Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383733 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1004860 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't address question that the addressee can't answer.
so get off your lazy ass and do some real research.
and if it's a hoax then 3 out of 4 Americans didn't get the tea party memo.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004861 Oct 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a simple" yes" or " no " question. Was Bush involved in the 9/11 airplane hijacking plot? After all, it was his business partner who ordered the attacks!
No.

Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US ambassador to Libya?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004862 Oct 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Never negotiate with terrorists.
And, how on earth would you or Charlie Rose know what plans Obama has. Only a moron would think Obama would show his hand. Didn't you see the way he played off your teabagger friends?
Obama's a lot smarter than you, Charlie Rose and the tea party idiots.
The Democrats' plan is easy to deduce when you compare something like ObamaKare to Machiavelli's "The Prince" and Karl Marx's "Das Kapital".
That's how you know what the Democrats' plan is.

Obama's plan is the same as it has been his entire life. To continue doing what he's ordered to do so he can continue to ride in the gold seat on the government gravy train.

Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya?
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004863 Oct 16, 2013
VOTE THIS TRASH OUT DEM 2014 AND 2016!
THERE IS NO DEM PARTY?THEY HAVE BECOME http://www.cpusa.org/

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
October 15, 2013

According to the U.S. Senate, the individual right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment is debatable.
US Senate Says Right to Keep & Bear Arms is Debatable 151013gun

Image: Gun Show.

A Senate.gov guide to the Constitution contains an “explanation” next to every section and amendment of America’s founding document.

The Second Amendment guarantees,“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

However, according to the Senate website,“Whether this provision protects the individual’s right to own firearms or whether it deals only with the collective right of the people to arm and maintain a militia has long been debated.”

The “explanation” makes no mention of a 2008 Supreme Court ruling (District of Columbia v. Heller), which affirmed that the Second Amendment protects the individual right to own guns.

A separate Supreme Court ruling in 2010 confirmed that the Second Amendment right for an individual to keep and bear arms applied to both state and local gun control laws.

The Senate website reads like a signing statement for the entire Constitution. Every single section and right is ‘explained’ and in some cases re-interpreted.

US Senate Says Right to Keep & Bear Arms is Debatable 151013sen
Screenshot from the Senate.gov website.

As Ali Papademetriou highlights, schools are also erroneously using the Senate’s interpretation of the Second Amendment to suggest that the right for Americans to own firearms is restricted to state militias.

American History students at Denton Guyer High School in Texas are being taught that,“The people have a right to keep and bear arms in a state militia,” under the Second Amendment, implying that there is no individual right to own guns.

The First Amendment is also summarized as meaning only that,“Congress may not favor one religion over another.”

Many Americans would be concerned to realize that the very body concerned with upholding and protecting their rights under the mandate of the Constitution – the U.S. Senate – refuses to fully acknowledge the fundamental right to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004864 Oct 16, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"wont
wônt,w&#333;nt/
adjective
literary
adjective: wont
(of a person) in the habit of doing something; accustomed.
"he was wont to arise at 5:30 every morning"
synonyms: accustomed, used, given, inclined More
"he was wont to arise at 5:30"
noun
formalhumorous
noun: wont
one's customary behavior in a particular situation.
"Constance, as was her wont, had paid her little attention"
synonyms: custom, habit, way, practice, convention, rule More
"Paul drove fast, as was his wont"
verb
archaic
verb: wont;&#8195;3rd person present: wonts;&#8195;3rd person present: wont;&#8195;past tense: wont;&#8195;past participle: wont;&#8195;past tense: wonted;&#8195;past participle: wonted;&#8195;gerund or present participle: wonting
make or be or become accustomed.
"wont thy heart to thoughts hereof."
Wow, they surely didn't teach you much, Kvetch, in that Jesuit college where you obtained your Masters...tell us another one; the lying losers on here are Sofa King stupid.
You illiterate idiot.. Can't even cut-n-paste you dumbass..

It's the culture...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1004865 Oct 16, 2013
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV wrote:
What's the connection between
gun control... a recent executive order...
and the coming food crisis?
Fellow patriot,
There's a reason why the US government is so eager to disarm the American people.
It's got little to do with crime rates or mass murders... but everything to do with the very reason the 2nd Amendment was created for: to protect the people from a tyrannical government.
Because when a major disaster hits the USA, a recent executive order allows FEMA to confiscate your food stockpile... and just like in the old USSR, to give it to the government-dependent masses.
That's right: if you invested $30,000 or more in a survival stockpile, or you've been day-dreaming about having enough food to last you a decade... then you've got to watch this urgent video.
Hi, my name is Alec Deacon, and in this short and controversial presentation, that will not be up for long, I'm going to expose how a devastating "once in 60 years" event... along with corporate greed and corruption... are setting the stage for a social and economic "time bomb" that will detonate right in the middle of the US...
... I'll reveal how
... the impending collapse of the US food supply system
will steal the food from your kids' tables...
... leaving them hungry and helpless and forcing them to scavenge for scraps...
... and I'll explain what you must do today to ensure that you and your family not only survive... but actually rise to the top of a fallen society... when chaos rules and communities need someone to lead them.
But that's not all. If you stick until the end of this very short presentation...I'll give you a somewhat weird... but insanely effective way to build a 5 year... 10 year... even 20 year stockpile of super-nutritious food... that the government can't confiscate from you in a crisis. Best of all: this still secret method costs you up to 20 times LESS than you'd have to pay on "survival food"... literally just a few cents per meal.
Like I said... my name is Alec Deacon. You may know me from my website MyFamilySurvivalPlan.com , one of the fastest growing patriot sites. Or you may have seen my warnings on websites like WND.com , Infowars.com or SHTFplan.com .
I'm that guy who's "bitterly clinging to his guns and bibles", like liberals love to say. You bet I am.
Because I'm almost religious about my right to be independent... to bear arms... and to be able to feed myself and my family.
That's why I've made it my life's purpose to expose to true patriots the hidden dangers that threaten our rights... and our very existence.
In my latest research, I uncovered four shocking signs of an impending economic collapse that will cripple the food supply system... and can force your family to struggle for mere survival.
I call these signs...
"The Four Horsemen of the Food Apocalypse"
...because they bring with them a deadly social and economic crisis... with immediate effects on your ability to feed your family.
And if you don't act fast, if you don't act now, you're going to miss your chance forever... a chance to finally become self-sufficient and independent, a chance to make your family "recession-proof" and "disaster proof", while the unprepared "zombies" will be starving and killing each other over a loaf of rotten bread.
The first horseman is Hunger... and it came with the searing heat of last year.
The summer of 2012 brought massive drought, devastation and despair to farmers all over the globe...and we're just starting to feel the hard hitting effects. World granaries like Russia and Kazakhstan were scorched by hellish temperatures. Crops in Ukraine were pummeled, corn was reduced to desolating burnt stalks. And with a 15% drop in the Indian monsoon... a historical drought in Australia... and an appalling harvest in Mexico... no one was spared.
That's some real funny chit pal__ya got any more???
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004866 Oct 16, 2013
Sandy Hook: Grieving the unthinkable

Print |
ShareThis |
Email to a Friend

assets/Uploads/_resampled/Crop pedImage5555-cleanlogo13.png
by: Communist Party USA
December 14 2012

tags: guns, violence
ap sandy hook

The Communist Party USA offers its most heartfelt condolences to the parents and families of the victims of the horrendous crime and tragedy which took place today at Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Connecticut. To say that 20 young children were gunned down in their elementary school as were six adults - teachers, staff and principal - is so unspeakable and heinous it boggles the minds and hearts of our members as it does all Americans. We extend condolences to the entire community of Newtown and the state of Connecticut as all begin the terrible grieving process. Our members grieve with you and offer support today and the many hard days to come.

It should also be said that we recognize the incredible courage of teachers, staff, parents and the first responders, who held it together in order to usher the rest of the children to safety.

The ages of the overwhelming majority of the victims in this mass shooting make this crime particularly heartbreaking and tragic. Yet, too often our country has to grieve and question mass murder by a lone killer armed with guns and assault weapons - just this year in Oregon, Wisconsin and Colorado. Too often mass murder also occurs one by one, day by day on the streets of our cities and towns. President Barack Obama told the nation today, "As a country, we have been through this too many times. Whether it's an elementary school in Newtown, or a shopping mall in Oregon, or a temple in Wisconsin, or a movie theater in Aurora, or a street corner in Chicago - these neighborhoods are our neighborhoods, and these children are our children. And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

As the country grapples with the politics and aftermath of Sandy Hook, let us not forget that there are some who profit from the manufacturing and peddling of assault weapons, dealing in fear and offering constitutional and political cover for the unthinkable. We will continue to work for bringing the necessary coalitions together that - through common sense and a common stance - work for a culture, government and country where such tragedies and crimes are indeed unthinkable and unheard of.

Photo: As hundreds stand outside St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic Church, which was filled to capacity, a couple embrace during a healing service held in for victims of an elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn., Friday, Dec. 14, 2012.(AP/Charles Krupa)
NJ raider 1

Orange, NJ

#1004867 Oct 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Never negotiate with terrorists.
And, how on earth would you or Charlie Rose know what plans Obama has. Only a moron would think Obama would show his hand. Didn't you see the way he played off your teabagger friends?
Obama's a lot smarter than you, Charlie Rose and the tea party idiots.
It's like trying to have a normal conversation with a room full of grade school kids! When you post something logical, that make total sense, they post spam. Then turn around &, post this kind of stupid nonsense! I'm not to sure their children didn't steal their phones this morning. These can't be adults presenting such hypocrisy!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004868 Oct 16, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't aware of a conspiracy. If you want to start with conspiracies why not start with the first President that had under his watch non-military Americans killed by terrorist? Why was it Reagan started the al-Qaeda camps using the CIA and then within a few years had hundreds of Americans killed by them in Beirut?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
Reagan didn't start the Al Qaeda camps, moron. Al Qaeda started those camps. All Reagan did was furnish the military organizations already there fighting against the Soviets, one of very many of which was Al Qaeda, before Al Qaeda bombed the WTC, bombed two embassies, bombed a US Navy ship, and flew planes into the WTC and Pentagon.
After Al Qaeda bombed the WTC, bombed two embassies, bombed a US Navy ship, and started a war with the United States when they flew planes into the WTC and Pentagon, Obama started shipping weapons to Al Qaeda and training Al Qaeda terrorists on a US military base in Jordan.
Did you get that? Obama is training Al Qaeda terrorists today, as we speak, on a US military base in Jordan.

Wouldn't a logical conclusion from this fact be, Obama is part of the Al Qaeda terrorist network?

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004869 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real funny chit pal__ya got any more???
Simple minds are easily amused Realtime...

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004870 Oct 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>And Bill Clinton went AWAL--and O'bama never signed up. Why? because he was above the law? we were in the Iran crisis then, or did you forget about those nasty muzzies?
I'm betting you are another phony azzed draft dodger also...Most anyone that ever served would know that it's AWOL....IDIOT. Typical bagger.
NJ raider 1

Orange, NJ

#1004871 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats' plan is easy to deduce when you compare something like ObamaKare to Machiavelli's "The Prince" and Karl Marx's "Das Kapital".
That's how you know what the Democrats' plan is.
Obama's plan is the same as it has been his entire life. To continue doing what he's ordered to do so he can continue to ride in the gold seat on the government gravy train.
Was Bush involved in the 9/11 aircraft hijacking that killed over 3,000 innocent civilians? After all, it was his business partner that ordered the attacks!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004872 Oct 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Shrub's military records read like a Stephen King novel. How someone who did so very little could achieve that many pages of service history is a real head scratcher.
Perhaps you are including those fraudulent documents Dan Rather used when he tried to steal a presidential election.

Obama's life so-called "history" reads like "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004873 Oct 16, 2013
Liberals suddenly screaming mad about rate shock, Healthcare.gov disaster

Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Mainstream media turns on Obamacare

Mike Adams
Natural News
October 16, 2013

The mainstream media loves Obamacare. They love it so much that when the disastrous launch of the healthcare.gov system was evident to anyone with an IQ above room temperature, the media tried to cover it up for over a week, repeating the ridiculous White House spin that claimed the site was only crashing “because it was so popular.”(Yes, people who call themselves “journalists” actually bought into this hoax.)
Liberals suddenly screaming mad about rate shock, Healthcare.gov disaster 161013health

Image: Healthcare.gov .

When that excuse crashed and burned, the media tried to say the glitches and error messages were no big deal because the site had a “new deadline” of mid-November, and it would probably be fixed by then.

Immediately after the site launch, I went public with an analysis of the website, concluding that Healthcare.gov was nothing short of an IT disaster with zero chance of functioning by January 1. Since then, other programmers and IT project managers have independently confirmed what I found, and the consensus among programmers is now quite clear: Healthcare.gov won’t work in a week, a month or even three months. It may actually take years to get working correctly, if ever.

This fact is finally starting to sink into the minds of mainstream media journalists. Now, two weeks after attempting to deny reality, the mainstream media is reversing course and actually beginning to scream about the disastrous launch of Obamacare by HHS / Kathleen Sebelius. They are only attacking this, of course, because the disaster makes democrats look incompetent and stupid, and they hate it when that happens because the entire paradigm of centralized government elitism is based on the assumption that democrats are smarter than everyone else (and government is more capable than any other institution

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004874 Oct 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's like trying to have a normal conversation with a room full of grade school kids! When you post something logical, that make total sense, they post spam. Then turn around &, post this kind of stupid nonsense! I'm not to sure their children didn't steal their phones this morning. These can't be adults presenting such hypocrisy!
No logical person would ever use the phrase "government shut down" to describe the hoax happening today.

Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows is on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004875 Oct 16, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Was Bush involved in the 9/11 aircraft hijacking that killed over 3,000 innocent civilians? After all, it was his business partner that ordered the attacks!
No.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004876 Oct 16, 2013
CNN's Anderson Cooper: I Don't Believe Obama Admin Can't Release ObamaCare Data

DAMN, CNN TELLING THE TRUTH,AM I MISSY SOMETHING?????

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004877 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting you are another phony azzed draft dodger also...Most anyone that ever served would know that it's AWOL....IDIOT. Typical bagger.
Draft dodger?!! This thread isn't about Ghost, Clinton or Biden you idiot..

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004878 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Simple minds are easily amused Realtime...
It's the culture...
Speaking from experience, huh Bubba.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004879 Oct 16, 2013
DOW DROPS 700 POINTS OCT 17,2013

Billionaires Dumping Stocks, Economist Knows Why

Tuesday, 15 Oct 2013 09:09 AM

By Newsmax Wires
Share:
More ...
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article

inShare

Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks ... and fast.

Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.

In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.

With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.

Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.

Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. During the second quarter of the year, Paulson’s hedge fund, Paulson & Co., dumped 14 million shares of JPMorgan Chase. The fund also dumped its entire position in discount retailer Family Dollar and consumer-goods maker Sara Lee.

Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.

So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?

After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.

It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.moneynews.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 12 min bozo 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min JRB 214,561
News Making the peace on a violent block of Chicago 16 min bozo 1
News Girl, 15, Among 3 Dead in Memorial Day Weekend ... 27 min bozo 1
News Lansing teens face felony charges in fight (Sep '08) 1 hr Milton 168
News Ultra Foods in Crestwood offers array of prepar... (Jun '12) 1 hr Milton 25
A Muslim woman asks the wrong person a question. 2 hr bozo 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 hr Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages