Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278821 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1003608 Oct 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, left up to me, American would look like how it is described in the Constitution, moron.
It's the Democrats that are turning it into something like an African village.
(I do think I'm the only one here that has actually lived in the jungles of Africa and qualified to make that comparison.)
Problem is, You want to impose the Russian Constitution on us.

Your love of Communist KGB murderer Putin proves the point.

Your talking to ghosts in your TV proves you to be a lunatic!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1003609 Oct 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "liability" is relevant because I said that the CBO said unfunded liabilities did not exist in looking ahead for SS & Medicare.
A funded budget would one where all the spending is funded through things like taxation.
When looking at a particular budget, if it has a deficit it is not funded. The government may have had the ability to tax, it obviously did not tax enough to cover all the expenses.
Give it up, Eman. You lost this argument 3 posts ago.
you can always tell when dumbass Dave realizes he just lost an argument. He'll tell you to "give it up".

Location hidden

#1003610 Oct 14, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>namE, always the idiot. Of course, white trash and redneck are both derogatory names for poorer whites who did not own slaves to work their crops for them. It was a term used by richer whites--just what's racist about that, Mittens?
Stupid Emaam is desperate.

""By 1855 the term had passed into common usage by upper class whites, and was common usage among all Southerners, regardless of race, throughout the rest of the 19th century."
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#1003611 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I'd be no different than you putting 100% of the blame on Republicans.
The polls are likely pretty accurate. Obama and Democrats are getting as much of the blame as Republicans.
Let's just leave it at that.
That's a total lie.
Obama takes the least blame in EVERY poll, and the GOP beats the Dems in the blame game.
You lise.
Your oarty is full of circus clowns.

Location hidden

#1003612 Oct 14, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime thinks all women are sluts who sleep their way to the top...like he porked the office girl at his used car lot...
Nobraina sticks to young boys.

He wears his priest collar and trolls playgrounds.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003613 Oct 14, 2013
Yeah wrote:
lol! Poor cons they rigged the voting!!!
The nazis are beginning to take over!!!!
http://www.examiner.com/article/on-october-1s...
On October 1st, House Republicans rigged House rules to hamstring Democrats (Video)
Comment
See also
Democrat
Eric Cantor
Senate Bill
Play
The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice
The GOP's little rule change they hoped you wouldn't notice (YouTube)
Julie DriscollChicago Liberal Examiner
Subscribe
Follow:
Related Photo:
A very uneasy Jason Chaffetz responds to Chris van Hollen&#039;s &quot;parliamentary inquiry&quot;
YouTube
October 13, 2013
Although most of the moves House Republicans have been making to completely wreck the country, attempt to foist unrealistic and unpalatable demands down the throats of the White House and Democrats, and crash the global economy, a sneaky little maneuver by House Republicans somehow managed to stay below the radar. But Democratic Rep. Chris van Hollen blew it wide open (see video). Van Hollen's closing comment - "I think democracy has been suspended, Mr. Speaker" - is reminiscent of the comment made by Joseph Welch during the Joseph McCarthy hearings, "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
The answer to that, in 1954, and now, in 2013, is a resounding, "No." There is no sense of decency to be found among Republicans. And this spear in the heart of the Democratic process by House Republicans proves that as little else can.
The "Clause" this and "Rule" that and "advisory opinion" over there is a little confusing, but the upshot is that on October 1st, House Republicans quietly trashed the Standing Rule of the House - which permitted any member, Republican or Democrat, to bring a motion to the floor - and instead passed a resolution allowing only House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, or his designee, to bring a motion to the floor.
how many of you idiots are going to try and ride this dead horse? Rules are changed by the ruling party all the time, get over it.

Location hidden

#1003614 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you're tolerant of the most powerful man in the world exploiting a subordinate just because she's infatuated with him but are intolerant of someone who is just suspected of being gay?
Do I have that right?
And you got a heart from a judge-it for that obvious implication?
Just suspected??

He was arrested and pled guilty. He hoped he could keep it quiet.

Then he tried to withdraw his plea.

