Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006123 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit is bankrupt because there is nobody and no assets left to tax. Without emergency action, the city could not pay salaries for current employees, let alone ridiculous benefits for retirees.
Exactly and cutting retiree health benefits has absolutely nothing at all to do with the Affordable Care Act. We've seen this coming since the Bush administration passed a regulation allowing employers to reduce or eliminate health benefits for retirees and their spouses when they turn 65 and become eligible for Medicare. The shoe has dropped.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1006124 Oct 17, 2013
Obama’s fiscal crisis is pretty simply to understand we have less Taxpayer paying into the system while Increasing Federal Programs/Dependency that requires more Tax Dollars it’s Unsustainable we’re on a path of financial Collapse!!

Location hidden

#1006125 Oct 17, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>I HAVE no Problem with you defending big business the little people are still getting screwed did you get that from your information thats the POINT so what ever ideology you follow thats ONE FACT THAT CANNOT BE TURNED BACK WITH NAME CALLING
????
OBAMA SATANS CHILD

Lillington, NC

#1006126 Oct 17, 2013
WASHINGTON — President Obama said Thursday there have been "no winners" in the government shutdown dispute, and lawmakers will have to work hard to regain the trust of Americans.
"The American people are completely fed up with Washington," Obama said during remarks at the White House.
Repeatedly criticizing Congress over the just-ended shutdown and a near-default, Obama said: "At a moment when our economic recovery demands more jobs, more momentum, we've got yet another self-inflicted crisis that set our economy back."
The president said Congress can recover by passing three agenda items: a long-tern budget plan that cuts spending but preserves essential programs, a new farm bill, and a bill to fix a "broken" immigration system.
"We can get them done by the end of the year if our focus is on the American people," Obama said.
Obama spoke hours after signing a bill that ended that ended the 16-day government partial shutdown and extended the government's borrowing authority, averting a potential default on some of the nation's debts.
The measures are temporary, creating the possibility of renewed conflict in the months ahead.
The new bill funds the government through Jan. 15. The debt ceiling borrowing authority expires Feb. 7, though the Treasury Department could use special accounting measures to extend it for a month or so.
In his brief speech, Obama bashed Congress by saying "these last few weeks have inflicted completely unnecessary damage on our economy" and "there was no economic rationale for all of this."
The budget impasse has also hurt U.S. credibility overseas, Obama said, encouraging enemies, emboldening competitors and depressing friends across the globe.
"The good news is we'll bounce back from this," Obama said. "We always do."
Politics in Washington "has to change," Obama said. "All of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists, and the bloggers, and the talking heads on radio and the professional activists who profit from conflict."
He did not specifically cite his Republican opponents in Congress, but did criticize "the one side" that practiced "brinkmanship" in recent weeks.John 8:44 &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
New Living Translation
For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
English Standard Version
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
New American Standard Bible
"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
King James Bible
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
You are of your father the Devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of liars.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1006127 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we're already paying for a medical branch of government before ObamaKare.
Can anyone tell me what the Surgeon General does for a living?
That's the person who should be overseeing health care.
The Surgeon General more than likely has already been brainwashed by the politically correct police.

He/She will just think it's their job to tell us what's best for us and impose punitive damages if we disobey.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1006128 Oct 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
With a single payer healthcare system administered by the government and paid for through taxation, that is not attached to employment; insurance companies would be eliminated; the profit making of insurance companies would be eliminated. The Government negotiates the prices of the medications on behalf of the people; prices for surgeries are the same across the board.
There will be no copays, no deductibles, no denial for pre existing conditions. Yes, that is a perfect system, like in Canada.
Is that the same Canada that has to report wait times for surgery the way we report the weather? Or where those with money circumvent the "free" healthcare and come to the US for the best treatments?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1006129 Oct 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obama’s fiscal crisis is pretty simply to understand we have less Taxpayer paying into the system while Increasing Federal Programs/Dependency that requires more Tax Dollars it’s Unsustainable we’re on a path of financial Collapse!!
You know if you would stop typing no one would know you are a dumbass.
In its latest Budget and Economic Update, the CBO forecasts that federal revenue will top $2.7 trillion in 2013, slightly higher than the $2.6 trillion the government collected in 2007, when the last recession officially began.
In fact, the $2.7 trillion in revenue will be the most money the federal government has collected in history.
Government revenues had fallen by nearly $500 billion during the recession to $2.1 trillion in 2009, contributing to the $1.5 trillion deficit that year. However, federal revenues have been recovering since the recession ended in June 2009, and the CBO now projects that they will slightly eclipse their pre-recession peak.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/cbo-federal-r...
Laney F

New York, NY

#1006130 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> But where would we go when we need real medical care like Canadians come here for?
Lily forgets to mention that insurance companies have a profit margin of about 3%. Profits, how evil.

Orlando, FL

#1006131 Oct 17, 2013
1 Kings 3 wrote:
15 Solomon awoke, and behold, it was a dream. He came to Jerusalem, stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings, and made a feast for all his servants.
16 Then two women who had become mothers out of wedlock came and stood before the king.
17 And one woman said, O my lord, I and this woman dwell in one house; and I was delivered of a child with her in the house.
18 And the third day after I was delivered, this woman also was delivered. And we were together; no stranger was with us, just we two in the house.
19 And this woman’s child died in the night because she lay on him.
20 And she arose at midnight and took my son from beside me while your handmaid slept and laid him in her bosom and laid her dead child in my bosom.
21 And when I rose to nurse my child, behold, he was dead. But when I had considered him in the morning, behold, it was not the son I had borne.
22 But the other woman said, No! But the living one is my son, and the dead one is your son! And this one said, No! But the dead son is your son, and the living is my son. Thus they spoke before the king.
23 The king said, One says, This is my son that is alive and yours is the dead one. The other woman says, No! But your son is the dead one and mine is the living one.
24 And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword to the king.
25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two and give half to the one and half to the other.
26 Then the mother of the living child said to the king, for she yearned over her son, O my lord, give her the living baby, and by no means slay him. But the other said, Let him not be mine or yours, but divide him.
27 Then the king said, Give her [who pleads for his life] the living baby, and by no means slay him. She is the child’s mother.
28 And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had made, and they stood in awe of him, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to do justice.
@@@@@@@@@@
The dem were willing to default and keep the gov shut down over delaying Obama Care until 2014 like
Obama did for the Rich and his Buddys!
@@@@@@@@@@
25 And the king said, Divide the living child in two and give half to the one and half to the other.
@@@@@@@@@@
THESE ARE THE DEM But the other said, Let him not be mine or yours, but divide him.
@@@@@@@@@@
THIIS IS THE GOP
26 Then the mother of the living child said to the king, for she yearned over her son, O my lord, give her the living baby, and by no means slay him.
27 Then the king said, Give her [who pleads for his life] the living baby, and by no means slay him. She is the child’s mother.
Most people probably didn't read that far to get the point of your post.

But it was an excellent metaphor of dems willing to split the baby in half just so the other mother wouldn't get it and the repubs saving the baby even if they have to let the fake mother have it.

The baby, of course, representing the country.

(Homer is sometimes a little slow on the uptake...God love 'em.)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006132 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as long as he doesn't fly AF1 over the tops of the skyscrapers in New York again to get a realistic photo op.
Scared the living **** out of New Yorkers.
But that's how this president rolls. Act first...think second. He miraculously won the presidency and that's all that matters.
Maybe he and Michelle should have another "date night" in downtown New York? Brilliant idea that was, wasn't it?
He might as well have had a town crier in the streets announcing, "The King has his Lady have arrived to grace the King's realm of New York!" And then, "So stop whining about the traffic jams and backups and be grateful he has graced his presence among you!" And for added emphasis then said, "Sheesh!"
Debunked, but facts like that never interrupted your nonsense before.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1006133 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
$100 is not a lot of money for someone with a decent job and a modest lifestyle...
if Homer can't come up with $100K right now, he better stop talking a bout retirement...
Homer is just fine but most people do not have that kind of money, I know except for all you millionaire(cough) rightwingers posting on this thread, and of course you born with a silver spoon stuck up your ass.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1006134 Oct 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect? You obviously don't know the meaning of the word unless you're claiming Canada's HC system isn't flawed.
Shouldn't the greedy profit in the education and food industries also be eliminated? They are both "rights" after all, aren't they?
You also forgot to mention what happens to the millions of people currently employed in the industry?
I think those greedy, liberal college professors should give up their high salaries and short work weeks in the name of "fairness." Too many can't afford the high cost of a college education.

But in the name of "fairness," we could start with Moochelle. The Obama's extravagant ski vacations and safaris should be divided and made equal for all. And put their kids in a public school.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1006135 Oct 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its over.
Ted Cruz said they have to stop Obamacare BEFORE people get a chance to like it. That's how fcked up their thinking is.
Here, you'll love these guys:
Seven Principles Of The Constitution Party:
Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
Constitution And Bill Of Rights: interpreted according to the actual intent of the founding fathers;
State's Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people.
American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
constitutionparty.com
If every Democrat in DC hates ObamaKare, what are the chances of everyone out here liking it, moron.

Location hidden

#1006136 Oct 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Boehner....
"We fought the good fight..."
Does he know only his people were fighting and caused Americans to suffer?
No... no... I don't think Boehner knows that!
Oh, I think he knew it was a fool's errand but with his position as the speaker of the House on the line, he had to try and appease the crazies. An impossible task.

As Representative Tom Price (R-Georgia) said:“He’s herding cats.”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1006137 Oct 17, 2013
TSM wrote:
Obamacare was never about Health Care!!
Obamacare and the Civil Rights Act have a lot in common getting people hooked and voting Democratic!! Like LBJ said about passing the Civil Rights Act:“I’ll have those n****rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years” LBJ was right on over 90% still voting for Democrats!!
The objection to Obamacare isn't about health care either. It's about bringing down Obama. If it wasn't this it'd be something else.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1006138 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you must have some connections with the DMV and haven't had to take a number and wait two or three hours before you finally hear your number called.
And you must have known some government employees working at the DMV not to be treated like you were just another annoyance to their already annoying day working with such annoying people.
Then again, you DO live in a parallel universe.
But welcome to any ER after January 2014. Hope you have a few connections there too.
I hope he can speak Spanish, too.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006139 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Surgeon General more than likely has already been brainwashed by the politically correct police.
He/She will just think it's their job to tell us what's best for us and impose punitive damages if we disobey.
That's some real funny chit babe__got any more??? Are you too in a lazy mood?

He/She?

ROFLMAO

Orlando, FL

#1006140 Oct 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does this mean you're moving to Russia now?
Don't have to. We have an oppressive government in power here.

But I should probably give some of you a break from my sharp and stinging sarcasm for a while.

So later.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1006141 Oct 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked, but facts like that never interrupted your nonsense before.

Plane stupid: Mayor Bloomberg outraged over military photo-op involving low-flying presidential jet
By Kenneth R. Bazinet , Frank Lombardi AND Corky Siemaszko / DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 10:36 AM

Print
Related Stories

Editorials: Her day dawns
Readers sound off on Obama and illegal immigrants and Mitt Romney
Readers sound off on Michelle, the GOP field and the Marines
Bloomberg: NYC's greatest mayor ever?