Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382314 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#1001367 Oct 11, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Truckers Ride for the Constitution October 11 - Take to Beltway in protest of Obama...

See Facebook Truckers Ride For The Constitution 150,688 likes ยท 105,135 talking about this..

https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstituti...

The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless leader and chief obama...

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

Go Truckers!!... Go Middle Clas!!... Go Bikers!!...

It's the culture...
Obama please NEGOTIATE!!!

He is the obstacle!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001368 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>they were touting they needed 16 million last week to keep the O'bamanotcare up and running--now it is 7 million? it cost over 600 million for the O'bamacare website--does this make any sense to anyone?
Not when they keep having "glitches" as Galt pointed out. This is a problem with the source code and beyond just glitches.

Add in that the site is insecure and it only compounds it.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001369 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Nuc actually posted "Vaginas aren't good at facts."
If that is Dem culture, they are in trouble.
Nuculur option Post#1001157:- Vaginas aren't good at facts. They just spew nasty mucous.

Nucs sellout statement forever recorded on the internet...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1001370 Oct 11, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have been really impressed with the clowns in LA questioned on the street by reporters. Turns out that plenty of people hate Obamacare, but love the Affordable Care Act.
Not too long ago, a reputable poll showed that 1 in 4 Americans didn't even know the ACA was the law of the land.

Perhaps someone has told them by now.

Saw those interviews too, by the way. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

United States

#1001371 Oct 11, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for crying out loud. We already have "healthcare providers making difficult choices about who will receive a particular health care service". We have had "utilization management" since the 40's.
Grow up.
Do you see dead people in the streets?

Obamacare ALREADY refuses to provide a lung to a little girl!

See? You idiot Liberal blind idiot Are an idiot as an idiot can be!

I only hope and pray that your littler daughter or relative girl need a lung and gets rejected too!!!

United States

#1001372 Oct 11, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see dead people in the streets?

Obamacare ALREADY refuses to provide a lung to a little girl!

See? You idiot Liberal blind idiot Are an idiot as an idiot can be!

I only hope and pray that your littler daughter or relative girl need a lung and gets rejected too!!!
I only hope and pray that your littler daughter or relative girl need a lung and gets REFUSED by Obamacare too!!!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1001373 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay let's add the numbers up 62% do not like the law as written. Only 26% wants the law to take effect as written from your stats above.
There you go twisting things again.

FACT: Only 33 percent hate Obamacare and want to see it repealed, delayed, or defunded.

EVERYONE ELSE wants to see it succeed or even expanded.

You can repeat "Americans hate Obamacare" over and over again until you are blue in the face but that old axiom "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" just isn't working out for you.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1001374 Oct 11, 2013
Does anyone pay any attention to Alex Jones anymore?

I hope his fans are few as he keeps saying outrageous things.

His latest was -marathon bombings were a false flag leading to re-victimization of victims.

Orlando, FL

#1001375 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans wants a one year extension of Obamacare
Not unreasonable considering very few can even sign up and the IRS is going to collect penalty fines after December 31 regardless.

But only reasonable people can grasp this simple concept apparently.

"Don't you dare touch my ugly baby!"
~Barack Obama

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1001376 Oct 11, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>they were touting they needed 16 million last week to keep the O'bamanotcare up and running--now it is 7 million? it cost over 600 million for the O'bamacare website--does this make any sense to anyone?
Nope! Maybe the libtards with their loony logic.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1001377 Oct 11, 2013
facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...

"Carole Pratt facebook:- I have had my own private policy that I will not be able to afford to keep once the rates triple per the letter I received from Humana. I'm not eligible for "affordable" coverage on the exchange, don't qualify for subsidy. I am living, documented proof this is system will not work for me. No propaganda here."

Tear down this Wall Obama...

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1001378 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. And Democrats are going to have one helluva time defending Obamacare this time next year too.
It seems to me it's going to be a lot easier for Republicans to come together after trying to solve the problem of Obamacare and insisting Obama act like an adult leader in a two-party system than Democrats defending the impending disaster after the present back and forth is all said and done and forgotten.
Can't you just see the ads in 2014 showing Mount Rushmore and the WWII Monument railed up and sandbagged for no reason whatsoever except to punish the people to get back at Republicans?
With Nancy Pelosi on a split screen giving a grandstand speech on the National Mall for illegal immigrants at the same time?
I can pretty much guarantee that won't be so easily forgotten.
That's a good one. Hope somebody makes it.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1001379 Oct 11, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Did anybody see Crossfire last night? Van Jones and Ted Cruz? It was phenomenal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dWwmySI0cgMXX&feature=you tu.be
communist Van Jones who was thrown out of the O'bama administration? that Van Jones? ROTFLMAO.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1001380 Oct 11, 2013
Government shutdown!

