Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
921,941 - 921,960 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#1003381 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't think Democrats ever lose elections or the Congress? Republicans didn't treat them like they were irrelevant and passed a major partisan law without giving them any input or having one of them on board. That has never happened - at least not to my knowledge and I've been following politics for four decades now.
I don't even recall the present bullying ever being the case by former Democrats who were elected in the past.
How old are you anyway? Because I can assure you, we are NOT in Kansas anymore.
So Your theory is " it's never been done before so, that makes it illegal " even though the drafting &, signing of the ACA were done by the letter of the law! Is that what you're saying? Are you saying that you're founding fathers had it wrong when they constructed each body of gov't &, the power it holds? You're whining & making excuses for the lack of America's supporting your side &, their " rich white first" ideology. It took a while but, the American population is starting to see, equality is better for this country, not the myth of equality. In all fairness, reading minorities equal will solve both the crime rate &, unemployment problems. For Christ sake, you people don't even want to raise the minimum wage, knowing that each time it's been done, the economy has prospered as a result!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1003382 Oct 14, 2013
DEM OBAMA DEFAULT USA wrote:
Reneging on its debt obligations would make the U.S. the first major Western government to default since Nazi Germany 80 years ago.
Germany unilaterally ceased payments on long-term borrowings on May 6, 1933, three months after Adolf Hitler was installed as Chancellor. The default helped cement Hitler’s power base following years of political instability as the Weimar Republic struggled with its crushing debts.
Enlarge image U.S. Risks Joining 1933 Germany in Pantheon of Deadbeat Defaults
Failure by the world’s biggest economy to pay its debt in an interconnected, globalized world risks an array of devastating consequences that could lay waste to stock markets from Brazil to Zurich. Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg
“These are generally catastrophic economic events,” said Professor Eugene N. White, an economics historian at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.“There is no happy ending.”
The debt reparations piled onto Germany, which in 1913 was the world’s third-biggest economy, sparked the hyperinflation, borrowings and political deadlock that brought the Nazis to power, and the default. It shows how excessive debt has capricious results, such as the civil war and despotism that ravaged Florence after England’s Edward III refused to pay his obligations from the city-state’s banks in 1339, and the Revolution of 1789 that followed the French Crown’s defaults in 1770 and 1788.
Failure by the world’s biggest economy to pay its debt in an interconnected, globalized world risks an array of devastating consequences that could lay waste to stock markets from Brazil to Zurich and bring the $5 trillion market in Treasury-backed loans to a halt. Borrowing costs would soar, the dollar’s role as the world’s reserve currency would be in doubt and the U.S. and world economies would risk plunging into recession -- and potentially depression.
Members of the Tea Party should be soooo proud of themselves for bringing America to its knees. NOT. If this was the old west, the universal cry would be "Hang 'em high"!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1003383 Oct 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like the states to have full control over these issues and I would like to see Fed taxes reduced with States obtaining more.
I would have responded to him but sometimes I've just dealt with his dumb ass enough. My solution:$0.20 consumption tax. No other taxes. None! Split this way.$0.12 local,$0.07 state, and $0.03 federal. If you can't run the three different governments with the money they receive then cut the government till you can. Then cut it some more. We need to get back to the way the founders envisioned. The most power at the local level. Local politicians are more reachable by the people.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1003384 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm just going to be as blunt as I can. It's the only way you'll get this.
Men who love women don't stick cigars in women's vaginas to avoid having a "presidential love child".
Men who love women don't take pictures of their penises and send them to woman behind their wives' back.
Men who love women don't have mistresses and love children when their wife is dying of cancer.
You think killing the unborn is all about women's rights. You should move to Saudi Arabia or Syria.
How sad for you.
That's some real funny chit babe.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1003385 Oct 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> (1) Anybody over 65 nothing would change. On a sliding scale people would be encouraged to save the tax money now being removed from their paycheck now. Most people couldn't tell you how much is removed from their paycheck so they wouldn't miss it anyway. With people saving at least a third of their paycheck every pay period you would have to get rid of the estate tax. One of the biggest problems is the democrat/progressives need to confiscate wealth. If the people are no longer poor why would they need them. I may go into this more later.
(2)The truly disabled will always be taken care of. Notice I said truly disabled.
(3) Unemployment is due to the tax and other policies of the government. Getting the government off the backs of small business and corporation will free them to do what they do. Grow and prosper. New businesses will spring up. Government is the problem. Not the solution.
(4) Your dislike of the Fair Tax is irrational. You would stop the poor people being lifted out of poverty because some rich guy might make a dollar. Just remember this. What hurts the big guy hurts the small guy more. With the fair tax the US would become the largest tax haven in the world. Money would flow here in the billions. We would have to import a million people a year to keep up with job growth.
So what happens when their money runs out? Do they starve on the street? Maybe a bad investment. Maybe a medical emergency wipes them out.

As you take away SS & Medicare funding in your sliding scale, how do you fund those on SS & Medicare? You just took that funding & put it into some one's account.

Your fairtax s a dream made up by rich people & corporations. You just gave them huge tax breaks. Who makes up for those loses?

Location hidden

#1003386 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back on your meds idiot.
His recent absence was probably due to the fact that he was on a 5150 hold at the local psychiatric ward.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003387 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A new HuffPost/YouGov poll shows that both sides are losing as far as public opinion on who's responsible.
According to the survey, 25% of Americans think the two sides are equally responsible for the government shutdown, while 36% place more blame on Republicans in Congress and 33% place more blame on President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/05/gove...
That's only a 3% margin and Obama's approval is in the tank at 37%.
Probably not a good idea to be too confident too soon.
Sounds far more like you are whistling as you pass the cemetery again.The top always gets blamed more,but anyone with an IQ over most baggers know just who the real culprits are. Thats an easy call. except of course you morons.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1003388 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's a "black thang", Realtime. That's why there are more black Republicans now than when Obama was elected.
How does it feel to be so clueless and a race baiter to boot?
The old and reliable 'because he's black'- repeated ad nauseam, always without any real thought or effort to be either truthful OR original.

In other words, a real yawner.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003389 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem so proud of your very misleading stats. How about the real ones..DUMBO.
States receiving the most in federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are as follows.
1 D.C.$6.17 2 N. Dakota $2.03 3 N Mexico $1.89 4 Mississippi $1.84 5 Alaska $1.82 6 W.Va.$1.74 7 Montana $1.64 8 Alabama $1.61 9 S. Dakota $1.59 10 Arkansas $1.53.
Now the states that receive the least in federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid. 1 N Jersey $0.62 2 Connecticut $0.64 3 N Hampshire $0.68 4 Nevada $ 0.73 5 Illinois $ 077 6 Colorado $0.79 7 Massachusetts $0.79 8 Calif.$0.81 9 New York $0.81.... 79% of the states receiving the least spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are "BLUE" states. Suck on that DUMBO.
Hey where did Carol and Whatever go on this one????
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003390 Oct 14, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
His recent absence was probably due to the fact that he was on a 5150 hold at the local psychiatric ward.
lol.

Location hidden

#1003391 Oct 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Truckers, by their very nature, work for a living. Unlike slacker libtards who leech off of them. Remember libtards, without out a trucker you wouldn't get your booze or or any of the other stuff your food stamps buys you.
Duck and run from the truth. Typical Republican...when cornered by truth, resort to personal attacks.

Of course truckers work for a living. That is the very reason everyone predicted the protest would be a BUST.

FACT: The "Great Big Trucker Siege of Washington DC" touted by Republicans as a massive attack against Obama policies was a BUST and Republicans, once again, are left with egg on their face.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003392 Oct 14, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
For DemocRATS, illegals are more important than veterans that risked their lives for their freedom.
Your concern for us veterans is so very fake and hypocritical, but par for the course for baggers. Who use and then discard.
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

#1003393 Oct 14, 2013
Take two bullets to the head and call me in the morning!

Location hidden

#1003394 Oct 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
A poor person doesn't have a cell phone.
A poor person doesn't have the money to buy alcohol and drugs and tatoos and stolen guns.
A poor person doesn't have the luxury of bing idle all day and playing basketball at midnight.
Billion dollar drug cartels don't sell drugs in poor neighborhoods because there's no money in poor neighborhoods.
... etc., etc., etc.
There are no poor people in the United States. There are more beds and meals waiting than there are homeless.
If you don't want to be what you call "poor", do these things:
1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job and show up for work every day on time.
5) Do what you're paid to do while you're at work.
If you do the above 5 things, you will never be what you call "poor". You will have everything you're trying to take from the people who did the above 5 things.
What is needed is a community organizer that can lead people to do the above 5 things and become a successful part of the economy.
Offhand, I can't think of anyone who has done that.
<spam>

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1003395 Oct 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What? Two or three blacks that found the conversion helpful in finding their fifteen minutes. Mutts like Lloyd Marcus don't count babe.
Meanwhile, millions of Republicans are cancelling their membership because they can't stomach "your kind."
Translation: Blacks like Marcus who don't toe the liberal line are the real n*****s, ain't that right, PBM <wink, wink>?

Was it you who posted yesterday that you were an "R"? LMAO! Who the feck are you trying to kid?

Oh, like most of your posts, your last sentence is nothing but unsubstantiated blather.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1003396 Oct 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What? Two or three blacks that found the conversion helpful in finding their fifteen minutes. Mutts like Lloyd Marcus don't count babe.
Meanwhile, millions of Republicans are cancelling their membership because they can't stomach "your kind."
Most on the right pretended to love old Herman Cain, then when he fell out of favor he was never heard from again. Proving only that the right has absolutely no allegiance but to power and greed. The Independents are the ones that win election and the baggers are losing bad there. Carol spend most of her day whistling and hoping.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003397 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Who's dumb?

The Government made your intellect...and they can take it away!

Obama care...made by the Feds!!!!
Taxes....made by the Feds!!!!
When the Government saw that da Peeple were lonely dey created Prostitutes!
The government created crackheads!!!
They created diapers...so that you could crap your pants when they sent you to the moon!

"Portland Development Commission lays off 15 employees: Portland City Hall Roundup"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1003398 Oct 14, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey where did Carol and Whatever go on this one????
How did you get that info...

"Due to the lapse in government funding, census.gov sites, services, and all online survey collection requests will be unavailable until further notice.

Updates regarding government operating status and resumption of normal operations can be found at < usa.gov >.

Websites affected by this shutdown are all census.gov hosted websites"

http://www.census.gov/

Liar!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1003399 Oct 14, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I would have responded to him but sometimes I've just dealt with his dumb ass enough. My solution:$0.20 consumption tax. No other taxes. None! Split this way.$0.12 local,$0.07 state, and $0.03 federal. If you can't run the three different governments with the money they receive then cut the government till you can. Then cut it some more. We need to get back to the way the founders envisioned. The most power at the local level. Local politicians are more reachable by the people.
I agree, bring control back to the local level.

I am fed up with the federal government thinking all spending bills are a reward system for those who give to their party.

Location hidden

#1003400 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
"A negotiations involve both sides presenting what they want.
What you are calling a demand from one side is what the other may call a demand coming from them.
The way it works.." - whatever
There is no way she will be able to comprehend that the House budget is nothing more than a list of their demands. Common sense and comprehension abilities just don't exist in her little head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 44 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE