Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005088 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obamacare proves the disaster most Americans anticipate...Obama, Reid and the Democrats are the only ones going on "a trip".
It's their and the liberals' baby now, Lily.
Have you let that sink in yet?
The majority don't like this baby already...and it's still in the last trimester.
We'll pass out cigars on January 1.
(Just don't give one to Bill Clinton...might open an old wound.)
That's not what you baggers are worried about and you know it. Since when have the REpublican party ever worried about any kind of care for the poor or working class? Lock steppers all of you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005089 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obamacare proves the disaster most Americans anticipate...Obama, Reid and the Democrats are the only ones going on "a trip".
It's their and the liberals' baby now, Lily.
Have you let that sink in yet?
The majority don't like this baby already...and it's still in the last trimester.
We'll pass out cigars on January 1.
(Just don't give one to Bill Clinton...might open an old wound.)
We already know you hate babies; and women, and blacks, Hispanics, Jews, gays......
What else is new?
I think your secret passion may be cigar sex, you keep bringing it up.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005091 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I don't need to son.
That's not my claim it's computer generated.... it's YOURS.
So I'm still waiting for you my little lying idiot!
You never explained, for one example, how a computer generated signature got on a supposed "birth certificate" generated in 1961.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the computer from 1961.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1005092 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
it's going to be a day that the tea party will try very hard to persuade us to forget....
Houston Chronicle Expresses Regrets For Endorsing Cruz
"When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison's example in his conduct as a senator," the editorial read. "Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/houston...
i haven't had this much fun since Rove made a fool of himself on election day.
Editorial from TPM, hmmm seems you are continuing to use partisan sources.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1005093 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So 22,000 are going on the public dole. Gotcha!!! Bankruptcy here we come!!!
I like the 37k who had to "sign up" before they saw the cost then said "fck this sht".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005094 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
It is really a shame that the rightwingers from day one have done nothing but attempt to demonize, denigrate, and besmirch this president.
It's really pathetic if you think about it.
Homer 2016 - "I speak the truth, YOU deal with it!"
Winner of the Political Photo of the Year was Brooks Franks of Time; the photo? President Obama speaking in the rain:

http://vimeo.com/63696868

That ought to send these baggers over the edge. Lois thinks she's winning something by killing a baby, kwazy.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005095 Oct 16, 2013
ACA is a success, Republicans panicking afraid all of America will come to this realization.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005096 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Any word on whether they signed up with the "real" Blue Cross or Galt's alternate universe Blue Cross?
oh lord.

see why i don't read every right wing nutjob post? if i did i'd be on Medicare Part D.
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1005097 Oct 16, 2013
Government shut down so free style Africans admire the American struggle for civil rights. Yet, when some come to America and discover black is not so beautiful, they insist on maintaining a separate identity.
"When indigenous African people come to the United States, they adopt an attitude of superiority ... about individuals who could very well be of their own blood," Tokley says.
Some African customs,such as female circumcision, shock Americans. Other traditions have been forgotten, or, in the case of Kwanzaa, invented in America.
Africans tend to have a strong patriarchal system, with differences in attitudes about family and work.
"The women's liberation movement has barely caught up to Africa," says Cheikh T. Sylla, a native of Senegal and the president of a Tampa architecture firm.
"That's why I think many unions between African men and African-American women don't tend to last. Most African-American women are like, "I'm not going to put up with the notion that you are the absolute head of the household,' " says Sylla, who does not mind his American wife's feisty ways.
Sylla says he's baffled by blacks' unwillingness to take advantage of America's many opportunities and their willingness to blame most problems on race.

"When most Africans come here, their first priority, by and large, is education," he says. "Right here you have a tool that allows you to open doors within American society.
"There was no king in my family or any other type of royalty in my lineage. I had to work to earn every single penny I own, and it was brutal. The African-American experience is so profound that at times I don't think I can appreciate it. I understand it must be recognized as a matter of history, but it cannot be held as a justification to one's inability to succeed."

In 1990, the median household income of an African immigrant was $30,907, according to the Center for Research on Immigration Policy in Washington, D.C. That compares with $19,533 for black Americans. Africans who immigrate to the United States come largely from the educated middle class of their countries. The research center reports 47 percent are college graduates and 22 percent have a professional specialty. Only 14 percent of black Americans graduate from college.
"Most of the friction between African people centers around the class issue," Yeshitela says. He says when blacks and Africans fight over jobs, they are buying into a conspiracy to keep them at odds. "I don't like the artificial separations that won't allow the two of us to get together. It is not in our best interest to always be at each other's throat." Especially since the two groups are in the same boat now, Akbar says.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1005098 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That shouold read:
Reid and McConnell will soon announce an agreement to "reopen" the government that never shut down.
I heard a (d) politician on the radio this morning crying about all the people not getting a paycheck during this government slowdown. He could pay them with his check if he really felt that bad.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1005099 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
it's going to be a day that the tea party will try very hard to persuade us to forget....
Houston Chronicle Expresses Regrets For Endorsing Cruz
"When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison's example in his conduct as a senator," the editorial read. "Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/houston...
i haven't had this much fun since Rove made a fool of himself on election day.
they had "many reservations" but endorsed him anyway? And then you put merit in what they say? You're sinking to new lows, sonic.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005100 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Editorial from TPM, hmmm seems you are continuing to use partisan sources.
you're smarter than that.

Why we miss Kay Bailey Hutchison

Does anyone else miss Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison?

