Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006190 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey I liked all three. If we can get a ground support movement started in 38 sates we can get it amended to the constitution without Congress or the president. Think we got a chance?
none require an amendment, just action...

but Demos/Tenzing, who claims to be a Libertarian, supports tax increases and ObamaKKKare...

a hypocrite...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006191 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems we're already paying for a medical branch of government before ObamaKare.
Can anyone tell me what the Surgeon General does for a living?
That's the person who should be overseeing health care.
the Surgeon General heads the US Public Health Service, a uniformed service, which provides certain specific functions including Indian health and border quarantine stations...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006192 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're admitting your a sexist?
Surgeon Generals can't be women?
We've had female Surgeon Generals and currently have a male "acting" Surgeon General. I just found it amusing that you were once again clueless.

Remember Bork? Koop? Elders__who though jerkin off was healthy?

ROFLMAO
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006193 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you must have some connections with the DMV and haven't had to take a number and wait two or three hours before you finally hear your number called.
And you must have known some government employees working at the DMV not to be treated like you were just another annoyance to their already annoying day working with such annoying people.
Then again, you DO live in a parallel universe.
But welcome to any ER after January 2014. Hope you have a few connections there too.
California DMV allows you to make an appointment in advance for a specific date and time...otherwise pretty much as you describe...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1006194 Oct 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Take it up with S&P, their claim is that the shutdown cost the economy 24 billion dollars.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.

Let's go over this again.
Every dollar the government spends has to be taken out of the part of the economy that pays for everything.
"Cost the economy" probably means the part of the economy that is the expense of government paid for by the other part of the economy that pays for everything.

Government is an expense on the economy, not an asset, as it is used in the calculation of the economy.

It goes like this:
The part of the economy that pays for everything is calculated. Then, the government expense on the part of the economy that pays for everything is calculated.
Then, the total economy is ludicrously calculated by adding the part of the economy that pays for everything to the government expense the part of the economy that pays for everything has to pay for.
You have ten dollars. I cost you 2 dollars and fifty cents, of which I give back to you less than 2 dollars, which means you have less than ten dollars. According to the way our government calculates the economy, you have twelve dollars and fifty cents.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1006195 Oct 17, 2013
85 percent, 15,000, and what is Obamacare supposed to fix?

85 percent of Americans have insurance...
http://american.com/archive/2013/september/ob...

15,000 USPS spouses who will lose coverage
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2013/...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006196 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly and cutting retiree health benefits has absolutely nothing at all to do with the Affordable Care Act. We've seen this coming since the Bush administration passed a regulation allowing employers to reduce or eliminate health benefits for retirees and their spouses when they turn 65 and become eligible for Medicare. The shoe has dropped.
There is no requirement for any company or agency to provide health benefits to retirees. Most companies do not offer such benefits.

Unless they can afford to pay for their own medical benefits, people should plan on working until age 65 when they are eligible for Medicare.

Early retirement is what is driving government into bankruptcy.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1006197 Oct 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
What will happen to the idiot Democrats when they all enroll in the Obamacare and the government shutsdown?
They will get no care till the government reopenes or they die?
How idiot is to trust in the government as they all do!
Surely you can't be this stupid. ObamaCare does NOT sell insurance. It creates a path of getting insurance from Insurance Companies for the working poor and middle class.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006198 Oct 17, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>Is that the same Canada that has to report wait times for surgery the way we report the weather? Or where those with money circumvent the "free" healthcare and come to the US for the best treatments?
or like some European countries where the doctor demands a gratuity for granting an appointment....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006199 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called "birthers" want that document shown on the White House website submitted as evidence of Obama's eligibility.
For some reason, Obama's lawyers will say and do anything to avoid having to submit that obviously fraudulent "birth certificate" being shown on the White House website in any case. Now, why would they do that?
Perhaps because they are aware of the fact that knowingly submitting fraudulent evidence will get you bent over in a prison shower?
How about doing what the so-called "birthers" want and submit that document as proof of Obama's eligibility.
If that document is proven legitimate, this case will disappear faster than a male page off Barney Frank's New York hotel balcony.
Birthers are the absolute dumbest, most ignorant, most uninformed morons on the planet.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006200 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the point was why all surgeons should be paid the same for a procedure when their skill level varies....
why not pay all NBA players the same salary?
Topix needs a judgit for "real stupid analogy."

Maybe you can find me a surgeon who's licensed apparel deals haul in $10 million per year worldwide.

And how is it that you conclude that all surgeons are paid the same?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006201 Oct 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer is just fine but most people do not have that kind of money, I know except for all you millionaire(cough) rightwingers posting on this thread, and of course you born with a silver spoon stuck up your ass.
If most people do not have "that kind of money", how do they expect to retire?

...better have at least $1 million in that 401(k)...
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1006202 Oct 17, 2013
If the word racism didnt exists how would the people that uses that word to win an argument ever win did plato use that word to win an argument if NJ Raider1 lived and Africa what would he do in that non racists paradise oh I forgot Tribalism would be his favorite word because it happens in Africa Amoung Africans Oh African Americans are going to unite Africa ok now it Makes sense so African Americans are going to take over for the whiteman right NJ Raider1
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006203 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he can speak Spanish, too.
more likely Bengali if you want the doctor to understand....
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1006204 Oct 17, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Surely you can't be this stupid. ObamaCare does NOT sell insurance. It creates a path of getting insurance from Insurance Companies for the working poor and middle class.
Ok thaks for clearing that up so its for the insurance industry not for the people hahahahahahaha listen to you parrot it's funny what an education and life goals can do for anyone no matter the race im 50 and had paid insurance from birth thanks Mom and I've had my own insurance off Moms since 1985 again thanks Mom and she was BLACK to the BONE a civil rights marcher

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1006205 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress (used to) pass a budget for the subsequent year, moron. The first Democrat budget year after 2007 is 2008, moron. I'll help you calculate that... naught plus naught is naught....
Your coleagues are saying the housing bubble began to deflate in 2007, dumbass. The economic collapse caused by the Democrats didn't happen until 2008 after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank.
Dodd was too scared to face the electorate. It was a foregone conclusion he was going to get clobbered in a landslide. He ran away and hid from the people.
Thus, the people of Connecticutt ran his sabotaging ass out of office.
One more time. What did 75% of ALL defaulted home loans have in common during the 2008 collapse??????????
They were ALL less than 5 years old. What happened 5 years before the 2008 collapse??????????
President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003.
What did Bush say when he signed it??????????
""One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is getting money for a down payment. This administration has recognized that, and so today I'm honored to be here to sign a law that will help many low-income buyers to overcome that hurdle, and to achieve an important part of the American Dream.
Last year I set a goal to add 5.5 million new homeowners in America by the end of the decade. That is an attainable goal; that is an essential goal.""
Well Bush's Dream came true. Because of this Law change Banks started making loans with:
NO Down Payment required
No Background Checks.
Up to 150% loans of home value.
Up to (wait for it, wait for it) 5 years of deferred principal payments.
Now tell us all this was NOT the major part of the home loan collapse.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006206 Oct 17, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, sounds like where I go.
Actually__due to e-verify Florida had to put greeters in the DL offices to prescreen applicants/renewers etc. to assure that they had the necessary paperwork.
common practice everywhere to avoid having people wait hours only to be turned away if they don't have the correct information...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006207 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.
Let's go over this again.
Every dollar the government spends has to be taken out of the part of the economy that pays for everything.
"Cost the economy" probably means the part of the economy that is the expense of government paid for by the other part of the economy that pays for everything.
Government is an expense on the economy, not an asset, as it is used in the calculation of the economy.
It goes like this:
The part of the economy that pays for everything is calculated. Then, the government expense on the part of the economy that pays for everything is calculated.
Then, the total economy is ludicrously calculated by adding the part of the economy that pays for everything to the government expense the part of the economy that pays for everything has to pay for.
You have ten dollars. I cost you 2 dollars and fifty cents, of which I give back to you less than 2 dollars, which means you have less than ten dollars. According to the way our government calculates the economy, you have twelve dollars and fifty cents.
Where does the government spend most of its money?

IN THE GD ECONOMY YOU DUMBASS

When the government doesn't spend money yet still collets taxes, it just deprives the economy of that put back. It doesn't stop the "take out " part.

I have piles of horse crap in my pasture that are smsarter that you.

My God, get a freakin grip.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006208 Oct 17, 2013
Covered California has taken down their physician directory because of numerous errors...so no way to tell whether your doctor is part of any given plan...

the exchange claims that 95,000 people have registered, but will not say how many have purchased insurance...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1006209 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're admitting your a sexist?
Surgeon Generals can't be women?
Hey, Batty, you promised you were leaving a long time ago...get on with it, already. We're really getting quite disgusted with watching you screw yourself online 24/7. You apparently think everyone's a voyeur like your Fenny, namE, and DUH friends.(BTW, your your should be you're--go right on larnin' them illiterates why don'cha.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Boy G 51,307
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min IB DaMann 49,379
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min jacques Ottawau 182,323
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,888
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,927
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,539
Amy 12-28-14 2 hr RACE 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:57 am PST

NBC Sports12:57AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NBC Sports 5:10 AM
League office to review Suh step on Monday
Yahoo! Sports 6:45 AM
Marc Trestman and GM Phil Emery fired by Chicago Bears after 5-11 season
ESPN 6:54 AM
Bears fire GM, sources say; Trestman too?