Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1002644 Oct 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I quote lily once again: ROTFLMAO
Baggers possess no sense of humor or the ability to laugh. Stone faced minions with greed and power as their only motive, and they prove over and over that they couldn't care less about the average American.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1002645 Oct 13, 2013
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Does blind ignorance propel dolts like you to misuse the preposition "to" when they mean to use the adverb "too" twice (two times, not "to" times)in the same sentence?
Is the wittle baby crying again??? There is no way to hide your misery and hatred, fatboy. I love it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1002646 Oct 13, 2013
tell_it_like_it_IS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your heads empty...thats why you are a Democrat...
This is what Benjamin had to say about Repubicans:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002647 Oct 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you going to believe? The NY Times or the Bureau of Labor and Statistics?
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
If you want to argue with government documented statistics, go right ahead. It's pointless...but go right ahead.
BLS stats....

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.

His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.

Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bus...

actually, the 3 million is incorrect.

"The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office."

We wanted to look at those numbers ourselves, so we turned to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, or BLS. Getting guidance on the data from BLS and using Excel spreadsheets, we discovered not only that Brown and the Democrats have been wrong, but also why.

It was a matter of timing.

BLS had only preliminary data on Bush’s final performance at the close of his second term, when the Wall Street Journal was doing its story. BLS subsequently updated the data. It turned out that things were way worse than the preliminary numbers showed.

We shared this assessment with the Journal reporter, who agreed. It’s not a matter of whose numbers were better. It’s a matter of what was known and when.

Net gain under Bush: 1.08 million jobs.

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...

'But it's the Dem's fault!'

if it's all you've got....i guess you shouldn't have voted for Bush.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002648 Oct 13, 2013
Scroll down to #9. Look at GDP growth from 2001 to 2006 compared to 2011.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1002649 Oct 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
This event was to promote/launch Obamacare… another Disaster!! 100 People Attend Obamacare Event with Steelers Owner, Have Trouble Enrolling!!
Sebelius told the 100 people who showed up that Healthcare.gov was “open for business," those who tried to sign up for health insurance at the event could not access the site "even with the help of a certified application counselor!"
Someone with reasonable intelligence would realize the System is not Ready for Prime Time and would extend Individual Mandates for a Year time to work out the Bugs/Glitches!!
These are not glitches they are design flaws caused by Seblius' agency.

Sitting up the total Obamacare system involved 55 contractors and numerous agencies. Seblius decided to make the Medicare and Medicaid agency assume the role of project quarterback, responsible for making sure each separately designed database and piece of software worked with the other.

" CGI officials have publicly said that while their company created the system’s overall software framework (for the exchange website), the Medicare and Medicaid agency was responsible for integrating and testing all the combined components. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/13/us/politics...
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1002650 Oct 13, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Enjoyed watching FOX this morning, its like being at a wake with the relatives fighting over the estate. The brave ones concede America is rejecting their extreme position. The crazies are still ready to refuse to pay bills for debt they already spent! What a concept!
I can't wait until Thursday to watch the teabaggers send the market into free fall. That will finally show the world just how reckless and dangerous these morons are.
The baggers are very much like the beginning of the Nazi party under Hitler. They have a lot in common.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1002651 Oct 13, 2013
Obamacare enrollees become urban legend!!

Nearly two weeks after the federal government launched the online Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov , individuals who have successfully used the choked-up website to enroll for a subsidized health insurance plan have reached a status akin to urban legend: Everyone has heard of them, but very few people have actually met one!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002652 Oct 13, 2013
Why Giving Republican Bullies a Bloody Nose Isn’t Enough

Now is the time to lance the boil of Republican extremism once and for all.

Since Barack Obama became president, the extremists who have taken over the Republican Party have escalated their demands every time he’s caved, using the entire government of the United States as their bargaining chit.

In 2010 he agreed to extend all of the Bush tax cuts through the end of 2012. Were they satisfied? Of course not.

In the summer of 2011, goaded by an influx of Tea Partiers, they demanded huge spending cuts in return for raising the debt ceiling. In response, the President offered an overly-generous $4 trillion “Grand Bargain,” including cuts in Social Security and Medicare and whopping cuts in domestic spending (bringing it to its lowest level as a share of gross domestic product in over half a century).

Were Republicans content? No. When they demanded more, Obama agreed to a Super Committee to find bigger cuts, and if the Super Committee failed, a “sequester” that would automatically and indiscriminately slice everything in the federal budget except Social Security and Medicare.

Not even Obama’s re-election put a damper on their increasing demands. By the end of 2012, they insisted that the Bush tax cuts be permanently extended or the nation would go over the “fiscal cliff.” Once again, Obama caved, agreeing to permanently extend the Bush tax cuts for incomes up to $400,000.

Early this year, after the sequester went into effect, Republicans demanded even bigger spending cuts. Obama offered more cuts in Medicare and a “chained CPI” to reduce Social Security payments, in exchange for Republican concessions on taxes.

Refusing the offer, and seemingly delirious with their power to hold the nation hostage, they demanded that the Affordable Care Act be repealed as a condition for funding the government and again raising the debt ceiling.

This time, though, Obama didn’t cave — at least, not yet.

The government is shuttered and the nation is on the verge of defaulting on its debts. But public opinion has turned sharply against the Republican Party. And the GOP’s corporate and Wall Street backers are threatening to de-fund it.

Suddenly the Republicans are acting like the school-yard bully who terrorized the playground but finally got punched in the face. They’re in shock. They’re humiliated. They’re trying to come up with ways of saving face.

With bloodied nose, House Republicans are running home. They’ve abruptly turned negotiations over to their Senate colleagues.

And just as suddenly, their demand to repeal or delay the Affordable Care Act has vanished.(An email from the group Tea Party Express says:“Are you like us wondering where the fight against Obamacare went?”) At a lunch meeting in the Capitol, Senator John McCain asked a roomful of Republican senators if they still believed it was possible to reverse parts of the program. According to someone briefed on the meeting, no one raised a hand — not even Ted Cruz.

http://robertreich.org/post/63873198693

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002653 Oct 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
let's put that oft cited(?) right wing screed in perspective.
Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bus...
Bruce Bartlett....
The 2001 tax cut did nothing to stimulate the economy, yet Republicans pushed for additional tax cuts in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008. The economy continued to languish even as the Treasury hemorrhaged revenue, which fell to 17.5 percent of the gross domestic product in 2008 from 20.6 percent in 2000. Republicans abolished Paygo in 2002, and spending rose to 20.7 percent of G.D.P. in 2008 from 18.2 percent in 2001.
According to the C.B.O., by the end of the Bush administration, legislated tax cuts reduced revenues and increased the national debt by $1.6 trillion. Slower-than-expected growth further reduced revenues by $1.4 trillion.
However, the Bush tax cuts continued through 2010, well into the Obama administration. These reduced revenues by another $369 billion, adding that much to the debt. Legislated tax cuts enacted by President Obama and Democrats in Congress reduced revenues by an additional $407 billion in 2009 and 2010. Slower growth reduced revenues by a further $1.3 trillion. Contrary to Republican assertions, there were no additional revenues from legislated tax increases.
In late 2010, Mr. Obama agreed to extend all the Bush tax cuts for another two years. In 2011, this reduced revenues by $105 billion.
On the spending side, legislated increases during the Bush administration added $2.4 trillion to deficits and the debt through 2008. This includes $121 billion for Medicare Part D, a new entitlement program enacted by Republicans in 2003.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/...
Bruce again....
During the George H.W. Bush administration, Mr. Hubbard had been deputy assistant secretary of the Treasury for tax policy and wrote a Treasury report advocating full integration of the corporate and individual income taxes.
Mr. Hubbard had also spearheaded enactment of big tax cuts in 2001 and 2002 that he said would jump-start the American economy. In an op-ed article in The Washington Post on Nov. 16, 2001, he predicted that the soon-to-be-enacted 2002 tax cut, which President Bush signed on March 9, 2002, would “quickly deliver a boost to move the economy back toward its long-run growth path.”
Mr. Hubbard predicted that it would create 300,000 additional jobs in 2002 and add half a percentage point to the real gross domestic product growth rate.
There is no evidence that the tax cut had any such effect. The unemployment rate remained above 5.7 percent all year, rising to 5.9 percent in November and 6 percent in December. The real G.D.P. growth rate fell each quarter of 2002, and by the fourth quarter growth was at a standstill. Hence the need for yet another big tax cut.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/21/...
and on and on....plenty more that goes against the FOXbot narrative if you want while you give us something that you can't even cite. just take it on faith will not cut it. this is not FOX News.
Let's look at this website instead and the GDP growth on page 9 during 2001 to 2006.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-...

The question asked on page 9 is: Is a High Tax Burden Damaging Growth?

Underneath it says: From 2009 to the present, federal revenues relative to the economy have been at their lowest levels in 60 years.

Notice how the Bush tax cuts increased growth after 2001? And where it was under Obama increasing taxes in 2011?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1002654 Oct 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Oh right. Let's look at something more civilized in your world son....
"Brooklyn rabbi tortured Jewish husbands with cattle prod to force divorce: feds
Desperate wives paid Rabbi Mendel Epstein up to $100,000 to 'convince' their husbands to divorce them, according to sources and court papers.
By Oren Yaniv / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:40 PM
Updated: Friday, October 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
Rabbi Mendel Epstein of Brooklyn appeared in a documentary titled "Women Unchained" about Jewish women having difficulty divorcing from their philandering husbands.
Two rabbis plotted to kidnap Jewish husbands, torture them with electric cattle prods and force them to grant their desperate wives religious divorces, the feds charged Thursday.
Rabbi Mendel Epstein, 68, of Brooklyn and Rabbi Martin Wolmark, 55, of Monsey, Rockland County, were among 10 people arrested in the barbarous scheme with tentacles that ran all the way to the rabbinical court.
Epstein is accused of running an unholy crew that charged women trapped in marital limbo $70,000 to $100,000 to strong-arm their stubborn husbands into granting a Jewish divorce known as a “get,” a criminal complaint reveals.
RELATED: YESHIVA HIRED TEACHER WITH LEWD BEHAVIOR HISTORY: LAWSUIT
Wolmark, who presides over the rabbinical court in Monsey, is charged with accepting money to make sure the court approved the gets.
“They didn’t do it out of religious conviction,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Gribko told a judge Thursday in a federal court hearing in Trenton, N.J.“They did it for money.”
Epstein was secretly recorded touting the persuasive tactics of his “tough guys”— including a muscle man known only as “Yaakov.”
Mr. Goldstein, a Midwood, Brooklyn man who wouldn't give his first name, says he was a victim of Rabbi Epstein.
Todd Maisel/New York Daily News
Mr. Goldstein, a Midwood, Brooklyn man who wouldn't give his first name, says he was a victim of Rabbi Epstein.
RELATED: AMERICARE BOSS LOVED HOOKERS, DRUGS AND GAMBLING: SUIT
“Basically what we are going to be doing is kidnapping a guy for a couple of hours and beating him up and torturing him and then getting him to give the get,” Epstein was videotaped saying.
“I guarantee that if you’re in the van, you’d give a get to your wife,” he went on, according to the criminal complaint.“We take an electric cattle prod ... you put it in certain parts of his body and in one minute the guy will know.”..."
I bet it wasn't easy to investigate such disgusting shysters. "Gets" indeed. They have some nerve complaining about Sharia Law. Hypocrites.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002655 Oct 13, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
BLS stats....
President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting, and is preparing to leave in the middle of a long one. That’s almost 22 months of recession during his 96 months in office.
His job-creation record won’t look much better. The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton‘s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.
Here’s a look at job creation under each president since the Labor Department started keeping payroll records in 1939. The counts are based on total payrolls between the start of the month the president took office (using the final payroll count for the end of the prior December) and his final December in office.
Because the size of the economy and labor force varies, we also calculate in percentage terms how much the total payroll count expanded under each president. The current President Bush, once taking account how long he’s been in office, shows the worst track record for job creation since the government began keeping records.
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bus...
actually, the 3 million is incorrect.
"The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office."
We wanted to look at those numbers ourselves, so we turned to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, or BLS. Getting guidance on the data from BLS and using Excel spreadsheets, we discovered not only that Brown and the Democrats have been wrong, but also why.
It was a matter of timing.
BLS had only preliminary data on Bush’s final performance at the close of his second term, when the Wall Street Journal was doing its story. BLS subsequently updated the data. It turned out that things were way worse than the preliminary numbers showed.
We shared this assessment with the Journal reporter, who agreed. It’s not a matter of whose numbers were better. It’s a matter of what was known and when.
Net gain under Bush: 1.08 million jobs.
http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statements/201...
'But it's the Dem's fault!'
if it's all you've got....i guess you shouldn't have voted for Bush.
So again you're going to choose a blog over a government statistic website?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002656 Oct 13, 2013
TSM wrote:
This event was to promote/launch Obamacare… another Disaster!! 100 People Attend Obamacare Event with Steelers Owner, Have Trouble Enrolling!!
Sebelius told the 100 people who showed up that Healthcare.gov was “open for business," those who tried to sign up for health insurance at the event could not access the site "even with the help of a certified application counselor!"
Someone with reasonable intelligence would realize the System is not Ready for Prime Time and would extend Individual Mandates for a Year time to work out the Bugs/Glitches!!
Everyone but Obama and Reid. They love their flawed baby and refuse to let anyone touch it. Not even common sense minor surgery to make it a little more attractive.

Their dream of Obamacare leading to single-payer might be put in jeopardy somehow.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1002657 Oct 13, 2013
Well, anyway, guess I've put in enough of my 2 cents' worth for now.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1002658 Oct 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... you're still ok that pedophilia isn't an evil son???
wow
In my non con world, it's really not a good thing at all.
I had to laugh at her assertion that "there are no penalties, no repercussions, and the sympathetic press plugs their ears, shuts their eyes, and closes their mouths" to those who criticize "Christians". When, in reality, that describes exactly what the Catholic church and "sympathetic press" did in dealing with pedophilia and priests. Amazing how they think they can just sweep that under the rug. If it was any other organization, the Catholic Church would have been shut down and run out of town.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1002659 Oct 13, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Enjoyed watching FOX this morning, its like being at a wake with the relatives fighting over the estate. The brave ones concede America is rejecting their extreme position. The crazies are still ready to refuse to pay bills for debt they already spent! What a concept!
I can't wait until Thursday to watch the teabaggers send the market into free fall. That will finally show the world just how reckless and dangerous these morons are.
This projected bubble burst of the market has been long projected even before the debt ceiling stand off that may occur Thursday. I say find away to put away the debt ceiling debate without selling the children. I think Obama is using this as cover for his impending recession.

So many people fail to understand that stock market gains such that result in huge fed surpluses of the last Clinton years were the result of a boom that was driven by a stock bubble. The boom was great. But, as any bubble it eventually bursts.

Our stock market recently has been propped up by the govt printing bogus money to buy treasury bonds. Foreign markets are beginning to down grade these bonds. The new bubble is about the burst and the Feds are wholly responsible for it!
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#1002660 Oct 13, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Proveing once again your need to know along with your personal experience. Envy is a terrible thing huh, fat boy? You baggers are all soooo transparent and predictable.
Your post is "proveing" that your spelling is on the same level as a retarded third grader.

Liberal truth

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1002661 Oct 13, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to laugh at her assertion that "there are no penalties, no repercussions, and the sympathetic press plugs their ears, shuts their eyes, and closes their mouths" to those who criticize "Christians". When, in reality, that describes exactly what the Catholic church and "sympathetic press" did in dealing with pedophilia and priests. Amazing how they think they can just sweep that under the rug. If it was any other organization, the Catholic Church would have been shut down and run out of town.
The liberals are the pedophiles now. Where have you been?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1002662 Oct 13, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! So in your world anyone who goes to church is a pedophile!
Anyone who supports an organization that protects pedophiles is guilty by association. And now we have priests with HIV running amok.

Two Days Ago - "CLEVELAND– A Cleveland priest was arrested Friday afternoon, accused of soliciting sex at Edgewater Beach, according to Cleveland Metroparks Rangers.

Spokesperson Monica Banks Hines told FOX 8 that the suspect signaled over a man to his car and offered him $50 for oral sex.

That man turned out to be a ranger in plain clothes.

Hines told FOX 8 the suspect is Rev. James McGonegal, a priest at St. Ignatius of Antioch Church on Lorain Ave. in Cleveland.

Hines also said McGonegal admitted to authorities that he’s HIV positive.

He faces felony charges.

Catholic Diocese of Cleveland said,“Diocesan authorities have a policy of cooperating with civil authorities in these kinds of matters and will do so in this matter.”

It's disgusting."

http://fox8.com/2013/10/11/cleveland-priest-a...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1002663 Oct 13, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at this website instead and the GDP growth on page 9 during 2001 to 2006.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-...
The question asked on page 9 is: Is a High Tax Burden Damaging Growth?
Underneath it says: From 2009 to the present, federal revenues relative to the economy have been at their lowest levels in 60 years.
Notice how the Bush tax cuts increased growth after 2001? And where it was under Obama increasing taxes in 2011?
page 2....

Despite the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and a series of shocks in its aftermath, the economy has gradually strengthened since mid-2009, though more work remains.

page 4....

Growth in the U.S. has outpaced that of other advanced affected by the global financial crisis.

page 5...

Despite challenges, growth in private demand has outpaced GDP growth since late 2010.

page 7 is real FOXbot bummer. the whole thing looks a like a smack down of Bush.

thank you carol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 23 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Beavis 179,348
Emanuel set to outline re-election agenda in fi... 2 hr wasademocratNomore 5
durban women lets explore your fantasies bbm pins 3 hr slum ou 3
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 4 hr obomba 102
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]