Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432747 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Backfire

Hartford, CT

#1004311 Oct 15, 2013
51% said Mr. Obama was more concerned about his agenda than the good of the country

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1004312 Oct 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack (unlike Homer) doesn't have an independent bone in his body, he is a Republican through and through.
Homer 2016 - "Republicans eat their young"
Yeah, that sounds non-partisan. LOL
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004313 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on my bucket list.
It seems the TEA Party is scaring the hell out of the Democrats. Somebody must have slapped Obama in the face with a copy of the Constitution. I haven't heard a democrat president threaten to violate the 14th Amendment and destabilize the world economy by unconstitutionally ordering the US to default on its debt in a couple of days.
What happened to all that blustering?
Let's review some recent events....
26 muslims and 1.2 million bikers show up for the Million Muslim March.
Blue collar truckers surround DC.
Veterans throw the Barrycades back into Obama's face.
Obama's support drops to 37 percent (to include that 35 percent that would vote for the corpse of a dead dog if it were the Democrat running). That means Obama's support is at 2 percent.
... 2 percent.
Obama's Machiavellian agenda doesn't seem to be doing so well.
I do believe I have uncovered your major malfunction. You suffer from being a Masochist and you enjoy Algolagnia. You better get Carol to pray for you.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1004314 Oct 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has he taken charge of anything or led anyone?
Pelosi and Reid wrote Obamacare. He never did get to the bottom of anything as promised. He never held anyone accountable for anything as promised. He has lost face on the world stage with Iran, Egypt, Syria, Russia and European countries. And he acts like the Republican Party is his nemesis instead of fellow elected officials who represent the other half who didn't vote for him.
Others take charge while he still acts like a king. The emperor wears no clothes.
Sure stupid, Syria's getting rid of its chemical weapons because the President showed that he was ready and willing to drop the hammer on them and Russia got on board to avoid a confrontation with us. Iran's finally shown a willingness to talk about their nuclear program.
It was actually the Heritage Society that wrote "Obamacare", but that's been pointed out to you on many occasions but it can't penetrate your thick hate filled skull.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1004315 Oct 15, 2013
flack wrote:
Bill Clinton Says Americans Will Get Used to Communism
2 October 2013 / 190 Comments
Former president Bill Clinton is running interference for President Obama and laying the groundwork for Hillary’s 2016 presidential bid. Here’s what he said about the future of the response of Americans to ObamaCare:
“I just think that when all these dire predictions don’t come out, if they don’t — I believe that pretty soon, within the next several years, this will be like Medicare and Medicaid. And it’ll be a normal part of our life. And people will be glad it’s there.”
I’m sure every political tyrant said something similar. I can hear Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, and Vladimir Lenin telling their people.“In time you’ll learn to love Communism.”
ObamaCare is like the early stages of communism. Communist ideology is all about equality.“From each according to his ability, to each according to their needs” is a slogan popularized by Karl Marx in 1875. Sounds so ... fair. It reminds me of a scene in the film Dr. Zhivago where Omar Sharif’s character returns to his home and finds it overrun with people. Equality was achieved. Everybody had the same medical care, living space, food, and nutrition needs. They were all “equally” malnurished.
Gen. Yevgraf Zhivago, Dr. Yrui Zhivago’s half brother and Communist Party member, after seeing Yuri pulling wood from a fence, made this remark:
“I told myself it was beneath my dignity to arrest a man for pilfering firewood. But nothing ordered by the party is beneath the dignity of any man. And the party was right: one man desperate for a bit of fuel is pathetic; five million people desperate for fuel will destroy a city.”
300 million people brought under the control of the government for healthcare will bring our nation to its collective needs.
Your post is a lie.

If you look closely, the only Bill Clinton quote is just that one paragraph. It comes from am interview.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/09/...

The communism stuff is not in that interview .

The communist crap was not said by Clinton but was said by the author of this blog

http://godfatherpolitics.com/12723/bill-clint...

Funny how your source just duped you into making your post.

Don't you ever get embarrassed by believing your sources?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1004316 Oct 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, as Yeah pointed out, here we are again with Republicans demanding that their Farm bill be put on the fast track while entitlement programs for the poor be cut. It's disgusting.
How many starving children does a big screen TV feed? really... that's what they were trying to buy on their EBT cards during the O'bama EBT glitch--so can you answer that?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004317 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have said "What woman?"
Bill Clinton was a serial rapist.
While you are a masochist with Algolagniac tendencies. I'll bet your biker Butties [wink, wink] love you.wink,wink.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1004318 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
He should have said "What woman?"
Bill Clinton was a serial rapist.
Actually the word on the street is that you are a serial rapist. I'm not saying I agree with the word on the street.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1004319 Oct 15, 2013
Liberals do know it all!!!

"MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Opposition to Obama due to South losing Civil War"

http://libertyunyielding.com/2013/10/15/msnbc...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1004320 Oct 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on brotha; I'm voting for Homer. He's cool.
Homer would make a great homecoming queen...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1004321 Oct 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most farmers have wealth in terms of their land, but little net cash income...
USA still hasn't figured out why the Feds offer supplement assistance for ten food crops.

These ten crops are regarded as essential for the Fed govt to meet their foreign food aid obligations, to supplement the cost of lunch programs and to provide monthly food supplements to Indians and low income families.

Which one of these programs does USA want deleted?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1004322 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton did not say that at all. Stop lying.
He not only lies, but he also steals...all that garbage from a reich-wing nutsite without a citation. I've got five bucks that says he doesn't know the meaning of several of the terms used therein and can't even spell plagiarist.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1004323 Oct 15, 2013
Occupy-Chicago wrote:
So let me see if I understand this correctly. The government will default if the budget is not passed by the 17th of the month. Social Security and military members won’t get paid on the first.
Ok I can go with that. If by then it is not resolved I will lose 30% of my income. I am retired Air Force after all.
Now about the Social Security why won’t it go out? I don’t receive any money form the SSA. I thought that SSA-SSD and so on was self-funding? You know they bring in more money then goes out? So why wont the Checks go out?
Oh I know why they won’t get paid. Because President Obama says so and he is so right about everything else. Ok don’t pay it. This is about 70% Democrats and 30% Republican fault.
Remember it takes 3 to tangle in this case (House, Senate & President)
Al Gore said Social security is in a lock box and he lost the key. That's all I can figure out.
Signed O'bama.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1004324 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on my bucket list.
It seems the TEA Party is scaring the hell out of the Democrats. Somebody must have slapped Obama in the face with a copy of the Constitution. I haven't heard a democrat president threaten to violate the 14th Amendment and destabilize the world economy by unconstitutionally ordering the US to default on its debt in a couple of days.
What happened to all that blustering?
Let's review some recent events....
26 muslims and 1.2 million bikers show up for the Million Muslim March.
Blue collar truckers surround DC.
Veterans throw the Barrycades back into Obama's face.
Obama's support drops to 37 percent (to include that 35 percent that would vote for the corpse of a dead dog if it were the Democrat running). That means Obama's support is at 2 percent.
... 2 percent.
Obama's Machiavellian agenda doesn't seem to be doing so well.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Funny how it's the t-p terrorists holding American and Americans hostages son!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1004325 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Right on brotha; I'm voting for Homer. He's cool.
Yeah that's how we got in this mess to begin with!!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1004326 Oct 15, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No but I will employ black Panthers at every polling booth to provide extra security and to keep mice/rats away, some of those place haven't been updated since the 50's. Plus they are cool to look at.
this is homer's idea of humor these days. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1004327 Oct 15, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol you seem to have great difficulty understanding almost every thing. Express your religion in a church or to yourself, if all religions would do that there would not be the millions and millions killed. Yes Carol we Americans are a tolerant nation...We have only killed a few million of them, and have troops in 140 nations. Thomas Jefferson also said that religion should be confined to each individual to who ever he deems his god. You and your nutcase party run on relligion all the time, your morality, your god. In my opinion your god sucks.
IMHO, that's what happens when they create a god in their own image. If Jesus returned and walked the streets as He did in New Testament times, they'd do all they could to "crucify" Him once again.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1004328 Oct 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
buying a good steak beats subsidizing a welfare bum any day...
buying a good steak beats subsidizing an oilfield pretend engineer bum any day

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1004329 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton did not say that at all. Stop lying.
Bill Clinton Says Americans Will Get Used to Communism

Posted on October 1, 2013

http://godfatherpolitics.com/12723/bill-clint...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#1004330 Oct 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I ingrained in my daughter since she was small is when she sees someone in need not to question their circumstances but to help them out and always remember, "There, but for the grace of God, go I."
The other thing I tried to ingrain in her is to always be content with she has - that there will always be those who are more fortunate than herself and those less fortunate.
Christians simply want to believe what they believe and for others to do the same.
It is Christians who are being killed and persecuted in Syria, Iran, Egypt and other parts of the world.
So I have no idea what you're talking about.
So I guess you've slept through your time of existence. It's been going on since the beginning of time. no way is one sided or, it's not a war. It's a slaughter. You think Constantine the Great have 2 shits about Muslims, when he slaughtered his own fellow Christians because, their belief in the word was different from theirs. You need to watch " the book of Eli " &, see the power of the division of religion. I'm sure your not gonna tell me that things have always been this way. That Christians didn't always hold the power of the world, are you? What Muslims ie: Al Qaeda, Taliban etc... all is done on the small scale of things. What the western countries have done to them is on the mass scale of proportions. Tally up both wars, asking with the car bombings, asking with their terrorist attacks &, you'll see that they've probably not even killed 20thousand America's ( in their eyes Christians). Meanwhile, the Christians ( America) has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Muslims. Their attacks are symbolic to foreign countries, where the population is at war with the gov't , using rocks &, sticks against ticket launchers, machine guns, grenades, tanks etc... They can't win a straight up war so, they pick their battles &, attack by surprise. America's hands,(this being a Christian nation) are far from clean. If the wars weren't religion against religion, Name as Muslim country that sided with America &, name a Christian country that sided with the Muslims!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dale 225,369
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 9,540
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Mothra 61,486
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 43 min Ize Found 71,056
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,702
lawnmowingonline is horrible ........... Beware! (Jan '16) 3 hr LawnMowingOnline 2
Don't wanna beat a dead horse.........BUT......... 4 hr WickedWitchAMERICA 29
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr CrunchyBacon 103,629

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages