Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
923,221 - 923,240 of 1,083,678 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i know this is right wing denial day/week/month/year, but really?
Gibberish.

Your own article stated it was referring to a poll conducted a year ago. I left that comment only so you had no excuse for not seeing it.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
but in return for higher premiums you get to feel good by subsidizing other people's slacker children and the chronically ill...doesn't that make you feel better?...
welcome to amerika.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The poll was done last year as I stated and there has been no new polls reflecting views about the issues of NSA spying and his handling of Libya, Syria or Egypt.
Man the Egypt & Libya incidences happened before he was elected &, he got to a resolution in the Syria conflict without using military might. That being said, if the country wasn't with him, he would've never been elected. Still putting faith in polls. You ain't learned yet I see!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite part of this beyond someone admitting there that the premiums and deductibles are higher-by a ways- than previous years was the people commenting panicking about him being honest about it happening.
comments...

The reason is, your policy did not have the minimum provisions required in Obamacare. Therefore, that particular policy will no longer exist under the new law.

You can't blame Obamacare because you selected substandard insurance. And remember, those who have no insurance at all will be getting a 100% premium increase. However, the vast majority of them are grateful they can finally get insurance.

You likely qualify for subsidies, if you're too stubborn to take them, that's on you.

So basically Kaiser raped you on renewal and tried to blame it on ACA. If this isn't proof that this whole industry needs reform nothing else is.

I am so tired of the ACA getting blamed for greedy insurance companies. wtf people? Go yell at your stupid insurance company that raises their rates whenever they please, and now have a perfect scapegoat for their bad behavior. And while you're at it go yell at the greedy corporations that don't want to pay for your healthcare, or give you a living wage, that are likewise using the ACA and the President as their excuse for being greedy aholes. Healthcare reform will take some time to get right. It seems a small miracle to me that we have made it this far. And please, start directing all that angst at the people and companies that deserve it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30/1242... #

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Hey Eman, put down your computer for a minute and watch the news. You're missing your teabagger world collapse. Your moron friends in the House can't even agree. The Heritage Foundation said rein in these idiots or we'll rate them. Obama doesn't even have to throw you losers a bone. You're going down in flames.
God bless Ted Cruz!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what you're talking about. They changed the bill to give them power to try &, leverage the WH into their 1 sided compromise. Harry Reid has nothing to do with the republicans hostage tactics. They rigged a once neutral rule to fit their gov't shutdown agenda.
don't say "you don't know what your talking about", then call it a bill. Its a house rule. And more political rhetoric. Rangel got laughed at recently for that type of talk.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what you're talking about. They changed the bill to give them power to try &, leverage the WH into their 1 sided compromise. Harry Reid has nothing to do with the republicans hostage tactics. They rigged a once neutral rule to fit their gov't shutdown agenda.
Garbage. Every two years parliamentary rules are voted on. The Dems have enacted their fare share of one sided rules and this may have been a re-write of on theirs.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read your report? Only 1.2 % of people applying for supplements were found ineligible. Given the amount of fraud within the medicare and food stamp program this is nothing.
You have a reading comprehension problem. The report said..."Out of 1,410,647 individuals SUBJECT TO INCOME LIMITS (in other words...those who had an AGI exceeding $1.25 million) only 1.2% were determined to be ineligible. That means 98.8% of those who were ineligible under the new guidelines cheated the system. Republicans: Crooks and liars.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Gibberish.
Your own article stated it was referring to a poll conducted a year ago. I left that comment only so you had no excuse for not seeing it.
go look at it. i know you haven't because there's much you could've actually used in your right wing sort of way.

http://www.pewresearch.org/2013/09/03/obama-s...

the poll associated with the article was done in 2013.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
its not about "learning". Think of reading as sit ups for your brain.
Like I said, everybody doesn't learn the same. What the sense in doing sit ups if you have abdominal cancer. Reading doesn't help everyone until their brain is able to attain &, aquire the knowledge. I didn't like reading until I got older.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Debt Talks in Disarray as House Balks

“It’s very, very serious,” warned Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona.“Republicans have to understand we have lost this battle, as I predicted weeks ago, that we would not be able to win because we were demanding something that was not achievable.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/us/politics...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
comments...
The reason is, your policy did not have the minimum provisions required in Obamacare. Therefore, that particular policy will no longer exist under the new law.
You can't blame Obamacare because you selected substandard insurance. And remember, those who have no insurance at all will be getting a 100% premium increase. However, the vast majority of them are grateful they can finally get insurance.
You likely qualify for subsidies, if you're too stubborn to take them, that's on you.
So basically Kaiser raped you on renewal and tried to blame it on ACA. If this isn't proof that this whole industry needs reform nothing else is.
I am so tired of the ACA getting blamed for greedy insurance companies. wtf people? Go yell at your stupid insurance company that raises their rates whenever they please, and now have a perfect scapegoat for their bad behavior. And while you're at it go yell at the greedy corporations that don't want to pay for your healthcare, or give you a living wage, that are likewise using the ACA and the President as their excuse for being greedy aholes. Healthcare reform will take some time to get right. It seems a small miracle to me that we have made it this far. And please, start directing all that angst at the people and companies that deserve it.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30/1242... #
As I said the comments were hilarious.

The cost of insurance wouldn't be up so high except for the Obamacare law ordering the companies to provide coverage for wide expanse of services that some people will never use. If the commentator finds increase health care cost outrageous she needs to contact her representative.

Liked the one that assumes the person qualifies for subsidies without any proof this is true-unless it is common knowledge there that everyone is poor.

So the covering of a few million people was worth making everyone's insurance so high that families have to give up on things they would have bought instead-perhaps new tires for a car, clothing, etc.

A family friend -Previous monthly cost was $350. New rates $1200 and this is for a union job.

This is not going over well with the public! The solution is worse than the problem.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Garbage. Every two years parliamentary rules are voted on. The Dems have enacted their fare share of one sided rules and this may have been a re-write of on theirs.
Yea, a rewrite that fell right in line with their hostage negotiations. I've already asked you to bring up an instance when the democrats held the country hostage by parliamentary rule. Still waiting!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
don't say "you don't know what your talking about", then call it a bill. Its a house rule. And more political rhetoric. Rangel got laughed at recently for that type of talk.
That's not the best you for, is it? Thanks for the correction but, knew what I was talking about. Now how about you show when the democrats held the country hostage by parliamentary rule!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Still looking for that parliamentary timing where the democrats held the country hostage, in attempts to negotiate their agenda huh?

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
The insurance exchanges are sit up following the Pelosi model. You have to sign up for your plan before you find out what's in it.
There you go with your lies.

A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.

Here's the steps one by one from the "Health Insurance Marketplace":

(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
(4) Choose a plan that meets your needs and enroll!

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/indivi...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a reading comprehension problem. The report said..."Out of 1,410,647 individuals SUBJECT TO INCOME LIMITS (in other words...those who had an AGI exceeding $1.25 million) only 1.2% were determined to be ineligible. That means 98.8% of those who were ineligible under the new guidelines cheated the system. Republicans: Crooks and liars.
A cheater who is worth 1 million or 17 thousand is still a cheater...

this is how you excuse your shitty ethics...

Dumazz

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your lies.
A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.
Here's the steps one by one from the "Health Insurance Marketplace":
(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
(4) Choose a plan that meets your needs and enroll!
https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/indivi...
\
Go and do it...and be sure to capture some screen shots and post them here...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the best you for, is it? Thanks for the correction but, knew what I was talking about. Now how about you show when the democrats held the country hostage by parliamentary rule!
Who is a hostage?

Where?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said the comments were hilarious.
The cost of insurance wouldn't be up so high except for the Obamacare law ordering the companies to provide coverage for wide expanse of services that some people will never use. If the commentator finds increase health care cost outrageous she needs to contact her representative.
Liked the one that assumes the person qualifies for subsidies without any proof this is true-unless it is common knowledge there that everyone is poor.
So the covering of a few million people was worth making everyone's insurance so high that families have to give up on things they would have bought instead-perhaps new tires for a car, clothing, etc.
A family friend -Previous monthly cost was $350. New rates $1200 and this is for a union job.
This is not going over well with the public! The solution is worse than the problem.
so posts from Kos are now considered credible....

House Republican rush to offer own plan to end their shutdown

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/15/1247...

but i can assure you stories about right wing 'friends' are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 min andet1987 4,568
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Jacques from Ottawa 175,131
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,892
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr gauntlet 305
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nono 3,849
Amy 7-30 2 hr Julie 20
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••