Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
919,821 - 919,840 of 1,082,722 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
How is being an angry misogynist working out for you?
who started the vagina talk??

Duh, it was you, Miss Vagina.

Deal with it.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
The 8 Craziest Things Ted Cruz has said:
1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him:“So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”
2. On the press:“The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”
3. On the Constitution:“This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”
4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech:“Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country
5. On hecklers, again:“It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”
6. On hecklers, a third time:“How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”
7. On the Cold War:“Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”
8. On Vice President Biden:“You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”
Tony Perkins, who leads the organization behind the Value Voters Summit, called Cruz “a de facto leader of the Republican Party” who was “filling a vacuum” at the top of the party. According to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday night, 44 percent of Americans don’t know who Ted Cruz. Among Americans that do, twice as many have unfavorable impressions of the Senator as have favorable ones.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/10/11/2...
Nobama still in line for food stamps today?
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

1. On Obama’s plot to kidnap him:“So this afternoon President Obama has invited the Senate Republicans to the White House. So after leaving here, I’m going to be going to the White House. I will make a request. if I’m never seen again, please send a search and rescue team. I very much hope by tomorrow morning I don’t wake up amidst the Syrian rebels.”
2. On the press:“The media wants America to give up and allow this country to keep sliding off the edge of the cliff.”
3. On the Constitution:“This is an administration that seems bound and determine to violate every single one of our bill of rights. I don’t know that they have yet violated the Third Amendment, but I expect them to start quartering soldiers in peoples’ homes soon.”
4. On the hecklers who interrupted his speech:“Is anybody left at OFA headquarters? I’m actually glad that the president’s whole political staff is here instead of actually doing mischief in the country
5. On hecklers, again:“It would seem that President Obama’s paid political operatives are out in force. The men and women in this room scare the living daylights out of them.”
6. On hecklers, a third time:“How scared is the President? What a statement of fear, what a statement of fear. Oh, they don’t want the truth to be heard. They definitely don’t want the truth to be heard.”
7. On the Cold War:“Our foreign policy is detente, which I’m pretty sure is French for surrender.”
8. On Vice President Biden:“You don’t need a punchline. You just say his name, people laugh.”
Tony Perkins, who leads the organization behind the Value Voters Summit, called Cruz “a de facto leader of the Republican Party” who was “filling a vacuum” at the top of the party. According to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday night, 44 percent of Americans don’t know who Ted Cruz. Among Americans that do, twice as many have unfavorable impressions of the Senator as have favorable ones.
You need to look up the definitions of "humor", "irony", and "context".

While you are at it,look up "mercy killing".....

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Over 1000 pieces of legislation against womens rights to their bodies is what should be creepy to you. Various bills ranging from forced use of transvaginal probes, to forcing women to have their rapists babies. Calling all sexually active women whores and feminazis should be creepy to you.
But, keep it up; you'll never get a candidate in the White House for a long, long time. Thanks teabaggers; you're great. Talk about domestic terrorism!
isn't an abortion a forced transvaginal probe? You should be asking: what's the problem with one more? if it saves one child. Aren't you liberals all about the children children children?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

McCain To Fox News: No, The Shutdown Is The GOP's Fault

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mccain-...

why do all these people keep stating the obvious?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is, she always thinks what she post something important. Comedy channel, indeed.
Obsess much?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well nevermind about Alinsky - even though Hillary Clinton DID write her thesis on him.
Because I know you and "USSR"1680 or something and sonic and LCN would have defended Republicans to the teeth just like you're doing with the Democrats if Republicans had written their own version of health care reform and passed it behind closed doors using bribes by the Republican House Minority leader and the Republican Senate Majority leader because it was the "democratic process" in action.
And I know you would not expect Democrats to want to change even one or two things in it and be submissive when Republicans refused to negotiate with them even if they represented the other half of the country and their best interests too.
So the subject is closed.
another yarn ....
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think I'd let you off so easy?? HAHAHAHAHAHA
Not on your life, you commie scum. I'l let you twist in the wind for awhile. Ask Gunner how I did it to him.
It's obvious you talked aboout the ghosts, because now you're backpeddling like a desperate fool. Too bad your Honda Rebel has no reverse!!
You keep denying what you said about talking to ghosts in your TV, and I'll keep reminding you of what you said.
I've got the post, and you know it. That's your problem. Your diaherrea of the mouth causes you to type all sorts of ignorance without thinking about it.
No Gov't shutdown?? Alow me to prove what a filthy liar you are.
Again.
""Government shutdown hits military towns hard""
Fayetteville, N.C., is one such community, heavily dependent on Ft. Bragg. The news that many civilian defense employees will return to work helps ease the pain.
""AYETTEVILLE, N.C.— First, Robert Randles got "riffed" — removed from his building inspector job at Ft. Bragg as part of the military's "reduction in force."
Next, he got "sequestered" — forced to take an unpaid day off every week for six weeks this summer from his new job as an electrician at the Army base.
Then, this month, Randles, a 50-year-old Army veteran, became a victim of the government shutdown. Along with 7,250 other civilian government workers at Ft. Bragg, he was furloughed.
The shutdown sent shock waves through Fayetteville, a tough, vibrant military town that for decades has enjoyed a symbiotic relationship with the sprawling military reservation on its shoulder. When asked where they're from, many Ft. Bragg soldiers born and raised elsewhere reply, "Fayetteville."
Fayetteville would still be a sleepy Southern hamlet without Ft. Bragg and the Army's adjacent Pope Field. The city's identity is inextricably bound with the military, from the gun stores and strip clubs along Bragg Boulevard to the "Iron Mike" paratrooper statue at the entrance to the city's revitalized downtown.""
----------
go tell your stupidity to the military at Ft. Bragg.
Make sure th eHonda Rebel is running and in gear, so's you can make your escape before the soldiers rip you to shreds.
Tell us more of your "Sarge" lies!! I notice you haven't tried the military lies since Ghost made a fool out of you for your ignorance about Vietnam1!
Morning, convict.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Gosh, Lily. The challenge to post the craziest things this president has said is hard to pass up. But there's so many, there isn't enough room to post them all without taking up a few pages.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama/Reid tried to use the Sequester to apply as much Pain to the American People it failed because nearly 75% of Americans Say Sequester Hasn't Impacted Them!!
So now they moved on to Round Two ‘Shutdown’ their tactic is Clear to maximize the Pain, break the Backs of those whom refuse to Bow at the Altar of Government… It Will Fail!!
states are filling in the void of democrats' failures, and O'bama and Co. are getting most of the blame for the shutdown.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good example of the Alinsky rule in action.
The Dems know that Obamacare cannot be implemented as written --with the exception of Reid and Pelosi probably. They know the exchange website is a train wreck. They know that premiums have increased.
So do they vote to correct the problems or at least delay it for a year.
Nope? They decide to make the shut down the issue idiotically thinking this will help them in a year from now election.
It was a stupid use of the rule as most people will still be unhappy with Obamacare a year from now.
lol! Then it's a good thing conservatives rewrote Alinsky's book and improved on it, eh son?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How about black with black lettering? I only want witty people with a sense of humor voting for me.
LOL! I saw an old man walking on a sidewalk yesterday with a tshirt that said "I'm Probably Lying"!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
And instead of fixing these alleged problems your solution to providing health care to uninsured Americans is??????????
I was having a conversation with a young dude (under 30) last night about saving and compound interest. The subject came up because he said by the time he got old there would be no SS left for him. By the way, the guy next to him said to him you put your money in and it will be there for you. I let that slide. Anyway, I tried to tell him that if he would set aside a couple of dollar a day and deposit it somewhere he could get a good rate of return it would add up in 30 years for him to take care of himself when he got old. He said he couldn't afford to set aside a couple of dollars a day. In the time we had the conversation he drank 4 Bud Lights and smoked at least three cigs. People don't want to be responsible for themselves. They would rather have the fun, the car, the big house, the fancy vacation every year and then screw the taxpayer when they got old or sick. Democrats know this and so pander to them. the destruction of the greatest country on Earth is on it's way from the inside out. It's a damn shame!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

thinkprogress... lily's communist spam...

Obama's continued government shutdown proves just how brown shirt the USA and demokRats have become since George Bush, comrade obama, denying people freedom, controlling peoples lives, and denying people their rights..

By executive order Comrade obama, can fund, close or open anything he chose you idiots...

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

When the Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait...

It's the culture...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
DBWriter, you asked if I had any other questions then you ran away. Here it is again in case you missed it.
Just for a minute think about the logic of what you're saying:
A. You blame Obama for jobs not being available.
B. You blame unemployed people for not finding jobs you claim aren't there.
Which is it?
If the jobs aren't there how can people find them?
If the jobs are there then you have no argument that he's a job killer.
Obama is just a figurehead. He doesn't do anything. For Obama to do anything wrong, he actually has to do something. However, because those who are actually making the decisions use Obama's image and name, let's just blame it on Obama, ok?

Let's talk about Obama's "recovery". There are 5 times as many part time jobs being created as full time jobs.
Now, let's talk about available jobs. There are more than 30 million illegal aliens here doing the work Obama is paying other people to not do. If you can't find a job, take one of those jobs. go in there and tell them you're an American and you have a right to that job, and the Constitution and federal law will back you up. Now, all you have to do is get a president that will enforce the law.

Perhaps you need to look beyond your own neighborhood for a job. How about going to some state like, oh, say, Texas and get a job. It's booming there.

The job situation is doing nothing but getting worse under Obama. Each day the opportunities to do what I suggest become fewer. They're still there, though. Just go out there and find them. Buy a copy of the Houston chronicle and look through the classifieds if you can't think of anything else to do. Get on the internet and look for a job.

