Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001662 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cliff House sits directly on a public street with parking on the street...no federal funding is involved...just petty tyranny by your boy in the White House...
Ah yes,tyranny!!

You'd be funny if you weren't so serious!!

You've been awfully quiet as the Cruz machine has self destructed.

Didn't you say it's time for you and the Cruz-ers to fight??

How's that pounding you've been taking feel??

An ideal is not to be confused with a plan. Ted and the Cruz-ettes thought they'd get by with sheer chutzpah.

Cubans don't know much about the limits of chutzpah.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001663 Oct 11, 2013
DumbDave:
waxywaxturd wrote:
I'm still waiting for a challenger in my judgit 'tourney'! No takers? Come on fellas give it a whirl!! It's fun, never boring, exciting and very challenging!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, as repeatedly state, double up on the depends. I strongly recommend foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret) ;) They don't call me ""Waxturds" " for nothing you know!! Please, join the fun. Going to stop now for my treatments and a quick snack (cheese). Be back in a couple!!!
As soon as I get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength), take my meds, have my therapeutic treatments and a quick one on one chat with my psychiatrist I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!!
One more thing folks before my doctor whisks me away for my psychiatric treatments. I have to admit I am getting carried away with myself, I'm running 5 socks at once!!!! How's that for a great trolling manuveur? I have you all bamboozled and very confused don't I?
BWaaaaaahahhaaaaa!!!!
Hugs, Waxman.
Remember fellas!!! Phones numbers!!!!!!!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1001664 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief the ex-mayor was totally corrupt.
"Kilpatrick wore a surprised, puzzled look at times as US District Judge Nancy Edmunds read the jury’s verdict: guilty of 24 charges, not guilty on three, and no consensus on three more.
Prosecutors said Kilpatrick ran a ‘‘private profit machine’’ out of Detroit’s City Hall. The government presented evidence to show he got a share of the spoils after ensuring that Bobby Ferguson’s excavating company was awarded millions in work from the water department. Business owners said they were forced to hire Ferguson as a subcontractor or risk losing city contracts.
Separately, fund-raiser Emma Bell said she gave Kilpatrick more than $200,000 as his personal cut of political donations. A high-ranking aide, Derrick Miller, told jurors that he often was the middle man, passing bribes from others.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2013/0...
None of what you present is important to Liberals. His skin is black and he is therefore held above the law. Look at the Magic Negro and how he gets treated.

It is the era we live in.
LCNLin

United States

#1001665 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
David Brooks was extremely critical of the Ted Cruz wing of the Pepugnant Party today.
He said the Repugnants basically committed suicide by following Cruz,who turned out to have an ideal, but not a plan.
I think Cruz will be crucified within the Repugnant Party after this disaster for them is over.
So either he splits off the radical right into an new party, ala Randy Paul, he of the coonskin hairpiece. A real Daavveeeyy Crockett!!
Either way,it weakens the Party as a whole.
A united Democratic Party vs. a Repugnant Party in danger of splitting into different factions.
Either Cruz heels, or we have a fragmented Repugnant Party, a sure route to electoral disaster.
Most of you regular Teabags are ardent followers of Cruz anarchy.
I'm happy to see you humiliated in abject failure.
Tea Party will purge the GOP of anyone not enamored of Annie Rand's republican destroying antics .
LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001666 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
eliminating the individual mandate would improve the law...
allowing sale of insurance across state lines would improve the law...
tort reform would improve the law....
Eliminating the individual mandate would kill the law, would not "improve" the law.

Tort reform has nothing to do with the health problems in the United States and does not belong in a health care law.

Now, as far as allowing for the sale of health insurance across state lines, that falls under regulating commerce "among the several States" and gets complicated. It's pretty certain states would start cutting regulatory mandates on insurance to attract insurance companies to their states which would be a mess. It could perhaps work. I don't know but it certainly isn't something that requires "rewriting" the law. And, that is what the majority of people are saying....let it be and amend it as we go along.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001667 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
eliminating the individual mandate would improve the law...
allowing sale of insurance across state lines would improve the law...
tort reform would improve the law....
Wonder if h/c ins exchanges would be function in a givverment shutdown?

Just imagine all THAT beaurocraTic red tape...h/c provided the givverment..or would it be private market companies...or part givverment...and part private companies...sow hich part would pay whic parts in a goivverment shutdown.

WAIT...maybe it would be a private charitable foundation that would pick up the slack in a givverment shutdown?
Then, who would pay the charitable foundations back...the givverment, part private companies, part givverment and and part private companies...or other charitable foundations?

Gaw. What a mess with a LOT of wrinkles that need ironed out still.
LCNLin

United States

#1001668 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Most people on Medicare will be paying much higher premiums than the taxpayer-subsidized bums on the exchanges...even after paying Medicare taxes all their lives....
Antie Nobama is taking over for Carol with
The Sky is falling posts?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1001669 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cliff House sits directly on a public street with parking on the street...no federal funding is involved...just petty tyranny by your boy in the White House...
"While the restaurant is privately owned, the Cliff House is located within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. "

Yep, you get Galt a little pissed off & just like most right whiners, out come the racial slurs.

Not only id Galt too f*cking dumb to know about Cliff house but he is a racist POS.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001670 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party will purge the GOP of anyone not enamored of Annie Rand's republican destroying antics .
LOL
Which part? The givverment subsidies, the private companies, or charitable foundations contributing the givverment subsidies, or private companies?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001671 Oct 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The majority of Republican voters want lower taxes and less government and could care less about the party establishment remaining in office. What good are they if they agree with the DemoKKKrats? If taxes are high regardless of which party is in office, then what's the point?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001672 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

Now, as far as allowing for the sale of health insurance across state lines, that falls under regulating commerce "among the several States" and gets complicated. It's pretty certain states would start cutting regulatory mandates on insurance to attract insurance companies to their states which would be a mess. It could perhaps work. I don't know but it certainly isn't something that requires "rewriting" the law. And, that is what the majority of people are saying....let it be and amend it as we go along.
NO it wouldn't if any sort of givverment Marxist Communism was involved...because with a doubt it WOULD definately then be-
UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Article 1 Section 9 The US Constitution

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another; nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time
LCNLin

United States

#1001673 Oct 11, 2013
Thursday's Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll hit the Republican Party like a bomb.

It found, as Gallup had, the Republican Party (and, separately, the Tea Party) at "all-time lows in the history of the poll." It found Republicans taking more blame for the shutdown than they had in 1995. It found more Americans believing the shutdown is a serious problem than in 1995.

Even worse for the GOP is what the pollsters called "the Boomerang Effect": Both President Obama and Obamacare are more popular than they were a month ago. Obamacare in particular gained seven points.(More poll highlights here, full results here.)

It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001674 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make when the President learned about the death benefits? He acted on it immediately. It's the incompetent Congress that failed to include those benefits in the Pay Our Military Act that holds the bag on that one. Period.
If he had acted on it immediately, there wouldn't have been the need for the Fisher House to intervene after it was headline news for two days.

But we never know when the president knows anything. And what he should do now is fire Hagel immediately.

But he never fires anyone or holds anyone accountable for anything either. Everyone keeps going about their business. And the liberal media just keeps their mouths shut. Nice arrangement.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001675 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminating the individual mandate would kill the law, would not "improve" the law.
Why would it kill the law?

The exchanges would still exist and everybody who wants insurance would be covered, including pre-existing conditions.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1001676 Oct 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"While the restaurant is privately owned, the Cliff House is located within the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. "
Yep, you get Galt a little pissed off & just like most right whiners, out come the racial slurs.
Not only id Galt too f*cking dumb to know about Cliff house but he is a racist POS.
Then the GGNRA of the US givverment should have pay LOST revenues to the PRIVATE restaurant.

Kinda like if you blocked my lemonade stand that I paid rental space to you for on purpose...you givverment jackboot licker.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001677 Oct 11, 2013
WaxywaxRetard:
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1001678 Oct 11, 2013
Ohhhhhhhhhh look at all the sore losers.

OBAMACARE kicked your azzzzz!

Mitt fancy panties LOST!

HE LOST!

HE LOST!

Democrats rules dckheads!

THE MAJORITY OF VOTERS: OBAMA YES!

Blue Cross on sale now!

ACA -- EXCHANGES!

HOW DOES THAT FEEL SORE LOSERS?

LIKE WAXTURD. <----- FFFCCKKK YOU!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001679 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying I agree with this. It does seem petty but the fact is...the Cliff House sits directly on land controlled by the Federal government. It is a “concessionaire” of the National Park Service. Period. I will admit that things have gotten a little out of hand but the Park Rangers are trying to following the directive to close down National Park land as best they can. Last I heard, the Park Service employees are "waiting for further information from their bosses in D.C. before making a decision" on whether they have gone too far in their actions. I'm sure it will work out.
LCNLin

United States

#1001680 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he had acted on it immediately, there wouldn't have been the need for the Fisher House to intervene after it was headline news for two days.
But we never know when the president knows anything. And what he should do now is fire Hagel immediately.
But he never fires anyone or holds anyone accountable for anything either. Everyone keeps going about their business. And the liberal media just keeps their mouths shut. Nice arrangement.
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of the GOP's strategic failure here: Obamacare's launch has been awful. More than a week after the federal insurance marketplaces opened, most people can't purchase insurance on the first try. But Republicans have chosen such a wildly unpopular strategy to oppose it that they've helped both Obamacare and its author in the polls.

This could've been a week when Republicans crystallized the case against Obamacare. Instead it's been a week in which they've crystallized the case against themselves.

And for what? In 2011, when Republicans last tried serious hostage taking, they managed to drive down both their numbers and President Obama's numbers. But even if they could manage that now -- and while the NBC/WSJ and Washington Post/ABC News polls both showed some improvement in Obama's numbers, an AP poll showed deterioration -- this isn't 2011.

In 2011, President Obama was going to be on the ballot against a Republican candidate who wasn't involved in the mess in Washington. The congressional GOP's kamikaze mission made sense as a way to aid an outsider challenger like Mitt Romney. But Obama won't be on any more ballots. Congressional Republicans will be. At this point, it's not a kamikaze mission. It's just suicide.

Senior Republicans -- who never wanted to be in this mess in the first place -- are increasingly desperate to get out. On Thursday, House Republicans floated a six-week delay of the debt ceiling and Senate Republicans floated a proposal that would reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling in return for repeal of the medical-device tax and a handful of other minor concessions.

Democrats didn't jump at either proposal. Their position is no policy negotiations until the government is reopened and the debt-ceiling is raised and they're seeing nothing in the polls to change their mind.

The problem for Republicans right now is they still believe they need to get something, anything, in return for funding the government and paying the bills. They promised their base concessions and they feel they need to deliver. But as of yet, they're still not prepared to give anything up -- at least not anything Democrats see as a concession.

The hope was that the pain of the shutdown and the Democrats' fear of the debt ceiling would give the GOP leverage. But all Democrats are seeing is a disaster for the GOP. And at this point, the GOP is seeing it, too.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001681 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama caves...allows states to reopen National Parks...
Valerie Jarrett must have told him to do something nice quick because he's sinking in the polls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Mothra 48,604
World's Best Photo Art 18 min Zeke 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 180,987
ask amy 11-28 2 hr RACE 3
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 2 hr Just Saying 54,529
Last Chance! 3 hr Harem 1
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 6 hr Imasport 142
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago