Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1004699 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"hold the country hostage" is a lie. Get that through you head, then we can talk.
"Most respondents — 71%— said they had not been inconvenienced by the government shutdown"
" "Based on estimates drawn from CBO and OMB data, 83 percent of government operations will continue"
stupid sheep.
Hell that's nothing. 86% of Americans thought Saddam had WMDs right before Bush went in. How'd that work out for America?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004700 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
The insurance exchanges are sit up following the Pelosi model. You have to sign up for your plan before you find out what's in it.
...and the target market is just stupid enough to do that...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1004701 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your lies.
A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.
Here's the steps one by one from the "Health Insurance Marketplace":
(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
(4) Choose a plan that meets your needs and enroll!
https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/indivi...
apply before you can see the plans. Sounds like the Pelosi model to me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004702 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Debt Talks in Disarray as House Balks
“It’s very, very serious,” warned Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona.“Republicans have to understand we have lost this battle, as I predicted weeks ago, that we would not be able to win because we were demanding something that was not achievable.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/16/us/politics...
...and McCain is an expert about being a loser...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004703 Oct 15, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Hell that's nothing. 86% of Americans thought Saddam had WMDs right before Bush went in. How'd that work out for America?
you guys are idiots. You can't compare the 2.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1004704 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
go look at it. i know you haven't because there's much you could've actually used in your right wing sort of way.
http://www.pewresearch.org/2013/09/03/obama-s...
the poll associated with the article was done in 2013.
You are right I didn't click on the link and based my comment on the phrase "based on a poll done a year ago" in your article.

I knew the figures had been sliding and as I stated these are before more recent developments.

The most disturbing is the middle East figures. We have loss the moderates there and the radicals will never support us.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004705 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with your lies.
A person must register with the exchange before they can pick a plan but they don't sign up for a plan until they familiarize themselves with the plan details.
Here's the steps one by one from the "Health Insurance Marketplace":
(1) create an account
(2) Apply. enter information about you and your family, including your income, household size, any insurance you currently have and more.)
(3)Next you’ll see all the plans and programs you’re eligible for and compare them side-by-side. You’ll also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs.
(4) Choose a plan that meets your needs and enroll!
https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/indivi...
to begin with, no need to create an account with the exchange unless you are eligible for a taxpayer subsidy....

where in your procedure do you learn about the provider network???..or don't you care???....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1004706 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>How about " the horses mouth? I watched the whole video so you can't deny this one. Why are the republicans holding the country hostage?
If you don't know how to copy and paste a source or the link to the video, it's okay. But just don't expect me to take your word for something of which I didn't even understand the point or the context.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004707 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I have insurance but you can give it a try.
you don't have insurance, just membership in a third rate clinic...

lots of medical treatment, all crummy...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004708 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for John Boehner. He's learning you can't reason with crazy people.
we finally agree on something

"House Speaker John Boehner told fellow Republicans today that President Barack Obama rejected his latest fiscal offer, said Representative Raul Labrador, an Idaho Republican"

"Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) rejected the emerging House plan in a Senate floor speech about 90 minutes after reports first emerged about the new proposal being floated by Speaker John A. Boehner's leadership team"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004709 Oct 15, 2013
The train wreck continues

"Illegal Alien Heads Obamacare Navigator Program in NYC"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1004710 Oct 15, 2013
killtaker wrote:
FWIW...
This is carol....
"...He who said that all Conservatives are stupid did not know them. Stupid Conservatives there may be,—and there certainly are very stupid Radicals. The well-educated, widely-read Conservative, who is well assured that all good things are gradually being brought to an end by the voice of the people, is generally the pleasantest man to be met."
Anthony Trollope
Pretty sure people who know me would say I'm generally a pleasant woman to meet.

But I can also use my words like fists when it comes to fighting an ideology that threatens to take away my freedom.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#1004711 Oct 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>OMG OMG those Bastards. Setting up a jobs program. Helping a town regain its income!!! Oh Nooooooooooooo
Capitalism = income
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1004712 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right I didn't click on the link and based my comment on the phrase "based on a poll done a year ago" in your article.
I knew the figures had been sliding and as I stated these are before more recent developments.
The most disturbing is the middle East figures. We have loss the moderates there and the radicals will never support us.
though i wonder what the numbers looked like for Bush in the mid-east. probably not much worse.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1004713 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so posts from Kos are now considered credible....
House Republican rush to offer own plan to end their shutdown
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/15/1247...
but i can assure you stories about right wing 'friends' are not.
Does anecdotal commentary coming from a variety of sources count?

It seems to be coming a prevalent complaint that premiums and/or deductibles have been increased at alarming rates including from family and friends who recently received their new premium rates.

This is not a surprise and was predicted to be the result of expanding health coverage.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004714 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anecdotal commentary coming from a variety of sources count?
It seems to be coming a prevalent complaint that premiums and/or deductibles have been increased at alarming rates including from family and friends who recently received their new premium rates.
This is not a surprise and was predicted to be the result of expanding health coverage.
covering adult slacker children and chronically ill people is expensive, so deductibles and copays are rising to keep premiums within reason...

just one person with a pre-existing condition can rack up bills larger than hundreds of healthy people...
Oblamapuke

Denver, CO

#1004716 Oct 15, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Is it only non-Repubs that find it hypocritical of Cruz being at a government shutdown protest rally? After all he is the one that caused the shutdown.
imbecilic liar.
Oblamapuke

Denver, CO

#1004717 Oct 15, 2013
Grampy wrote:
I'm counting on Speaker Boehner and the House Republicans doing the right thing, voting no on the Senate deal and calling Obama and Reid's bluff!!!
Then we'll see Obama and Reid pissing themselves as Thursday gets closer!
tell them both to eat sh*t and die.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1004718 Oct 15, 2013
Barack Obama vows to protect himself and Congress from Obamacare. You? Well, as far as you and your family -go to hell.
Oblamapuke

Denver, CO

#1004719 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this. There were many issues about Obama that the Republicans considered too delicate, such as Obama being just a figurehead and not having anything to do with government, Obama joining Al Qaeda, Obama sabotaging the Armed Forces and the war in Afghanistan, Obama being a complete fraud and everything being promoted about Obama being a lie, and Obama being a pathological liar, and Obama being indoctrinated his entire life with Marxist communism, and on, and on, and on.
It's a difficult thing for an American to do, to announce to the world that Americans are so stupid and incompetent, they actually elected such an anti-American treasonous fraud to begin with, and we actually know we sent this fraud out into the world to represent us.
On the plus side he usually gets punked by his betters, like Putin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,922
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Rogue Scholar 05 182,216
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min L Morales 71,296
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 58 min L Morales 8
Fight at Navy Pier 58 min ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,925
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance