Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
924,201 - 924,220 of 1,079,394 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Carol, growing up I was privileged to go often to every major religions church and a few not so main stream. Depended on where I spent the night before. Even in the sixties I came to realize the only God people really worshiped was the dollar. Oh, people went to church to be seen. I completely understand the guilt trip mentality of the herd concept. The "I didn't see you in church Sunday?" said with a smirk and a smile. The church on Sunday or Saturday is for shedding the sins of the week before even though they will go out and commit those same sins next week. Sorry if this upsets you but if you are honest with yourself you will see it is true. I just can't see Jesus approving of a multimillion dollar church. It has become a business.
Sorry I missed this post before. But you'll probably be surprised that I pretty much agree with much of what you said.

I, too, have had concerns in the past that Christians sometimes develop a "churchy" mentality whether it's intentional or not. I've voiced that concern a few times with other Christians as well - that Jesus was a "people person" and all Christians must be ever mindful of that fact first and foremost to avoid falling into a "church club" type of attitude even if their heart is in the right place for being there.

What you said about churches and the money spent to maintain some of these extravagant churches has also been a concern of mine as well. I understand that people looking for answers and hope would most likely go to a church that offered them a warm and inviting environment where they felt comfortable and peaceful. And it does take money for churches to pay their bills. But I do get a little worried when some churches seem a little over the top. But it is God's house and an outward expression of the church's love for God, and I don't know whether these churches are also doing a lot of good for others that we don't see.

I've always believed churches should have two offerings. One for the church to provide the members a place to gather and for the gospel to be heard. And one for the needy. A lot of churches do set aside money for things like food pantries and to meet the needs of their community including benevolence funds where anyone in need can get the money they need.

There are Christians, I'm sure, in many churches who have been financially blessed and give more than most just for these kinds of things.

But I do understand what you're saying. But I also know that many Christians in many churches are very loving and accepting people because they, too, once searched for truths themselves or were hopeless and lost and would do anything to help anyone.

Sorry if I was too longwinded.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hard to defund what isn't even funded"...especially when the last actual B-U-D-G-E-T passed was in the era of PRE-current admin of kiddies on the hill.
CAP, CURB, B-U-D-G-E-T, Balance and live with the nations means again!
The Economy and REALITY demands it!
T.E.A.!
Voters FOR America-NOT against it!
LOL,

Dems, think delaying the debate to another day is a victory.

The majority of people wants the government to cut spending. The Dems increasing spending with new programs is not something that is going to happen in 2014.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
proof of your religious bigotry....
I only wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon because it is out of the mainstream of what most people believe and it hurt him politically.

I voted for him twice.

So did I step on your foot by accident or something?

Or are you just cranky today?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHA
You whine in tune with the other right wing ladies on this thread have all day.
Sore losers, you ladies are.
Your interpretation of this short-term deal as a Republican "loss" is illustrative of the same poor judgement that landed you in the Connecticunt women's correctional institute.

Republicans were smart enough to know when to call it a day, knowing they could adopt a meek and conciliatory stance while they ready for renewal of the fight in January (with a multitude of additional arrows in their quiver). The dums will step on their tiny dcks, just as they always do.

In the interim, you wont be getting out of jail anytime soon (so it makes no difference for you).....:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in third grade? "Mommie, shinningelectr0n is picking on Homer"
Go tell your mother she's calling you:>
...and stay off the playground. The bullies are gunning for your tight little butt...
Aunt jemimah's azz is wider than the griddle she's cooking her pancakes on. She and the convict nutculur would make for a great gay marriage....:-)

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you people blame others for your problems instead of taking responsibility?
Are you practicing being a reporter and asking the president your first question?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody won--except for the few of us who still work for a living, have children, and wish to buy and/or sell houses, but SOMEBODY definitely LOST...I'm a' thinkin' that would be you, Loser.
Pigfck, your first mistake was TRYING to think.

You should eschew any attempt of that nature; it exposes the cesspool that is your deepest, darkest soul....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody won--except for the few of us who still work for a living, have children, and wish to buy and/or sell houses, but SOMEBODY definitely LOST...I'm a' thinkin' that would be you, Loser.
PS, you should do the world a favor and take that mulatto mutt to the nearest pond, tie a rock to a string, and.......(you know the rest).

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon because it is out of the mainstream of what most people believe and it hurt him politically.
I voted for him twice.
So did I step on your foot by accident or something?
Or are you just cranky today?
Nobraina/Galt makes sense on this issue.

Repugnant politicians have used th eChristian right for decades, and never given them anything.

Bush used to laugh at them in private. After he got their votes with false promises.

Did Reagan try to stop abortion??

Did Bush I??

Did Bush II?

Of course not. They used the religious right to get elected, then ignored them.

From a political standpoint, Nobraina/Galt is 100% right.

The abortion issue is a loser for Repugnants at the national level.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Representative Raul Ruiz (D-CA) voted to delay the individual mandate and is running for his political life away from ObamaKKKare.
Ruiz has always supported the Affordable Care Act. He's a freshman lawmaker who was running scared of the shutdown...not Obamacare. Gee whiz, he "helped open clinics giving free care and health education to underserved communities throughout the Coachella Valley."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Pigfck, your first mistake was TRYING to think.
You should eschew any attempt of that nature; it exposes the cesspool that is your deepest, darkest soul....
You're a very sore loser, little lady.

I love watching your rage.

Go make out with WhinyRejection for awhile. It'll make you feel better.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>We had him here in O'town after his Rich and Famous show faded. He was a travel agent and wild child at the time__now he's in Vegas__where "they" go to die.
Haven't really thought that much about Robin Leach. Didn't really think about him at any time though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt jemimah's azz is wider than the griddle she's cooking her pancakes on. She and the convict nutculur would make for a great gay marriage....:-)
""Kirby Kehoe And Cheyne Kehoe, White Supremacists, Arrested In Arizona""

So which jail are you posting from, Kirby??

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why Aetna, United Healthcare, and other major insurance companies opted out of millions of new customers in California?
I didn't wonder at all. They knew it would be a losing battle to compete against California's biggest insurers Kaiser Permanente, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gov't in Egypt is illegal.
Got that?? Illegal.
A military coup overthrew the elected Gov't, on the flimiest of charges.
Demonstrations are not a reason to depose a freely elected Gov't.
Ask John McCain.
Giv it up, Lady Moonbat.
"nutsucker"
You are pissed off, the military threw out muslim terrorists, those who murder women and children in the name of allah, those terrorists are much like you, cheap cowards, women haters, turds.
Peace
KMA

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'd like it too if it weren't so stupid. There is no funding for Obamacare in the CR that was given to the House, its already funded.
It's funded on a wish and a prayer. And the hope enough young people will sign up and pay up to make "the pool" bigger for everyone else.

The House also has control of the purse strings and they get to say whatever they want about where money is going.

We're not Obama's fundamentally transformed one-party system yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Dems, think delaying the debate to another day is a victory.
The majority of people wants the government to cut spending. The Dems increasing spending with new programs is not something that is going to happen in 2014.
Still whining, I see.

Enjoy yourself, I'm gone.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobraina/Galt makes sense on this issue.
Repugnant politicians have used th eChristian right for decades, and never given them anything.
Bush used to laugh at them in private. After he got their votes with false promises.
Did Reagan try to stop abortion??
Did Bush I??
Did Bush II?
Of course not. They used the religious right to get elected, then ignored them.
From a political standpoint, Nobraina/Galt is 100% right.
The abortion issue is a loser for Repugnants at the national level.
You're too pessimistic and biased. Has anyone ever told you that before?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

One of the House stenographers had to be taken off the floor after getting up and screaming during the vote
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know better than to challenge me.
You lose every time.
BTW, your own link says he increase military personnel in Vietnam.
Now get lost.
'...all glory is fleeting.'

Your dumazz is just as far down the road as the rest of us...
When your head shrinks back down a few sizes you'll figure it out...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Sublime1 97,520
Abby 7-24 11 min Mister Tonka 20
Amy 7-24 13 min Kuuipo 18
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min wojar 174,522
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min honeymylove 4,553
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 34 min DogSauce 3,828
Best Massage New Girls In Abu dhabi 0563405889 36 min DuabiMassageGirls 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••