Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 46,042)

Showing posts 920,821 - 920,840 of1,071,797
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as last year when he was willing to cut BILLIONS from Medicare and Medicaid and agreed to change the Social Security formula so that benefits would grow at a slower rate. Do you remember those negotiations? They fell part because of the uncompromising members of the House.
Trying to negotiate with those idiotic baggers is a real lesson in futility, they are ever bit as transparent as the right wing dummies on here, just better liars.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue so you make guesses just like Dave did. It would be highly doubtful that on a private estate that the feds don't own and whose only function there is to maintain a parking lot that equipment is kept on site.
It is also extremely questionable to think anything was closed without a higher up knowing about it and ordering it.
If no one use the bus turnaround why was one installed?
However, you two keep pushing the silly for whatever purpose. This subject as far as I am concern is closed.
Carry on without me.
Once again, for the last time, there is a turn-around on the estate to accommodate TOUR BUSES. City buses do not enter the estate. You are truly dense. But go ahead, run off like Rethugs always do when they find themselves with egg on their face.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's from the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Was Jesus a Marxist?? He sure did support the poor and blame the wealthy for their selfishness.
You've gone beyond your usual ignorance.
"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5
"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17
"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13
"A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9
"A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain that leaves no crops." Proverbs 28:3
"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27
"The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern." Proverbs 29:7
"The poorest of the poor will find pasture, and the needy will lie down in safety. But your root I will destroy by famine; it will slay your survivors." Isaiah 14:30
WWJD? Really?

I will tell you the same thing I have told others who try to bring theology to this board.

Wrong board; roam over to the Christian board.

Totally uninterested in debating this-I stopped reading after your first sentence.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Jefferson had a vast personal library reflecting his enormous curiosity about the world. Among his volumes: a Quran purchased in 1765 that informed his ideas about plurality and religious freedom in the founding of America.

In her book Thomas Jefferson's Qur'an: Islam and the Founders, author Denise Spellberg draws parallels between the beliefs of the founding father and religious tolerance in the United States today.

"I think that there is anxiety about what Muslims believe, largely because people don't understand Islam very well. I think that was also true in the 18th century," Spellberg says. "It strikes me that Jefferson was theorizing for a future that included Muslims not in spite of their religion, but because of it and because of his notion of universal civil rights."

She sat down with All Things Considered host Arun Rath to discuss Jefferson's Qur'an and the lasting impact of the third U.S. president's views on religious freedom.

On how Jefferson came to have a Quran:

"He actually was a bibliophile from the beginning. He ordered this Quran in 1765, eleven years before he wrote the Declaration of Independence. He was a law student at the time, and he had the book shipped from England to Williamsburg, Va.... There's an entry in the local newspaper because they were the booksellers for the time.

"Europeans, and Americans after them, in this period tended to be quite hostile toward Islam. And yet Jefferson was curious about the religion and law of Muslims, and that's probably why he bought the Quran."

On his views of religious freedom:

"Jefferson was unique in many ways. He criticized Islam as he did Christianity and Judaism. He talked about Islam as a religion that repressed scientific inquiry a strange idea he got from Voltaire that wasn't right but ... was able to separate his principles about Muslim religious liberty and civil rights from these inherited European prejudices about Islam.

"He did the same thing when arguing for the inclusion of Catholics and Jews, actually. He had not very good things to say about either Catholicism or Judaism, but he insisted that these individual practitioners should have equal civil rights....[Jefferson] resisted the notion, for example, that Catholics were a threat to the United States because of their allegiance to the pope as a foreign power. There were many Protestants who would have disagreed with him about Catholics, and many who would have disagreed with him about Muslims.

"They were the outsiders, whose inclusion represented the furthest reach of toleration and rights. So for Jefferson and others and he was not alone in this, although it was a minority for him to include Muslims meant to include everyone of every faith: Jews, Catholics and all others. And to exclude Muslims meant that there would be no universal principle of civil rights for all believers in America."

On the Muslim population in America during the 1770s:

"Jefferson and [George] Washington and others were theorizing about a future American population when, ironically and tragically, they never knew that real Muslims were already in America. But they were slaves, brought from west Africa against their will.

"We don't know how many were the first American Muslims; we think they numbered in the thousands or tens of thousands. And it's not impossible that Jefferson actually owned Muslim slaves from Africa, but there's no direct evidence of it. That's not the case for George Washington, his neighbor in Virginia.""

----------

Seems our Founding Fathers had a far more expansive view of Religious Freedom than do Repugnants of today.
votefromtheroof

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's from the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Was Jesus a Marxist?? He sure did support the poor and blame the wealthy for their selfishness.
You've gone beyond your usual ignorance.
"He who mocks the poor shows contempt for their Maker; whoever gloats over disaster will not go unpunished." Proverbs 17:5
"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17
"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13
"A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9
"A ruler who oppresses the poor is like a driving rain that leaves no crops." Proverbs 28:3
"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27
"The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern." Proverbs 29:7
"The poorest of the poor will find pasture, and the needy will lie down in safety. But your root I will destroy by famine; it will slay your survivors." Isaiah 14:30
you left out "If a man does not work, let him also not eat". 2 Thes 3:10
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh brother, you will post anything is what this proves. What was your source for this?
The public has also said they want Obama to compromise.
I see facts along with common sense is still a major deterrent to reality for you airheaded baggers.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal opinions matter not.
Hmmmm

Prepare for incoming after this comment.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, for the last time, there is a turn-around on the estate to accommodate TOUR BUSES. City buses do not enter the estate. You are truly dense. But go ahead, run off like Rethugs always do when they find themselves with egg on their face.
Listen obsess person, I already told you I was done with the silliness of the claims being made.

So, I will tell you the same thing I told you yesterday when you refused to let go of Obamacare being popular -bless your little heart.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!! You prove my point!! No bowing here. A simple observation. The Tea Party hate has been their undoing. Boomerang effect in action. Face reality pal.
I'm not your 'pal' You think that anything said against Barack Hussein Obama is a lie. What does that make you.... Gulible as the day is long.. Get over yourself, you probably think the Giverment owes you a living. That's why I'm LMAO over you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The public wants Obama to compromise. All presidents have.
I want the cons to compromise.

Obama.... hold the line!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I see facts along with common sense is still a major deterrent to reality for you airheaded baggers.
Hey poop, I see someone pulled you out of sock drawer. You were ignored for way too long.

Stay around some one here who likes to kick you around will probably show up.

As far as me, I find you boring so I will let you be after this.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well, that about sums up your entire party. Time to fold.
Oh, the t-p is trying really hard to cripple the party they're trying to hijack.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...as well as terminally stupid candidates like Todd Akin and Richard Mourdoch...and lightweights like Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell...
the tea party movement is the future, but they need to be more careful in candidate selection...
Now this is the face of the t-p.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Amnesty is just Dems paying off their corporate masters by keeping wages low.
Any link there son? Or just another white flag?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That cost the Dems the House.
So.... any link again son? Or just another in a series of your white flags?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Random facts-

More have been killed by vending machines in the past 12 months than have bought Obamacare in IA, HI, and DE combine
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of sh*t about what, Dave? The fact that if the ACA fails democrats will blame the GOP, or the fact that if it succeeds the democrats will take all the credit?
What negative or failed policy HAS Obama taken responsibility for?
Here, I'll give you the list:
Well, since cons have been trying their darndest to cripple anything Obama does, it's hard to say how he can take credit for anything... other than trying to appease reich wing idiots
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been the typical Left myth since Dems lost the house that totally ignores the polls that told a different story.
lol! Hmmmmm.... a myth....
Like your 44% son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I got the numbers transpose.
Now you know only a small percentage of the government is not open which was the disagreement.
Now if you will only admit that OBamacare is not popular.
lol! You transposed 44% too son?

I'll give you a chance to correct it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped dissing you because it turns out you were thin skinned.
However, after 24 hours reading your butt hurt non-stop whining post after post I see your are totally obsessed.
You are acting like one cray-cray person.
lol! Funny how you're being caught by your own words son.

As if you lied on purpose!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 920,821 - 920,840 of1,071,797
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 56 min Midlothian Composer 3,813
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 57 min lol 48,683
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,523
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 388
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search