Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1004637 Oct 15, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably driving around picking up scrap metal. That happens here, and the thieves steal copper piping nd wiring from abandoned or foreclosed homes. The steal everything, a/c units, etc
if you guys could read you would have seen flack mention his friend does it on pickup days. People already put the recyclables in nice little containers for him.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004638 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans passed an amendment or, clause in the Senate committee floor, preventing anyone but, the house majority leader. The rule previously stated everyone in the Senate could bring clause 22 ; 4 to the speaker in attempts to reopen the gov't. Y'all still wanna put the blame on the democrats?
are every one of you loony left wingers going to bring this up without mentioning the numerous time democrats have done something similar? And why does Harry Reid get sole discression on what get to he discussed in the senate

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1004639 Oct 15, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Your daughter must really be confused watching you do just the opposite of what you preach.
Did I mention this ideology also threatens to force us into submission by taking away our freedoms to make our own choices and decisions concerning our own lives?

Because I sure meant to.

There are some things even Christians believe are worth fighting for.

But as far you knowing the extent of my compassion for the poor or the example I've set for my daughter, you have no possible clue.

Orlando, FL

#1004640 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans passed an amendment or, clause in the Senate committee floor, preventing anyone but, the house majority leader. The rule previously stated everyone in the Senate could bring clause 22 ; 4 to the speaker in attempts to reopen the gov't. Y'all still wanna put the blame on the democrats?
Maybe a source would clarify that statement.

A credible one preferably.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1004641 Oct 15, 2013
What we do early in life kind of pays off later...
"63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor"
Dave Ramsey

Orlando, FL

#1004642 Oct 15, 2013
Ken Fisher, the creator of Fisher House who came to the rescue of the families of the fallen soldiers, told O'Reilly that the government hasn't shown any sense of urgency about this whatsoever. They've had no contact with anyone in the Obama administration after sending out the checks to the families from private donors last week.

Liberals have to fault this president with this unfathomable fiasco just to call themselves Americans.

And please spare me the whining about him needing special permission because of some wording and legalize...blah, blah, blah. He could have signed an Executive Order within minutes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1004643 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not what I was saying. Is it your contention that one man has enough power to shut down the government and cause a default but not have the power to cause failures at Fannie and Freddie?
is it your contention that what one man says can cause the failures at F&F?

because that's all you've got on Barney. what he said. and i think we have more than that on Ted. would you like the quotes that match his actual actions?
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004644 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
are every one of you loony left wingers going to bring this up without mentioning the numerous time democrats have done something similar? And why does Harry Reid get sole discression on what get to he discussed in the senate
Well maybe &, I'm not a left or right, I'm just me! The " something similar" thing has far too much latitude. What has the democrats done similar to holding the country hostage for ransom? Harry Reid is the majority leader so, he's entitled to that power but, he's not holding the country hostage!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004646 Oct 15, 2013
"(DAILY KOS)-- My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any [expletive]penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004647 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because that's all you've got on Barney. what he said. and i think we have more than that on Ted. would you like the quotes that match his actual actions?
you must be a politician cause you never answer a question.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004648 Oct 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe a source would clarify that statement.
A credible one preferably.
How about " the horses mouth? I watched the whole video so you can't deny this one. Why are the republicans holding the country hostage?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1004649 Oct 15, 2013
46 million American receiving food stamps...

which leads us to

...Path Dependency...

"...If you set the width of the railroad tracks at a specific gauge, it too will remain that way seemingly forever. Economists call this “path dependency.”

http://www.nas.org/articles/how_academe_turne...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1004650 Oct 15, 2013
A sizable contingent of more moderate Republicans have watched with alarm as their party has been commandeered by tea party members and right-wing activists trying to kill Obamacare at all costs.

The absurdity struck home for Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) Tuesday as the prominent conservative organizations Heritage Action, Red State and FreedomWorks all came out against a last-second GOP leadership plan to avert a crisis that Democrats had warned was too far to the right.

"This party is going nuts," King told HuffPost. "So many people I run into who are normal people -- and I hate to use that term -- they just can't understand what's going on."

"On this one they can't even see both sides," King said. "They just think Republicans are crazy. That's it. They see no justification for any of this."

He added that the compromise House leaders were pushing actually did little to affect Obamacare, except to force the federal government to stop contributing its share to congressional staffers' health insurance.

"Even if this bill passed tonight, what would it have done?" King said. "After shutting down the government for two and a half weeks, laying off 800,000 people, all the damage we caused, all we would end up doing was taking away health insurance from congressional employees. That's it? That's what you go to war for? That's what we shut down the United States government for?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/pete...
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#1004651 Oct 15, 2013
killtaker wrote:
"63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor"
Dave Ramsey
Not all learn from reading. Some people learn from seeing someone else do it first. Some people learn from hearing someone else read it first. And some people learn from doing things from a hands on approach so what's your point?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1004652 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you must be a politician cause you never answer a question.
i have no comment concerning that assertion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004653 Oct 15, 2013
killtaker wrote:
Dave Ramsey
Wealth correlates with intelligence and education...and many wealthy parents teach their children to read before starting school...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1004654 Oct 15, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Emammy's had a bad day, we have to cut him some slack.

His lies have caught up with him, and he doesn't like it one bit!!

He can't help it. He's been kicked from pillar to post all his miserable life.

I lit him up like a vat full of gasoline today. He'll have scars from it.

Did you notice he yells at his fav quarterback on TV?? Then tries to justify it as normal behavior. LOL

No further proof is needed concerning how crazy these right wingnuts are. Him and Dweeb. Loony birds of a feather.

Now that I have him gnawing the bone, my work here is done for tonight!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004655 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe &, I'm not a left or right, I'm just me! The " something similar" thing has far too much latitude. What has the democrats done similar to holding the country hostage for ransom? Harry Reid is the majority leader so, he's entitled to that power but, he's not holding the country hostage!
DemoKKKrats keep black people mired in poverty to assure their votes....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1004656 Oct 15, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well maybe &, I'm not a left or right, I'm just me! The " something similar" thing has far too much latitude. What has the democrats done similar to holding the country hostage for ransom? Harry Reid is the majority leader so, he's entitled to that power but, he's not holding the country hostage!
they gave the majority leader in the house the same power. And your hostage comparison is as partisan as it gets. That's political rhetoric. The senate is just as guilty as the house.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004657 Oct 15, 2013
Eman wrote:
"(DAILY KOS)-- My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don’t go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.
Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife’s rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.
I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any [expletive]penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"
but in return for higher premiums you get to feel good by subsidizing other people's slacker children and the chronically ill...doesn't that make you feel better?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min wojar 181,707
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 7 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info