Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001645 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
George Schwab, who lives in North Carolina, was notified in a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield on September 23 that his current plan doesn’t meet Obamacare’s benefit requirements and would be canceled at the end of the year. While Blue Cross did suggest a comparable plan, it was $980 more than what he now pays..
The President told the American people numerous times that…‘If you like your coverage, you can keep it,’” Schwab told The Charlotte Observer.“How can we keep it if it has been eliminated? How can we keep it if the premium has been increased 430 percent in one year?”
just the cost of covering pre-existing conditions, birth control, abortions, elimination of caps, etc.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1001646 Oct 11, 2013
Why Republicans should be very, very afraid

""It is telling, in the NBC/WSJ poll, that 65 percent of voters think the government shutdown is hurting the economy and 63 percent describe a failure to approve a debt ceiling bill as “a serious problem.” These are memories that are not going to be erased with a handshake deal at the White House and the reopening of the national parks.

What has been happening, in effect, is that the Republicans have been re-enacting the centennial of World War I a year early.

In 1914, cheering throngs all over Europe sent their boys off to war confident that victory could be achieved in a few months with limited casualties. Instead, for the next four years, armies on both sides endured horrible death tolls in the trenches of France. And, increasingly, soldiers found it impossible to recall what they were fighting for.

So it was when the House Republicans shut down the government confident that they could win major concessions from the White House in a few days. Now they are hunkered down in the trenches, with public opinion turning against them, desperate for any rationale to abandon the battlefield. But they cannot simply surrender because … well … that would mean that they have been bleeding in the polls for nothing. Rarely has a political party lost so much so rapidly from a series of strategic blunders. So, for a change, I believe the hype. Republicans will need a long time to recover from their biggest Capitol Hill debacle in memory.""
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001647 Oct 11, 2013
Rep. Pete King: Obama Should Donate To Ted Cruz

"I think President Obama should send a campaign contribution to Ted Cruz," King said to anchor Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "The Situation Room." "He has done more to boost Obamacare than anyone."

King, who has blamed his own party for the shutdown, also defended his record as a conservative after a viewer asked when King would be switching parties.

"I am a lifetime Republican," he said. "I have a conservative rating of 75 percent. There's nothing Republican about shutting down the government when you don't get what you want."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001648 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first of all, Mount Vernon was not shut down. Only the parking lots jointly owned by the National Park Service.
The other two sit on land controlled by the Park Service. So you are batting zero.
He asked you for a "a list of these that had nothing to do with the federal government."
Keep trying.
Cliff House sits directly on a public street with parking on the street...no federal funding is involved...just petty tyranny by your boy in the White House...
LCNLin

United States

#1001649 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
eliminating the individual mandate would improve the law...
allowing sale of insurance across state lines would improve the law...
tort reform would improve the law....
Nobama's new book on shelves Monday

"My Life as a Troll"

Just Kidding - enjoy your nonstop posts helping the Democrats

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001650 Oct 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Name calling??
<quoted text>
Until USSR takes out her own trash, cleanup your own misogynist backyard and racist house first. Then you would be entitled to tell someone else too do so you bigot..
It's the culture...
It's the culture...
I'm not the one that was being all sanctimonious about "name calling". That was "whatever". She chose that path. Now she has to deal with it.

I have zero tolerance for sanctimonious, self-absorbed morons. It goes back to the old saying, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." She threw out the first stone. I'm merely returning it...over, and over and over again.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001651 Oct 11, 2013
Nobel Peace Prize Barry wrote:
Democrat Hero!
"Kwame Kilpatrick, former Detroit mayor, sentenced to 28 years in prison for corruption"
Obama will pardon...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1001652 Oct 11, 2013
The progressive group Americans United for Change is possibly Sen. Ted Cruz's biggest fan right now. The more the tea party Republican talks about the need to sink Obamacare and use the government shutdown as leverage, it seems, the lower his party's ratings seem to go. So the group sent Cruz a fruit basket on Friday, along with a note of thanks for still talking.

“Dear Ted, a Texas sized thank you!!! Thanks to you, Obamacare is more popular and the GOP is less so. Keep up the Good Work!!!”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/11/gove...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001653 Oct 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDumbDave is 69 years old n d Moocher.. PDUPONT his sock, is his welfare contributor..
It's the culture...
you must be wrong...Dumbass Dave says he doesn't receive Medicare...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001654 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't just be Waxman??
You're really disturbed. Not like it's not obvious or anything.
Poor Waxman.
Yes, it's me Nutjob.

http://uglydemocrats.com/democrats/United-Sta...

Ugly Democrat for sure.

The problem for you juvenile types is I grew up and realized what idiots you are.

How am I disturbed Nutjob? Because I want a better future for my kids and want to stop losers like you from sucking them dry?

Nutjob?

Location hidden

#1001656 Oct 11, 2013
John Bonehead to Obama:

"Please. Give us anything. ANYTHING!!"

----------

Obama's reply:

"Unconditional Surrender are my terms, Mr. Speaker. You have threatened the full faith and credit of the United States for the last time."

"We will negotiate our differences, but it will not be at the threat of putting millions of Americans out of work"

"Those days are over, Mr. Speaker"

----------

John Bonehead to Obama:

"Snivel, whimper, I, I, I'm sorry, Mr President."
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001657 Oct 11, 2013
Study Finds Republican Female Lawmakers Look More Feminine Than Democrats

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/01/st...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1001659 Oct 11, 2013
Most people on Medicare will be paying much higher premiums than the taxpayer-subsidized bums on the exchanges...even after paying Medicare taxes all their lives....
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001660 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur dike & DumbDave love cows:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/image...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001661 Oct 11, 2013
Weirdo:
Nuculur option wrote:
John Bonehead to Obama:
"Please. Give us anything. ANYTHING!!"
----------
Obama's reply:
"Unconditional Surrender are my terms, Mr. Speaker. You have threatened the full faith and credit of the United States for the last time."
"We will negotiate our differences, but it will not be at the threat of putting millions of Americans out of work"
"Those days are over, Mr. Speaker"
----------
John Bonehead to Obama:
"Snivel, whimper, I, I, I'm sorry, Mr President."

Location hidden

#1001662 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cliff House sits directly on a public street with parking on the street...no federal funding is involved...just petty tyranny by your boy in the White House...
Ah yes,tyranny!!

You'd be funny if you weren't so serious!!

You've been awfully quiet as the Cruz machine has self destructed.

Didn't you say it's time for you and the Cruz-ers to fight??

How's that pounding you've been taking feel??

An ideal is not to be confused with a plan. Ted and the Cruz-ettes thought they'd get by with sheer chutzpah.

Cubans don't know much about the limits of chutzpah.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1001663 Oct 11, 2013
DumbDave:
waxywaxturd wrote:
I'm still waiting for a challenger in my judgit 'tourney'! No takers? Come on fellas give it a whirl!! It's fun, never boring, exciting and very challenging!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, as repeatedly state, double up on the depends. I strongly recommend foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret) ;) They don't call me ""Waxturds" " for nothing you know!! Please, join the fun. Going to stop now for my treatments and a quick snack (cheese). Be back in a couple!!!
As soon as I get another clean pair of depends on (industrial strength), take my meds, have my therapeutic treatments and a quick one on one chat with my psychiatrist I will be ready to roar back to life judging your posts!!!
One more thing folks before my doctor whisks me away for my psychiatric treatments. I have to admit I am getting carried away with myself, I'm running 5 socks at once!!!! How's that for a great trolling manuveur? I have you all bamboozled and very confused don't I?
BWaaaaaahahhaaaaa!!!!
Hugs, Waxman.
Remember fellas!!! Phones numbers!!!!!!!!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1001664 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief the ex-mayor was totally corrupt.
"Kilpatrick wore a surprised, puzzled look at times as US District Judge Nancy Edmunds read the jury’s verdict: guilty of 24 charges, not guilty on three, and no consensus on three more.
Prosecutors said Kilpatrick ran a ‘‘private profit machine’’ out of Detroit’s City Hall. The government presented evidence to show he got a share of the spoils after ensuring that Bobby Ferguson’s excavating company was awarded millions in work from the water department. Business owners said they were forced to hire Ferguson as a subcontractor or risk losing city contracts.
Separately, fund-raiser Emma Bell said she gave Kilpatrick more than $200,000 as his personal cut of political donations. A high-ranking aide, Derrick Miller, told jurors that he often was the middle man, passing bribes from others.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2013/0...
None of what you present is important to Liberals. His skin is black and he is therefore held above the law. Look at the Magic Negro and how he gets treated.

It is the era we live in.
LCNLin

United States

#1001665 Oct 11, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
David Brooks was extremely critical of the Ted Cruz wing of the Pepugnant Party today.
He said the Repugnants basically committed suicide by following Cruz,who turned out to have an ideal, but not a plan.
I think Cruz will be crucified within the Repugnant Party after this disaster for them is over.
So either he splits off the radical right into an new party, ala Randy Paul, he of the coonskin hairpiece. A real Daavveeeyy Crockett!!
Either way,it weakens the Party as a whole.
A united Democratic Party vs. a Repugnant Party in danger of splitting into different factions.
Either Cruz heels, or we have a fragmented Repugnant Party, a sure route to electoral disaster.
Most of you regular Teabags are ardent followers of Cruz anarchy.
I'm happy to see you humiliated in abject failure.
Tea Party will purge the GOP of anyone not enamored of Annie Rand's republican destroying antics .
LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001666 Oct 11, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
eliminating the individual mandate would improve the law...
allowing sale of insurance across state lines would improve the law...
tort reform would improve the law....
Eliminating the individual mandate would kill the law, would not "improve" the law.

Tort reform has nothing to do with the health problems in the United States and does not belong in a health care law.

Now, as far as allowing for the sale of health insurance across state lines, that falls under regulating commerce "among the several States" and gets complicated. It's pretty certain states would start cutting regulatory mandates on insurance to attract insurance companies to their states which would be a mess. It could perhaps work. I don't know but it certainly isn't something that requires "rewriting" the law. And, that is what the majority of people are saying....let it be and amend it as we go along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 min Roxie Darling 1,537
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Learn to Read 182,146
laptop online shopping singapore 23 min Tan 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Earthling-1 49,345
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 37 min boundary painter 968
Word (Dec '08) 50 min boundary painter 4,794
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,263
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]