Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394414 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004818 Oct 16, 2013
Stand Up Americans

Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Paul Craig Roberts
Prison Planet.com
October 16, 2013

In less than 2 days, if the Treasury secretary can be believed, the Treasury will not have enough money to pay all its bills and will have to prioritize. This doesn’t mean default, as interest on Treasury bonds, notes, and bills will be right up there with the military and NSA. If Washington defaults on its bonds, Washington’s power will be gone with the wind regardless of whether the Treasury pays the military.
Stand Up Americans 161013stand

Image: American Patriots.

Whatever the outcome, Washington has already cooked its goose. Washington’s prestige and credibility have been hammered.

China, Washington’s largest foreign creditor, has responded to Washington’s inability to govern itself with a call for a de-Americanized world. The state news agency, speaking for the Chinese government, said that the “days when the destinies of others are in the hands of a hypocritical nation have to be terminated, and a new world order should be put in place.”

China does not mean by “a new world order” the conspiratorial concept popular on the American right-wing. What the Chinese government means is a departure from the American world order based on the US dollar as world reserve currency and US financial imperialism.

China has clearly had enough of Washington’s hubris, arrogance, and irresponsibility as the lack of diplomatic language makes clear:“Instead of honoring its duties as a responsible leading power, a self-serving Washington has abused its superpower status and introduced even more chaos into the world by shifting financial risks overseas.” In addition Washington has provoked “regional tensions amid territorial disputes, and waged unwarranted wars under the cover of outright lies.”

China announced that it has discounted the value of US Treasuries held as collateral against futures trades, and China and the European Central Bank have arranged a currency swap in preparation of a US default.

The head of the IMF declared on NBC that Washington must honor its signature and uphold its financial promises.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004819 Oct 16, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! When Barak Obama was of military age we weren't involved in any major conflicts. Mitt Romney on the other hand was pro draft and pro war during the Vietnam conflict but bugged out to France rather than serving himself. George W used his daddy's pull to get into the Texas ANG and a safe state side assignment and Dick Cheney got five deferments.
You're an idiot!
Real Dumbass Dave's wet socks PDUPONT..

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004820 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>An idiot incontinent 76 year old fart who makes a dumbass claim from his nursing home, then can't prove it or back it up! Talk about looking stupid, ignorant and working hard to prove it, that's ghost!
It's the culture...
Hey moron, I see your meds finally kicked in. You can only dream of having my life...Now call nurse Ratchet to come empty your bed pan.LMAO

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1004821 Oct 16, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>again I shall ask you-WHAT year did President O'bama sign a budget?

You said we didn't have a budget for 5 years. Whether you go from when the last budget was passed or since or when we started a year without a budget, your 5 years was a lie.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004823 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Inevitable Failure of Boehner's Hail Mary Means It's Over for Republicans
That final pathetic lurch is a tradition Boehner inaugurated during the fiscal cliff negotiation last December (recall “Plan B,” which Boehner also chose to euthanize before it came to a vote in the House). There was every reason to believe he’d observe that same sacrament this time around.
But don’t mistake it for anything other than what it was: the final spasm of a still-fresh corpse, the corpse being the GOP’s legitimacy as a political entity, to say nothing of its negotiating position in this particular conflict. If Boehner had actually had the votes to pass a bill that reopened the government and raised the debt ceiling while enacting a few modest Republican priorities—which is to say, a bill that would have been taken seriously inside Washington and put Democrats in something of a bind—he would have done it days ago, in time to give himself some actual leverage. As Boehner told his caucus, you’d “rather throw a grenade than catch a grenade.” But he didn’t have the votes. With his conservative members still lingering in a different dimension, and their peasant army of activists and moneymen declaring anything short of death to Obamacare a capitulation, it was utterly hopeless. Boehner, as is his wont, simply unpinned a grenade he knew he didn’t have the arm-strength to throw.
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/115204/gov...
<spam>
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004824 Oct 16, 2013
What's the connection between
gun control... a recent executive order...
and the coming food crisis?
Fellow patriot,
There's a reason why the US government is so eager to disarm the American people.
It's got little to do with crime rates or mass murders... but everything to do with the very reason the 2nd Amendment was created for: to protect the people from a tyrannical government.
Because when a major disaster hits the USA, a recent executive order allows FEMA to confiscate your food stockpile... and just like in the old USSR, to give it to the government-dependent masses.
That's right: if you invested $30,000 or more in a survival stockpile, or you've been day-dreaming about having enough food to last you a decade... then you've got to watch this urgent video.
Hi, my name is Alec Deacon, and in this short and controversial presentation, that will not be up for long, I'm going to expose how a devastating "once in 60 years" event... along with corporate greed and corruption... are setting the stage for a social and economic "time bomb" that will detonate right in the middle of the US...
... I'll reveal how
... the impending collapse of the US food supply system
will steal the food from your kids' tables...
... leaving them hungry and helpless and forcing them to scavenge for scraps...
... and I'll explain what you must do today to ensure that you and your family not only survive... but actually rise to the top of a fallen society... when chaos rules and communities need someone to lead them.
But that's not all. If you stick until the end of this very short presentation...I'll give you a somewhat weird... but insanely effective way to build a 5 year... 10 year... even 20 year stockpile of super-nutritious food... that the government can't confiscate from you in a crisis. Best of all: this still secret method costs you up to 20 times LESS than you'd have to pay on "survival food"... literally just a few cents per meal.
Like I said... my name is Alec Deacon. You may know me from my website MyFamilySurvivalPlan.com , one of the fastest growing patriot sites. Or you may have seen my warnings on websites like WND.com , Infowars.com or SHTFplan.com .
I'm that guy who's "bitterly clinging to his guns and bibles", like liberals love to say. You bet I am.
Because I'm almost religious about my right to be independent... to bear arms... and to be able to feed myself and my family.
That's why I've made it my life's purpose to expose to true patriots the hidden dangers that threaten our rights... and our very existence.
In my latest research, I uncovered four shocking signs of an impending economic collapse that will cripple the food supply system... and can force your family to struggle for mere survival.
I call these signs...
"The Four Horsemen of the Food Apocalypse"
...because they bring with them a deadly social and economic crisis... with immediate effects on your ability to feed your family.
And if you don't act fast, if you don't act now, you're going to miss your chance forever... a chance to finally become self-sufficient and independent, a chance to make your family "recession-proof" and "disaster proof", while the unprepared "zombies" will be starving and killing each other over a loaf of rotten bread.
The first horseman is Hunger... and it came with the searing heat of last year.
The summer of 2012 brought massive drought, devastation and despair to farmers all over the globe...and we're just starting to feel the hard hitting effects. World granaries like Russia and Kazakhstan were scorched by hellish temperatures. Crops in Ukraine were pummeled, corn was reduced to desolating burnt stalks. And with a 15% drop in the Indian monsoon... a historical drought in Australia... and an appalling harvest in Mexico... no one was spared.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1004825 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler Calls On GOP Colleagues To End Shutdown: It's Time To 'Face Reality'
Herrera Beutler pointed out that many of her constituents have been hurt by the shutdown and said she could no longer stand by and watch.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/jami...
There is no government shut down. It's all a hoax. 87 percent of the government is unaffected. All that happened is the government took a necessary cut in spending, something that has to happen.

So, why do the Democrats continue to lie about the "government shut down" hoax?

Was Obama involved in a conspiracy to kill the US Ambassador to Libya?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1004826 Oct 16, 2013
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had a message Tuesday for his Senate colleague Ted Cruz as the nation moves dangerously close to default: It's time to put the country before the tea party.

Graham wasn't sure on Tuesday if the Texas Republican, who many lawmakers have deemed responsible for the shutdown, had plans to hold up a bill that would reopen the government and avert a breach of the debt limit. But bearing in mind Cruz's pledge to hold the line on defunding Obamacare, Graham said enough is enough.

"I would just say to any member of the Congress now, what is your oath? What is your reason for being here?" he said. "Are you going to stop our ability to reopen the government forever and to honor our obligations come the 17th? I can understand fighting for your cause, but there comes a point when you have an obligation to your country as the whole."

Graham added that he was among the raucous group of House Republican freshmen who helped usher in the shutdown of 1995-1996.

"It's not like I haven't been in a position where I was really fired up to change things. I understand that," he said. "But at the end of the day, I've learned something since 1995. Fight for your cause -- but understand the American people are intrinsically fair minded, and they see in our approach an overreach."

The South Carolina senator then offered up an analogy often used by President Barack Obama: What if Democrats "held hostage" the Bush-era tax cuts in exchange for raising the debt ceiling or funding the government?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/lind...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004827 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron, I see your meds finally kicked in. You can only dream of having my life...Now call nurse Ratchet to come empty your bed pan.LMAO
I rest my case....
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004828 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Most of my uncles and even an aunt are truck drivers.
It's the culture...
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004829 Oct 16, 2013
What's the connection between
gun control... a recent executive order...
and the coming food crisis?

Fellow patriot,

There's a reason why the US government is so eager to disarm the American people.

It's got little to do with crime rates or mass murders... but everything to do with the very reason the 2nd Amendment was created for: to protect the people from a tyrannical government.

Because when a major disaster hits the USA, a recent executive order allows FEMA to confiscate your food stockpile... and just like in the old USSR, to give it to the government-dependent masses.

That's right: if you invested $30,000 or more in a survival stockpile, or you've been day-dreaming about having enough food to last you a decade... then you've got to watch this urgent video.

Hi, my name is Alec Deacon, and in this short and controversial presentation, that will not be up for long, I'm going to expose how a devastating "once in 60 years" event... along with corporate greed and corruption... are setting the stage for a social and economic "time bomb" that will detonate right in the middle of the US...

... I'll reveal how
... the impending collapse of the US food supply system
will steal the food from your kids' tables...

... leaving them hungry and helpless and forcing them to scavenge for scraps...

... and I'll explain what you must do today to ensure that you and your family not only survive... but actually rise to the top of a fallen society... when chaos rules and communities need someone to lead them.

But that's not all. If you stick until the end of this very short presentation...I'll give you a somewhat weird... but insanely effective way to build a 5 year... 10 year... even 20 year stockpile of super-nutritious food... that the government can't confiscate from you in a crisis. Best of all: this still secret method costs you up to 20 times LESS than you'd have to pay on "survival food"... literally just a few cents per meal.

Like I said... my name is Alec Deacon. You may know me from my website MyFamilySurvivalPlan.com , one of the fastest growing patriot sites. Or you may have seen my warnings on websites like WND.com , Infowars.com or SHTFplan.com .

I'm that guy who's "bitterly clinging to his guns and bibles", like liberals love to say. You bet I am.

Because I'm almost religious about my right to be independent... to bear arms... and to be able to feed myself and my family.

That's why I've made it my life's purpose to expose to true patriots the hidden dangers that threaten our rights... and our very existence.

In my latest research, I uncovered four shocking signs of an impending economic collapse that will cripple the food supply system... and can force your family to struggle for mere survival.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004830 Oct 16, 2013
The Four Horsemen of the Food Apocalypse"

...because they bring with them a deadly social and economic crisis... with immediate effects on your ability to feed your family.

And if you don't act fast, if you don't act now, you're going to miss your chance forever... a chance to finally become self-sufficient and independent, a chance to make your family "recession-proof" and "disaster proof", while the unprepared "zombies" will be starving and killing each other over a loaf of rotten bread.

The first horseman is Hunger... and it came with the searing heat of last year.

The summer of 2012 brought massive drought, devastation and despair to farmers all over the globe...and we're just starting to feel the hard hitting effects. World granaries like Russia and Kazakhstan were scorched by hellish temperatures. Crops in Ukraine were pummeled, corn was reduced to desolating burnt stalks. And with a 15% drop in the Indian monsoon... a historical drought in Australia... and an appalling harvest in Mexico... no one was spared.

Not even the US. The worst drought since 1956 reduced farmland to moonscape... killed our corn and wheat exports... but above all, it forced farmers to slaughter their cattle prematurely... because they had no food for them. And now in 2013, mainstream media is keeping Americans in the dark about the worst meat shortage in 60 years..

But it gets worse.

The unusual heat wave accelerated the depletion of the Ogallala aquifer... the largest body of underground water in the US, and the #1 source of irrigation water for farmers. Couple that with abysmal rain levels in autumn, and an incredibly warm winter, and experts are afraid 2013 could bring back the devastating "dust bowl" of the 30's!

And that's just the beginning.

Because the second horseman is GREED.

Just as the drought was causing soy, corn and meat prices to soar 10% alone in July 2012... the US turned on the printing machine, and dumped two trillion dollars in the laps of the biggest banks... through "quantitative easing". The official story is that all this money should go back into the economy... to help small businesses and people like you and I.

Yet greedy banks invest this money into food commodities like corn and soy because they're way more profitable... so when they buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of food, the global market takes a double punch.
The result is a mass genocide
that would make Hitler and Stalin envious:

the criminal speculation in commodity prices is causing them to soar even higher... causing food inflation, and mass starvation.

Just look what happens with food prices immediately after a new quantitative easing is launched:

Food inflation has hit the US too, even if you don't see it. Because while prices are staying still for the moment... packages keep getting smaller and smaller.

24 slices of cheese turned into a 22 slice package

3 oz of salmon shrank into 2.6 oz

18 ounces of peanut butter "melted" into 16.3 oz

You now get 14 oz of Lay's chips instead of 16

And the same goes for thousands of other food items. Sure, corrupt politicians will swear on the bible there's no food inflation... while at the same time mortgaging our children's future. But inflation is everywhere. And it's so dangerous... that last year,
Mexico's former president
Felipe Calderon practically begged the banks
to stop speculating in foods.

He told Fox News: "Four years ago, more than 90 percent of the purchases of grains and food came from companies related to production or distribution of grains. Today [...] more than 40 percent are operations related to financial institutions."

That's 4 times more speculation by irresponsible US banks, that makes everyone's food more expensive... causes inflation to spiral out of control, and forces millions of people to the soup lines.

And that's when the real nightmare starts to unfold. That's when the 3rd horseman starts galloping towards the US... and his name is "Chaos".

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004831 Oct 16, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! When Barak Obama was of military age we weren't involved in any major conflicts. Mitt Romney on the other hand was pro draft and pro war during the Vietnam conflict but bugged out to France rather than serving himself. George W used his daddy's pull to get into the Texas ANG and a safe state side assignment and Dick Cheney got five deferments.
You're an idiot!
So, what you're saying is, the Cold War never happened, right?
You're an idiot.

Actually, President Soetoro was too busy dropping out of Occidental and not attending classes at Columbia and travelling with a foreign passport to countries on the US State Department's no-travel list.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004832 Oct 16, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had a message Tuesday for his Senate colleague Ted Cruz as the nation moves dangerously close to default: It's time to put the country before the tea party.
Graham wasn't sure on Tuesday if the Texas Republican, who many lawmakers have deemed responsible for the shutdown, had plans to hold up a bill that would reopen the government and avert a breach of the debt limit. But bearing in mind Cruz's pledge to hold the line on defunding Obamacare, Graham said enough is enough.
"I would just say to any member of the Congress now, what is your oath? What is your reason for being here?" he said. "Are you going to stop our ability to reopen the government forever and to honor our obligations come the 17th? I can understand fighting for your cause, but there comes a point when you have an obligation to your country as the whole."
Graham added that he was among the raucous group of House Republican freshmen who helped usher in the shutdown of 1995-1996.
"It's not like I haven't been in a position where I was really fired up to change things. I understand that," he said. "But at the end of the day, I've learned something since 1995. Fight for your cause -- but understand the American people are intrinsically fair minded, and they see in our approach an overreach."
The South Carolina senator then offered up an analogy often used by President Barack Obama: What if Democrats "held hostage" the Bush-era tax cuts in exchange for raising the debt ceiling or funding the government?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/lind...
There is no government shut down, moron. It's all a hoax.

Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
Show me the government shut down.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1004833 Oct 16, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, but there's a dumbass on here that says government programs are funded by the government, not the taxpayer.
I said infrastructure, schools etc were funded by the government.

We fund the government.

Does a family pay their mortgage, buy their groceries, etc or does their employer buy them.

Or maybe their employers customers pay them?

When you pay your taxes, its the government's money. They choose where to spend it.

When you put your paycheck in the bank, it becomes your money.

This idea you have that the government spends no money is beyond stupid.
OBAMA DEM SHUT DOWN GOV

Smithfield, NC

#1004834 Oct 16, 2013
Obama Operatives’ Anti-Tea Party Protest Draws Dismal Numbers

Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Squint hard enough and you can almost see the protest

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
Oct 14, 2013

An anti-Tea Party protest today at the Capitol building in Washington DC, organised by paid Obama operatives, drew numbers so small that many couldn’t even find the protest they were supposed to be taking part in.

The “economic action event”, billed as an anti-Tea party shutdown protest, was put together by Organising For Action, the social welfare Obama support group.http://www.prisonplanet. com/obama-operatives-anti-tea- party-protest-draws-dismal-num bers.html

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1004835 Oct 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Soon the teabagger leadership will join us here on Topix as they'll be booted off the big stage. Brace yourself, here comes a minute by minute analysis of Benghazi. That's all they'll have left.
Charlie Rose on CBS this morning said O'bama took a horrible chance by not negotiating. Then they went into the health care debacle. Seems to me the MSM is going after O'bama--and they also said O'bama has no plan if the country defaults. Of course why would he?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1004836 Oct 16, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ghost... your meds finally kicked in you idiot...

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1004837 Oct 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all you've got? What is this, some sort of diversion tactic your therapist suggested?
Okay, I'll play along. Yes, Obama wanted to recall the Ambassador but didn't want to do the paperwork.
Happy now?
It's a question. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice for an answer.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1004838 Oct 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no government shut down. It's all a hoax. 87 percent of the government is unaffected. All that happened is the government took a necessary cut in spending, something that has to happen.
So, why do the Democrats continue to lie about the "government shut down" hoax?
i don't address question that the addressee can't answer.

so get off your lazy ass and do some real research.

and if it's a hoax then 3 out of 4 Americans didn't get the tea party memo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min They cannot kill ... 1,101
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Jacques Orleans 216,431
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Into The Night 60,009
Observations 1 hr A Noted Observer 126
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,677
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,398
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,697
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr AngryLeak 102,441
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages