Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232024 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1006394 Oct 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Aunt Jemimah!! So you're saying the Fed can read everyone's emails, listen to their phone calls, and basically surveil anyone on Earth at any time, yet they can't get an accurate count of how many people joined a Gvt program?
You are both gullible and retarded, but I dont know which is the primary issue....
No. I'm saying people can't join because the system is jammed with too much traffic. Stop honking your horn and have patience. It will work itself out.

Location hidden

#1006395 Oct 17, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama appoints another black loser. Why can't he select the most qualified person for the job without considering his race? He constantly picks minorities, as if they alone are the most qualified for the job. What a joke.
Really? Your ignorance is showing. Just how many "minorities" has Obama appointed to his cabinet?

I'll help you out. Here's a picture:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabi...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1006396 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Dong!! Dont make me fly to Hawaii and boot your chubby chinaman butt into the kitchen!! Broccoli beef, and be quick about it!!
lol! I command you fly to Hawaii my little wolfie wuss!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1006397 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Glad you've been studying up on Norse mythology, Donger. Check out Loki the shape-shifter. We've got quite a few of his type here on this forum.......:-)
lol! Yes you do son. Yes you do!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1006398 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Were you kicked in the head by a horse as a young warthog?
You're like a... wolfie gelding aren't you son?

Location hidden

#1006399 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how many people did he manage?
DHS has over 200,000 employees...not just a few attorneys...
How many people did Michael Chertoff manage before he was named Secretary of Homeland Security by Bush? Jonson doesn't need to manage anyone other than his under secretary. It's far more important that he is familiar with the inner workings and laws affecting Homeland Security.

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#1006400 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The problem is with the millions who are still trying to access the site. Eventually the numbers will dwindle and the problems will go away.
Just wait 'till your employer dumps your coverage and you go to the exchange and your rates are tripled. This would be really funny if it weren't so sad.....
Barack and the dems could f up an orgy.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006401 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that at all. 2.8 million people went to the Federal website the first day. The New York exchange had 2.5 million visitors in its first half hour and California California reported as many as 16,000 hits a second. The system is overwhelmed. It will be ok. Give it time.
Covered California can't tell you which doctors and hospitals are in each network...so why would anybody sign up?

the problem is poor design, not heavy traffic...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006402 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm one of these people who believes that ranchers should provide shelter for their cattle....especially if they live in an area known for blizzards.
homes should not be built below sea level, in floodplains, on barrier sand bars, etc....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006403 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The problem is with the millions who are still trying to access the site. Eventually the numbers will dwindle and the problems will go away.
given that almost nobody has been successful in purchasing insurance, what makes you think that volume will decrease?...unless people just give up and say WTF....

one problem with Covered California is that the site won't let you browse for information unless you submit your personal data, not the way folks use websites.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006404 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm saying people can't join because the system is jammed with too much traffic. Stop honking your horn and have patience. It will work itself out.
the only way the problems will be fixed is to shut down, correct the problems, test the system, and then start up again...

either that, or face continued failure....

over here <-------->

#1006405 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
homes should not be built below sea level, in floodplains, on barrier sand bars, etc....
It's started. Many places here on the East coast, either ocean side or river side, are required for new or previously flooded properties to be re-built on stilts or high block walls.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1006406 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only way the problems will be fixed is to shut down, correct the problems, test the system, and then start up again...
either that, or face continued failure....
You must be Mr Perfect.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006407 Oct 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong...suppose that tens of thousands of people are spending every working hour try to foul up the system with repeated bogus inquiries...if so, the system is irreparably trashed, loaded with bogus applicants....like Obama's Twitter followers....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006408 Oct 17, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's started. Many places here on the East coast, either ocean side or river side, are required for new or previously flooded properties to be re-built on stilts or high block walls.
will not matter if the land beneath is washed away....
headlines

Marietta, GA

#1006409 Oct 17, 2013

ANTICHRIST & ISRAEL at table in negotiations ---

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

over here <-------->

#1006410 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
will not matter if the land beneath is washed away....
So you figure New Jersey is going to wash away? I better get over there and tell em....
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1006411 Oct 18, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you figure New Jersey is going to wash away? I better get over there and tell em....
Everywhere in New Jersey except Voorhees and Camden!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006412 Oct 18, 2013
Captn Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wait 'till your employer dumps your coverage and you go to the exchange and your rates are tripled. This would be really funny if it weren't so sad.....
Barack and the dems could f up an orgy.....
So, why hasn't your employer dumped your health benefits before?

The truth is that companies could always end benefits.

So why didn't they?

Because they were part of their compensation for their employees. Just ending health benefits would be like cutting your pay.

This idea you frickin morons that companies would just dump health plans is beyond ridiculous.

Companies do have the option of using the exchanges with the possibility of getting help to buy policies. They also have the option of providing a stipend for employees to buy their own policies in place of a policy.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006414 Oct 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
given that almost nobody has been successful in purchasing insurance, what makes you think that volume will decrease?...unless people just give up and say WTF....
one problem with Covered California is that the site won't let you browse for information unless you submit your personal data, not the way folks use websites.....
So, Galt, did you pay for your january coverage yet?

A smart shopper goes on the site, look at the best options. The then study those plans & compare it to what is available outside the exchanges. Some found what they wanted & paid. Some enrolled to pay later.

I looked at he exchanges for my employees. noted three possible plans. Will study these plans & discuss it with my insurance agent.

If you are a small business owner, the number of employees affect your rates substantially. Over half of all businesses have 9 or fewer employees.

When you go onto the exchanges as an employer, the number of employees is not relevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 7 min _Zoey_ 5,237
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr DrGuru 189,618
Dear Abby 5-22-15 1 hr tiredofit 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,453
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 4 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
Amy 5-22-15 4 hr Julie 8
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Concerned_American 520
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]