He left the Senate in shame. Is that the sign of a 'suspected man'??

that's as blindingly stupid as your 'Saddam moved his WMD's to Syria'.

Where's your proof??

You're cra-cra!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#1003615 Oct 14, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing you've posted negates the facts. All you've proven is, red states incomes have increased &, blue states increased at a much slower rate. Doesn't change the facts. Facts are facts &, the facts are, only 1 blue state received more from the govt than it received &, nearly all red states receives more from the govt than they put into it. Look that up, then respond!
Now, why do you feel like the founding fathers were wrong in the way they constructed the 3 bodies of gov't &, the powers they have each branch? In pushing the ACA, the dems did nothing wrong in how they drafted, pushed &, passed the bill. If you people felt so right about your convictions, you'd allow the process &, watch it blow up in the dems faces. Bodes well for y'all, don't you think?
It's funny to see Carol suck up to Dweeb, easily the biggest nitwit on Topix!!

I wonder if Carol talks to ghosts in her TV, as does Dweeb.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#1003616 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know who Machiavelli is? Or that Obama's policies are very similar to the Marxist Manifesto?
Think your water level is too low.
Please give us an example, or admit you're a lying sack of excrement.

Tell us exactly how Obama's policies are like th eMArxist Manifesto.

Have you read it?? I dfidn't think so. You're just parroting the scumbag O'Reilly.

You proud of how he treated his wife when she asked for a divorce, having her taiiled, and trying to destroy the career of the cop she left him for??

How about his sexual harrassment of a youn g woman who worked for him?? Y'know, the one he paid $millions to keep her silent??

Shades of Monica Lewinsky??

This is like your lies about Michael Schiavo, which you ran away from when I proved you wrong.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003617 Oct 14, 2013
"Mr. Speaker," Maryland's Democrat Rep. Chris van Hollen addressed Republican Jason Chaffetz, House Speaker Pro Tempore, "Pursuant to Clause 4 of Rule 22, I move that the House take from the Speaker's table the Senate Amendment to the House Joint Resolution 59, recede from its amendment and concur in the Senate Amendment to open the government now."

Speaker Chaffetz: "Under Section 2 of House Resolution 368, that motion may be offered only by the Majority Leader or his designee."

van Hollen: "Parliamentary inquiry ... the Standing Rule of the House reads, Mr. Speaker,'When the stage of disagreement has been reached on a Bill or Resolution with House or Senate Amendments, a motion to dispose of any amendment shall be privileged.' Mr.Speaker, my question is, is this parliamentary status of the bill, does it meet the requirements of 22/4?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The House has altered that operation of that Standing Rule."

van Hollen: "... This Standing Rule of the House, which I have here, has been altered by the House, is that what the Speaker is saying?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The House adopted a resolution altering."

van Hollen: "Parliamentary inquiry, Mr.Speaker, when was that alteration made?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "House Resolution 368."

van Hollen: "House Resolution 368 ... Parliamentary Inquiry ... October 1st, resolved and Section 2 of that says any motion pursuant to Clause 4 of Rule 22 relating to the House Joint Resolution may be offered only by the Majority Leader or his designee, is that what you're referring to, Mr. Speaker?" (Emphasis added).

Speaker Chaffetz: "That is the resolution."

van Hollen: "So, Mr. Speaker ... Parliamentary Inquiry. H. Res. 368 changed the Standing Rules of the House to take away from any member of the House the privilege of calling up the Senate bill to immediately re-open the government, is that right?" (Emphasis added).

Speaker Chaffetz: "It did change the operation of the Standing Rule, right."

van Hollen: "So just, parliamentary inquiry, a privileged motion ... would have allowed any member of this House, Republican or Democrat, to call up the Senate bill to open the government, is that right?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The Chair did not give an advisory opinion on that."

van Hollen: "But Mr. Speaker, a privileged resolution as cited in Rule 22/4 of the Standing Rules of the House would allow any member of the House to offer that resolution, is that right?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The Chair will not give an advisory opinion."

van Hollen: " ... You just ... said that was changed so that it would no longer be a privileged motion for any member, but it would be exclusively the right of the Republican leader or his designee, am I right about that?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The House will follow House Resolution 368."

van Hollen: "... I want to be absolutely clear that H.Res 368 changed the Standing Rules of the House so that only the Republican leader or his designee ... Parliamentary Inquiry ... Is the majority leader or his designee ... on the floor of the House today? Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Speaker ... the Rules Committee under the Rules of the House changed the Standing Rules of the House to take away the right of any member to move to vote to open the government and gave that right exclusively to the Republican leader, is that right?"

Speaker Chaffetz: "The House adopted that Resolution."

van Hollen: "I make my motion, Mr. Speaker. I renew my motion that under the regular Standing Rules of the House, Clause 4, Rule 22, that the House take up the Senate Amendments and open the government now."

Speaker Chaffetz: "Under Section 2 of House Resolution 368 that motion may be offered only by the Majority Leader or his designee."

van Hollen: "Why were the rules rigged to keep the government shut down? Well, Mr. Speaker, I think democracy has been suspended, Mr. Speaker."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003618 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
just hit Redstate, Breitbart, The Daily Caller and FOX News. no mention of polls of any sort.
imagine that.
now for the truth

http://www.redstate.com/thelibertarian01/2013...

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/happening-now/b...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#1003619 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Obama and Reid are ready to stop playing their power grabbing game using us as pawns. They must have looked at recent polls.
If they did look at polls, they'd let the Repugnants suffer even more.

You never admit to losing, do you??

How about last Nov??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003620 Oct 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
how many of you idiots are going to try and ride this dead horse? Rules are changed by the ruling party all the time, get over it.
lol!

... the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1003621 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hold on and i'll check an even farther right nutjob site...
http://townhall.com/
will Palin nutjobbery suffice?
yeah, i know: Palin who?
wrong again

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/1...
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#1003622 Oct 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hold on and i'll check an even farther right nutjob site...
http://townhall.com/
will Palin nutjobbery suffice?
yeah, i know: Palin who?
What happened to thar imafriendlynegro site you linked? Day not friendly no no?

Location hidden

#1003623 Oct 14, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What subsidies? You still haven't identified any subsidies.
You also demonstrated you can't even define the word.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

It's a lunatic in TX, as well.

One that talks to ghosts in his TV!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
GOPidiots

Hollywood, FL

#1003624 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobraina sticks to young boys.
He wears his priest collar and trolls playgrounds.
Pedophilia, cross-dressing, and homosexuality are Nobraina's obsessions.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1003625 Oct 14, 2013
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Blanchard, OK

#1003626 Oct 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give us an example, or admit you're a lying sack of excrement.
Tell us exactly how Obama's policies are like th eMArxist Manifesto.
Have you read it?? I dfidn't think so. You're just parroting the scumbag O'Reilly.
You proud of how he treated his wife when she asked for a divorce, having her taiiled, and trying to destroy the career of the cop she left him for??
How about his sexual harrassment of a youn g woman who worked for him?? Y'know, the one he paid $millions to keep her silent??
Shades of Monica Lewinsky??
This is like your lies about Michael Schiavo, which you ran away from when I proved you wrong.
Liberal negros swear every whitey is a KKK Grand Wizard and they don't have to prove it...

Day jus thinks it an it b so....

Location hidden

#1003627 Oct 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Well, I'm already pooped again.
This is so much like work, think I'm going to jump on the gravy train, abuse the system, apply for Social Security and retire from topix.
Probably would get a check too.
You don't remember that you already admitted you 'retired' at 62 and are already collecting SS??

You admitted to it last week.

That's how to trap a liar. I watch what you say, then I watch you pretend you never said it or change your story.

Liars get trapped in their own web of lies. That's you, Carol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min Red_Forman 6,448
abby 9-4-15 23 min mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 31 min Red_Forman 5,431
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 36 min LEGALIZE 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,184
ask amy 9-4-15 45 min mrs gladys kravitz 6
News 11 things to do in Chicago over Labor Day Weekend 1 hr END THUG LIVES 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,678
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages