Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382964 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005289 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gracie-Marie Turner? Galen Institute?
ROFLMAO
Stop smoking pot!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005290 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is sending the bill for the $150 a month directly to you.
LOL! Good one!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005291 Oct 16, 2013
We did not build it!

Democrats did!

They are responsible for everything from Astronauts to Algebra!

They built this:

"UT plans to cut 500 jobs in coming years"

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2013/1...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1005292 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've been around a lot of Christians since Roe v Wade and not once have I heard the issue of abortion become the topic of discussion.
It's more of an understood thing - that God created life and irresponsible behavior isn't just cause to end it.
But this "evangelical" thing some of you seem obsessed with just doesn't exist.
It's probably more prevalent in black churches, actually.
Oh yes they do Carol! My dad's girlfriend's children are all religious nuts. Biggest bunch of backstabbers you'd ever find. My take on religious people is they are a bunch of hypocrites. Why I left the church and never looked back.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005293 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to keep my boot on their necks.
You're a kinder, gentler person than am I.
What is Lois winning? Have I missed something?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005294 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I know. Except the good doctors will simply stop practicing. It is amazing how easily people are willing, no eager, to give away their freedom.
The good doctors will stop practicing? And do what?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005295 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, well we talked about this hypothetical situation regarding you before. Remember we asked you; what would you do if you were not covered under your husbands plan and there was no Obamacare?
You would not be able to purchase insurance because of pre existing conditions.
Most of the people we know, including ourselves, are self employed.
How many more years until you qualify for Medicare?
Do you see how Rick Scott has caused a big problem, especially for people like you. If he had done the Medicade expansion, then you would likely qualify for a subsidy.
Yes, and we also talked about a more common sense and cost-free approach to lowering the costs of health care and health care reform.

But the power elite want total control, Lily.

How many times do we have to go over this basic concept?

It was never about making health care more affordable and accessible to the people or even providing better health care.

It was about fundamentally transforming this nation.

Weren't you listening?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005296 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The story is interesting yet incomplete__she's pleased__case closed.
The woman had to wipe her computer of all cookies, etc, in order to sign up.

See how pleased she is after she tries to use her insurance.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1005297 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the post again.
How about you look at the signature of the mother, and you tell us how a human hand can have the normal change in thickness and contrast of the script as the force on the pen point changes as the angle of the pen changes in the human hand while writing for the first half of the signature, and what is obviously a constant thickness and contrast computer generated script for the last half of the signature.
You never explained, for one example, how a computer generated signature got on a supposed "birth certificate" generated in 1961.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the computer from 1961.
The first computer company

The first computer company was the Electronic Controls Company and was founded in 1949 by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly, the same individuals who helped create the ENIAC computer. The company was later renamed to EMCC or Eckert-Mauchly Computer Corporation and released a series of mainframe computers under the UNIVAC name.

First stored program computer

First delivered to the United States Government in 1950, the UNIVAC 1101 or ERA 1101 is considered to be the first computer that was capable of storing and running a program from memory.

First commercial computer

In 1942, Konrad Zuse begin working on the Z4, which later became the first commercial computer after being sold to Eduard Stiefel a mathematician of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich on July 12, 1950.

The first PC (IBM compatible) computer

On April 7, 1953 IBM publicly introduced the 701, its first electric computer and first mass produced computer.
The first computer with RAM

MIT introduces the Whirlwind machine on March 8, 1955, a revolutionary computer that was the first digital computer with magnetic core RAM and real-time graphics.

TransistorsThe first transistor computer

The TX-O (Transistorized Experimental computer) is the first transistorized computer to be demonstrated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1956.

The first minicomputer

In 1960, Digital Equipment Corporation released its first of many PDP computers the PDP-1.

----------

You want to talk about computer generated signatures??

The first signature duplicating machines were developed by an Englishman named John Isaac Hawkins. Hawkins received a United States patent for his device in 1803. In 1804, Thomas Jefferson began using the device extensively. This early device was known at the time as a polygraph (an abstracted version of the pantograph) and bears little resemblance to today's autopens in design or operation. The modern autopen called the Robot Pen was developed in the 1930s, and became commercially available in 1937 (used as a storage unit device, similar in principle to how vinyl records store information) to record a signer's signature. A small segment of the record could be removed and stored elsewhere to prevent misuse. The machine would then be able to mass-produce a template signature when needed."

----------

I guess Niccolo Machiavelli wasn't aware of this when he gave you your marching orders thru the TV!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005298 Oct 16, 2013
We did not build it!

Democrats did!

They created Beavis and Butthead!

They built this:

"Dayton Daily News prepares for layoffs"

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2013/1...

Location hidden

#1005299 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I know. Except the good doctors will simply stop practicing. It is amazing how easily people are willing, no eager, to give away their freedom.
Yes. The doctors will all become truck drivers.

Do you ever thnk before hitting "Post Comment"??

It appears not.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005300 Oct 16, 2013
We did not build that!

Democrats did!

They build everything!

They invented the light bulb, as well as Polio!

And the created this:

"OmniAmerican Bank to lay off 24, cut back on auto loa"

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10/09/52341...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1005301 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how much the bushie boy iraq screw up is still costing?
You really are a typical Democrat, deaf, dumb, and blind. It's Barack Hussein Obama's problem, and he's done zip, zero, nada about it. Always blame someone else, Democratic retoric par excellance.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005302 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote must happen today to avoid default.
To vote today, it takes 100% agreement on whether to take that vote.
Default is not written in stone-

It is an estimate according the WSJ

"The day takes on prominence because it is when the Treasury has estimated it would run out of the short-term moves—such as delaying funding for certain pension programs and halting contributions to a fund that is used to stabilize international financial markets—that allowed the U.S. to continue issuing new debt and pay its bills after the $16.7 trillion debt limit was technically reached in May.

Once that avenue is closed, the U.S. would have to rely on tax receipts and cash on hand—about $30 billion, the Treasury has previously said—to pay interest on its debt, Social Security checks and other obligations. Barring congressional action, that cash will run out, too, because every day the U.S. spends more than it taxes. "

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

One day wouldn't make or break the US

Location hidden

#1005303 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Lois winning? Have I missed something?
Apparently. Homer said to be gracious to the losers.

I said ok for him, not me. They tried to destroy our President. I don't suffer these fools gladly.

Had nothing to do with Lois.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005304 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is sending the bill for the $150 a month directly to you.
Oh no, now old Flack will have to go pick up some more scrape. Lol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005305 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I've been around a lot of Christians since Roe v Wade and not once have I heard the issue of abortion become the topic of discussion.
It's more of an understood thing - that God created life and irresponsible behavior isn't just cause to end it.
But this "evangelical" thing some of you seem obsessed with just doesn't exist.
It's probably more prevalent in black churches, actually.
Evangelical Christians would vote for Obama instead of a fiscally Conservative Jewish candidate....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005306 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The vote must happen today to avoid default.
silly statement....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005307 Oct 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We did not build it!
Democrats did!
They created Beavis and Butthead!
They built this:
"Dayton Daily News prepares for layoffs"
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2013/1...
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005308 Oct 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Praise Jesus!
First person enrolls in Delaware!
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Delaware-h...
Hallelujer!

That brings the grand total nationwide up to...what...3000 now? Give or take a few thousand?

Anywaaaay...I'm sure they'll have this thing running like a well-oiled machine after the IRS has collected all the tax penalties from the millions who couldn't sign up for the darn thing first.

Because as we ALL know the government ALWAYS manages to succeed in everything they touch with amazing efficiency.

So no worries. Everyone is probably just waiting until the last minute.

And like that song goes: "Everything little thing -- is gonna be all right."

Just ask any liberal on here. They'll probably even sing it for you.

(Okay, my sarcasm has peaked. Just heard the break bell anyway.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FUGITIVE - ROMEL ESMAIL WANTED!!!!! Bring him i... 1 min Romel Esmail 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min CrunchyBacon 101,968
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Jacques Orleans 214,387
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Talkin To daStraw... 59,474
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,599
What nation is this? 2 hr Slithering Eels 15
You have two cows............ 2 hr CrispyHamHocks 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages