Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001683 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Most people on Medicare will be paying much higher premiums than the taxpayer-subsidized bums on the exchanges...even after paying Medicare taxes all their lives....
Do you just make this stuff up in your head? It's absolutely comical.
A person on Medicare can join an HMO for zero dollars.

https://medicare.kaiserpermanente.org/wps/por...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001684 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen...once again. Reid and Gray are on the same side...DEMOCRATS. He was merely telling him that if he persist in his demands that Reid make an exception for Gray, he would find himself on the losing end.
Well, considering that Reid obviously cares more about the country than his own party and decapitating the Republican Party, I guess that's a plausible enough answer.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001685 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Thursday's Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll hit the Republican Party like a bomb.
It found, as Gallup had, the Republican Party (and, separately, the Tea Party) at "all-time lows in the history of the poll." It found Republicans taking more blame for the shutdown than they had in 1995. It found more Americans believing the shutdown is a serious problem than in 1995.
Even worse for the GOP is what the pollsters called "the Boomerang Effect": Both President Obama and Obamacare are more popular than they were a month ago. Obamacare in particular gained seven points.(More poll highlights here, full results here.)
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.
Which part of the givverment h/c exhange are you talking about? The givverment part of subsidies,(which in this instance can also be known as-the tax and fine part we the people will pay) and/OR the premiums part that we the people pay, the part that private companies pay, or the part that charitable foundations may (or may not) donate to float givverment paid for by we the people taxes and premiums, and/or the private sector insurance comapnies part, also paid for by we the people premiums, and givverment subsidies provided by We the People.

Do we lacketh any beaurocraticeth red tapeth?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001686 Oct 11, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Ohhhhhhhhhh look at all the sore losers.
OBAMACARE kicked your azzzzz!
Mitt fancy panties LOST!
HE LOST!
HE LOST!
Democrats rules dckheads!
THE MAJORITY OF VOTERS: OBAMA YES!
Blue Cross on sale now!
ACA -- EXCHANGES!
HOW DOES THAT FEEL SORE LOSERS?
LIKE WAXTURD. <----- FFFCCKKK YOU!
Sane grown ups living in the REAL world realized odemocrat was elected and moved on like a year ago now.
No wonder there's such a stalemate in DC--just look at the clueless kindergarten sandbox Mentalcase level of the partisan hack labelDUHm demovoters--like you!

Are you still cheering over the first poopoo you did on the big kid potty awrl by yerself as well?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001687 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.
This could've been a week when Republicans crystallized the case against Obamacare. Instead it's been a week in which they've crystallized the case against themselves.
And for what? In 2011, when Republicans last tried serious hostage taking, they managed to drive down both their numbers and President Obama's numbers. But even if they could manage that now -- and while the NBC/WSJ and Washington Post/ABC News polls both showed some improvement in Obama's numbers, an AP poll showed deterioration -- this isn't 2011.
In 2011, President Obama was going to be on the ballot against a Republican candidate who wasn't involved in the mess in Washington. The congressional GOP's kamikaze mission made sense as a way to aid an outsider challenger like Mitt Romney. But Obama won't be on any more ballots. Congressional Republicans will be. At this point, it's not a kamikaze mission. It's just suicide.
Senior Republicans -- who never wanted to be in this mess in the first place -- are increasingly desperate to get out. On Thursday, House Republicans floated a six-week delay of the debt ceiling and Senate Republicans floated a proposal that would reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling in return for repeal of the medical-device tax and a handful of other minor concessions.
Democrats didn't jump at either proposal. Their position is no policy negotiations until the government is reopened and the debt-ceiling is raised and they're seeing nothing in the polls to change their mind.
The problem for Republicans right now is they still believe they need to get something, anything, in return for funding the government and paying the bills. They promised their base concessions and they feel they need to deliver. But as of yet, they're still not prepared to give anything up -- at least not anything Democrats see as a concession.
The hope was that the pain of the shutdown and the Democrats' fear of the debt ceiling would give the GOP leverage. But all Democrats are seeing is a disaster for the GOP. And at this point, the GOP is seeing it, too.
The problem is we're still a two-party system and the other side always gets something in return. It's the art of compromising.

The Republicans offered to raise the debt ceiling for 6 weeks if they just got two things in return - Congress' special exemptions removed and a one year delay in the individual mandate.

Obama loves his ugly baby and won't let anyone touch it. Not even in the give and take of political compromise. It's his and his alone.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1001688 Oct 11, 2013
The boy in the White House listens closer to the man he bowed to in Saudi Arabia than to his own country's needs. This is traitorous and intentional.

Pickens: Keystone Pipeline Would Make OPEC 'Obsolete': http://tinyurl.com/kmbsdce

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001689 Oct 11, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
I'm still waiting for a challenger in my judgit 'tourney'! No takers? Come on fellas give it a whirl!! It's fun, never boring, exciting and very challenging!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, as repeatedly state, double up on the depends. I strongly recommend foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret) ;) They don't call me ""Waxturds" " for nothing you know!! Please, join the fun. Going to stop now for my treatments and a quick snack (cheese). Be back in a couple!!!
As soon as I get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength), take my meds, have my therapeutic treatments and a quick one on one chat with my psychiatrist I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!!
One more thing folks before my doctor whisks me away for my psychiatric treatments. I have to admit I am getting carried away with myself, I'm running 5 socks at once!!!! How's that for a great trolling manuveur? I have you all bamboozled and very confused don't I?
BWaaaaaahahhaaaaa!!!!
Hugs, Waxman.
Remember fellas!!! Phones numbers!!!!!!!!!!
I don't see any judge'its. I haven't in years.

I find it funny when people talk about them.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1001690 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to Mount Vernon I see. A person can park and take a bus right to the front gate. It's really no big deal.
NPS barricaded the bus turn around.

Location hidden

#1001691 Oct 11, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
NO it wouldn't if any sort of givverment Marxist Communism was involved...because with a doubt it WOULD definately then be-
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.
Article 1 Section 9 The US Constitution
No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.
No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another; nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time
What are you talking about? The problem isn't with the government taxing insurance companies across state lines, it is with states deregulating insurance companies as an incentive for them to set up business in their state. If anyone thinks that wouldn't happen...take a look at Texas. They'd whore themselves out for a nickle.

Location hidden

#1001692 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, considering that Reid obviously cares more about the country than his own party and decapitating the Republican Party, I guess that's a plausible enough answer.
The repugnants started this fight.

Reid is a former boxer, a good one.

The Repugnants need a good 'learning moment'. It's happening now.

It was Gingrinch who took the hit in 1995.

This time it'll be CubaCruz and Bonehead. But he's drunk most of the time, and won't notice.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1001693 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you see the Vagina Monologues? There's a part in it that tries to desensitize women to certain words like c unt. She says if over and over again, loudly, softly, musically, every possible tone of voice. It's pretty funny.
Perhaps it will help you accept yourself and your vagina.
"silly"
Only losers like you think the c word is funny. Would you still feel that way if the slur was directed at you?
Peace
KMA
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1001694 Oct 11, 2013
DEMOCRATS WON!

REPUBLICANS LOST!

GOP SUCKS!

everyone knows this.

You losers are really funny.

How can you actually believe all your slop?

Oh right: your all crazy!

OBAMACARE!

IT KICKED YOUR AZZZZZZ!

LOSERS!

AMERICA LOVES OBAMA! HE WON AGAIN!

You crazy morrrrrons need to fcckkkk off!

GOP: OLD WHITE RACIST CREEPY PUSCEEES!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001695 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Valerie Jarrett must have told him to do something nice quick because he's sinking in the polls.
Either that or the "lawyers" (the awrlmightee "lawyers"-- that shamefully took DAYS to figure out whether benefits should be paid to grieiving family members) told them they'd be setting the givverment up for even MORE dysfunctionality by continuing with the current partisan dysfunctionality and might have to pay lost revenue compensation, for causing private business to loose business.

Whatya think Carol---on h/c exchanges should the givverment get all dysfunctional into partial shut down again?

Who would be "responsible" then...the givverment..for the partial payments of subsidies...the tax payers paying premiums, the tax payers paying commie-marxist tax and fines, or private sector ins company providers partially paid for by tax payers directly via premiums and indirectly by tax payers paying for givverment subsidies, and charitable foundation donators, picking up the slack....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001696 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you just make this stuff up in your head? It's absolutely comical.
A person on Medicare can join an HMO for zero dollars.
https://medicare.kaiserpermanente.org/wps/por...
Incorrect.

Even with your crummy cult HMO, you must still pay the Medicare Part B premium.

Go outside the HMO network and you have no coverage.

Location hidden

#1001697 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had acted on it immediately, there wouldn't have been the need for the Fisher House to intervene after it was headline news for two days.
But we never know when the president knows anything. And what he should do now is fire Hagel immediately.
But he never fires anyone or holds anyone accountable for anything either. Everyone keeps going about their business. And the liberal media just keeps their mouths shut. Nice arrangement.
It was nice of the Fisher House to step in but not necessary. Things were already in the works to correct the problem. Fisher House is free to make off the head decisions. Not so much with the White House.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1001698 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask him. Homer loves women. That's a sign of a secure man.
the rest of you inadequate losers are the most miserable sons of bytches I've ever heard.
"silly"
"homo" loves men, the more the merrier, The kinkier the better, that's why is wife kicked his cheating fanny out.
Peace

Location hidden

#1001699 Oct 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The boy in the White House listens closer to the man he bowed to in Saudi Arabia than to his own country's needs. This is traitorous and intentional.
Pickens: Keystone Pipeline Would Make OPEC 'Obsolete': http://tinyurl.com/kmbsdce
I'm betting he'll end up approving Keystone.

I don't like it all that much, but I own stock in Canadian oilsands producers, and they'll reap a windfall when Keystone is approved.

I admire T Boone. He's a great energy man. But he makes big mistakes as well. The solar thing in the desert comes to mind. Clean Energy is a work in progress. He overstates things as a matter of course.

Location hidden

#1001700 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it kill the law?
The exchanges would still exist and everybody who wants insurance would be covered, including pre-existing conditions.
Because everyone who is eligible must participate to make it work. Even the stupid people must be part of the system...even if it is just by way of being assessed a tax for non-compliance.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001702 Oct 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
But, but ..."we don't need no stinkin' Keystone oil OR jobs...".

We have-the givverment-in all it's glorious Dysfunctionality.

Next--marxist givverment oil...subsidized in true communistic spirit, by Russia maybe.

Location hidden

#1001703 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
NPS barricaded the bus turn around.
Only for tour buses. Local buses do not enter the grounds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min well 50,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min jacques Ottawa 179,477
Amy 10-24 2 hr your poor wife 15
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 6 hr i need a bump to 22
food for thought 6 hr reality is a crutch 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]