Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,175)

Showing posts 923,481 - 923,500 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the entire quote of Baucus to Sebelius on how HHS was possibly able to educate patients and providers about a new law that was "deeply confusing":
"A lot of people have no idea about all of this. People just don't know a lot about it, and the Kaiser poll pointed that out. I understand you've hired a contractor. I'm just worried that that's gonna be money down the drain because contractors like to make money...I just tell ya, I just see a huge train wreck coming down."
So what if that's what he was talking about? They proved they can't even get the damn thing off the ground last week.
Shouldn't that be enough to tell you what's coming next?
Or do you need it spelled out for you?
"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems."
~Barack Obama
He was talking about people not knowing about it. He was not talking about the law itself.

When the public education improved,he was then satisfied.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one seems to fully grasp just how crazy the IRS overseeing and managing our health care is.
The IRS historically audits organizations and individuals on both opposing sides as a political tool for those in power.
Do Democrats really believe Republicans will never again have control of Congress and the Presidency?
And will they be just as pleased about the IRS managing THEIR health care under a Republican controlled administration?
It's absolute insanity. Democratic Rockefeller was right...it's "beyond comprehension".
See my previous post on sentiments on that :-).

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The admin cannot blame a contractor totally for this debacle.
"One highly unusual decision, reached early in the project, proved critical: the Medicare and Medicaid agency assumed the role of project quarterback, responsible for making sure each separately designed database and piece of software worked with the others, instead of assigning that task to a lead contractor.
Some people intimately involved in the project seriously doubted that the agency had the in-house capability to handle such a mammoth technical task of software engineering while simultaneously supervising 55 contractors. An internal government progress report in September 2011 identified a lack of employees “to manage the multiple activities and contractors happening concurrently” as a “major risk” to the whole project.
While some branches of the military have large software engineering departments capable of acting as the so-called system integrator, often on medium-size weapons projects, the rest of the federal government typically does not, said Stan Soloway, the president and chief executive of the Professional Services Council, which represents 350 government contractors. CGI officials have publicly said that while their company created the system’s overall software framework, the Medicare and Medicaid agency was responsible for integrating and testing all the combined components. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/us/politics...
"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems."

If this wasn't a Freudian slip to beat all Freudian slips...

Obama knows big government can't efficiently manage itself or anything else, but his hunger for power and control is stronger than being honest about it. It just slipped out anyway.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dems are all about Obamacare being the law of the land, but so's the sequester.
In keeping with the ILLogical lock step mindlessness of empty lemming partisan herd pack Ignorance.

"OPT OUT" states-the NEW US of A.

Idiots.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds far more like your auto-biography grampa, unlike you and the obsessed baggers Ghost has more than proven that he has a life and purpose, you however have proven the very opposite. When i'm in my place in the Jefferson national forest with my loved one I couldn't care less about you nut cases. We dine, dance make love and do all of the things that you can't even remember. I can go to any hospital, or doctor in the world if need be. Your misery is way more than obvious. Now drink another cheap beer and expand that waist line some more tubba Bubba.
Your first cousins say they are tired of dining, dancing and getting banged by you. They want you to visit Europe.
FYI: Euthanasia is now legal in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All state-based exchanges have a one-year exemption from income verification.
CNN Money:

The new rule doesn't fully excuse exchanges from having to verify income, said Judy Solomon, vice president for health policy at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Exchanges must still check the applicant's income against a federal database, which will include information from his federal tax returns and a record of Social Security benefits.

The exchanges will be looking for disparities between what the applicant says and what's in the database.

If it looks like someone is understating his income by more than 10%, and the exchange doesn't have other sources to quickly check against, the exchange may choose to rely on what the applicant says.

But in those cases, the exchange must also conduct a random sample of similar applicants to make sure the verification process is working.[CNN Money, 7/15/13]
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the families of the fallen soldiers after Fisher House, a privately funded veterans' organization, came to the rescue when Obama and Hagel were still pouring over legalize before funding the families to bury these soldiers.
Tell that to the growing number of people whose premiums have doubled and tripled to get the same health care under Obamacare.
Privatization is the BEST thing that works. Government controlled anything is the WORST thing that NEVER works.
~Presidential candidate Barack Obama
Are you frikkin' kidding me? UPS and FedEx are prime examples of how privatization works!
Obama has no clue what's he's even talking about. Then and now.
Jibberish__congress shut down the government without having a clue as to which departments would be effected and how. Do you actually expect the POTUS to jump through political hoops well into his second term?

