Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005361 Oct 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know as well as I do that we are speaking of Tea Party crazies like Ted Cruz. As I have said before, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. That is exactly what the Republicans have been doing.
Defunding Obamacare was NEVER going to happen. Any "emerging" plan out of the House which defunded Obamacare was NEVER going to be given any consideration. The president and democrats made that perfectly clear and the plan to shut down the government as part of House strategy was pure insanity.
The Republicans are going to be the big losers in this fight in more ways than one.
Ted Cruz succeeded in hanging the albatross of ObamaKKKare squarely around the neck of the DemoKKKrat party, which will live or die in 2014 and 2016 based on the fate of this program.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005362 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Now lily you are aware that this is W. Va, so it could be his sister.
Take it easy. I'm sure it's not his sister. It's a very heartwarming story.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005363 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
proof of your religious bigotry....
Ouch! Carol getting hammered by both sides. I wish I could come to her defense but...I can't.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1005364 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They can be on their parents policies until age 26
and it's "those" not them.
Yeah they may be on the policy but I'll be damn if I'm footing the bill. Just like at 18 if they are still living here I will expect rent. Taught them life ain't free and you gotta work for your needs and wants.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005365 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having some problems following your logic.
The House planned to shut down the government by passing funding bills and sending them to the Senate, right?
By the way, there was never any government shut down. It was all a hoax. 87 percent of the government remained unaffected. And we need to cut that 13 percent. The govenment cannot possibly avoid collapse at the current spending levels.
So according to you they planned well er nothing. Sounds about right.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1005366 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still crying aren't you. You are unquestionable the biggest nutcase on here...And when you are dealing with baggers it isn't easy to pick the most clueless one.
"poop"
When dealing with various posters on this thread it is easy to name the most clueless one. Who is that person? It is you, "poop".
Peace
KMA
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005367 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comments like this that restore my faith in humanity
Drunk!!!!!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005368 Oct 16, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
former president clinton did not go AWOL, he went to England to dodge the draft. Of course he atoned for that while president he ordered the bombing of an aspirin factory, and he suffered a variety of blow jobs. He was a real stud, er turd?
Peace
KMA
Actually, when he flunked out of Oxford and lost his deferment, Clinton went to the Soviet Union to avoid the draft. England had an extradition agreement with the United States, so he would not be safe there.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005369 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently not eh? In my area, new hospitals, surrounded by clinics are popping up everywhere, the start up University of Central Florida Medical school has quickly become surrounded by a Med/Tech corridor. In Florida the Community Colleges are being re-designated as state colleges and offering bachelors degrees in nursing and other medical related fields.
I can't imagine that the trend is not a national one__yet we continue to hear nonsense from Galt, Flacko and the other clinically depressed racists who post here.
the dumbing down of the medical prtofession....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005370 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Every once in a great while Flack will stun the crowd with some sense of sanity.
Sounds like you, Lily and Flack should get a room!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005371 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That is what caused the Flack clan to be excommunicated from the church and explains the afformentioned claim by Flack:'I left the church and never looked back.'
"excommunication" is a term that applies only to the Roman Church...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005372 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah they may be on the policy but I'll be damn if I'm footing the bill. Just like at 18 if they are still living here I will expect rent. Taught them life ain't free and you gotta work for your needs and wants.
Yep, once they turn 18 - fck em!

It's the Republican way.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005374 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anecdotal commentary coming from a variety of sources count?
It seems to be coming a prevalent complaint that premiums and/or deductibles have been increased at alarming rates including from family and friends who recently received their new premium rates.
This is not a surprise and was predicted to be the result of expanding health coverage.
I keep hearing Republicans make this claim without any proof...just unsubstantiated rumor. We just got our 2014 premium notice. The monthly premium went up by $18 and there are no changes to our deductibles.

However, the exchanges are clearing following the rules set out by the Affordable Care Act in charging older adults twice as much as younger ones.

I found a link to the Blue Cross ACA rates in North Carolina. They seem comparable to off exchange rates.... with the exception of older adults not on Medicare who could pay as much as $947.19 for the top Platinum plan.(That does seem outrageous).

A 40 year old not eligible for subsidies will pay $235.47-$279.66 a month for the Bronze plan; $276.11-$360.05 for the Silver plan; $361.21-$401.02 for the Gold plan and $405.88-$446.02 for the Platinum plan.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/201...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1005375 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether a state exchange of the federal exchange, the policies are still issued by insurance companies and are different from the policies the same insurance companies sell to real customers.
Unless this woman qualified for a subsidy, the exchange was irrelevant.
It was a state exchange that she had trouble accessing. In the end she's satisfied with both her experience and savings.

You do know that she could have waited for a month or more to avoid the glitches/rush. It appears she took it as a personal challenge__good for her.

Case closed!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1005376 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya?
"DBWriter"
president nobama was involved in the conspiracy, Fast and Furious, to arm the Mexican drug cartels that have led to American deaths.
Peace

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1005377 Oct 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
It is really a shame that the rightwingers from day one have done nothing but attempt to demonize, denigrate, and besmirch this president.
It's really pathetic if you think about it.
Homer 2016 - "I speak the truth, YOU deal with it!"
homer is a perfect specimen to show how being an Obamabot rots your brain. The poor fool doesn't even realize he's been doing all of that to the tea party since day one. Therefore, because of homer, the new England journal of medicine has reclassified obamabots as "obamazombies".

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005378 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
instead of bumper stickers, the churches should be bussing people to the polls....or have absentee ballot parties....
Some do. But this is where we both agree 110%.

Republicans learned a valuable lesson in the last election. Unfortunately, too late. But pretty sure there's going to be a groundswell of a "get out the vote" campaign in 2016.

And since I'm on a song theme today, in the words of the Who, "We won't get fooled again!"

Just hope a lot of Americans won't either.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1005379 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!.... says a poster who names himself after a russian bomber!
right after Howard dean yelled "yeah", his chances of being the Democrat nominee hit the floor.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1005380 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Barack Obama vows to protect himself and Congress from Obamacare. You? Well, as far as you and your family -go to hell.
When will you learn that repeating the same lies over and over again will not result in it become truth?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1005381 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Any word on whether they signed up with the "real" Blue Cross or Galt's alternate universe Blue Cross?
37,000 said "fck off" after seeing the price!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 197,115
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 54,601
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 2 hr robert 4
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 3 hr Outlaw Entitlements 2
Kim K has such a large azz, it turns me OFF. 3 hr Condoms unnecessary 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr 40ish 6,443
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages