Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1003698 Oct 14, 2013
FYI AMERICA - YOU MAY FIND THIS INTERESTING:

[Watch] Hidden Warnings in New $100 Bill, Message of Destruction Under Obama

http://universalfreepress.com/watch-hidden-wa...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1003699 Oct 14, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Social Security is Welfare
April 16, 2012 by Don Watkins
http://capitalism.aynrand.org/social-security...
The Origins of Entitlement
By Robert Samuelson - April 9, 2012
WASHINGTON -- Would Franklin Roosevelt approve of Social Security? The question seems absurd. After all, Social Security is considered the New Deal's signature achievement. It distributes nearly $800 billion a year to 56 million retirees, survivors and disabled beneficiaries. On average, retired workers and spouses receive $1,839 dollars a month -- money vital to the well-being of millions. Roosevelt would surely be proud of this, and yet he might also have reservations. Social Security has evolved into something he never intended and actively opposed.
It has become what was then called "the dole" and is now known as "welfare." This forgotten history clarifies why America's budget problems are so intractable.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
By Robert J. Samuelson
Monday, March 7, 2011
Why Social Security is welfare
We don't call Social Security "welfare" because it's a pejorative term, and politicians don't want to offend. So their rhetoric classifies Social Security as something else when it isn't. Here is how I define a welfare program: First, it taxes one group to support another group, meaning it's pay-as-you-go and not a contributory scheme where people's own savings pay their later benefits. And second, Congress can constantly alter benefits, reflecting changing needs, economic conditions and politics. Social Security qualifies on both counts.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
People need to stop focusing on the Social Security retirement program and refocus on SSI. That is the program that needs closer scrutiny. After all, SSI isn't self-funded. It is paid for by U.S. Treasury general funds. And it is running amok.

Since 1990, the number of disabled-worker beneficiaries has increased 84%. Repeat 84%!!! And, asa a result, the number of disabled Medicare beneficiaries has increased nearly 70 percent since 1990. This just isn't acceptable. We need to reevaluate how we pay SSI to premature children and take a look at why disability retirements are being handed out like candy.

That's where the red ink is....not in the self-funded Social Security program.

The Social Security Trust Fund is an easy fix....raise the retirement age by one year. Not so much with SSI. It's a monster that is out of control.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1003700 Oct 14, 2013

100,000 cattle feared dead after early South Dakota snowstorm

By
Manuel Bojorquez

Scroll Left Scroll Right
Cattle ranchers hit hardest in S.D. blizzardplay Cattle ranchers hit hardest in S.D. blizzard

Giant burial pits have been dug in the Black Hills of South Dakota-- for cattle lost in a surprise snowstorm 10 days ago.

As many as 100,000 head are feared dead and financial losses may be as high as $1.25 million dollars. The federal government shutdown has only made things worse.

Nothing could prepare Scott Reder and his wife, Angela, for what the melting snow has revealed.

There were places where there were dead cows for as far as the eye could see.

"After a while you almost get numb," Angela Reder said. "You come upon another one and you come upon another one."

Said Scott Reder: "We embraced. We just wept. What can you do?"

South Dakota's cattle were still in summer pastures when the blizzard hit. They had not grown out their winter coats. The animals were fully exposed to blinding snow and 70 mile per hour winds. Some wandered for miles before collapsing and suffocating in snow drifts.

"The day after the storm I started counting cattle that were dead of ours and I got sick to my stomach," Scott Reder said.

He lost 200 animals, nearly half of his herd. Other ranchers lost everything.

"My biggest fear is that the people that lost livestock won't be able to recover," Scott Reder said. "You pray for them and you hope that they get guidance and have the ability to dig out of that, but that's a big hole."

Scott Reder
/ CBS News

Ranchers can't report their losses to the Agriculture Department because government offices are closed. And relief programs that might offer help are part of a farm bill that has been delayed by congressional gridlock.

"It affects not only the ranchers but it affects the business people," Scott Reder said. "It's just such a large trickle effect. It's gonna be seen for a long time to come in this area."

As devastating as this is here consumers probably will not see a big increase in beef prices because South Dakota provides only a fraction of the nation's supply. But the Reder family's loss already exceeds $250,000.

If you would like to help the ranchers, you can donate here.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Think meat prices are high now just wait a few months.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003701 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Whoopi Goldberg on 43-year-old Roman Polanski raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old girl: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and when they let him out he was like "You know what this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail I'm not staying, so that's why he left."
And these are the self-proclaimed 'smart' people.
How many Republican politicians have been tarred and feathered for saying something that stupid about "rape-rape"?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003702 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't understand?
I understand they wanted New Jersey to go under while demonizing Chris Christie.

I think I understand better than you.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1003704 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to let pass, except maybe your lie. For some reason you think that if they don't mention polls according to your schedule, they are trying to hide something...or you are so brainwashed by all the loony left wing sites you visit that you think polls are breaking news.
Funny, Sonic often uses 'american conservative' as a reference.

Are they a loony left wing site??

Pat Buchanan is a loony left winger??

Or are you just whining again??

""In 2002 The American Conservative was founded by Scott McConnell, Patrick Buchanan, and Taki Theodoracopulos in opposition to the Iraq War. "The idea of The American Conservative was that there were enough who disagreed with mainstream conservatism—libertarians, paleoconservatives, and civil libertarian conservatives, among other dissenters—to warrant such a publication. While other conservative magazines like the National Review and The Weekly Standard marched more or less in lockstep with the Bush Administration, The American Conservative argued for a different course—sometimes with greater ferocity than the major political magazines on the left.""

----------

Speaking of loony, how ya been??
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003705 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, is today special?

Poll: Republicans losing no-win game

All of Washington’s elected leaders earn negative marks for handling budget negotiations, but the public’s ire toward Republicans in Congress has hardened quicker than disapproval of President Obama and Democrats through a fortnight of failed negotiations.

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds nearly three quarters of Americans disapprove of the way Republicans in Congress are handling negotiations over the budget (74 percent), up from 63 percent since the start of the shutdown after hitting 70 percent last week. Disapproval of congressional Democrats has also risen by a smaller amount — 56 to 61 percent — since the shutdown began, owing in large part to greater approval among fellow Democrats.

Political independents are the most frustrated: 58 percent of independents disapprove of Obama, 68 percent are unhappy with congressional Democrats and 76 percent disapprove of congressional Republicans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003706 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I understand they wanted New Jersey to go under while demonizing Chris Christie.
I think I understand better than you.
Don't you guys eat in <cough> Hawaii?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1003707 Oct 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime thinks all women are sluts who sleep their way to the top...like he porked the office girl at his used car lot...
"John Galt"
No way "realslime" porked a girl. He lacks the tool to be a man.
Peace

Location hidden

#1003708 Oct 14, 2013
flack wrote:
100,000 cattle feared dead after early South Dakota snowstorm
By
Manuel Bojorquez
Scroll Left Scroll Right
Cattle ranchers hit hardest in S.D. blizzardplay Cattle ranchers hit hardest in S.D. blizzard
Giant burial pits have been dug in the Black Hills of South Dakota-- for cattle lost in a surprise snowstorm 10 days ago.
As many as 100,000 head are feared dead and financial losses may be as high as $1.25 million dollars. The federal government shutdown has only made things worse.
Nothing could prepare Scott Reder and his wife, Angela, for what the melting snow has revealed.
There were places where there were dead cows for as far as the eye could see.
"After a while you almost get numb," Angela Reder said. "You come upon another one and you come upon another one."
Said Scott Reder: "We embraced. We just wept. What can you do?"
South Dakota's cattle were still in summer pastures when the blizzard hit. They had not grown out their winter coats. The animals were fully exposed to blinding snow and 70 mile per hour winds. Some wandered for miles before collapsing and suffocating in snow drifts.
"The day after the storm I started counting cattle that were dead of ours and I got sick to my stomach," Scott Reder said.
He lost 200 animals, nearly half of his herd. Other ranchers lost everything.
"My biggest fear is that the people that lost livestock won't be able to recover," Scott Reder said. "You pray for them and you hope that they get guidance and have the ability to dig out of that, but that's a big hole."
Scott Reder
/ CBS News
Ranchers can't report their losses to the Agriculture Department because government offices are closed. And relief programs that might offer help are part of a farm bill that has been delayed by congressional gridlock.
"It affects not only the ranchers but it affects the business people," Scott Reder said. "It's just such a large trickle effect. It's gonna be seen for a long time to come in this area."
As devastating as this is here consumers probably will not see a big increase in beef prices because South Dakota provides only a fraction of the nation's supply. But the Reder family's loss already exceeds $250,000.
If you would like to help the ranchers, you can donate here.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Think meat prices are high now just wait a few months.
Yes, I saw that on the CBS Evening News.

And yet, the nitwit brigade on here has said the shutdown didn't hurt anyone.

Didn't matter, according to Dweeb and Nobraina. We don't need the Gov't, they say.

The disaster you mention proves that to be a complete lie.

The Government has a purpose, just ask these ranchers in South Dakota.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003709 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you guys eat in <cough> Hawaii?
Spell it out son.....

Spokane, WA

#1003711 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You mean that TV he purchased with his subsidized pay check?
"real dumb"
You are the expert on receiving subsidized paychecks. 20+ years in the military or so you say, pay subsidized n=by the taxpayer. 35 years or so of collecting military retirement, also subsidized by tax dollars. 15 years collecting Social Security. You are the king of moochers and that is just echoing what you post.
Peace
KMA
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1003712 Oct 14, 2013
In a very real sense, the Texas Republican who is most responsible for the current stalemate may not be Ted Cruz, but George W. Bush. In 2005, Republicans held the White House. They held both houses of Congress. Republican appointees entered the Supreme Court. The GOP enjoyed a 55-45 Senate majority.

Aside from the confirmation of John Roberts and Samuel Alito, conservatives have very little to show for this period of unified Republican control of the federal government. And after the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare with Roberts’s vote, that confirmation has begun to look like a mixed blessing at best.

Even before Bush, the Republican Congress was more interested in pork barrel, earmarks, and K Street favors than cutting government spending. After Bush, discretionary spending grew faster than it did under Bill Clinton. The biggest new entitlement program since LBJ’s Great Society was added to the federal budget. Another Cabinet-level department was created.

Level-headed Republicans would counter that the worst of this happened a decade or more ago.(Indeed, that is the timeline for No Child Left Behind, the Medicare prescription drug benefit, and worst of all the Iraq war.) Denny Hastert and Tom DeLay are gone. Why take it all out on John Boehner and Mitch McConnell?

But the Wall Street bailout wasn’t ten years ago. Neither was the decision to renege on the $100 billion in spending cuts Republicans promised in 2010. It was fairly obvious that many Republicans hoped the Tea Party would follow past waves of conservative activism: it would help the GOP win elections and without being overly concerned about the process of actually governing.

But the Tea Party activists were not satisfied. Instead they made an ever-growing list of demands that the Republicans—controlling just one house of Congress—were in no position to deliver on. In the 1990s, Newt Gingrich demonstrated the limits of trying to govern the country from the House. And he had a Republican Senate and a Democratic president willing to play ball on some conservative issues.

As the Republicans produced fewer meaningful conservative policy outcomes, they spoke in ever shriller tones about the stakes of each election. Large parts of the base believed them, but then did a surprising thing: they began to ask questions when Republicans didn’t govern accordingly.

So when even so conservative a Republican as Tom Coburn says the Obamacare defunding gambit is unlikely to work, conservatives see another sellout on the way. When Cruz wants to fight, no one has the credibility to argue that avoiding this battle is a matter of prudence, not surrender.

When Republicans had power, they did little for conservatives. Now conservatives expect much from Republicans, even when they have little power.

The good news is conservative activists are keeping Republicans from repeating the Bush-league mistakes of the past. The bad news is they are making a whole set of new ones.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Spokane, WA

#1003713 Oct 14, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
"dumos"
"nutsucker" leaves and you appear. Same ole same ole.
Peace
KMA

Since: Oct 09

over here <-------->

#1003714 Oct 14, 2013
Get Real wrote:
Is Obama a Dictator or dick taster ?
The former is confirmed, the latter is suspected......

Location hidden

#1003715 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Whoopi Goldberg on 43-year-old Roman Polanski raping and sodomizing a 13-year-old girl: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape. He went to jail and when they let him out he was like "You know what this guy's going to give me a hundred years in jail I'm not staying, so that's why he left."
Joy Behar??

Whoopi Goldberg??

Not reaching too much, are you Gunner??

What does the comments of TV Comedians have to do with this thread??

Or is it just more of the usual Gunner bullshit??

Of course. You haven't changed a bit. You have nothing useful to say. Just your simplistic stupidity.

Location hidden

#1003716 Oct 14, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
No way "realslime" porked a girl. He lacks the tool to be a man.
Peace
And you know this how, you little perv??

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003717 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Spell it out son.....
E A T

Maybe you should invest in the English version of Rosetta Stone.

Location hidden

#1003718 Oct 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
BTW, show us where these people ever proclaimed themselves to be the 'smart people'.

C'mon, you said it. Now you can prove it or admit you're just a scumbag.

Or is it that to you, everyone else appears smart??

Yeah, I thought so.

Spokane, WA

#1003719 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time we all think you can't get any dumber you somehow prove us wrong, lily said no such thing and Obama had no choice in the matter. You come on here and make up your own version of what someone says or doesn't say but only the ones you don't agree with[which is all of the demcrats] yet you profess to have an open mind while claiming to be an Independent...LIAR...big time.....Which to me is believable as it's way more than obvious there is a huge gaping hole in that fat head.
"poop"
the boy president nobama could find a good number of millions to launch an unauthorized attack on Libya. Why could he not find a few bucks so American's could could meet their military hero's when they came home? Both expenditures would come out of the military budget.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min GOP 51,580
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheftell 69,138
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 185,149
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr orange 71,562
Arlington Heights woman charged with psychic-se... (Dec '08) 2 hr Kyle 27
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Just Saying 54,548
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr Moon Rhythm 5,088
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News