Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
923,201 - 923,220 of 1,101,135 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004685 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
don't say "you don't know what your talking about", then call it a bill. Its a house rule. And more political rhetoric. Rangel got laughed at recently for that type of talk.
That's not the best you for, is it? Thanks for the correction but, knew what I was talking about. Now how about you show when the democrats held the country hostage by parliamentary rule!
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004686 Oct 15, 2013
Still looking for that parliamentary timing where the democrats held the country hostage, in attempts to negotiate their agenda huh?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1004687 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
The insurance exchanges are sit up following the Pelosi model. You have to sign up for your plan before you find out what's in it.
There you go with your lies.

A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.

Here's the steps one by one from the "Health Insurance Marketplace":

(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
(4) Choose a plan that meets your needs and enroll!

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/indivi...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1004688 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a reading comprehension problem. The report said..."Out of 1,410,647 individuals SUBJECT TO INCOME LIMITS (in other words...those who had an AGI exceeding $1.25 million) only 1.2% were determined to be ineligible. That means 98.8% of those who were ineligible under the new guidelines cheated the system. Republicans: Crooks and liars.
A cheater who is worth 1 million or 17 thousand is still a cheater...

this is how you excuse your shitty ethics...

Dumazz

Location hidden

#1004689 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.
(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
\
Go and do it...and be sure to capture some screen shots and post them here...

Location hidden

#1004690 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the best you for, is it? Thanks for the correction but, knew what I was talking about. Now how about you show when the democrats held the country hostage by parliamentary rule!
Who is a hostage?

Where?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1004691 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said the comments were hilarious.
The cost of insurance wouldn't be up so high except for the Obamacare law ordering the companies to provide coverage for wide expanse of services that some people will never use. If the commentator finds increase health care cost outrageous she needs to contact her representative.
Liked the one that assumes the person qualifies for subsidies without any proof this is true-unless it is common knowledge there that everyone is poor.
So the covering of a few million people was worth making everyone's insurance so high that families have to give up on things they would have bought instead-perhaps new tires for a car, clothing, etc.
A family friend -Previous monthly cost was $350. New rates $1200 and this is for a union job.
This is not going over well with the public! The solution is worse than the problem.
so posts from Kos are now considered credible....

House Republican rush to offer own plan to end their shutdown

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/15/1247...

but i can assure you stories about right wing 'friends' are not.

Location hidden

#1004692 Oct 15, 2013
I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for John Boehner. He's learning you can't reason with crazy people. Therefore, his only choice is to stop worrying about his speakership by trying to keep the crazy people happy.

While John McCain has been laying the groundwork for another run for the White House by calling Tea Baggers "wacko birds", Boehner has been laying on his back like a submissive dog.

Time to get a backbone Boehner by telling the Tea Tards to "F" off.

Location hidden

#1004693 Oct 15, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
\
Go and do it...and be sure to capture some screen shots and post them here...
No thanks. I have insurance but you can give it a try.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004694 Oct 15, 2013
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is a hostage?
Where?
So now you wanna play dumb! The gov't employees on temporary layoff &, furloughs. The folks on gov't programs that they've paid into but, are having complications with. The entire nation is about to default on it's debt. Need I say more?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1004695 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
Still looking for that parliamentary timing where the democrats held the country hostage, in attempts to negotiate their agenda huh?
"hold the country hostage" is a lie. Get that through you head, then we can talk.

"Most respondents — 71%— said they had not been inconvenienced by the government shutdown"

" "Based on estimates drawn from CBO and OMB data, 83 percent of government operations will continue"

stupid sheep.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1004696 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 2008 farm bill, USDA was directed to withhold agricultural subsidies for individuals earning over $1.25 million in ADJUSTED gross income (AGI) annually. In other words, after subtracting nearly every imaginable expense that an agribusiness might incur, if a tax filer still has income above $1.25 million, they cannot receive taxpayer subsidies. NONE. However, those making "only" $1,249,999 or less could still receive taxpayer subsidies...In 2009, out of 1,410,647 individuals SUBJECT TO INCOME LIMITS, only 1.2 percent were ultimately found ineligible for payments, and in 2010, less than one percent were found ineligible. These are the low lifes eating at the public trough that we should be focusing on....not the poor.
Subsidies is a money pit that needs to be plugged. Period. It will not affect the Fed government's foreign food aid obligations, lunch programs or monthly food supplements to Indians and low income families.
http://www.wealthwire.com/news/economy/2220
Your article does not contain what you are stating here.

Now let's look at the actual GAO report

"Specifically, in 2010 about 1.4 million participants
received farm and conservation payments subject to income limits (see fig.2). Of these 1.4 million participants, IRS identified about 15,500 as having incomes potentially exceeding the limits."

http://www.gao.gov/assets/660/657321.pdf

The first figure represents the total number of people receiving payments- 1.4 million. It does not say 1.4 million did not qualify for payments.

Of these 1.4 million, 15,5000 were found to have incomes POTENTIALLY exceeding the limits or about 1% of those applying for farm subsidies were not qualified.

My reading comprehension of the figures were spot on and I hope citing the exact comment from the GAO clears it up for you.

However, was there fraud-yes, but not at the level you stated -99% and not ALL the people NOT qualifying was due to exceeding income levels-some did not qualify because of failure to fill out certification forms and some for failure to plant a certain number of acreages of commodity crops -the backyard farmers found in Columbus, New York City, LA and more cities.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004697 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>So now you wanna play dumb! The gov't employees on temporary layoff &, furloughs. The folks on gov't programs that they've paid into but, are having complications with. The entire nation is about to default on it's debt. Need I say more?
"When you open your monthly bill from Visa or Mastercard, have you ever thought of telling the credit card company you cannot possibly pay even the minimum balance due, and you are going to have to default on the debt, unless the company immediately increases your credit limit? What do you think your creditor would tell you if you did? Would you expect to get the increase in your credit limit that way?

That is the same silly, illogical argument that your President Barack Obama is peddling to the entire country, to considerable success, given the fundamental breakdown in this generation’s ability to handle self-government"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004698 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the logic behind a statement like that. Black people vote the folks that keep them poor? Do you hear how ignorant you sound.
you people are slipping further behind since your boy took office...bunch of suckers being played for fools....Obama is a radical leftist Oreo who doesn't give a shit about you people...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1004699 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"hold the country hostage" is a lie. Get that through you head, then we can talk.
"Most respondents — 71%— said they had not been inconvenienced by the government shutdown"
" "Based on estimates drawn from CBO and OMB data, 83 percent of government operations will continue"
stupid sheep.
Hell that's nothing. 86% of Americans thought Saddam had WMDs right before Bush went in. How'd that work out for America?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004700 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
The insurance exchanges are sit up following the Pelosi model. You have to sign up for your plan before you find out what's in it.
...and the target market is just stupid enough to do that...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004701 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) create an account
apply before you can see the plans. Sounds like the Pelosi model to me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004702 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Debt Talks in Disarray as House Balks
“It’s very, very serious,” warned Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona.“Republicans have to understand we have lost this battle, as I predicted weeks ago, that we would not be able to win because we were demanding something that was not achievable.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/us/politics...
...and McCain is an expert about being a loser...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004703 Oct 15, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Hell that's nothing. 86% of Americans thought Saddam had WMDs right before Bush went in. How'd that work out for America?
you guys are idiots. You can't compare the 2.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1004704 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
go look at it. i know you haven't because there's much you could've actually used in your right wing sort of way.
http://www.pewresearch.org/2013/09/03/obama-s...
the poll associated with the article was done in 2013.
You are right I didn't click on the link and based my comment on the phrase "based on a poll done a year ago" in your article.

I knew the figures had been sliding and as I stated these are before more recent developments.

The most disturbing is the middle East figures. We have loss the moderates there and the radicals will never support us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 177,511
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min RADIO 46,362
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min James 68,394
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 302
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search