Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549634 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1005320 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman had to wipe her computer of all cookies, etc, in order to sign up.
See how pleased she is after she tries to use her insurance.
It was a state exchange__she's pleased__case closed.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1005321 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....
Pooh, we already have PBS and NPR financed by us.

Nothing irritates tax payers more than this rewarding individuals for being campaign supporters.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1005322 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to begin with, no need to create an account with the exchange unless you are eligible for a taxpayer subsidy....
where in your procedure do you learn about the provider network???..or don't you care???....
First of all, it's not "my procedure". It is the procedure set out on the healthcare.gov web site. If the plan does not set out their network on the exchange, all anyone has to do is make a phone call or go online for a list. Do you really need someone to guide you by the hand?

For example, here is the webpage for Aetna's network of doctors and hospitals:

http://www.aetna.com/dse/search...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005323 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes they do Carol! My dad's girlfriend's children are all religious nuts. Biggest bunch of backstabbers you'd ever find. My take on religious people is they are a bunch of hypocrites. Why I left the church and never looked back.
It's comments like this that restore my faith in humanity

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1005324 Oct 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm trying to have pity for you, but it's not easy
Save your pity for Obama, Reid and Pelosi. They're going to need it more than anyone else about this time next year when everyone's throwing rotten tomatoes at them and their ugly baby.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1005325 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have insurance, just membership in a third rate clinic...
lots of medical treatment, all crummy...
Listening to those voices in your head again?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005326 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I hope that loud mouth bastard gets a stroke.
Surprised he hasn't already; all that bloviating everyday is hard on a junkie.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1005327 Oct 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
DemoKKKrats will soon push government subsidies to rescue the failing dead tree media....
Student loans will be next. Up 63% last three years. How they going to pay them loans back and pay for the insurance?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1005328 Oct 16, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! When Barak Obama was of military age we weren't involved in any major conflicts. Mitt Romney on the other hand was pro draft and pro war during the Vietnam conflict but bugged out to France rather than serving himself. George W used his daddy's pull to get into the Texas ANG and a safe state side assignment and Dick Cheney got five deferments.
You're an idiot!
"pdumb"
President Bush at least served, so did his father. Did not former president Clinton bug off to England to dodge the draft? Maybe you are the stoopid one.
Peace
KMA
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005329 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes they do Carol! My dad's girlfriend's children are all religious nuts. Biggest bunch of backstabbers you'd ever find. My take on religious people is they are a bunch of hypocrites. Why I left the church and never looked back.
Your dad has a girlfriend? Good for him!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1005330 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
If Obama fired Sebelius now, would this come across primarily as a sign of strong leadership or as an admission that things are terrible?
It would depend on which side of the aisle you are on I believe.

Orlando, FL

#1005331 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
His comments are based on the lack of their appearance at the polls.
How do you explain this?
I wish Romney hadn't been a Mormon too. But most Christians voted for him anyway.

Romney lost for numerous and various reasons. He simply didn't want it bad enough because it was his for the taking.

The nanny state supporters were also rounded up and driven to the polls in droves.

You can't blame Christians because Romney dropped the ball in two separate debates and Democrats had the unions and ACORN picking up everyone on welfare driving them to the polls.

Pretty sure there were non-Christian conservatives who also didn't make it to the polls in 2012 for whatever reason.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005332 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Your dad has a girlfriend? Good for him!
Now lily you are aware that this is W. Va, so it could be his sister.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005333 Oct 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
If Obama fired Sebelius now, would this come across primarily as a sign of strong leadership or as an admission that things are terrible?
both....but only if a firing, not a resignation...

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1005334 Oct 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
we finally agree on something
"House Speaker John Boehner told fellow Republicans today that President Barack Obama rejected his latest fiscal offer, said Representative Raul Labrador, an Idaho Republican"
"Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) rejected the emerging House plan in a Senate floor speech about 90 minutes after reports first emerged about the new proposal being floated by Speaker John A. Boehner's leadership team"
You know as well as I do that we are speaking of Tea Party crazies like Ted Cruz. As I have said before, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. That is exactly what the Republicans have been doing.

Defunding Obamacare was NEVER going to happen. Any "emerging" plan out of the House which defunded Obamacare was NEVER going to be given any consideration. The president and democrats made that perfectly clear and the plan to shut down the government as part of House strategy was pure insanity.

The Republicans are going to be the big losers in this fight in more ways than one.
MY MAN TED

Smithfield, NC

#1005335 Oct 16, 2013
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/XRe

Senator Cruz on Senate Agreement
Oct 16, 2013
Follow Similar Programs

U.S. Senate
Follow Sponsors
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) made remarks to reporters about an agreement announced by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) that would re-open the government, and raise the debt ceiling.

WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE THIS IN DC
VOTE OUT THE TRASH 2014!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1005336 Oct 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt, as much as I like you, that's about the dumbest post I've ever read from you.
Maybe you should have driven through a few church parking lots in November 2012 and looked at the bumper stickers.
You would've been hard-pressed to find any that didn't have Romney/Ryan somewhere on the back of the car.
Your perspective about Christians is skewered beyond anything recognizably rational, my conservative friend.
So knock it off.
instead of bumper stickers, the churches should be bussing people to the polls....or have absentee ballot parties....
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1005337 Oct 16, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
President Bush at least served, so did his father. Did not former president Clinton bug off to England to dodge the draft? Maybe you are the stoopid one.
Peace
KMA
Hey simpleton, Clinton didn't lie us into a war that got millions killed and a couple trillion dollars lost, Besides Bush is a deserter. PERIOD.

Orlando, FL

#1005338 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh my word, you are such a liar. Now you blame all those 1000 pieces of anti womens rights on black churches? Are you drunk? or maybe it is LSD.
This evangelical thing just doesn't exist?
How can you stand to even type such lies? You; who continually tries to post photos of dead fetuses!!!
Good Lily. I knew I could count on you to catch that.

Meant to say they don't exist to the extent as some apparently think they do in their minds.

Count how many churches you drive by this week that have the word "evangelical" anywhere on a sign or building.

Most Protestant churches are a place of worship.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now I'm supposed to be off the clock. So later.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1005339 Oct 16, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Student loans will be next. Up 63% last three years. How they going to pay them loans back and pay for the insurance?
They can be on their parents policies until age 26

and it's "those" not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 23 min They cannot kill ... 2,552
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Joe Balls 241,681
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 2 hr NOT McVeigh alone 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr RACE 10,856
Spanx-they're for me. 10 hr Spanx ME 2
Black Humor. NO not that black. 10 hr GenePoolDead 5
America should let all immigrants in, why not? 10 hr Rooster panties 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages