Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1005517 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
I like what this guy wrote:
As for the House's right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion. Just check the Constitution: All spending bills must originate in the House which means that lawmakers there have the right to decide whether or not they want to fund a particular government activity.
Harry Reid and Barack Obama refused to accept the money required to run the government because it left out the money they wanted to run Obamacare. That is their right. But that is also their responsibility. One cannot blame other people for not giving you everything you want.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-10-15/n...
Only Harry Reid and Barack Obama blame other people for not getting everything they want.
Yeah, I'd like it too if it weren't so stupid. There is no funding for Obamacare in the CR that was given to the House, its already funded.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1005518 Oct 16, 2013
Hey Gault, remember your Alamo analogy?
Teabagger patrinuts have surrendered the fort! Now I know why you guys need guns, you need something to tie a white flag on.
God bless Ted Cruz!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1005519 Oct 16, 2013
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right,It reminds me of Obama Care bill that has become a bureaucratic nightmare, with some 159 new government agencies, boards and programs busily enforcing the roughly 20,000 pages of rules and regulations already associated with this law.”
This is a insane law passed by dem only.
... and Carol will believe every word, Just you wait and see.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005520 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't you demanding compromise?
It was Dems screaming "clean" bill and "no negotiating" for two weeks before they woke up and decided to negotiate.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005521 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so now you guys like need to find a new mascot.
platypus. an egg laying mammal seems very appropriate.
Hello,

I didn't say the Dems keep changing names when their ideology becomes unpopular, but the Progressives do.

Remember the failed Coffee Party as they attempted to ditch Liberals as a name before settling in with Progressives?

I wouldn't be surprise if I see some new names floating around to replace Progressive within the next few months.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1005522 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed the lack of a link to support your claim.
80.5% of the population of India practice Hinduism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Indi...
The India census confirms 80% of India population are Hindus.
http://censusindia.gov.in/Census_Data_2001/In...
Dance dance dance__cut to the chase and tell us all how many Muslims live in India.

Answer is__about 150 million and they're considered that nation's least educated and productive group. But fk they do and then abort many of the female unborn as do India's Hindu's to escape the eventual expense of dowry.

It was your bud Lois Lame that "suggested" that Muslims were anti abortion__I was just "once again" bringing her up to speed.

What else ya got???
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005523 Oct 16, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... and Carol will believe every word, Just you wait and see.
Tenzing naively believes that new rules and regulations are NOT a part of implementing a bill.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005524 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dance dance dance__cut to the chase and tell us all how many Muslims live in India.
Answer is__about 150 million and they're considered that nation's least educated and productive group. But fk they do and then abort many of the female unborn as do India's Hindu's to escape the eventual expense of dowry.
It was your bud Lois Lame that "suggested" that Muslims were anti abortion__I was just "once again" bringing her up to speed.
What else ya got???
Nope,

Your logic is India has no problem with abortions so Muslims agree with it.

Fallacy-
Only 13% of India is Muslim and you cannot use the nation's abortion rate as an indication Muslim's support abortion.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1005525 Oct 16, 2013
Ohhhhhhhhhh #FLATBOEHNER

"WE LOST! WE FAILED. GOP IS TOAST."

What a waste.

Republicans afraid of co pay cards?

What turds!

"We shut it down mannnnnnn!"

OBAMACARE kicked your azzzzzzz!

The people love Blue Cross,

Number one provider on exchanges!

Like some shttttt while you eat crow?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1005526 Oct 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious what Clinton did.
http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft...
"fetch almighty"
clinton was just a cowardly draft dodger, "poop's" kinda people.
Peace
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005527 Oct 16, 2013
Appropriations in the funding bill are at the $986-billion post-sequester discretionary spending level sought by GOP, pro-rated until 1/15.

Mark Knoller, CBS

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1005528 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some problems reading and comprehending the written English language.
I never said the Republicans planned to shut down the government. I suggested the government be shut down until it grows up and can do the most basic things every other government in the entire world does like budget itself. Even countries like Nigeria can generate a budget. Our government is more incompetent than the government of Nigeria.
There was no government shut down. It was all a hoax.
<this communist propaganda message approved by Vladie boy Putin>
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005529 Oct 16, 2013
The Obama administration chooses to 'recalibrate' aid rather than help Egypt's interim government fight terrorism.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005530 Oct 16, 2013
Changes to Army's dress code could bar soldiers from getting visible tattoos. An old tradition dies

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-10-15...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005531 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Dems screaming "clean" bill and "no negotiating" for two weeks before they woke up and decided to negotiate.
Son, the Senate worked it out.

The House refused to and instead, let Boehner give up.

