Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659093 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005934 Oct 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure it actually does get us past the holidays. People know this process WILL start all over again just as bill are coming due for Christmas.
So why would anyone want to do any shopping when the smart thing would be to hoard as much cash as you can to see what happens in January / February?
The tea party grinches have already done the damage and stolen Christmas... even though it was a 'joke' the first time.
But after the mid-term elections, which was a critical issue for the Democrats. There is no way in hell the Democrats want to face the people after the people discover exactly what the Democrats are doing to them.
That was Boehner's primary assignment, to make everything go away until after the coming elections.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1005935 Oct 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Note your continued unhappiness with President Obama who was elected twice with a majority vote.
Think he answered major questions yesterday with action if you are following the news.
People with preexisting conditions will stay on the web sites until they are signed up... not matter how long it takes?
peace
He was not elected by a majority vote. He got a little more than half of half of eligible voters. Over 100 million voters decided to just stay home. For whatever the reason.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1005936 Oct 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there no end to your monotonous whine? Are you DB's sister?
Throwing commonsense at you traitor would is like throwing crack at an addict you moron. America's sellout Grey Ghost, a traitor and treason, always coming back for more "BLAMING" others for his addiction to idiot, selling out America's war heroes, the military and those that actually served...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1005937 Oct 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a strange world you reside in son.
Obama's continued war on America and ghost's hate on Veteran's shows how brown shirt the USA and demokRats have become since George Bush you traitor, comrade obama denying people freedom, controlling peoples lives, and denying Veterans and people their rights.. Where is Bush when you need him??

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005938 Oct 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>A traitor, who hates on Veterans, who makes lies and claims, then can't back them up! Talk about looking stupid you dumbass and working hard to prove it you idiot, that's ghost...
It's the culture...
You mean lies like you are doing now old desperate one? What would you like me to back up loser? No one in all the time I have been on here has ever proved anything to you whiney azzed losers.So I try to speak in language even an idiot like you can understand.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1005939 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This explains why the Federal Reserve vehemently resists any attempt to audit it.
There exist on the books of the Federal Reserve gold bullion on deposit from almost every state. It has been very common in history for a country to demand gold bullion as payment from a country with monetary problems. The United States has had severe monetary problems, and is now printing money without anything backing it up, inventing money out of thin air.
I've got a question.
Is there any gold bullion still on deposit in the Federal Reserve? Or, has all that gold bullion already been stolen by Obama to pay countries that don't want to risk being paid in counterfeit dollars?
The governor of Texas not long ago made a demand that the gold bullion Texas had on deposit in the Federal Reserve be returned to Texas. As fast as a bear trap slamming shut, that story disappeared. Now, what would make a story like that disappear that fast? That would be an excellent opportunity for the Democrats to grandstand.
If there were no gold bullion on deposit at the Federal Reserve, and all the gold on deposit there had already been stolen by Obama, that would make a story like that disappear as fast as a male page disappearing off Barney Frank's New York hotel balcony, wouldn't it?
How about we take a look at the gold in Fort Knox, while we're at it. I wonder if there's any gold there, too.
Heard this on the radio this morning as I was taking the girls to school. The said something to the effect that what we just had wasn't a debt crisis. He said the real debt crisis will happen when nobody will loan us money. We are on our way there now.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1005940 Oct 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a strange world you reside in son.
Son?

What are you Yeah's twin, Wilhelm from Germany? Maybe it's just you old needy relics from retardland talk the same.

Everything outside of your padded room is strange to you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005941 Oct 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know more people have applied to live on Mars than have signed up for Obamacare
Over 200,000 people apply to live on Mars
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-09/1...
lol! Talk about a low acceptance rate.....

"...Over the next two years the applicants will be whittled down to a small number of teams (six to ten) each consisting of four people...."

I'd bet the acceptance count is already higher for ACA!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005942 Oct 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean he's going to lecture to us again and disappear from the podium before answering any questions.
Never before has any president given so many speeches and answered so few questions.
Really? You have a link for that claim son?

And no, linking to your thoughts and beliefs don't count son!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005943 Oct 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You do realize they have found water on mars? The moon also. Business not government will take us massively into space. To much money out there to pass up. The next 20 years will be amazing!!!!!!
Calm down Flack, I agree the next 20 years will be amazing.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1005944 Oct 17, 2013
List of National Debt by Country

General gross government debt. Mostly using IMF stats from April 2012.

Country
Debt % GDP

Year

Read More
Japan

IMF

Japan
Greece

IMF

Jamaica

IMF

Lebanon

IMF

Eritrea

IMF

Italy

IMF

Italy
Barbados

IMF

Portugal

IMF

Portugal
Ireland

IMF

Ireland
United States

IMF

US
Singapore

IMF

Iceland

IMF

Belgium

IMF

Mauritania

IMF

Côte d’Ivoire

IMF

Iraq

IMF

Grenada

IMF

France

IMF

France
Canada

IMF

Canada
United Kingdom

IMF

UK
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005945 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah.
President DBWriter would stop all welfare paid to anyone in the country immediately and tell everyone to "work or starve". President DBWriter would solve the "unemployment" problem and illegal alien problem at the same time.
Poor Walter, what's one more fantasy? You do know not one single soul on here believes any of your BS. You are One stone nutcase.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005946 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
For some reason, Obama's lawyers will say and do anything to avoid having to submit that obviously fraudulent "birth certificate" being shown on the White House website in any case. Now, why would they do that?
Perhaps because they are aware of the fact that knowingly submitting fraudulent evidence will get you bent over in a prison shower?
How about doing what the so-called "birfers" want and submit that document as proof of Obama's eligibility.
If that document is proven legitimate, this case will disappear faster than a male page off Barney Frank's New York hotel balcony.
lol! You prove it son.

It's your claim.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1005947 Oct 17, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean lies like you are doing now old desperate one? What would you like me to back up loser? No one in all the time I have been on here has ever proved anything to you whiney azzed losers.So I try to speak in language even an idiot like you can understand.
I wish someone had an answer to your addiction to selling out America's war heroes, fallen soldiers and America's military and war heroeos you traitor... Comrade obama and an awol ghost hate on the military and have NO respect or honor for America's war memorials and fallen soldiers...

A sellout ghost, a treasonous traitor, supporting Comrade obama closing parks, war memorials and monuments to the military and ghost pissing on the dead...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005948 Oct 17, 2013
One for all All for one wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone to profess believing in God, loving him with all their heart, and then not care about the many people who need affordable healthcare insurance. I'm not referring to people who are lazy and don't want to work, but the vast numbers of people out there struggling to survive - people who have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to stay afloat including the fact that insurance isn't made available to them through their employers. It's easy for the haves or those who don't care about anyone but themselves, to not understand this fact and be blinded by the Republican ideology that everyone who needs help in this day and age, is simply a lazy slug. That is just not so and it's disturbing sad and pathetic that they cram that ideology into unsuspecting and clueless people's minds. Some are eager to swallow that hypothesis. That's not to say that some do not try and take advantage of the system, but the fact is that the vast majority who are hurting, do not. Republicans even know this and they would have no choice but to do the same. The only difference is that they don't want Obama's name to be forever associated with helping so many average American people. That certainly won't fare well with Republicans and the tea party now would it? Kind of squashes their hope of ever getting a Republican president again. They lost again this time and their catalyst Boehner proved to be a big fail.
Because socialized medicine is the first step to controlling the people.

This administration stopped just short of shouting it from the rooftops that they want bigger government and more control.

If providing better health care and more accessible care to the people was truly the goal of this president, the first step would have been to find logical and common sense ways to lower the costs of health care.

There will still be 30 million uninsured according to the CBO even if everyone else in the country signs up.

The ACA was a ruse to make government bigger and to have more control in our lives.

Because liberals constantly confuse gullibility with compassion, you fell for it.

Anyone can go to any ER and get treatment. If you don't think millions of people will still do that without signing up, you're TOO gullible. Is Obamacare going to turn them away?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005949 Oct 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything that lowers Govt spending is a winner to American Taxpayers. The battle has been delayed and the off election "wish" list is coming to a close. NO serious BIG spending programs are approved during an election year.
We invaded Iraq during an election year iirc.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005950 Oct 17, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Son?
What are you Yeah's twin, Wilhelm from Germany? Maybe it's just you old needy relics from retardland talk the same.
Everything outside of your padded room is strange to you.
So says the idiot with a 100 names, and all are way beyond stupid..Eat your crow in silence LOSER.LMAO
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005951 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Port Harcourt for a year. That is why I can make a comparison between the government of Nigeria and this clown act we have here. In fact, the Delta State, which is the most socially undeveloped state in the entire country of Nigeria, with the lowest education level, can produce a budget for its state government.
The government of Nigeria can produce a budget. The most dysfunctional state government in the entire country of Nigeria can produce a budget.
The government of the United States has been too incompetent to produce a budget since Obama took office.
Since Obama took office, the government of the most dysfunctional state in Nigeria has been more competent than the government of the United States.
You should go back 'home' where you feel more comfortable son.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1005952 Oct 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
More importantly; at what cost? How much did this debacle cost? How much did bringing Obamacare up for a vote 32 times cost?
The republicans squawk about spending and then waste money on nonsense and hearings etc.
"silly"
How much of that money would not have been spent if there were no votes on the bills? Weather or not the legislators vote or not changes nothing. They still get paid, their staffs still get paid, all other expenses continue. Hearings on something would have taken place. Those folks get paid weather they vote or not.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1005953 Oct 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably because living on Mars is a more practical idea than ObamaKare.
You should apply son.

Then you can prove something for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 8 min Biased Mayhem 107
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 3 hr Earl 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,098
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 7 hr Hillary Alinsky 14
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 7 hr PAY ME 12
Trump is A 13 hr Commie Killer 189
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr what a russsh 11,595

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages