Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
923,981 - 924,000 of 1,079,023 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you really need to let this go, Galt.
You're confusing Homer more than he already is. We're on the same side, remember?
But just for the record, no religious cult here - just an ordinary run-of-the-mill believer.
I respect your freedom to be a nonbeliever and pro-choice. I expect the respect from you.
BTW earlier you made another mistaken post__Oh My.

Islam is very anti gay__but not, definitely not, anti abortion. You can learn all you want at Islam on Abortion and those, cough, guidelines are widely misinterpreted throughout the Islam world. India for instance, where women seek sonograms to learn sex and immediately abort females in order to save dowry dollars.

Life is cheap eh? During the first four months__but then who's really counting?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz succeeded in hanging the albatross of ObamaKKKare squarely around the neck of the DemoKKKrat party, which will live or die in 2014 and 2016 based on the fate of this program.
Democrats have never tried to shy away from the Affordable Care Act. They have proudly worn it as a badge of courage and conviction. Ted Cruz did nothing more than make himself look like a fool.

Democrats have always told Republicans to step back and let the Affordable Care Act sink or swim on its own accord. It's Republicans who have refused to let that happen and I seriously doubt that Cruz and fellow crazies (as John McCain calls them) are going to see the light even now.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Never negotiate with terrorists.
And, how on earth would you or Charlie Rose know what plans Obama has. Only a moron would think Obama would show his hand. Didn't you see the way he played off your teabagger friends?
Obama's a lot smarter than you, Charlie Rose and the tea party idiots.
Only a moron thinks O'bama has a plan. No one should ever think O'bama is smarter. I certainly don't. I have more experience with jobs and life and a better education than he does. He may be smart, but smarter--highly unlikely.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said Galt was a non-believer?
Who says megachurches with TV shows are Christian?
Just assumed, sorry.

Not too keen on televised evangelicalism either...and even many megachurches.

Televised church services are okay though. I like Dr. Charles Stanley who televises his sermons out of Atlanta, I believe.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Homer wrote:
Has Fox News declared victory for the Republicans yet?
Sure hope so. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's like trying to have a normal conversation with a room full of grade school kids! When you post something logical, that make total sense, they post spam. Then turn around &, post this kind of stupid nonsense! I'm not to sure their children didn't steal their phones this morning. These can't be adults presenting such hypocrisy!
Let's just pretend O'bama isn't a victim once. The poor guy cries all the time that he is a victim. He thinks he is a victim of the United States. He is a victim of the Christians. He thinks he is a victim because he is black. Why would anyone want a President who thinks they are a victim. O'bama the victim is unable to govern. Why because it is too hard for him. He is a victim of the under class, right?

“Too Ugly to Win”

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting you are another phony azzed draft dodger also...Most anyone that ever served would know that it's AWOL....IDIOT. Typical bagger.
Women weren't required to sign up for the draft until this year. IDIOT. Thank you for correcting my spelling. Bill Clinton went AWOL.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Women weren't required to sign up for the draft until this year. IDIOT. Thank you for correcting my spelling. Bill Clinton went AWOL.
You cannot go AWOL if you aren't in the military. But continue trying.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't keep up with these things, the signature of the mother is obviously computer generated. How about you look at the signature of the mother, and you tell us how a human hand can have the normal change in thickness and contrast of the script as the force on the pen point changes as the angle of the pen changes in the human hand while writing for the first half of the signature, and what is obviously a constant thickness and contrast computer generated script for the last half of the signature.
You never explained, for one example, how a computer generated signature got on a supposed "birth certificate" generated in 1961.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the computer from 1961.
lol! It's amazing how much you 'obviously' know without any knowledge son.

Keep swinging away... but I suggest you face the pitcher when doing so!
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
or doctors educated outside the US who speak little English....
Son, hospitals are already using doctors outside the US.

That's what the internet has brought us.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a typical Democrat, deaf, dumb, and blind. It's Barack Hussein Obama's problem, and he's done zip, zero, nada about it. Always blame someone else, Democratic retoric par excellance.
So you're claiming bushie boy didn't screw up iraq son?

do tell!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

We gtoz to have our modern day chariot races!

Hate Romney for his money...

Love these guys for there's!

NFL!!!!!

"Taxpayers in Hamilton County, Ohio, which includes Cincinnati, were hit with a bill for $26 million in debt service for the stadiums"

"...The Minnesota legislature, facing a $1.1 billion budget deficit, extracted $506 million from taxpayers as a gift to the team"

Koolafornia!

"In California, the City of Santa Clara broke ground on a $1.3 billion stadium for the 49ers. Officially, the deal includes $116 million in public funding..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

House conservatives conjured a familiar bogeyman Wednesday to explain their imminent surrender in the government shutdown fight: the liberal media.

Their tactics weren't to blame. Division with the House GOP conference doesn't account for it. They didn't overreach in aiming to dismantle Obamacare. Rather, it was the press that failed to communicate their message to the American people -- or blatantly misled them.

At a Wednesday briefing, a collection of House conservatives effectively called the attending reporters liars.

"You guys in the media continued reporting that what the conservatives were asking for was the full repeal of Obamacare. That's absolutely false," said Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID), a member of the Republican Study Committee and the point person during the Wednesday briefing.

"We never asked for a full repeal of Obamacare because we can't get that," he said. "We have voted on a full repeal of Obamacare that the Senate has rejected every single time. But what we were asking for, our position from the beginning, was exchanging a one-year CR for a one-year delay of Obamacare. That was something we thought both sides were giving on something."

House Republicans started the shutdown showdown with a move to defund Obamacare in its entirety -- an effective repeal. When that failed, they pushed for a one-year delay of the law. The lower chamber has also voted separately more than 40 times to repeal part or all of the law. But the House conservatives insisted Wednesday that they always preferred the delay strategy over defund in the shutdown fight.

"Every time you write a story that Republicans and conservatives were unreasonable in asking for a complete repeal of Obamacare, you have actually been lying to the American people because that's not what we were asking for," Labrador said.

....The criticism took a number of other forms. Labrador rebuked his fellow House members for airing their complaints with the House leadership's strategy to reporters. The leaks Labrador was complaining about got so bad in recent weeks that at one point House GOP leaders pleaded with their members not to leak details of their latest strategy to the conservative National Review.

"I think it also was not very helpful when you have person after person going to the media and whining about how difficult this is," he said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/lying-to-the-...

WWWAAAAHHHH!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Rush Limbaugh Explains The GOP Defeat

Wonder what the base is saying to itself? Here’s Rush Limbaugh today, denouncing the “defeatist Beltway GOP.”....

How did this defeat come about? A sellout by elites, plus some kind of weird conspiracy involving the Negro president, says Rush.

There’s your conservative populism. Not a sober-sided analysis of this defeat, no self-examination necessary, only blaming shadowy forces surrounding Barack Obama Republican traitors who hate decent, patriotic Americans like you and me, friend. I love this part in particular:

With the election of Barack Obama and then the next day after that, it is like the country that was founded didn’t exist at all, and the transforming that Obama talked about wanting to make really had already almost been completed. Yet we’d had eight years of Bush. I’m not commenting on the specifics of Bushian policy, neo-conservative, all the things and the Iraq War. How do you go from Bush winning two elections to where we are now in the spate of a week?

Over to you, Daniel Larison!

Are these people even capable of self-criticism, of admitting error?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....
Already being done son.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just assumed, sorry.
Not too keen on televised evangelicalism either...and even many megachurches.
Televised church services are okay though. I like Dr. Charles Stanley who televises his sermons out of Atlanta, I believe.
Do you read our brain damaged plagiarist Fayetteville poster who links Pastor John Hagee's rapture jiberrish?

Be honest for a change eh?
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the song by the Jackson Five, "don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, girl..."?
Same goes for any group of people.
If one charitable organization is accused of embezzlement, does that mean all charitable organizations are thieves?
There are good churches and bad ones.
I've been to both kinds too.
Just pick a good one. If you even want to go to church, I mean.
But don't become a liberal on me, flack, and broad-brush entire groups of people to fit a personal bad experience or agenda.
I'm struggling already with Galt.
While I agree with your 4th and 5th sentences, isn't that how cons group non cons son?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Why are you loony left wingers ignoring the fact that those so called greedy insurance companies are enjoying a windfall thanks to Obama?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Let's just pretend O'bama isn't a victim once. The poor guy cries all the time that he is a victim. He thinks he is a victim of the United States. He is a victim of the Christians. He thinks he is a victim because he is black. Why would anyone want a President who thinks they are a victim. O'bama the victim is unable to govern. Why because it is too hard for him. He is a victim of the under class, right?
The only person that we have all seen actually cry was John Boehner, and more than once. I haven't heard Obama cry about any of those. I suspect that you are a victim of your own imagination and inability to think rationally. So being a bagger was rather easy for you.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon too. But most Christians voted for him anyway.
Romney lost for numerous and various reasons. He simply didn't want it bad enough because it was his for the taking.
The nanny state supporters were also rounded up and driven to the polls in droves.
You can't blame Christians because Romney dropped the ball in two separate debates and Democrats had the unions and ACORN picking up everyone on welfare driving them to the polls.
Pretty sure there were non-Christian conservatives who also didn't make it to the polls in 2012 for whatever reason.
Why do you people blame others for your problems instead of taking responsibility?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 32 min edogxxx 97,516
Abby 7-24 34 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 37 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 41 min lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min wojar 174,513
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,898
Cheap Tomatoes 4 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••