The UPS FedX story is irrelevant.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, and my diagnosis would be the dreaded fence post syndrome.A common affliction amongst the baggers.
Parasite Baggers don't get that "BALANCE" thing lol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican eight hour work day-Twelve hours -flock you working class peons-- no breaks, three minutes for lunch, no OT.
The DemoncRat eight hour work day-Seven hours, yewniun half hour (stretched) to an hour lunch ..pretty much perpetual breaks the rest of the time....with occassional moments of productivity, when thumbs are removed from up each others (and own) arses.
The INDEPENDENT, honest wage earning, tax paying Americans FOR America eight hour work day-Eight and half hours, logged half hour lunch, logged two fifteen minutes, paid for eight only, with a FCK YOU partisan, herd pack lemming PEABRAINS, that's ALL you're getting too-- attitude from hell.
T.E.A.!!!
Independent AMERICAN voters FOR America-NOT against it!!
many people work more than 40 hours per week, as much as necessary to get the job done, with no overtime pay....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Magnificent dodging!
The economy, the GDP and unemployment were doing just fine until the housing market collapse. Some Republicans didn't heed Bush's warnings either, but all Democrats resisted any oversight and even expanded the law so that more unqualified buyers could buy more expensive and overpriced homes.
However, the Democrats up for reelection in 2014 will have to say a lot more than what you just did.
still delusional.

must be those 'skewed' polls.

and let's not go down that failed 'it's the Dems fault' road. they only way you can even go there is by ignoring this....

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

Lawrence Lindsay, Bush's first chief economic adviser, said there was little impetus to raise alarms about the proliferation of easy credit that was helping Bush meet housing goals.

"No one wanted to stop that bubble," Lindsay said. "It would have conflicted with the president's own policies."

Today, millions of Americans are facing foreclosure, home ownership rates are virtually no higher than when Bush took office, Fannie and Freddie are in a government conservatorship, and the bailout cost to taxpayers could run in the trillions of dollars.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

and this....

The Bush tax cuts have contributed to revenues dropping in 2004 to the lowest level as a share of the economy since 1950, and have been a major contributor to the dramatic shift from large projected budget surpluses to projected deficits as far as the eye can see.

The tax cuts have conferred the most benefits, by far, on the highest-income households — those least in need of additional resources — at a time when income already is exceptionally concentrated at the top of the income spectrum.

The design of these tax cuts was ill-conceived, resulting in significantly less economic stimulus than could have been accomplished for the same budgetary cost. In part because the tax cuts were not as effective as alternative measures would have been, job creation during this recovery has been notably worse than in any other recovery since the end of World War II.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Christian billionaires for prosperity?

Tea party imbeciles.

Billionaire: one guy with a

THOUSAND MILLION DOLLARS!

"cut my taxes...whaaah...whaaaaa! "

"Cut food stamps for poor kids"

"Ban gay marriage"

"Take away rights from women"

"Cut my taxes, I am not rich enough"

"I gave Bush a million dollars"

" he cut my taxes, gave me $50 million a year"

"I want my Bush back"

TEA PARTY TRAITORS!

A billionaire crying for gov tax help?

Get real.

These out of touch freaks are done.

Put a fork in your azzzzzz!

Americans for healthcare reform:

WE VOTED FOR OBAMA.

WE VOTED FOR OBAMACARE!

billionaires are doing just fine.

They don't need any government help.

THAT'S WHY WE FLUSHED PALIN AND MITT DOWN THE DRAIN.

LOL

LOL

LOL

HA HA HA HA HA.....

(come back when you win!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And where would we be today without both of them....Talk about poverty if you pugs had your way...If Obama had just a little help from the right we would be able to correct a lot of the messes you made.
If he wants help, he needs to lighten up with that Marxist communist grip of nothing but partisan megalomania.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO simple...just do the RIGHT thing for AMERICA-and DELAY and IMPROVE what needs IMPROVED STILL.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

"Theytold me," Martin Sheen's Willard says to Marlon Brando's Kurtz in "Apocalypse Now," at the end of a long journey up the river, "that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound."