I'll tell you how to find a job.
Get up every moning early and start looking. Stop at every place of business or where you see work being done and ask. Show them you are the type of person who wants to work for a living. Take the first job offered. Show up for work every day on time, and do what you're paid to do when you're at work.
You can't do this for one hour on one day. You have to do this until you get a job. That's how you get a job if you can't get one any other way.
Wake up before sunrise. Get an early start. Hunt until you find something. You may be faced with the situation where nobody's going to bring something to you, you will have to go find it yourself.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes. I must say their desperation is interesting to watch. They are holding on by a very thin thread and pulling out every stop to try and right their sinking ship.
"For despair, optimism is the only practical solution. Hope is practical. Because eliminate that and it's pretty scary. Hope at least gives you the option of living." Harry Nilsson
The polls aren't working in their favor either.

They're still sliding.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
my conservative son-in-law was crying about Silk Road being shutdown.
he just thought it was cool that someone was giving the Government the middle finger.
as for my proclivities as to recreational drugs....i've never inhaled.
Hahaha... Yeah, that one was too good to be true. As I said before, I'd actually LOVE to have a big chunk of hashish to ease the aching pain of my athletic joint injuries with one breath at night time. A helluva lot better and easier on the bod than the opiates docs will prescribe....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Some urban legends die hard and this is one of them.
Heritage ditched the idea when they found it was unworkable.
A state run program is very different from the Feds grabbing control of the Insurance industry which was previously a state issue.
I didn't think Heritage is considered conservative at this time. Isn't it Libertarian?
I know what I am posting.
lol!

"Refusing to post links to back up your claims contrary to history is not an argument -it is waving the white flag." - whatever
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Senate Republicans gathered to meet with President Barack Obama at the White House amid green shoots of optimism that an end to the federal government's shutdown could be within reach.

The Senate GOP met with the president after a late-Thursday meeting between top House Republicans and Obama jump-started hopes of an end to the stalemate that threatened a default on the national debt, and a federal government shutdown that extended into its 11th day on Friday.

The Senate Republicans' meeting included moderates who have been working to craft an agreement to reopen the government, as well as conservative firebrands like Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who delivered an unflinching defense of his role in the government shutdown before a gathering of conservative activists hours before the meeting.

The meeting between Obama and his chief Republican adversaries in the House on Thursday prompted a sharp change in tone from the acrimony that had come to define fiscal negotiations in Washington over the past few months.

According to the latest NBC/WSJ poll, the shutdown has been a political disaster. One in three say the shutdown has directly impacted their lives, and 65 percent say the shutdown is doing quite a bit of harm to the economy. NBC's Chuck Todd reports.

GOP negotiators worked with Obama administration aides through the night to cobble together a short-term agreement to both extend the nation's borrowing authority and reinstate funding for vital government operations. If both of those conditions are met, Obama has said he would then -- and only then -- be willing to engage in broader fiscal negotiations with Republicans.

Republicans were said to be offering a six-week extension of government borrowing, and perhaps a reinstatement of government funding -- the second of which Obama demanded on top of an initial Republican offer on Thursday to only raise the debt limit. Democrats are wary, though, of such a short extension in the debt limit, and Republicans in the Senate may offer their own alternative plan.

The stakes from the talks are high on several fronts. Financial markets have nervously watched Washington for signs of an agreement that would avoid default on the national debt by Oct. 17, the deadline by which Congress must extend the government's borrowing authority.

The fiscal standoff also had broad political implications, as well. An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday found that unfavorable opinion of the Republican Party had reached all-time highs, and that 70 percent of Americans disapproved of the way in which Republicans in Congress were handling the budget standoff.

The pressure from Wall Street, combined with sharply changing public opinion against the GOP, has helped prompt Republican leaders' recent work toward reaching an ad

Republican leaders appeared cautiously optimistic late Thursday, saying that a 90 minute meeting with the president was fruitful, even though both sides did not come to an agreement about a temporary hike in the debt ceiling.

"I left thinking I believe it is possible for us to get it all done," House Rules Committee Chairman Pete Sessions, R-Texas, said, adding that the overnight negotiations would be "critical to the success" of a deal.

“The president didn't say yes, he didn't say no,” House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan told NBC News of the House proposal to raise the debt ceiling for six weeks.“It was a useful conversations. We're now going to negotiate."

Rep. Lynn Jenkins of Kansas, the vice chairman of the House GOP Conference, told CNBC that House leaders hope to have the government reopened by Monday.

The impact of the first government shutdown in 17 years was felt across America as offices were shuttered and workers were sent home after lawmakers failed to come to a deal.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
How many people remember the Democrats spewing obvious lies when they vehemently objected to the obvious conclusion that there will be rationing and death panels?
Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. AGE 76, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY CANCER TREATMENTS.
The movie "Logan's Run" comes to mind.
Really? You believe that bull? Why don't you actually READ the act instead of posting lies from 2009? I actually thought you were smarter than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min LRS 175,014
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min DEAR ABBY 7 29 97,569
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 16 min Jimkirk 132
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 57 min raphael 3,839
Six-year-old girl watches in horror as police '... 59 min LuckyGirlDidnt BARE Teeth 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min CDC 48,966
Chicago the murder capital of the U.S.? Let's g... 1 hr AlsoTheNegraMurderCapitol 2
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search