Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460465 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1004027 Oct 15, 2013
Republicans should let ObamaCare crash and burn

Hospitals are shedding staff, and insurers are still pulling out of markets, both phenomena will exacerbate consumers' "access shock" in places like California and New Hampshire.

In Massachusetts -- the state-level laboratory for Obamacare -- an acute doctor shortage is becoming more severe, raising access concerns.

Obamacare expands this issue on a national scale.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1004028 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is hard for Grey. The new insurance premiums have increase payments and high deductibles.
lol! Speaking of reality, have you found your 44% source son?

It's still mia!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1004029 Oct 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I asked about this at the DMV in Wisconsin last week because I had to purchase a sticker for my plates. The guy there said that not in the State of Wisconsin they will not be able to take away your stuff, but in Illinois because they have what they call "Home Rule" they will be able to confiscate what ever they see fit. Interesting, democrat controlled Illinois plays by different rules.
That is very interesting. I wonder what my state's stance is.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1004030 Oct 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The night shift is even worse; then all the racist nutjobs have a free for all.
Bill Clinton:
If I were the president, I wouldn't negotiate over these draconian cuts that are gonna take food off the table of low-income working people, while they leave all the agricultural subsidies in for high-income farmers and everything else," Clinton said. "It's chilling to me."
During his time in office, Clinton shamed the Republican Party for the government shutdowns they endured. Clinton celebrated the end of "the era of big government" in his 1996 State of the Union address, and presented Congress with a challenge:
"Never, ever shut the federal government down again."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/15/bill...
Bill Clinton shamed the entire nation and sold out the American people for what? Clinton soiled the blue dress, himself, G-d only knows how many other women, the Constitution, the public trust and the Presidency itself.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1004031 Oct 15, 2013
The San Francisco Chronicle has discovered a brilliant method of lowering one's healthcare costs under the new law: Earn less money.

To come out ahead under this scheme, individuals or families would have to reduce their income to the point that it dips below the maximum threshold for government assistance.

What a message that sends.

Work less, earn less, get more from Uncle Sam, er...I mean hard-working taxpayers.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1004032 Oct 15, 2013
flack wrote:
Interview With George Soros:'Greece Can Never Pay Back Its Debt'
By Gregor Peter Schmitz in Brussels
REUTERS
Should Greece have a large part of its debt waived? Absolutely, says George Soros, otherwise the country will never recover. The billionaire investor also warns about the rise of extremist parties if Germany does not change its policies towards Europe.
Legendary US investor George Soros has called for comprehensive debt relief for Greece. "Everyone knows that it can never pay back its debt," he said in an interview with SPIEGEL ONLINE. Greece is close to a primary budget surplus after a lot of pain and suffering, says Soros, whose speculation against the pound forced the UK to withdraw from the Exchange Rate Mechanism in 1992.
ANZEIGE
"If the official sector could forgo repayment as long as Greece meets the conditions imposed by the troika [of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), European Central Bank (ECB) and European Commission]," Soros added, "private capital would return and Greece could rapidly recover. I can testify from personal experience that investors would flock to Greece once the debt overhang is removed."
Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has also recently called for a new round of debt relief for his country. "What is important to me is not to procrastinate too much for a solution," he said. But the German government in particular rejects a writedown of Greek government debt. At most, it wants to discuss lower interest rates and longer loan maturities -- measures that many economists do not regard as being sufficient to solve the problems.
In addition, the German head of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) permanent bailout fund, Klaus Regling, pointed out that debt write-downs are prohibited under ESM rules. The majority of Greece's debt is now held by public institutions, i.e. the IMF, the ECB and other EU member states. If these debts have to be written off, the cost wil be met by taxypayers.
Soros recognizes this problem: "The official sector cannot write down its debt because that would violate a number of taboos, particularly for the ECB." These issues, however, could be surmounted under German leadership.
And if any country were to recognize how such an approach could work, he argued, it was Germany, which "ought to remember that it has benefited from debt writedowns three times, with the Dawes Plan, the Young Plan and in connection with the Marshall Plan."
On the other hand, French insistence on war reparation payments after World War I led to the rise of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis: "The Golden Dawn in Greece is a similar development."
If German Chancellor Angela Merkel does not change her policies towards Europe, Soros said, then her victory in last month's election would be a mere "Pyrrhic victory".
He added: "The situation that emerged from the crisis is neither tolerable nor stable...The current situation is not the result of an evil German plot. But Germany cannot escape the responsibilities and liabilities that go with that role. Germany must learn to act as a benign hegemon. Doing so would earn Germany the lasting gratitude of the other countries that are currently subordinated to it, just as the United States earned the lasting alliance of Europe with the Marshall Plan." Failure to do so, he warned, would lead to the disintegration and eventual breakdown of the European Union.
"Many nations have lived through nightmares and survived.
Interesting concept.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004033 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, that explains a lot.
Old flack is full of useless info...I'm surprised he didn't associate dry ice with the end of time..
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1004034 Oct 15, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I asked about this at the DMV in Wisconsin last week because I had to purchase a sticker for my plates. The guy there said that not in the State of Wisconsin they will not be able to take away your stuff, but in Illinois because they have what they call "Home Rule" they will be able to confiscate what ever they see fit. Interesting, democrat controlled Illinois plays by different rules.
The DMV guy??? ROFLMAO

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1004035 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If the only alternative is the government, then it really doesn't matter how well it works. The people will have no other choice.
That is the end-game the Democrats are working toward.
Machiavelli described the Democrats' agenda very well.
Your ghosts in the TV are making you even more insane!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1004036 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, that explains a lot.
Just like fertilizer it can be bought over the counter. I will be getting some dry ice for the Halloween party coming up.

Location hidden

#1004037 Oct 15, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fraud pretending to be something he's not and promoting the radical Democrat agenda.
Is anyone surprised?
And you're too stupid to see the irony in your calling someone else a fraud!!

You've been that and more since your arrival here, straight from the Birfer thread!!

Better straighten out those ghosts in your TV. Seems they're the frauds!!

HAHAHAHHAA
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1004038 Oct 15, 2013
We're witnessing more premium shock for average people. From The Chicago Tribune

Another example of some additional victims of the president's "Affordable" Care Act:

Adam Weldzius, a nurse practitioner, considers himself better informed than most when it comes to the inner workings of health insurance. But even he wasn’t prepared for the pocketbook hit he’ll face next year under President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul.

If the 33-year-old single father wants the same level of coverage next year as what he has now with the same insurer and the same network of doctors and hospitals, his monthly premium of $233 will more than double.

If he wants to keep his monthly payments in check, the Carpentersville resident is looking at an annual deductible for himself and his 7-year-old daughter of $12,700, a more than threefold increase from $3,500 today.

“I believe everybody should be able to have health insurance, but at the same time, I’m being penalized. And for what?” said Weldzius...a Tribune analysis shows that 21 of the 22 lowest-priced plans offered on the Illinois health insurance exchange for Cook Countyhave annual deductibles of more than $4,000 for an individual and $8,000 for family coverage.

Those deductibles, which represent the out-of-pocket money consumers must spend on health care before most insurance benefits kick in, are higher than what many consumers expected or may be able to stomach, benefit experts said.

Premium shock is only one part of the puzzle. Out-of-pocket sticker shock is just as pernicious, and just as unaffordable for many working families.

What did Nancy say, "Let's pass the bill to find out what's in." LOL
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1004039 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice!
Jesus doesn't care about how many Bible verses you have memorized;
He cares about how you treat people.
Dems- keep religion out of politics EXCEPT when Dems attempt to use it force unpopular policies onto a public. Another FAIL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1004040 Oct 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The 18th Amendment was also a law. It was repealed because it, too, caused more problems than it solved.
Repealing this law is not completely out of the question for the same reasons eventually.
The Citizen's United ruling is also a law that should be repealed son.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004041 Oct 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews are actually very smart and talented.
They're just confused about being loyal to the wrong ideology. Not sure why. The Democratic Party isn't what it used to be. Perhaps they are still in denial?
SOOOO tell us all when you voted Democratic last????People like you will say and twist anything in order to pretend to be open minded or for anyone to take you seriously. Not happening.

Location hidden

#1004042 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama states there will be NO negotiations going up against all logic and reason as debt ceilings and budgets have always been negotiated.
The Dems lied to their followers by claiming anything else would happen other than negotiating a deal.
No big Rep fracture that navel gazers predicted which would allow Obama's no negotiation work. It lacked any reasonability that such would happen as both moderates and cons oppose unlimited government spending in both parties.
Poll: Republicans' Handling Of Shutdown Gets Low Marks From 3 Out Of 4 Americans

""Nearly three-quarters of Americans disapprove of Republicans' handling of the budget crisis, according to an ABC/Washington Post poll released Monday.

Disapproval of the GOP, which has risen steadily since just before the government shutdown began, is now at 74 percent, up 11 points from late September.

A majority of Americans are also discontented with Democrats' role in the budget negotiations. But disapproval ratings for Democrats in Congress and for President Barack Obama, both of which started at a lower level than disapproval of Republicans in Congress, have remained largely unchanged in the past two weeks. Sixty-one percent of Americans now dislike congressional Democrats' handling of the crisis, while 53 percent dislike Obama's. Those are rises of only 5 points and 3 points, respectively, from before the shutdown began.""

----------

You have a right to an opinion, even if it is pure bullspit!!

And that's all ya gots!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1004043 Oct 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:

<quoted text>
Sure. We have a cadre of regulars here, most all of whom have been here for years. Some change their names regularly, like Nobraina/Galt and Whatever/JasonJay and Carol/Lorac/Battie Lou/Lois Lame. But they're readily identifiable.
You really think new folks suddenly show up in Aug 13 and have knowledge of everyone here like Ray/Gunner does?? Plus, his routine is the same. Easily impeached ignorance, just like Gunner of old.
Get real. Even you can't be that stupid.
But wait, maybe you can be that stupid.
More likely, you're playing a diversion for your old buddy Gunner.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Emam:

you claimed to have read posts from "ray Donovan" prior to last election. Link to them.

hahaha

OMG you're dumber than a rock

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1004044 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice!
Jesus doesn't care about how many Bible verses you have memorized;
He cares about how you treat people.
Don't recall one scripture where Jesus behooved Cesar to give to the poor and love people like he loved himself.

He said pay your taxes to Cesar, give to the poor out of your own compassion and love "YOUR" neighbor as "YOUR"self.

Also, don't recall a scripture where Jesus told us to live off of the backs of other people and give more money to Cesar so they can.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1004045 Oct 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just like fertilizer it can be bought over the counter. I will be getting some dry ice for the Halloween party coming up.
WOW a bunch of bagger drunken clowns playing with dry ice....Maybe just maybe.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1004046 Oct 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems- keep religion out of politics EXCEPT when Dems attempt to use it force unpopular policies onto a public. Another FAIL
You're in the dummie club with eman. How is it even possible to be this stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr District 1 231,241
Chicagoland bartenders and waitresses NEVER hug... 5 hr Tourism warning 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Dudley 7,968
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,977
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Are democrats destroyed? 9 hr enter username 17

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages