Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1003676 Oct 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security has no unfunded liabilities because it has no liabilities whatsoever...as well as no permanent funding...
exactly
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003677 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Be nice to Ed. He's got dementia.
The fact he can still type a message is practically a miracle!!
lol, That's a well taken documented and valid point.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003678 Oct 14, 2013
Government shutdown poll: GOP disapproval grows

Republicans are also struggling with support from within their own party. The Washington Post reports that 49 percent of self-identified Republicans approve and 47 percent disapprove of the job Republican lawmakers are doing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/shutdow...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003679 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! Mentioned!
go to any MSM site on the net and you'll see something like the Politico headline i just posted.

but seeing as how right wing nutjobs sites are not part of the MSM i guess they should get a pass.
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1003680 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah did you crash yet? or you still tweakin?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1003681 Oct 14, 2013
“Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay." - Obama supporter and mother of 15, Angel Adams
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1003682 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact you defend the most powerful married man in the world with a daughter nearly the same age as his young subordinate sex toy by asking if the sex toy enjoyed being used as such says everything, Lily.
Powerful men have significant power over vulnerable women. Does that mean it's okay for them to take advantage of that fact?
Nevermind thinking men who send pictures of their penises to women is a perfectly normal thing to do.
I'm not surprised that you missed the point. I didn't defend; I just don't think a persons sex life is anyone's business. I had hoped that Bill Clinton would have told the American people that this is a personal matter. Period. Bill Clinton was a phenomenal President nonetheless. Did he have personal weaknesses? Sure. Who doesn't? Monica Lewinsky was the aggressor; he succumbed. So what?
What did it prove to spend all that $50 million to have that stupid investigation? Nothing. It was absurd.
What would you suggest? Arresting and imprisoning every man who has a sexual indiscretion? Wake up and join the real world Carol.
It happens everyday, in every walk of life. Powerful wealthy men are pursued by women all the time. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't. Who cares?
Who is to say what is normal or not normal for each individual?
It wasn't rape, it wasn't child molestation. It was sex. So what.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003683 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i checked today's headlines. did you?
You weren't that specific in your criticism. Besides, do expect them to mention polls every single day?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1003685 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo. Excellent post.
Thanks USA!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003686 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say the sites didn't mention polls.
He said you nitwits were down in the polls.
You seem especially sensitive today.
But as usual, you have nothing.
I find it incredible that in your irrational need to piss on my leg you don't mind making a complete idiot out of yourself

"sonicfilter wrote:
just hit Redstate, Breitbart, The Daily Caller and FOX News. no mention of polls of any sort.
imagine that"
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003687 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
“Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to pay." - Obama supporter and mother of 15, Angel Adams
It's interesting how reich wing nuts who not even a year ago wanted New Jersey to sink don't have any problems pushing a bill through for government as fast as possible.

I wonder why?

"...South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard and U.S. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., flew over the affected areas during an aerial assessment Thursday afternoon. The state’s congressional delegation has also vowed to push ahead for quick passage of the stalled farm bill to provide immediate financial relief to ranchers.

“We need to be doing everything we can to help the livestock producers whose livelihoods have been endangered by this storm,” Thune said in a statement.“Last weekend’s devastating storm is another example of why we need to complete work on the Farm Bill for our farmers and ranchers.”

Christen said passage of the legislation is critical for the region.

“It’s a disaster situation here, like a hurricane in other parts of the country,” she said.“We’re not looking for a handout or any kind of special subsidy, however, we’ve had a devastating loss to our industry. It’s critical to our economy in South Dakota and frankly the entire agriculture industry that we pass that. These cows feed a lot of this country.”..."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003688 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
go to any MSM site on the net and you'll see something like the Politico headline i just posted.
but seeing as how right wing nutjobs sites are not part of the MSM i guess they should get a pass.
There's nothing to let pass, except maybe your lie. For some reason you think that if they don't mention polls according to your schedule, they are trying to hide something...or you are so brainwashed by all the loony left wing sites you visit that you think polls are breaking news.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003689 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't that specific in your criticism. Besides, do expect them to mention polls every single day?
definitely not today.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1003690 Oct 14, 2013
Obama's Dictatorship Announcement -'The Mask Is Off', Transcript (This is Satire?- For Now)-

http://universalfreepress.com/obama-announces...

The title, "The Mask Is Off" brings to mind this:

http://diaconspiracyfiles.com/2009/05/17/bagg...

http://www.designtoscano.com/product/dragon%2...

AND -

http://biblehub.com/niv/2_thessalonians/2.htm vs 3,4....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1003691 Oct 14, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remeber how she was too stupid to complete the application, and PETRIFIED her July birthday would force her to wait another year!
Yup!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003692 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Government shutdown poll: GOP disapproval grows
Republicans are also struggling with support from within their own party. The Washington Post reports that 49 percent of self-identified Republicans approve and 47 percent disapprove of the job Republican lawmakers are doing.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/shutdow...
I have to thank you, I don't frequent foznews.com , but I just went there to see what their "headlines" are and came across this:

"Obama's leadership proves presidency is no place for amateurs"

That's the honest truth.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003693 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to let pass, except maybe your lie. For some reason you think that if they don't mention polls according to your schedule, they are trying to hide something...or you are so brainwashed by all the loony left wing sites you visit that you think polls are breaking news.
It Gets Worse for the GOP

How the excesses of the Bush administration led to the Tea Party and a different kind of Republican imprudence.

By W. James Antle III

Initially, the American people’s verdict on the government shutdown appeared to be “a pox on both their houses.” Republicans received plurality blame, but Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and both major parties took something of a hit in the early polls.

But as the shutdown has continued, public opinion is beginning to look as one-sided as it did in 1995-96, if it isn’t worse. The Republican Party’s favorability rating is at a record low, falling 10 points since September to just 28 percent. That’s the lowest for either major party since Gallup started asking the question in 1992.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll found even worse results for the GOP. Most telling, approval of Obamacare—though still low—has risen since October 1 despite a rocky roll-out. This does not bode well for efforts to use the shutdown as leverage to defund Obamacare.

Polling is ephemeral and the 2014 elections are the political equivalent of a lifetime away. But none of the falsifiable predictions made by the proponents of this tactic have come true. They said that the Democrats would make major concessions to avoid a shutdown. But the Obama administration is trying to implement the Obamacare exchanges and the government is still shut down.

It was argued that the country would rise up and demand the defunding of Obamacare in response to this confrontation. There is no evidence of such a popular revolt, and some reason to think the shutdown is actually hurting opposition to Obamacare. It was said that President Obama and the Democrats would take the blame for shutting down the government over an unpopular law. Nearly every major poll shows the blame running in the other direction.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Jim Antle is editor of the Daily Caller News Foundation and senior editor at The American Spectator.

say what?!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1003694 Oct 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a nutjob. Did John Edwards, Anthony Weiner or Bill Clinton ever draft a bill, or pass legislation to eliminate womens rights?
Those three men happen to love women. They're not pedophiles or rapists, nor did they commit incest.
Just because the Democrats often have horny male policitians does not equate to taking away womens rights.
At all. You're so screwed up in the head that its' not even funny
10,000 comedians out of work, and you try to take up the slack, all by your own self.... Whata Gal....

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1003695 Oct 14, 2013
Whoopi Goldberg on 43-year-old Roman Polanski raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old girl: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and when they let him out he was like "You know what this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail I'm not staying, so that's why he left."

And these are the self-proclaimed 'smart' people.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003696 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... These cows feed a lot of this country.”..."
You still don't understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Grand Birther 179,351
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 7 min LittlejigsRPigs 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,652
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 10 min DEATH2Them 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL 70,084
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 50,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr scirocco 47,496
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]