Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274465 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006017 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, no it isn't.
Obama had a Democratic-controlled Congress during his first two years. Why in the world would he think Republicans were even necessary to pass Obamacare - his personal vision to fundamentally transform this country?
Obama and his corrupt Chicagoans did not want to let a good crisis go to waste. Republicans would have forced them to focus on jobs and the economy instead.
Doesn't take a genius such as yourself to figure this one out.
He had no use for Republicans. When they became a thorn in his side in 2010, he systematically went about trying to destroy them.
It's elementary, my dear Watson.
Your post, as written, was an outright lie. This one is jibberrish.

Are you just trolling for responses?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006018 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah for the most part it's a scam. Three card monty. You place your bet and spin the wheel. The insurance I have paid on my trucks over the years is enough money to buy them all twice. Never had an accident. I would have been better off putting that money into a good rate of return account and more than doubled my money.
You are one warped puppy. Just one accident that happens every day that wipes out a whole family by a medicated or a driver trying to make up time could cost millions idiot. Personally I see little difference between you and old DB, I believe very little you have to say. It's way more than obvious that you both are under achievers and insecure.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006019 Oct 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:

In its first day, 10,766 applications for health coverage were initiated, 6,909 completed and 2,989 families were enrolled.
What does "enrolled" mean?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1006020 Oct 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dittohead who plans his day on listening to the big fat blowhard junkie!!!
Only when in the truck because that is the local radio station I listen to for the morning drive guy.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006021 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
a pittance compared to Obama's $3 trillion government spending...
But we thought you were into saving where ever you can. LIAR.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006022 Oct 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's just that they cost us money for both the economy and also added more debt with lost tax revenue, so it's lose lose.
Then I get home last night and there is a tv ad run by my Republican controlled state government about the new voter id law which is not exactly in effect, in fact they state this disclaimer -
"Next time you vote you may be asked but are not required to provide id" or something to that effect
Why are they wasting my tax dollars with this nonsense???
Why are you worried about providing identification, which will prevent others from stealing your vote?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1006023 Oct 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed thinks its OK for workers to waste time on the job. That those actions do not cost their employers anything.
Old Eed lives in a strange world.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1006024 Oct 17, 2013
Obama now says we cant govern by crisis hahahaha is this the set up for Marshall Law thats all our Government does is create one crisis after another and Mr. Obama you are the Head of the CRISIS TEAM
LCNLin

United States

#1006025 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
This has got to be collective blockheadism.
Do any of you comprehend the concept of insurance at all?
Not on hear much but read the posts from time to time.
Good to see the regular folks healthy and posting under one name.
Feel Nuclear is taking care of the multi-name trolls.
Peace to all regulars.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006026 Oct 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
does that ad mention that you can give them the middle finger? if so, no waste there. if not, i think you should quit paying your state taxes.
In small towns the people working at the polls are often your friends and neighbors and that kind of behavior has consequences.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1006027 Oct 17, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its over.
Ted Cruz said they have to stop Obamacare BEFORE people get a chance to like it. That's how fcked up their thinking is.
Here, you'll love these guys:
Seven Principles Of The Constitution Party:
Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
Constitution And Bill Of Rights: interpreted according to the actual intent of the founding fathers;
State's Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people.
American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.
constitutionparty.com
He meant before they get a chance to like being more dependent on the government...US!

It's much harder to say, "no, you can't have your free stuff anymore" than to say, "no, you can't have any free stuff at someone else's expense...period."

There were much better ways to reform health care. Not sure if you're ever going to get that.

I'm going to throw one of my rotten tomatoes at you.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006028 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He was not elected by a majority vote. He got a little more than half of half of eligible voters. Over 100 million voters decided to just stay home. For whatever the reason.
So tell my why a majority vote is not a majority of votes cast?

You f*cking idiots say the dumbest f*cking sh*t.

Vote:
a : a usually formal expression of opinion or will in response to a proposed decision; especially : one given as an indication of approval or disapproval of a proposal, motion, or candidate for office
b : the total number of such expressions of opinion made known at a single time (as at an election)
c : an expression of opinion or preference that resembles a vote
d : ballot 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1006029 Oct 17, 2013
Whatever!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1006030 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
If you ask me if I was one of them people paying $1000 a month I think I would just deposit that money every week, make some interest, and then get insurance if and when I got sick. Hell if you didn't get any major medical problems for 40 years, like me, that would add up to some serious dough. Plus you could use the money for any minor medical.
As you've told everyone here already, your wife was severely injured in a work related accident. What was the total of that bill plus the various treatments that likely continue to this day? And how would you have paid it in the absence of workers comp and whatever other coverages she had at the time.
LCNLin

United States

#1006031 Oct 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "enrolled" mean?

It means the government is back open,
f-x rolled on the tea party
and posting all day long is fun...
if you do not have a life?
Peace
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1006032 Oct 17, 2013
facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

Canada CGI at centre of Obamacare foul-up furor..
http://www.bnn.ca/News/2013/10/10/Canadas-CGI...

Obama and demokRATs OUTSOURCED jobs and millions of dollars to CGI in Canada, selling out America to build the Obamacare website https://www.healthcare.gov/

Obama jobs sellout and millions of dollars anyone?

It's the culture...
LCNLin

United States

#1006033 Oct 17, 2013
Caroline Kennedy Confirmed By Senate As U.S. Ambassador To Japan
Good News...
Gone for a while back to the real world
Peace to all

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1006034 Oct 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed thinks its OK for workers to waste time on the job. That those actions do not cost their employers anything.
Dave supports unions that cost American tax payers billions of dollars.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1006035 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link for government spending, revenue, deficit and debt:
www.usgovernmentspending.com
Here's a link that describes in detail how the government funds itself:
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html
The debt was 5 trillion dollars on the day the Arabs started a war with the United States.
The debt was 8.5 trillion dollars when the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government.
The deficit was 0.16 (that's zero point one six) trillion on the day the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government.
The Democrats CRA program collapsed the economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.
After the Democrats caused the economic collapse, the people of Connecticutt tossed Dodd out on his ass.
So what was it when Republicans took over the purse strings with winning the House? Jan of 2011?

Two years after the Democrats took over Congress would be Jan of 2009, Dumbass. Housing started to slide ion 2006 & had nothing to do with the CRA.

Dodd chose not to run, dipstick.

Do you ever post anything that is the truth?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1006036 Oct 17, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
As one professional angler to another, I'm surprised you thought I would even give that troll-bait so much as a little nibble.:-)
Who "owns" the shutdown? You're talking about it like it was a bad thing (and it's not). That realization (i.e. that the fed is bloated and unnecessary) hit a MULTITUDE of people the last two weeks, and it will get better results every time around (which will be every annual budget).
Again you and I both know we will be right back here in January, and Arizona days are too gorgeous to waste bickering about the inevitable. Lots of tunes to get ready for the weekend gigs, so off into the beautiful sunrise I go.....:-)
Viva la Rand, and the rest of the patriots;
Coburn, Cornyn, Crapo, Cruz, Enzi, Grassley, Heller, Johnson-WI, Lee, Risch, Roberts, Rubio, Scott, Sessions, Shelby, Toomey, and Vitter!!!
...and the sequester continues, limiting Obama spending...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,881
abby8-27-15 35 min Mister Tonka 16
abby 8-28=15 59 min RACE 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 6,397
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 54,489
ask amy 8-27 15 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 16 hr OH Im NUTS 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages