Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005430 Oct 16, 2013
With the debt ceiling deadline just hours away, U.S. Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid says a bipartisan compromise has been reached to raise the debt limit and reopen the federal government.

There will be no joy in Teabaggerville tomorrow.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1005431 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Last post on the subject fkface. The lady, who owns and operates a motel had preexisting conditions that elevated her premiums after she left her husbands employer plan. She enrolled to escape preexisting condition clauses more so than the $. And btw the preexisting conditions were described as ordinary-minor things.
In spite of the challenges she's satisfied.
Now, if you read the article, you know the ladies name as well as the name of her business. If you wish to continue to discuss this non topic__give her a call.
I would like to read the article. Where is it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005432 Oct 16, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt America’s is being Aborted so in your opinion defending God/Country and the unborn we should stand down so not to offend others...Right!!
abortion is a personal decision
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005433 Oct 16, 2013
Hatch: Defunding Obamacare 'Was Never Possible'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hatch-d...

Boehner:'We Fought The Good Fight, We Just Didn't Win'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/boehner...

House Conservative: Effort To Defund Obamacare A Mistake

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/house-c...

and....

Boehner: Blocking Senate Deal 'Will Not Be A Tactic For Us'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/boehner...

it's now official. it's a cave.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005434 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Kwazy woman.
Yeah, how stupid can I possibly be?

(No need to answer that.)

This president really put all of his energy behind jobs and the economy his first two years in office and has done everything within his power to kick start the free market and get this capitalistic system back up and running again.

How could I possibly think he put his own agenda first which ended up strangling the free market and our capitalistic system while demonizing conservatives at every opportunity?

Silly me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005435 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you really need to let this go, Galt.
You're confusing Homer more than he already is. We're on the same side, remember?
But just for the record, no religious cult here - just an ordinary run-of-the-mill believer.
I respect your freedom to be a nonbeliever and pro-choice. I expect the respect from you.
Who said Galt was a non-believer?

Who says megachurches with TV shows are Christian?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005436 Oct 16, 2013
cave repercussions.

Thanks to the Shutdown, Republicans Are Losing Ground in Numerous Senate Races

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

big surprise that.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005437 Oct 16, 2013
The Komrads know what they are doing and doing it with Everybody's money!

"After learning that 95 percent of Department of Education employees were deemed “non-essential” during the government shutdown and furloughed, I’m still wondering: Is that all?"

http://ideas.time.com/2013/10/04/shutdown-hig...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1005438 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaKare:
"The Secretary will determine..." ... everything.
If "the Secretary" determines doctors get paid less, then doctors will be paid less. If "the Secretary" determines some doctors get paid less and other doctors get paid more, then some doctors get paid less and other doctors get paid more.
If "the Secretary" determines that some hospitals get paid less and some hospitals get paid more, then some hospitals get paid less and some hospitals get paid more.
Didn't you read the actual text of ObamaKare one of your ignorant Democrats stupidly posted here?
Let me refresh your memory. It says "The Secretary will determine...." ...everything.
Machiavelli couldn't have written a more feudalistic medieval document.
So who determined medicare payments before the ACA?

Ummmm

Would that be under Health & Human Services?

OMG OMG

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005440 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
abortion is a personal decision
Not for the unborn - who didn't ask to be conceived.

But let's just agree to disagree since we will never agree. Tay?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005441 Oct 16, 2013
So did Republicans gain anything by forcing the showdown?

"No," Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) said flatly. "I think the answer is no."

"That we know not to go down this road to a shutdown again?" Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) proposed with a weak smile. "That may be something, at least."

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who previously referred to tea party lawmakers as "wacko birds," said the only good thing may be that Republicans are now forced to confront their intra-party differences.

"What I hope we've all learned is that we need to come together," McCain said, touting the bipartisan plan he helped craft. "I would like to point out, if there's a ray of sunshine in this, 14 of us came together and came up with a plan that is perfectly good ... There is a strong desire not to let [a shutdown] happen again."

He added that he "apologized a long time ago" for the wacko birds remark.

None of the aforementioned Republicans would say whether they think Cruz and other tea party lawmakers have learned anything from the debacle.

"I don't know. You'll have to interview them," McCain said. "I'm sure they're always happy to be interviewed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/16/sena...

so does Ted have Paypal on his site? nutjobs? little help?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005442 Oct 16, 2013
"We fought the good fight," Boehner said. "We just didn't win."

You never stood a chance JB
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1005443 Oct 16, 2013
Liberals keeps telling us Obamacare a Great Deal America disagree…Obamacare Website Traffic Plummets, Less than 0.5% of Visitors Enroll!! It’s time for Obama and Liberals/Democrat to agree on extending Individual Mandates for All Americans!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005444 Oct 16, 2013
couldn't pass this up.

America the Half Beautiful

Eric Idle

Carl Reiner on Twitter last week, worried about the current government shutdown, said this was cause for great concern in the world's leading democracy. And I thought, leading? Who's following? The answer would appear to be no one.

After one of the recent school shootings, a young mother said to me, "What must you think of us? You must think we're all mad." Mad certainly, but not all of you.

Half of America seems to be entirely enviable: movies, books, TV, arts, liberal democratic institutions, great centers of learning and research, gay marriage, social freedoms, etc., etc.

The other half does seem to be, well, nuts.

Currently you appear to be almost in a state of civil war. If one party can shut down the government, then the social compact to rule is broken. In most other democracies this simply could not happen. In the UK, for example, the government would dissolve and the prime minister would call for an immediate general election, which would be held within three weeks.(Yes, that quickly.) With your fixed terms you do not have this benefit. You must limp on to the next overlong election cycle and then waste a whole year of execrable television and billions of dollars on it. This is a very expensive and not very flexible system of democracy that no one else wants to follow.

The Mad Hater's Tea Party throws everything overboard, not just the tea. The captain, the crew, the ships dog... Pirates could hardly do worse.

It seems especially perverse that people purporting to be Christian, a religion that vows to help the poor and heal the sick, should be so violently against helping the poor and healing the sick. Followers of a religion that preaches forgiveness and turning the other cheek, demand the right for the outright insane to own more and more weapons. Nuts, I'm afraid.

Now some people get very angry when a non-American like me dares to talk about America. "Well, piss off then, go somewhere else," they say. Forgetting that we who live amongst you are the ones who like you the most, and if you don't listen to what we think, then the ostrichisation of America will continue. Bend over, head in sand, hand on heart, salute flag.

The great thing about America has always been your ability to rally round in difficult times, especially under attack and create new solutions to modern problems. Of your current state the Founding Fathers would be horrified and terrified. Nobody asked the Mothers. You may need to re-evaluate. The Constitution may need updating. It's not the Bible. Then, neither is the Bible.

We need you to prosper. You can rule the world, or you can ruin it. Time to wake up. We really need you.

Pretty please.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-idle/ameri...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005445 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having some problems following your logic.
The House planned to shut down the government by passing funding bills and sending them to the Senate, right?
By the way, there was never any government shut down. It was all a hoax. 87 percent of the government remained unaffected. And we need to cut that 13 percent. The govenment cannot possibly avoid collapse at the current spending levels.
There are approximately 450,000+ furloughed employees who will disagree with you about the shutdown.

Ted Cruz: "But let me say this generally. A lot of Republicans, they've been here a long time. And they're beaten down. And they're scared that if we stand together on this (defunding Obamacare) and if a government shutdown results, that Republicans will be blamed and it's too politically risky." Guess what, they stood firm and forced a government shutdown.

By trying to pass piecemeal legislation, the House was doing nothing more than trying to defund the Affordable Care Act through a back door. It didn't work and House republicans look like a bunch of fools.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005446 Oct 16, 2013
Has Fox News declared victory for the Republicans yet?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1005447 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you win Father of the Year with that one. So if they go away to school, you won't keep them on your policy? Or will you just say, "git outta here, go on now, git"?
lily would slap her adult daughter for working at hooters. Lily like the control of having dependant adult children.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005448 Oct 16, 2013
"I hate to say I told you so." - Homer
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1005449 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you really need to let this go, Galt.
You're confusing Homer more than he already is. We're on the same side, remember?
But just for the record, no religious cult here - just an ordinary run-of-the-mill believer.
I respect your freedom to be a nonbeliever and pro-choice. I expect the respect from you.
BTW earlier you made another mistaken post__Oh My.

Islam is very anti gay__but not, definitely not, anti abortion. You can learn all you want at Islam on Abortion and those, cough, guidelines are widely misinterpreted throughout the Islam world. India for instance, where women seek sonograms to learn sex and immediately abort females in order to save dowry dollars.

Life is cheap eh? During the first four months__but then who's really counting?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005450 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz succeeded in hanging the albatross of ObamaKKKare squarely around the neck of the DemoKKKrat party, which will live or die in 2014 and 2016 based on the fate of this program.
Democrats have never tried to shy away from the Affordable Care Act. They have proudly worn it as a badge of courage and conviction. Ted Cruz did nothing more than make himself look like a fool.

Democrats have always told Republicans to step back and let the Affordable Care Act sink or swim on its own accord. It's Republicans who have refused to let that happen and I seriously doubt that Cruz and fellow crazies (as John McCain calls them) are going to see the light even now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Abby 11/24/14 4 min Cass 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,735
Ask Amy 11/24/14 9 min Cass 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min positronium 48,467
Are snowmobiles a problem in your neighbor hood ? 49 min hands on AR 2
Amy 11-22 1 hr dollars 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,590
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News