We're not sure how much difference one person could make in the toxic, chaotic, hyperpartisan atmosphere in Washington, but if we could choose just one it would be Hutchison, whose years of service in the Senate were marked by two things sorely lacking in her successor, Ted Cruz.

For one thing, Hutchison had an unswerving commitment to the highest and best interests of Texas at all times. This revealed itself in a thousand different ways. Hereabouts, we miss her advocacy for NASA, the Port of Houston and the energy industry. And we know she worked just as hard for Dallas, San Antonio and a hundred smaller Texas cities and towns.

And dare we say it? We miss her extraordinary understanding of the importance of reaching across the aisle when necessary. Neither sitting Texas senator has displayed that useful skill, and both the state and the Congress are the poorer for it.

One reason we particularly believe that Hutchison would make a difference in these hectic days is that if she had kept her seat, Cruz would not be in the Senate.

When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November's general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison's example in his conduct as a senator.

Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution.

We feel certain she would have worked shoulder to shoulder with Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, in crafting a workable solution that likely would have avoided the government shutdown altogether.

But we'll never know.

While we're on the topic, we'd like to think our first choice to succeed Hutchison in the Senate, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, would have been more amenable to following Hutchison's example than Cruz has been. But these days, we're not so sure. Dewhurst, long considered a moderate in the Texas GOP, clearly was rattled by his unexpected loss to Cruz for the Senate seat.

Since the defeat, the lieutenant governor has attempted a full-blown political makeover designed to make him the darling of the conservative wing of the Texas party.

Faced with the impossible task of outflanking three strong conservative challengers, the traditional moderate Dewhurst does not seem like a man comfortable in his own skin. It's painful to watch.

http://www.chron.com/opinion/editorials/artic...

just because the right wing nutjob sites won't put up that that makes tea party idiots look bad doesn't make TPM a partisan source.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005101 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.
It's all a lie. There is no government shut down.
tell that to the GOP congressmen who keep talking about the shutdown.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005102 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's your claim son.
I'm waiting for you to come up with the facts.
Obama lied for two weeks about a spontaneous demonstration that never happened caused by a video that didn't exist when the Al Qaeda attack on the United Sates in Libya was planned.
The real-time video watched in the White House proved the Obama story to be a lie.
The report from the CIA that was changed in the White House proved the Obama story to be a lie.

So, since it's obvious Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi, the obvious question is:

Did Obama lie for two weeks because he was involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya, and his responsibility in the plan was to lie to divert attention away from Al Qaeda.

So, was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1005103 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So 22,000 are going on the public dole. Gotcha!!! Bankruptcy here we come!!!
it's funded with taxes. so says the SC.

totally unlike Medicare Part D. and though it's totally unfunded we still seem to be chugging along.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005104 Oct 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard a (d) politician on the radio this morning crying about all the people not getting a paycheck during this government slowdown. He could pay them with his check if he really felt that bad.
That would be too much like some Democrat reaching into their own pocket to help the so-called "poor".
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1005105 Oct 16, 2013
So so so thats how its done everything is made up OK American-born blacks shouldn’t call themselves “African-American” because now there are many more people in the United States who were actually born in Africa, a black linguist and commentator says.

Race | Citing new figures from the American Community Survey, John McWhorter writes on The Book, a New Republic blog, that there are now a million African-born blacks living in the United States — as opposed to just 10,000 in 1970 — among a much larger foreign-born black population. So, he says, it’s “time to let go of the conceit we have gotten used to over the past 20 years, that black people born here are ethnically hyphenated people of half ‘African’ ancestry.”

And he pre-emptively answers dissents:

It’d be one thing if it were a hundred years ago and lots of black people still had parents who had been born into slavery and grandparents who actually “spoke African,” as it was sometimes put. But this is a very different time.

A possible objection, I imagine, is that native-born blacks are African in a “different” way than actual African immigrants–but this would be a feint rather than an argument: clearly, the proper formulation, if we are to put it on the table, is that native-born blacks are African to a much lesser extent than African immigrants. In truth, a black man from Jacksonville has more in common with a white one from Tucson than he does with a man three years out of Senegal.

And I would argue that native-born blacks are so vastly less “African” than actual Africans that calling ourselves “African American” is not only illogical but almost disrespectful to African immigrants.

So it turns out Mr. McWhorter was just getting started the other day when he wrote an Op-Ed for the Boston Globe headlined,“What’s Wrong With ‘Negro’ Anyway?” It’s not a slur, but simply an archaism, he says.[The New Republic]
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005106 Oct 16, 2013
Dear Ted Cruz (R), Canadian, Father ran with Castro, Governmentshutdownerer,

Please continue to hold the American people hostage with your government shutdown, further driving the Republican Party into disarray.

As you continue in your pursuit to destroy the economy, please know that Homer is behind you as your party is driven further into oblivion due to your political exploits.

I urge you not to falter in your quest to completely dismantle the Republican Party.

Respectfully,

Homer

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005107 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
Coo Coo Cha Choo
Obama must be the walrus in this LSD-like Obamacare trip he's taking us on.

The first words in the lyrics sure seem like it:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
I'm crying.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1005108 Oct 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the last paragraph. Only 60k out if 1 million...you call that wind in the sail? A normal person calls that a fart.
Lol! Almost all sucking on the government tit also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min L Morales 71,296
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 19 min L Morales 8
Fight at Navy Pier 20 min ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Dale 182,214
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,798
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]