Fighting over how to spend OUR money...

Why?

Where did all those trillions go?

They went here...

"Comic Superhero Mouse Teaches History of Printing"
$31,350

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1001381 Oct 11, 2013
Government shutdown!

Why?

It went here...

an all-time classic!

Critter Crossing!
$150,000

Save the Salamander!

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

United States

#1001382 Oct 11, 2013
Scott Walker ask for a $100 million tax cut because Wisconsing has a surplus based on CAPITALISM and Conservatism!!!

In the mean time, Democrat Detroit declares bankruptcy while their Major goes to jail for acting as a typical Democrat criminal.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1001383 Oct 11, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is just a figurehead. He doesn't do anything. For Obama to do anything wrong, he actually has to do something. However, because those who are actually making the decisions use Obama's image and name, let's just blame it on Obama, ok?
Let's talk about Obama's "recovery". There are 5 times as many part time jobs being created as full time jobs.
Now, let's talk about available jobs. There are more than 30 million illegal aliens here doing the work Obama is paying other people to not do. If you can't find a job, take one of those jobs. go in there and tell them you're an American and you have a right to that job, and the Constitution and federal law will back you up. Now, all you have to do is get a president that will enforce the law.
Perhaps you need to look beyond your own neighborhood for a job. How about going to some state like, oh, say, Texas and get a job. It's booming there.
The job situation is doing nothing but getting worse under Obama. Each day the opportunities to do what I suggest become fewer. They're still there, though. Just go out there and find them. Buy a copy of the Houston chronicle and look through the classifieds if you can't think of anything else to do. Get on the internet and look for a job.
I'll tell you how to find a job.
Get up every moning early and start looking. Stop at every place of business or where you see work being done and ask. Show them you are the type of person who wants to work for a living. Take the first job offered. Show up for work every day on time, and do what you're paid to do when you're at work.
You can't do this for one hour on one day. You have to do this until you get a job. That's how you get a job if you can't get one any other way.
Wake up before sunrise. Get an early start. Hunt until you find something. You may be faced with the situation where nobody's going to bring something to you, you will have to go find it yourself.
So your saying there are plenty of jobs out there that someone could easily find that they could support a family on. Since you didn't provide any reference to support your premise that jobs are disappearing we'll assume this is just another rant.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1001384 Oct 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing the American people donated to the Fisher House out of the goodness of their hearts to fund the families of the fallen soldiers - which should be near and dear to your own heart.
Obama and Hagel were too busy contacting lawyers and waiting for them to tell them it was okay.
Yet, Obama has no problem writing checks to the Egyptian leader using the power of the Executive Branch and Executive Order.
Go figure.
And you don't see something wrong with this picture?
Crazy talk from Lois Lame, liar extraordinaire.

BTW during Vietnam, the family of those soldiers who had SGLI deducted from their monthly pay would receive $10,000 upon the soldiers death. Paltry__particularly for those married draftees with children.

Additionally, all young men of that era faced obstacles when it came to buying any form/amount of life insurance due to the possibility of being drafted. Young men of that era faced other obstacles as well including employment opportunities, college admissions, auto-home loans etc and of course many young women wanted zero to do with those going off to war. Even young men who didn't serve faced those handicaps.

Orlando, FL

#1001385 Oct 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole thing was poorly handled.
Jay Carney was stating they wouldn't sign a bill allowing a Death Benefit at the same time they were voting for such on the Hill.
Carney stated Fisher House plan was a good one, then at 8:30 pm last night the news wires announce Obama signed it.
Jay Carney couldn't even tell a reporter after being asked repeatedly when the president learned of the unbelievable incompetence that allowed this to happen.

It was like deja vu and the press conferences about Benghazi and the corruption in the IRS all over again.

Seems Obama is always above the fray and Carney has no clue as to what the president knows and doesn't know about anything when it's his frikkin' job to know.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1001386 Oct 11, 2013
Government shutdown!

Why?

It went here...

ATF...
Studied a...ahum...mummy!
$20,000
www.coburn.senate.gov/public/iGovernment shutdown!Fighting over how to spend OUR money...Why?Where did all those trillions go?It went here...ndex.cfm?a=Files.Serve &File_id=774a6cca-18fa-461 9-987b-a15eb44e7f18

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min IB DaMann 59,447
last post wins! (Dec '10) 29 min honeymylove 2,027
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 45 min Ricky F 101,921
News Nearly 1,400 people shot this year as Chicago b... 1 hr bozo 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 214,275
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,141
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,496
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages