Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005717 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Representative Raul Ruiz (D-CA) voted to delay the individual mandate and is running for his political life away from ObamaKKKare.
That's one smart Democrat.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005718 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't wonder at all. They knew it would be a losing battle to compete against California's biggest insurers — Kaiser Permanente, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California.
Kaiser is not an insurance company....

Orlando, FL

#1005719 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most people do not believe in literal interpretation of the Bible, including just about everybody with at least high school education...
If you really read the scriptures in Genesis and Ezekiel, it's hard not to interpret that UFOs took people in biblical times "up into the clouds".

After Moses returned from "the clouds" after 40 days, his face was so "luminous" and glowed that he had to cover it just to keep from frightening the people.

The description of Ezekiel seeing a "wheel within a wheel" in the sky that "shown like polished brass" is so detailed, it's amazing to me so many Christians simply deny it was a UFO.

So if you're talking about literal interpretations when it comes to what I personally believe, you're probably talking to the wrong person. Because I interpret some scriptures so literally, most Christians would think I was crazy.

Orlando, FL

#1005720 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most people do not believe in literal interpretation of the Bible, including just about everybody with at least high school education...
But maybe if you gave me a specific example of what you wouldn't necessarily consider a literal interpretation...

Because I could give you several myself where symbols, parables and metaphors are not necessarily to be taken literally.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005721 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really read the scriptures in Genesis and Ezekiel, it's hard not to interpret that UFOs took people in biblical times "up into the clouds".
After Moses returned from "the clouds" after 40 days, his face was so "luminous" and glowed that he had to cover it just to keep from frightening the people.
The description of Ezekiel seeing a "wheel within a wheel" in the sky that "shown like polished brass" is so detailed, it's amazing to me so many Christians simply deny it was a UFO.
So if you're talking about literal interpretations when it comes to what I personally believe, you're probably talking to the wrong person. Because I interpret some scriptures so literally, most Christians would think I was crazy.
tin-foil hat brigade...

the Bible is allegorical, not historical...

Orlando, FL

#1005722 Oct 16, 2013
Galt, just one last comment on the subject of literal interpretations.

Love is the single most important message of the New Testament. Christ said the two greatest commandments are "love God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind" and the second "love your neighbor as yourself."

He went so far as to add "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

So it's really not important to get caught up and distracted by what is or isn't necessarily to be taken literally.

So that's all I have to say.

Orlando, FL

#1005723 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
tin-foil hat brigade...
the Bible is allegorical, not historical...
Don't be hatin' and gettin' all mad about it.

We're good.

Orlando, FL

#1005724 Oct 16, 2013
Okay, let's get back to Obama's failed policies.

Just to be clear...I love the stuffin' out of him as a fellow human being. But I hate his radical ideology of total government control.

Again, just to be clear on that.

Orlando, FL

#1005725 Oct 16, 2013
Didn't mean to run everybody off. Sorry.

Orlando, FL

#1005726 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we were talking about Mormonism, do you know what Mormons believe? Or the life and history of Joseph Smith?

I really don't care what Romney believes as far as his personal religious beliefs.

But most people simply don't understand or relate to Mormonism. That's just a fact.

And when you're running for president, that's important to a lot of people - whether it's wrong or right.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005727 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I like posting non-partisan commentary to see what radical partisan hyperventilates over it.
lol! Let us know when you start this endeavour....
One for all All for one

Bethlehem, PA

#1005728 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Galt, just one last comment on the subject of literal interpretations.
Love is the single most important message of the New Testament. Christ said the two greatest commandments are "love God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind" and the second "love your neighbor as yourself."
He went so far as to add "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
So it's really not important to get caught up and distracted by what is or isn't necessarily to be taken literally.
So that's all I have to say.
How can anyone to profess believing in God, loving him with all their heart, and then not care about the many people who need affordable healthcare insurance. I'm not referring to people who are lazy and don't want to work, but the vast numbers of people out there struggling to survive - people who have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to stay afloat including the fact that insurance isn't made available to them through their employers. It's easy for the haves or those who don't care about anyone but themselves, to not understand this fact and be blinded by the Republican ideology that everyone who needs help in this day and age, is simply a lazy slug. That is just not so and it's disturbing sad and pathetic that they cram that ideology into unsuspecting and clueless people's minds. Some are eager to swallow that hypothesis. That's not to say that some do not try and take advantage of the system, but the fact is that the vast majority who are hurting, do not. Republicans even know this and they would have no choice but to do the same. The only difference is that they don't want Obama's name to be forever associated with helping so many average American people. That certainly won't fare well with Republicans and the tea party now would it? Kind of squashes their hope of ever getting a Republican president again. They lost again this time and their catalyst Boehner proved to be a big fail.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005729 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how Obama and Dems, before the government shutdown, were able to agree to fund the government at the $986 billion level if they were unwilling to negotiate. She has absolutely NO common sense.
lol! Now that's something whatever claims to have but fails to actually show it!

I can't say this is a good thing, but it's better than nothing.

Should be interesting how this plays out in the next round.
demorat traitors

Denver, CO

#1005730 Oct 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody won--except for the few of us who still work for a living, have children, and wish to buy and/or sell houses, but SOMEBODY definitely LOST...I'm a' thinkin' that would be you, Loser.
you've been on welfare since the first time you got knocked up in junior high, moocher.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005731 Oct 16, 2013
lol! The t-p is doing just fine putting themselves in the deep six!

This is what happens when radical reich wing nuts try to emulate their 1930's German leaders!

http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/16/tea-pa...

"October 16, 2013
Tea Party’s Image Turns More Negative
Ted Cruz’s Popularity Soars among Tea Party Republicans

Unfavorable Views of Tea Party Have Nearly Doubled Since 2010The Tea Party is less popular than ever, with even many Republicans now viewing the movement negatively. Overall, nearly half of the public (49%) has an unfavorable opinion of the Tea Party, while 30% have a favorable opinion.

The balance of opinion toward the Tea Party has turned more negative since June, when 37% viewed it favorably and 45% had an unfavorable opinion. And the Tea Party’s image is much more negative today than it was three years ago, shortly after it emerged as a conservative protest movement against Barack Obama’s policies on health care and the economy.

In February 2010, when the Tea Party was less well known, the balance of opinion toward the movement was positive (33% favorable vs. 25% unfavorable). Unfavorable opinion spiked to 43% in 2011 after Republicans won a House majority and Tea Party members played a leading role in that summer’s debt ceiling debate.

The Tea Party’s favorability rating has fallen across most groups since June, but the decline has been particularly dramatic among moderate and liberal Republicans. In the current survey, just 27% of moderate and liberal Republicans have a favorable impression of the Tea Party, down from 46% in June.

Who Are ‘Tea Party Republicans’?The survey finds wide divisions between Tea Party Republicans and non-Tea Party Republicans in how they view major issues, some leading GOP figures and even the relationship between the Republican Party and the Tea Party itself. Tea Party Republicans are more likely than non-Tea Party Republicans to say that the Tea Party is part of the GOP, rather than a separate movement (41% vs. 27%)...."
demorat traitors

Denver, CO

#1005732 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon because it is out of the mainstream of what most people believe and it hurt him politically.
I voted for him twice.
So did I step on your foot by accident or something?
Or are you just cranky today?
agreed
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005733 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm enjoying their shuckin' and jivin'.
It's as bad as when Rmoney lost.
Funny to see the backpedaling and making up excuses.
Looks like Emammy is still licking his wounds from last evening.
Actually, in Romney's case, they really believed they had a chance.

In this case, Boehner and the saner right knew what would happen.

It was the spoiled children of their they couldn't control!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005734 Oct 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you in third grade? "Mommie, shinningelectr0n is picking on Homer"
Go tell your mother she's calling you:>
...and stay off the playground. The bullies are gunning for your tight little butt...
lol! Poor electron.

Such a dull, dim spark....
president traygone

Denver, CO

#1005735 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS actually IS going to grow by leaps and bounds because of Obamacare - they requested 1900+ new government workers and millions of dollars to implement this monstrosity.
What's not to believe? Besides just about everything you say?
between the IRS and Oblamas' NSA any expectation of privacy is gone forever, libs of course are too stupid to see it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1005736 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL,
Dems, think delaying the debate to another day is a victory.
The majority of people wants the government to cut spending. The Dems increasing spending with new programs is not something that is going to happen in 2014.
lol!

"Talking up the foot soldiers is not that unusual.

However, no negotiations is not an option. The public wants the sides together and figure it out." - whatever

You're such a hypocritical idiot son.

But I love this comedy channel!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min Uzi 68,799
dear abby 11-28 21 min PEllen 1
ask amy 11-28 23 min PEllen 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 42 min RJS 7,855
Pierre de Coubertin And Emancipation Proclamation (Jun '12) 2 hr fukuda 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 180,954
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 70,627
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search