I don't think it's a clean. But it's certainly better than anything the House offered.. and they worked with NO ONE!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005532 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't you demanding compromise?
Her party looks like the party of fools. In customary fashion, she is trying to deflect from the truth. Which is.....Republicans got trounced.

"He's the one who got us into this. He had no strategy. And it caused us to waste 16 days and get ourselves killed in the polls," Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said of Cruz. "All for a guy who was fraudulent from the start."

With a heavy dose of gallows humor, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Republicans' poll "numbers have gone down, Obamacare's somehow mysteriously have gone up. And other than that, this has been great."

"What did I say three weeks ago, what did I say a month ago, it was a fool's errand," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., waving a copy of the latest poll for reporters clustered in the Senate basement earlier this week. "I knew that it was going to be a disaster and it is a disaster."

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, a fierce opponent of the health care law, called the effort to unravel the law a "fantasy."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/fool...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1005533 Oct 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
Why are you loony left wingers ignoring the fact that those so called greedy insurance companies are enjoying a windfall thanks to Obama?
We're pro business. Obamacare is good for American people and the medical and healthcare industries.

A winner for all!!

Have you invested in Healthcare Companies?? Or is little Emammy still afraid of the capitalist stock market??

Smart capitalists all over America have.

Comunists like you obviously haven't.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005534 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
I didn't say the Dems keep changing names when their ideology becomes unpopular, but the Progressives do.
Remember the failed Coffee Party as they attempted to ditch Liberals as a name before settling in with Progressives?
I wouldn't be surprise if I see some new names floating around to replace Progressive within the next few months.
so what would be your reasoning as too why they would want to change? it's not like they're part of the surrender caucus.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1005535 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who never faced that decision you should really STFU.
Clinton avoided the draft but he was not a war mongering jackass like Karl Rove & Dick Cheney & George W. Bush.
The Vietnam War was not about defending our country. It wax a stupid war based on a stupid theory that we pretended to wage. When going to war, take the whole team. The entire situation was avoidable in the 50's.
I was in college & sat in the room with20 guys watching them draw numbers. If your number was under 160, you were f*cked. College deferments for most in that room would run out before the war was over.
I recall one of those in that room was a kind gentle divinity student. Drafted. Then dead. He had no business being in war.
I don't blame those who try to avoid the Vietnam draft. I only blame those that did that & then went on to be hawks.
Me, I put my name in the draft but wasn't chosen.
Those that didn't live it should be judges of those that did.
"real dumb"
Who was president when 50,000+ American's were sent to their deaths in Nam? Was it lbj? A democrat? Tell me that ain't true.
"real dumb" you also are a liar. We all knew that but you continue to prove it with your every post. No one put their name in for the draft, all males were draft eligible. Many got deferments, health reasons, the fact they were going to school, they were married, needed on the family farm. All you had to do was volunteer for the draft and you would have been in the Army, but a coward like you ran off to Canada.
One more time, no one put their name in for the draft, some volunteered for the draft, but, no one put their name in.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005536 Oct 16, 2013
Cruz’s Preposterous Spin

Ted Cruz’s press conference today was as desperate an exercise in spin as I have seen in many years:VIDEO

One of the stranger aspects of Cruz’s rhetoric throughout the last few weeks has been his insistence that Washington must “listen to the American people,” when it could not have been clearer that those advocating the shutdown/defunding strategy were doing their best to ignore what the public had to say. Indeed, for some of Cruz’s defenders the fact that his effort was extremely unpopular meant that it was noble rather than indefensibly foolish. He followed this up today with the bizarre claim that “the American people over the last few months have risen up in overwhelming numbers,” which is true only in the sense that an overwhelming majority of the people disapproves of what Cruz and his allies have been doing.

Cruz briefly allowed himself to acknowledge reality when he admitted that “there is nothing to be gained” by holding up the Senate deal. Then again, there was never anything to be gained by the pointless showdown that Cruz urged his party to embrace, which didn’t stop Cruz from deceiving his colleagues and his supporters by claiming that something could be gained. It is only now that the farce has come to an end that Cruz is willing to accept that continuing that showdown is futile, but there was never a time when it was not. Barro sums up what has changed:

Nothing has changed today to make delay and destruction any more futile than it was yesterday, back when Cruz was in favor of delay and destruction.

The only thing that has changed, I think, is that Ted Cruz has more to lose than to gain by continuing to wreak havoc.

So Cruz is capable of recognizing when he has reached a dead end, but he is indifferent to the damage done to anyone but himself. Anyone who wants to follow a leader like that should be prepared to be ill-treated and misled from start to finish.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 51,264
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,870
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 49,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min J RULES 71,116
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 4 hr Mover 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]