Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005701 Oct 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> "Hillary will be the next President!" From your lips to God's ears... but to be totally honest, I could vote for the blone female filibusterer from Texass as long as the Canadian Cruz master and the Texass/Kentuck Medicare/Medicaid I-doc were laid to rest.
Let us hope Wendy Davis becomes the next Gov. Of Texas!! She's phenomenal! Cruz is an opportunist. He used this crisis to raise money for himself. Good. Let him run. The republicans hate him. He can't win a general election.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005702 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Tea Party's Popularity Reaches New Low, Poll Finds
"Unfavorable views of the tea party have nearly doubled over the past two years, making the conservative movement more unpopular than ever, a Pew Research survey released Wednesday finds. Forty-nine percent of Americans now view the tea party unfavorably, while just 30 percent view it favorably -- an 11-point net drop since just this June.
The loss of esteem crosses party lines. A bare majority of Republicans still view the tea party favorably, while 30 percent of independents and 13 percent of Democrats do."
----------
Democrats will take the House in 2014.
History will not be kind to this president. Seems we just go from one crisis to another to keep our minds of the preceding crisis.

Our children and grandchildren will know more about the cover ups, stonewalling and scare tactics by this president than we will.

He just can't take the heat. So Valerie or one of his other peeps start a new fire.
rim_shot_4_leo

Blanchard, OK

#1005704 Oct 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> "Hillary will be the next President!" From your lips to God's ears... but to be totally honest, I could vote for the blone female filibusterer from Texass as long as the Canadian Cruz master and the Texass/Kentuck Medicare/Medicaid I-doc were laid to rest.
Dead babies every where salute you...
Because we can't understand you, we fart in your general direction...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005705 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funded on a wish and a prayer. And the hope enough young people will sign up and pay up to make "the pool" bigger for everyone else.
The House also has control of the purse strings and they get to say whatever they want about where money is going.
We're not Obama's fundamentally transformed one-party system yet.
LOL. How's that working out for them?

Orlando, FL

#1005706 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are licking their wounds and are not likely to go down this road again. As John McCain said, "An attempt to defund Obamacare is a fool's errand."
The defunding tactic was solely on principle.

Demanding Congress abide by the same law as the rest of us and delaying the individual mandate another year like corporations was common sense.

Democrats wanted nothing to do with common sense.

But, again, the Republicans were fighting on principle and can hold their heads high in 2014 because they didn't shy away from it.
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#1005707 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are licking their wounds and are not likely to go down this road again. As John McCain said, "An attempt to defund Obamacare is a fool's errand."
You are cavalier aren't you?

History tells us about your type...

They rot and return to the earth....

;)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005708 Oct 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'd like it too if it weren't so stupid. There is no funding for Obamacare in the CR that was given to the House, its already funded.
only if the ObamaKKKare taxes are sufficient to cover the program costs.....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1005709 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Still whining, I see.
Enjoy yourself, I'm gone.
11:00 EST = "lights out" for convicts.

Not a surprise....:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1005710 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really believe everything you red, huh aunt jemimah?

BTW Johnny Mccan IS a fool (and we in AZ will be unloading him soon)......
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1005711 Oct 16, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us hope Wendy Davis becomes the next Gov. Of Texas!! She's phenomenal! Cruz is an opportunist. He used this crisis to raise money for himself. Good. Let him run. The republicans hate him. He can't win a general election.
Hahahah!@! PLEASE hold your breath until this comes to fruition, swilly!

That two-time divorce' skank doesnt stand a chance....

Orlando, FL

#1005712 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you Lily. You can never go wrong investing in your children.
Mothers everywhere no matter what letter is beside their name agree with you and Lily.

Even fathers.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005713 Oct 16, 2013
Ever wonder why "Ted" Cruz has chosen to go by "Ted" instead of Rafael? Is he ashamed of his heritage?

There is one person crazier than "Ted" Cruz...his dad.

Rafael Cruz: "One of the things in Obamacare is that for the elderly, every five years you must have end-of-life counseling. Translation: suicide counseling," he said.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005714 Oct 16, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Abstract:
There was a military plan for an overthrow of the government and that except for one or two general officers, all were in agreement. The plan consists of a military ruler advised by a committee of three. The reason for the military takeover was that President Diem had failed to act in the best interests of Vietnam on the occasion of the 8 May Buddhist incident in Hue. The entire Ngo family must be eliminated but the plan did not specify whether they would be killed or merely exiled from Vietnam. When the military group assumes power over the government, elections will be announced immediately and will be held from three to six months following the takeover of power.
Next: Compareand contrast the differences between ADVISERS and actual combat personel.
NO wiki rewrites/twist and distorts of the already written wheels of TRUTH!!
some feel that the JFK assassination was payback for Kennedy ordering the Diem assassination...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005715 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon because it is out of the mainstream of what most people believe and it hurt him politically.
I voted for him twice.
So did I step on your foot by accident or something?
Or are you just cranky today?
most people do not believe in literal interpretation of the Bible, including just about everybody with at least high school education...

Orlando, FL

#1005716 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Norquist: Defund Obamacare Pushers Owe Fellow GOPers 'A Big Apology'
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/norquis...
They did exactly what they were elected to do by their constituents.

They also were looking ahead knowing Democrats will soon have to defend what can't be defended. They can at least say, "Don't look at us. We were the ones looking out for you."

Orlando, FL

#1005717 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Representative Raul Ruiz (D-CA) voted to delay the individual mandate and is running for his political life away from ObamaKKKare.
That's one smart Democrat.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005718 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't wonder at all. They knew it would be a losing battle to compete against California's biggest insurers Kaiser Permanente, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California.
Kaiser is not an insurance company....

Orlando, FL

#1005719 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most people do not believe in literal interpretation of the Bible, including just about everybody with at least high school education...
If you really read the scriptures in Genesis and Ezekiel, it's hard not to interpret that UFOs took people in biblical times "up into the clouds".

After Moses returned from "the clouds" after 40 days, his face was so "luminous" and glowed that he had to cover it just to keep from frightening the people.

The description of Ezekiel seeing a "wheel within a wheel" in the sky that "shown like polished brass" is so detailed, it's amazing to me so many Christians simply deny it was a UFO.

So if you're talking about literal interpretations when it comes to what I personally believe, you're probably talking to the wrong person. Because I interpret some scriptures so literally, most Christians would think I was crazy.

Orlando, FL

#1005720 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
But maybe if you gave me a specific example of what you wouldn't necessarily consider a literal interpretation...

Because I could give you several myself where symbols, parables and metaphors are not necessarily to be taken literally.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005721 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really read the scriptures in Genesis and Ezekiel, it's hard not to interpret that UFOs took people in biblical times "up into the clouds".
After Moses returned from "the clouds" after 40 days, his face was so "luminous" and glowed that he had to cover it just to keep from frightening the people.
The description of Ezekiel seeing a "wheel within a wheel" in the sky that "shown like polished brass" is so detailed, it's amazing to me so many Christians simply deny it was a UFO.
So if you're talking about literal interpretations when it comes to what I personally believe, you're probably talking to the wrong person. Because I interpret some scriptures so literally, most Christians would think I was crazy.
tin-foil hat brigade...

the Bible is allegorical, not historical...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL 71,294
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Jacques Ottawa 182,212
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 49,375
Amy 12-28-14 2 hr PEllen 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:58 am PST