Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395927 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1005248 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't keep up with these things, the signature of the mother is obviously computer generated. How about you look at the signature of the mother, and you tell us how a human hand can have the normal change in thickness and contrast of the script as the force on the pen point changes as the angle of the pen changes in the human hand while writing for the first half of the signature, and what is obviously a constant thickness and contrast computer generated script for the last half of the signature.
You never explained, for one example, how a computer generated signature got on a supposed "birth certificate" generated in 1961.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the computer from 1961.
Oh God, here we go!!

The crazy person from TX is in full flameout!!

In 5 years, nobody has been able to prove it false.

That doesn't stop a n idiot like you from beating the same stupid drum for five years.

You lost.

Get over it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1005249 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ever hear of e Weimar Republic?
Know what came after it?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1005250 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, sure it will.
August 17, 2012 4:00 AM
Spending $716 Billion, Twice
Time for an honest debate on Medicare.
By Grace-Marie Turner
The issue of $716 billion in spending cuts to Medicare has taken center stage, with accusations flying about who is raiding Medicare and pushing Granny off the cliff.
So here are the facts:
In 1997, the Republican Congress passed, and President Bill Clinton signed, the Balanced Budget Act (BBA), which gradually reduced payments to Medicare providers as part of a plan to reduce overall federal spending. The key to the policy is the Sustainable Growth Rate, which requires the government to adjust payments for physician services each year so that growth in Medicare spending does not exceed the growth of GDP.
But Medicare’s fee-for-service model works at cross-purposes with this policy, and incentivizes doctors to bill for more and more services, driving up Medicare spending to higher levels year after year. Further, each time the payment cuts are about to be triggered, doctors swarm Capitol Hill to get Congress to postpone them. At first, the payment cuts would have been just 1 or 2 percent if doctors hadn’t succeeded in killing them. But over time they have accumulated, and now doctors would be paid 27 percent less for treating Medicare patients if the originally intended cuts had gone into effect. And the cuts would continue in perpetuity.
Doctors say these payment reductions would cripple their practices and make it difficult for them to see Medicare patients, especially since Medicare already pays doctors less than private plans.
The American Medical Association wants a permanent “doc fix” that would end the threat of these cuts, and the fix was the main demand the AMA made when it was at the negotiating table over Obamacare. The White House promised the fix, but reneged at the last minute. The doc fix was yanked from the bill, largely because of its $208 billion price tag. Astonishingly, and much to the dismay of doctors across the country, the AMA endorsed Obamacare anyway, giving the bill an important push over the finish line.
Last month, following the Supreme Court’s disastrous decision about Obamacare, the Congressional Budget Office recalculated the ten-year cost of the health-overhaul law to determine what the court’s decision would mean to the overall cost of the law. The CBO concluded that the cuts to Medicare now total $716 billion over 10 years — chiefly because the ten-year window is moved three years into the future and, as health costs grow every year, so does Medicare spending.(The law contains other Medicare payment reductions as well.)
The president’s plan to “save” Medicare relies primarily on paying doctors and hospitals less and less by keeping in place the 1997 trajectory for spending cuts. According to Medicare actuaries, this would mean that 40 percent of providers eventually will either go bankrupt or stop seeing Medicare patients altogether.
"According to Medicare actuaries, this would mean that 40 percent of providers eventually will either go bankrupt or stop seeing Medicare patients altogether."

This would be consistent with anyone's plan to take over the entire health care industry.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005251 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband's company recently cut back on everyone's overtime too.
Now I'm waiting for the letter to say I'm no longer covered under his insurance.
Who's singing 'Happy Days Are Here Again' in the background?
Nevermind. It's sonic and Lily.
If it were not for Democrats your husband would likely not have insurance to begin with. Also if the Republicans would have spent as much time on his jobs bill as his health care our employment rate would be far better also.

Location hidden

#1005252 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Feds picking up that $150 a month?
Obama is sending the bill for the $150 a month directly to you.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005253 Oct 16, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the ghost of Niccolo Machiavelli inside your TV??
Did you talk to him today??
You have a real talent for saying truly stupid things.
It's folks like you that give the Tealiban a bad name, proof being their complete rejection by the American Public.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me a response to the post.

You're running away again. Here's the post again for your convenient reference:

Benghazi was the central operations point for Obama to ship arms to Al Qaeda in Syria.
Stevens didn't have security because his repeated requests for additional security had been repeatedly denied by Hillary.

Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005254 Oct 16, 2013
Why people need to be a Democrat...

"The verdict on the United States:“weak in literacy, very poor in numeracy, but only slightly below average in problem-solving in technology-rich environments.”

"On literacy, just 12 percent of U.S. adults score at the top two levels, significantly lower than the 22 percent in largely monoethnic and culturally cohesive Japan and Finland. American average scores are below those in our Anglosphere cousins Australia, Canada, England, and Northern Ireland."

"One-sixth of Americans score at the bottom two levels, compared with 5 percent in Japan and Finland.

On numeracy the United States does even worse — only 8 percent at the top levels and one-third in the lowest."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/361210/...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005255 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Feds picking up that $150 a month?
You have to be the most pessimistic creep on earth. I'm betting that you have to be either drunk or drugged up in order to even laugh out loud.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1005256 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, sure it will.
August 17, 2012 4:00 AM
Spending $716 Billion, Twice
Time for an honest debate on Medicare.
By Grace-Marie Turner
The issue of $716 billion in spending cuts to Medicare has taken center stage, with accusations flying about who is raiding Medicare and pushing Granny off the cliff.
So here are the facts:
In 1997, the Republican Congress passed, and President Bill Clinton signed, the Balanced Budget Act (BBA), which gradually reduced payments to Medicare providers as part of a plan to reduce overall federal spending. The key to the policy is the Sustainable Growth Rate, which requires the government to adjust payments for physician services each year so that growth in Medicare spending does not exceed the growth of GDP.
But Medicare’s fee-for-service model works at cross-purposes with this policy, and incentivizes doctors to bill for more and more services, driving up Medicare spending to higher levels year after year. Further, each time the payment cuts are about to be triggered, doctors swarm Capitol Hill to get Congress to postpone them. At first, the payment cuts would have been just 1 or 2 percent if doctors hadn’t succeeded in killing them. But over time they have accumulated, and now doctors would be paid 27 percent less for treating Medicare patients if the originally intended cuts had gone into effect. And the cuts would continue in perpetuity.
Doctors say these payment reductions would cripple their practices and make it difficult for them to see Medicare patients, especially since Medicare already pays doctors less than private plans.
The American Medical Association wants a permanent “doc fix” that would end the threat of these cuts, and the fix was the main demand the AMA made when it was at the negotiating table over Obamacare. The White House promised the fix, but reneged at the last minute. The doc fix was yanked from the bill, largely because of its $208 billion price tag. Astonishingly, and much to the dismay of doctors across the country, the AMA endorsed Obamacare anyway, giving the bill an important push over the finish line.
Last month, following the Supreme Court’s disastrous decision about Obamacare, the Congressional Budget Office recalculated the ten-year cost of the health-overhaul law to determine what the court’s decision would mean to the overall cost of the law. The CBO concluded that the cuts to Medicare now total $716 billion over 10 years — chiefly because the ten-year window is moved three years into the future and, as health costs grow every year, so does Medicare spending.(The law contains other Medicare payment reductions as well.)
The president’s plan to “save” Medicare relies primarily on paying doctors and hospitals less and less by keeping in place the 1997 trajectory for spending cuts. According to Medicare actuaries, this would mean that 40 percent of providers eventually will either go bankrupt or stop seeing Medicare patients altogether.
The ACA does not reduce medicare payments to doctors.

The ACA dors reduce payments to hospitals in trade for the 30 million new insured customers.

The doc fox problem needs to be addressed as a separate issue & has nothing to do with the ACA. It has nothing to do with the ACA estimates on medicare savings.

Location hidden

#1005257 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative candidates will be far stronger when freed of the radical anti-abortionists...
Without evangelicals, there will be no Conservstive movement.

You really don't understand what's driven th eRepugnant conservatives since Reagan, do you??

The religious right IS the conservative movement.

Without them, there are about a dozen of you nitwits.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005258 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the woman is paying $700 per month instead of $850...with no mention of the coverage difference...
The story is interesting yet incomplete__she's pleased__case closed.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1005259 Oct 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
Notice how the Democrats Clinton & Obama were both lower that Reagan, Bush Sr & Bush Jr
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/fed_spend...

... you were saying?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005260 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
On net, CBO and JCT’s latest comprehensive estimate is that the effects of the two laws on direct spending and revenues related to health care will reduce federal deficits by $210 billion over the 2012–2021 period (see Table 1).
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
and so....
CBO: Repealing Obama healthcare law will increase budget deficit
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/healthc...
Do you buy insurance for your 10 buck an hour wire pullers?

Or, are they stuck in the exchanges?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005261 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>On that note what ever happened to Pat's sister Bay Buchanan?
That's probably who Lois Lame resembles in RL.
Nope. Look nothing like her. Picture a cute and intelligent-looking 62-year-old pixie.

That'd be me. You'd probably flirt with me.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005262 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope it's just temporary. This may be the silver lining we hoped for in 2012. If things get bad enough, Obamacare could be the silver lining that ends this nonsense once and for all.
Just in time for the 2014 elections. If things don't get better after that and Obama still acts like the proud parent of this ugly baby, it could be all over in 2016.
I'm holding on to that silver lining for dear life.
But if we truly have become the Dumb and Dumber US of A - if Obamacare is a disaster and Democrats still win in the next two elections - I'm done. Literally. I'm out.
Lois wants ugly babies to die
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005263 Oct 16, 2013
T....daaaaa!

It's racism!

Robert Redford!

"Redford:‘Racism involved’ in the ‘paralyzed environment’ Obama faces"

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/16/redford-rac...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1005264 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the election issue in 2014 will be the ObamaKKKare disaster, not the long-forgotten budget fight....
By then it should be in full swing and at the rate it's approval is climbing well into the 60% approval range. It's looking like a winner for the Dems/American people.

Location hidden

#1005265 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.
Show me the subsidy to oil companies.
Show me how insurance equates to availability of health care.
Show me the criteria "the secretary will determine..." everything with.
Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the American Ambassador to Libya?
"You can lead a horse's ass to water, but you can't make him drink."

It's all been shown. But someone like you, with rocks in his head, stick to your lies and bullshit regardless.

Ask Ted CommieCruz if there was a Gov't shutdown. LOL

""Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Wednesday that he will not block a deal in the Senate to end the shutdown and avert default.""

Bears repeating:

""to end the shutdown""

----------

Go back to the TV. Maybe the ghost of Niccolo Machiavelli will give you new talking points.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1005266 Oct 16, 2013
Praise Jesus!

First person enrolls in Delaware!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Delaware-h...

Location hidden

#1005267 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Know what came after it?
Typical stupid question from an uneducated truck driver. DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min An NFL Fan 60,136
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min JRB 216,905
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min TRD 70,730
abby6-29-16 1 hr Trust Jesus 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,906
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr Stoopid Voters 14
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 2 hr Stoopid Voters 27
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 102,527

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages