Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
923,181 - 923,200 of 1,082,363 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you'd be chewing this bone all day; it's your schtick. Ill bet you think you're winning something you fck'n idiot.
he brought it up you fckn idiot. Go talk to your johns in the tv, skank.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
let me get this straight. Every time bawny frank is blamed for failures at fanie and Freddie you guys say one man can't possibly have that much power, then with a straight face blame one man for shutting down the government and causing a default.
did I get that right?
so you're saying that what someone says doesn't really have any effect on anything?

Barney's been telling you guys that for years now. nice to see you finally picked up on it.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats are going to get pretty much everything they want. And they're also going to have to defend it next year.
Republicans can at least say they tried to warn us. If Obamacare turns out to be the disaster most think, what will Democrats say? We didn't care?
Republicans passed an amendment or, clause in the Senate committee floor, preventing anyone but, the house majority leader. The rule previously stated everyone in the Senate could bring clause 22 ; 4 to the speaker in attempts to reopen the gov't. Y'all still wanna put the blame on the democrats?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
All day, chewing that bone. What an idiot.
you're not even a good skank. Next time suck on that bone, you'll make more money (at least that's what nutsickles claims)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter must really be confused watching you do just the opposite of what you preach.
How could you possibly know that?

But if you're talking about my criticizing an ideology that this president and the power elite embrace which is destroying traditional values, blatantly disrespects our veterans and dismisses half of us as the enemy and a threat to their destructive ideology...then I'd be ashamed to call myself a Christian if I did or said nothing.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're saying that what someone says doesn't really have any effect on anything?
Barney's been telling you guys that for years now. nice to see you finally picked up on it.
that's not what I was saying. Is it your contention that one man has enough power to shut down the government and cause a default but not have the power to cause failures at Fannie and Freddie?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed that...if he's a friend of flack, I'm guessing the bottom of the barrel.
Old flack kinda reminds me of Sleezy Eed, whenever they make a mistake them try and make ten excuses on what happened. Both also love to pretend that they have a life with lots of friends, but it's way more than obvious they both are terrible insecure. I'm betting imaginary friends and life. Kinda sad.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

<quoted text>
Probably driving around picking up scrap metal. That happens here, and the thieves steal copper piping nd wiring from abandoned or foreclosed homes. The steal everything, a/c units, etc
if you guys could read you would have seen flack mention his friend does it on pickup days. People already put the recyclables in nice little containers for him.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans passed an amendment or, clause in the Senate committee floor, preventing anyone but, the house majority leader. The rule previously stated everyone in the Senate could bring clause 22 ; 4 to the speaker in attempts to reopen the gov't. Y'all still wanna put the blame on the democrats?
are every one of you loony left wingers going to bring this up without mentioning the numerous time democrats have done something similar? And why does Harry Reid get sole discression on what get to he discussed in the senate

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter must really be confused watching you do just the opposite of what you preach.
Did I mention this ideology also threatens to force us into submission by taking away our freedoms to make our own choices and decisions concerning our own lives?

Because I sure meant to.

There are some things even Christians believe are worth fighting for.

But as far you knowing the extent of my compassion for the poor or the example I've set for my daughter, you have no possible clue.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans passed an amendment or, clause in the Senate committee floor, preventing anyone but, the house majority leader. The rule previously stated everyone in the Senate could bring clause 22 ; 4 to the speaker in attempts to reopen the gov't. Y'all still wanna put the blame on the democrats?
Maybe a source would clarify that statement.

A credible one preferably.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

What we do early in life kind of pays off later...
"63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor"
Dave Ramsey

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Ken Fisher, the creator of Fisher House who came to the rescue of the families of the fallen soldiers, told O'Reilly that the government hasn't shown any sense of urgency about this whatsoever. They've had no contact with anyone in the Obama administration after sending out the checks to the families from private donors last week.

Liberals have to fault this president with this unfathomable fiasco just to call themselves Americans.

And please spare me the whining about him needing special permission because of some wording and legalize...blah, blah, blah. He could have signed an Executive Order within minutes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not what I was saying. Is it your contention that one man has enough power to shut down the government and cause a default but not have the power to cause failures at Fannie and Freddie?
is it your contention that what one man says can cause the failures at F&F?

because that's all you've got on Barney. what he said. and i think we have more than that on Ted. would you like the quotes that match his actual actions?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
are every one of you loony left wingers going to bring this up without mentioning the numerous time democrats have done something similar? And why does Harry Reid get sole discression on what get to he discussed in the senate
Well maybe &, I'm not a left or right, I'm just me! The " something similar" thing has far too much latitude. What has the democrats done similar to holding the country hostage for ransom? Harry Reid is the majority leader so, he's entitled to that power but, he's not holding the country hostage!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

"(DAILY KOS)-- My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any [expletive]penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
is it your contention that what one man says can cause the failures at F&F?
because that's all you've got on Barney. what he said. and i think we have more than that on Ted. would you like the quotes that match his actual actions?
you must be a politician cause you never answer a question.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a source would clarify that statement.
A credible one preferably.
How about " the horses mouth? I watched the whole video so you can't deny this one. Why are the republicans holding the country hostage?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

46 million American receiving food stamps...

which leads us to

...Path Dependency...

"...If you set the width of the railroad tracks at a specific gauge, it too will remain that way seemingly forever. Economists call this “path dependency.”

http://www.nas.org/articles/how_academe_turne...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

A sizable contingent of more moderate Republicans have watched with alarm as their party has been commandeered by tea party members and right-wing activists trying to kill Obamacare at all costs.

The absurdity struck home for Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) Tuesday as the prominent conservative organizations Heritage Action, Red State and FreedomWorks all came out against a last-second GOP leadership plan to avert a crisis that Democrats had warned was too far to the right.

"This party is going nuts," King told HuffPost. "So many people I run into who are normal people -- and I hate to use that term -- they just can't understand what's going on."

"On this one they can't even see both sides," King said. "They just think Republicans are crazy. That's it. They see no justification for any of this."

He added that the compromise House leaders were pushing actually did little to affect Obamacare, except to force the federal government to stop contributing its share to congressional staffers' health insurance.

"Even if this bill passed tonight, what would it have done?" King said. "After shutting down the government for two and a half weeks, laying off 800,000 people, all the damage we caused, all we would end up doing was taking away health insurance from congressional employees. That's it? That's what you go to war for? That's what we shut down the United States government for?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/pete...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Eric 68,403
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 174,961
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min ritedownthemiddle 45,847
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 48 min andet1987 474
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,052
Amy 7-28 6 hr Sublime1 16
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr Terry rigsby 48,944
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Mister Tonka 97,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••