His baldness bathed in gold, his body pooled in shadow, Kurtz murmurs: "Are my methods unsound?"

And Willard — filthy, hollow-eyed, stunned by what he’s seen — replies: "I don't see any method at all, sir."

This is basically how reasonable people should feel about the recent conduct of the House Republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/opinion/sun...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Neither program have not added to the debt.
Just the fact I have to prove this to you is very telling.

http://www.federalbudget.com/
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Here is his complete quote again-

"Here's the entire quote of Baucus to Sebelius on how HHS was possibly able to educate patients and providers about a new law that was "deeply confusing":
"A lot of people have no idea about all of this. People just don't know a lot about it, and the Kaiser poll pointed that out. I understand you've hired a contractor. I'm just worried that that's gonna be money down the drain because contractors like to make money...I just tell ya, I just see a huge train wreck coming down."
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He was talking about people not knowing about it. He was not talking about the law itself.
When the public education improved,he was then satisfied.
That is in denial of this part of the quote-
"I'm just worried that that's gonna be money down the drain because contractors like to make money...I just tell ya, I just see a huge train wreck coming down."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
privatization never works.
All private production of entertainment, music, art, etc should be banned and turned over to the government....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Democrats are not “giving in” to Republican hostage taking – that is, they are not allowing the country to be held up. The public should be aware that what Democrats are “negotiating” is to protect the country from a Constitutional crisis and to have budget talks that are done as they used to be done. That is, they are not fighting for their agenda. They also didn’t start this fight.

But at this point, Republicans need to entice Democrats aboard. They just haven’t faced that reality yet. Somehow it never occurs to the media to ask Republicans what they are willing to give Democrats, instead they nervously ask if Democrats will finally accept the dirty bomb Republicans are offering.

The country is to beg Republicans to stop destroying us and if they agree, that is their big gift to us.

Instead, even now, Republicans offer things like they’ll end sequestration (notice that in public, they try to blame Democrats for sequestration but it was their idea, their holy grail, they gloated about getting it and now they are using it as leverage) if Democrats make cuts to entitlements. That would be like Democrats imposing their ideology on the country without going through proper channels and then offering Republicans to stop doing that if they could get their policies passed. Where’s the give?

Even the Collins deal that’s being hailed as “bipartisan” is not bipartisan. It extends the debt limit into January, delays the ObamaCare medical device tax for two years, and funds the government for six months at sequester levels. Hello? Where’s the give? And now Republicans are making the outraged rounds on Sunday TV that Democrats won’t cave to them.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/13/democr...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many people work more than 40 hours per week, as much as necessary to get the job done, with no overtime pay....
Ya....I(!) KNOW that DUHmmy.

(As in been there- done it-FWEE even, and that SURE doesn't make that kind of thing right!!).
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's what I said but thanks for providing a link for those, like Galt, who are confused.
Galt was NOT confused. Galt was the one stating Medicare Advantage uses HMOs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
When a poll came out this week showing that the government shutdown was putting Republican Mike Coffman in danger of losing his Colorado congressional seat, the lawmaker responded with the serenity of martyrs through the ages.
“Whatever the consequences of doing what’s right,” he told a Denver TV station,“I’m willing to take those consequences.”
It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.
Skeptics warned from the start that it was a suicide mission for Republicans to shut down the federal government in a long-shot attempt to defund Obamacare. Now that such dire predictions have come to pass, the lawmakers who engineered the shutdown are getting the conflagration — and the martyrdom — they sought.
Call it the Cruzifiction of the GOP.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
winning by losing. losing your Congressional seat that is.
Raul Ruiz (D-CA) voted in favor of delaying the individual mandate in a desperate attempt to hold his Congressional seat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 923,481 - 923,500 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,200
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min mdbuilder 43,035
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Frank 167,696
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,034
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 47,080
Bridgeport site targeted for high school rowing... (May '08) 4 hr Daniel Izguerra 8
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]