Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
922,041 - 922,060 of 1,100,332 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1003486 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is delaying the individual mandate for a year "responsible"?
Health insurance companies have expended a great deal of capital setting up their plans and getting their computer systems in sync with the exchange. CMS has already committed millions on the system over five - ten years. Contracts have been signed. The "responsible" thing to do is to go forward. What's fair to working families is to have the opportunity relax knowing that they won't go bankrupt due to a health insurance emergency. What isn't fair is allowing a handful of self-righteous politicians hold America for ransom.
If America wanted ObamaKKKare, an individual mandate would be unnecessary...its only purpose is to blackmail young, healthy people into subsidizing medical care for the sick....

Since: Nov 11

United States

#1003487 Oct 14, 2013
Federal guards in federal prisons are NOT getting paid but the prisioners are!

Welcome to the Democratic Utopia!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1003488 Oct 14, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Calling Leosnana!
Grammar violation!
Grammar violation!
“Let’s don’t confuse nobody with the facts,” Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.) said during a congressional committee hearing where she made it clear that she blames the House for the government shutdown"
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/14/rep-corrin...
Thanks for the belly laugh! That was hilarious!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1003489 Oct 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That fkn clown makes all sorts of claims including that recently 1.2 million bikers converged on Washington DC.
Only the truly brain damaged repeat what they read on WND.
That's what the DC police counted.

And, they counted 26 muslims that showed up for the Million Muslim March.

Now, why did only 26 million muslims show up for the Million Muslim March? Maybe because a million bikers were coming?

1.2 million, to quote the DC police.

If I were you, I'd be asking CBS and NBC and ABC and MSNBC why they didn't tell you this.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003490 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since this is the second post like this, it's time someone set some of you straight.
"The income of those living in red states has climbed 4.6% since the recession began in December 2007, a USA TODAY analysis of total increases found. The average income of those living in blue states and swing states saw a much slower increase. The personal income of blue states has increased 0.5%, while in the swing states, income increased 1.4%."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Might as well be me.
I regard it totally childish to have a state whining about funding things that are mutually beneficial to them such as...

-military bases
-Superfund sites
-national parks
-supplementing farmers who grows crops that are used by the military, schools, Indian food supplements, foreign aide etc.

None of this is MOOCHING

This whole myth has disappeared except for some diehard blogs and message boards because logic was missing from its' claims.

Now here is breakdown of states who have the most people on welfare-
1 California
2. Maine
3. Tennessee
4. Massachusetts
5. Vermont
6. District of Columbia
7. New York
8. Minnesota
9. Washington (state)
Tie-10. New Mexico
Tie-10. Indiana
12. Rhode Island
13. Michigan
14. Pennsylvania
15. Oregon

http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/page/1
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1003491 Oct 14, 2013
A woman with an outstanding warrant for her arrest is currently serving as an Obamacare “navigator” in Lawrence, Kansas.

Rosilyn Wells — the Director of Outreach and Enrollment for the Heartland Community Health-care Center (HCHC)– is “the only full-time Affordable Care Act navigator in Lawrence,” according to the Lawrence Journal-World.

Wells was certified as an Obamacare navigator despite her financial history, which includes a bankruptcy in 2003, a 2007 civil charge from a local check cashing business called Midwest Checkrite for writing a bad check, being more than $1700 behind on her state tax bill, and having an outstanding arrest warrant in nearby Shawnee County.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003492 Oct 14, 2013
Poll: New High For Disapproval Of GOP's Handling Of Budget Talks

Republicans continue to absorb the bulk of the blame for the protracted budget impasse, with a poll released Monday showing public disapproval of the GOP's handling of the crisis reaching an apex.

The latest ABC News/Washington Post poll found 74 percent of Americans disapproving of how congressional Republicans are handling the budget negotiations, up from 63 percent two weeks ago. Fifty-four percent said they "strongly" disapprove of the Republicans while 20 percent said they "somewhat" disapprove. Only 21 percent said they approve of the way Republicans have handled the talks.

The poll found Republicans receiving far more blame than the other parties in the negotiations. Fifty-three percent said they disapprove of how President Barack Obama has handled the negotiations while 61 percent said they disapprove of Democrats in Congress.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-ne...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003493 Oct 14, 2013
The Last Days of the GOP

We could be witnessing the death throes of the Republican Party

I once wrote about lobbying, and this week I called some Republicans I used to talk to (and some that they recommended I talk to) about the effect the shutdown is having on the Republican Party in Washington. The response I got was fear of Republican decline and loathing of the Tea Party: One lobbyist and former Hill staffer lamented the “fall of the national party,” another the rise of “suburban revolutionaries,” and another of “people alienated from business, from everything.” There is a growing fear among Washington Republicans that the party, which has lost two national elections in a row, is headed for history’s dustbin. And I believe that they are right to worry.

The battle over the shutdown has highlighted the cracks and fissures within the party. The party’s leadership has begun to lose control of its members in Congress. The party’s base has become increasingly shrill and is almost as dissatisfied with the Republican leadership in Washington as it is with President Obama. New conservative groups have echoed, and taken advantage of, this sentiment by targeting Republicans identified with the leadership for defeat. And a growing group of Republican politicians, who owe their election to these groups, has carried the battle into the halls of Congress. That is spelling doom for the Republican coalition that has kept the party afloat for the last two decades.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/115134/gop...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1003494 Oct 14, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Blah, Blah , Blah,,, Left up to you America would look just like China or some African nation. You would be happy to see everyone working for a dollar per day. The ONLY reason you sit in your high tower looking down upon all the peasants is because the oil companies can charge any amount they wish to and everyone must pay it. If all industry was like yours than everyone might have your same outlook.
All industries are like mine. It's called capitalism.
And, I don't want to insult you or anything like that, but one of the prime considerations when setting the price for something is how much the consumer is willing to pay.
Why you buy that Big Mac, that was the prime consideration in establishing a price, how much money are they willing to pay.
That's the way capitalism works. When you charge more than people are willing to pay, they don't pay.
You don't need to buy gasoline. There is public transportation available to you. There are still bicycles. And, you can walk if you have some prohibition against bicycles.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003495 Oct 14, 2013
Obamacare Struggles Even Worse In States That Resisted It

In Washington, D.C.,(population 632,000), the drive to enroll the uninsured into health coverage under President Barack Obama's health care reform law is backed by the city government, federal funding and more than 200 local workers helping people apply for benefits.

In Prince William County, Va.,(population 430,000), 30 miles south of the U.S. Capitol, there's pretty much just Frank Principi.

Principi is the executive director of the Greater Prince William Community Health Center in Woodbridge, a nonprofit clinic. The center is home to 14 doctors, nurses and dentists who care for 10,000 low- and middle-income patients a year, and it charges uninsured people on a sliding scale based on income. It's also the only place in the county where those who want to use the health insurance exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act can go for certified, in-person help with their applications.

"People are sick, and people are sick of having to pay large amounts of cash, or forgo paying a bill at all and going into bankruptcy," Principi, 52, said during an interview at the clinic on Wednesday. Principi estimates that about 100 people asked for information on Oct. 1 alone, the day the exchanges opened. Incoming phone calls are up more than 10 percent, he said.

The Obama administration aims to sign up 7 million people for private insurance via the exchanges. This enormous task, challenging under ideal circumstances, is made more difficult by the decisions of many states -- mostly Republican-led and including nearly the entire South -- to resist the law's implementation. As a result, the reach of Obamacare's enrollment drive is expected to vary widely. Fewer uninsured people are expected to get coverage in places like Virginia, which is doing next to nothing to help its residents sign up, than in places like the District of Columbia, which embraced the law's goals. And that's not even factoring in the faulty federal website impeding the project in more than 30 states.

....Principi believes his patients will brave the extra hassle. "The families that we're helping? They've never had health insurance in their lives," he said. "Getting affordable health insurance for them and their families is a huge, huge relief from the stress, the anxiety, the pressure of not knowing what's going to happen when your child gets sick. These folks are willing to wait."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/14/obam...

Orlando, FL

#1003496 Oct 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you have 4 instead of 3? LOL
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1003497 Oct 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I regard it totally childish to have a state whining about funding things that are mutually beneficial to them such as...
-military bases
-Superfund sites
-national parks
-supplementing farmers who grows crops that are used by the military, schools, Indian food supplements, foreign aide etc.
None of this is MOOCHING
This whole myth has disappeared except for some diehard blogs and message boards because logic was missing from its' claims.
Now here is breakdown of states who have the most people on welfare-
1 California
2. Maine
3. Tennessee
4. Massachusetts
5. Vermont
6. District of Columbia
7. New York
8. Minnesota
9. Washington (state)
Tie-10. New Mexico
Tie-10. Indiana
12. Rhode Island
13. Michigan
14. Pennsylvania
15. Oregon
http://www.cnbc.com/id/31910310/page/1
Looks heavily dominated by Democrats at a glance....
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1003498 Oct 14, 2013
Someone stop me before I kill again!
Pro-Goyim

Waynesboro, MS

#1003499 Oct 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Young Monica was hot for POTUS__cigar and all__she also flashed her ass in the White House hallways to gain his attention. Pig meets cokhound__nature takes it's course__next case.
Wanna talk about Larry Craig???
"Monica Lew"(jewish) was an "Israeli agent".... "leverage".

12/16/1998
President Clinton orders attack on Iraq
Watch:

12/16/1998
Ron Paul - Press Conference on the situation on Iraq and impeachment (1998)
Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1003500 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The topic is respect for women's rights.....not moral character. Republicans have no respect for women's rights.
However, Monica Lewinsky had no respect for herself. She knew what she wanted and she went after it...an affair with the President, not the other way around. What kind of a nutcase doesn't have her dressed cleaned after such an encounter? Only a manipulating, crazy beotch. Her rights weren't disrespected.
Police could never corroborate the story of the massage therapist in the case of Al Gore and to say that Edwards "pimped his wife's terminal cancer" is a real stretch.
You are definitely a study in the logic of unconsciousness.
NUTCASE POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

Orlando, FL

#1003501 Oct 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What? Two or three blacks that found the conversion helpful in finding their fifteen minutes. Mutts like Lloyd Marcus don't count babe.
Meanwhile, millions of Republicans are cancelling their membership because they can't stomach "your kind."
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politicse...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/us/politics...

See for yourself.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1003502 Oct 14, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Blah, Blah , Blah,,, Left up to you America would look just like China or some African nation. You would be happy to see everyone working for a dollar per day. The ONLY reason you sit in your high tower looking down upon all the peasants is because the oil companies can charge any amount they wish to and everyone must pay it. If all industry was like yours than everyone might have your same outlook.
Actually, left up to me, American would look like how it is described in the Constitution, moron.
It's the Democrats that are turning it into something like an African village.
(I do think I'm the only one here that has actually lived in the jungles of Africa and qualified to make that comparison.)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1003503 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you just said there's no such thing as unfunded because of the governments power to tax. Therefore every budget is funded. Everything the government does is funded. There is no such thing as government debt.
Whew! I had to take a break. Can't handle the stupid like I use to be able to handle it.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003504 Oct 14, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>NUTCASE POST OF THE YEAR!!!!
When a Dem makes a misogynistic comment; it isn't really misogynistic.

Orlando, FL

#1003505 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds far more like you are whistling as you pass the cemetery again.The top always gets blamed more,but anyone with an IQ over most baggers know just who the real culprits are. Thats an easy call. except of course you morons.
With only a 3% margin separating Republicans from Democrats as to who is to blame and Obama's approval down to 37%, sounds more like you're getting desperate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Dick Topick 49,525
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min wojar 177,401
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 57 min ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 57 min boundary painter 333
Quinn allows increased tax on cell phones in sh... 1 hr WhenAtCUBRatesRoc... 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,257
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr I choose shytcago 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••