on your house.
I asked about this at the DMV in Wisconsin last week because I had to purchase a sticker for my plates. The guy there said that not in the State of Wisconsin they will not be able to take away your stuff, but in Illinois because they have what they call "Home Rule" they will be able to confiscate what ever they see fit. Interesting, democrat controlled Illinois plays by different rules.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey, the first time you need emergent care and are told to get in line that's three or four months long - come back here and tell me again how great this law is.

Until then, you might as well believe in magical government elves.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Dry ice is not very dangerous but it can freezeburn. Dry ice is used all the time to make fog. I have used it many times in a light show.
It was a direct quote that I wondered at also. What are they doing that makes this so dangerous?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Gov Shut Down!

No money for the children...

Why?

We collect trillions each year?

Here is why:

$1.5m for beef jerky!

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Orthodox Jews and those that follow
G-d's law are in the 58% category that vote Republican. The rest of them are liberals first-being Jewish does not matter to them. And then you have fake Jews like DiFeinstein, whose isn't a Jew at all--but let's everyone believe she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 924,821 - 924,840 of1,034,041
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min TRD 67,193
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Sublime1 96,115
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min wojar 167,569
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 42,983
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr lol 47,058
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Velvet MJK 1,022
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr Velvet MJK 91
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE