Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
919,281 - 919,300 of 1,101,136 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1000640 Oct 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... as conservatives applaud!
Well, they were for a few minutes...now they are pouty little girls.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000641 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you can call it whatever you want, but the GOP will be losing the House in 2014, and god knows how many decades before we see another conservative Republican in the WH.
<spam>

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1000642 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
"For the first time in its 32-year history, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has published a report investigating press freedom in the United States. Published Thursday, the report follows an unprecedented number of prosecutions of government sources and seizures of journalists' records under the Obama administration that many contend have curtailed press freedom and government transparency."
Chicago politics
Read this report from Pulitzer Prize winner Seymour Hersh. It's on the same subject of "journalism" in the U.S..

Obama is fortunate Hersh isn't focused on him.

Eye opening to say the least.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/media-blog/2...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000643 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are doing WORSE.
"Do you approve or disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing?:
Quinnipiac 17% approve/74% disapprove/9% unsure
Pew 24% approve/ 68% disapprove/ 8% unsure
FOX News Poll (FNS) 24% approve/66% disapprove/9% unsure
CBS 21% approve/73% disapprove/6% unsure
http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm
What difference does it make?

Once you slip below 40% in approval ratings (Dems in low 30%) what you are doing is widely unpopular.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1000644 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal government had managed Social Security and kept it solvent, there wouldn't be the need for reforms.
But only republicans are demanding reforms. Even though democrats know it won't be solvent much longer.
Can you explain that?
Here's how I see it:

If you don't accept biology, geology or archeology you don't accept science. Its an all or nothing proposition. Therefore, you need to eschew cable TV, the internet, antibiotics, and defibrillators.

Now go die you moronic evangelical "christians" and get the fck out of MY government!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000645 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you might want to try to make a connection between social media and the sites you mention. or a connection between them and the WH. this is not FOX News.
facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000646 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you might want to try to make a connection between social media and the sites you mention. or a connection between them and the WH. this is not FOX News.
Read the article.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000647 Oct 10, 2013
Seymour wrote:
I seriously wonder if their will be a GOP ten years from now. It could splinter into two parties.
Is it too late to vote for Ross Pero(sp?)
If not for all the free government birth control and Klan Parent Hood controlling the numbers of libtards born, and with the help of all the queer marriages... The demokRatic party would not be a remembrance in 20 years...

It's the culture...

Bozeman, MT

#1000648 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama shut down the Amber Alert System", "Obama won't authorize death benefits to families of fallen soldiers"..OOPS. Stupid twits. Funny to watch.
The Office of Management and Budget is responsible for what is shutdown and what isn't, not the republican members of the House.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000649 Oct 10, 2013
Seymour wrote:
I seriously wonder if their will be a GOP ten years from now. It could splinter into two parties.
Is it too late to vote for Ross Pero(sp?)
I wonder if there will be a Dem party.

I wonder if there will be any parties.

I wonder if the country totally implodes and the constitution is voided and the USA is no more.

Location hidden

#1000650 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>facebook hates obamacare: Read the hate-filled posts and see ads pandering to blacks and hispanics... https://www.facebook.com/Healthcare.gov...
No surprise the stupidest poster on the forum cites Facebook as a source.

Go fck yourself and I'm preemptively denying the quotes from me you'll alter to suit your idiocy.

Location hidden

#1000651 Oct 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I just knew you'd dig a source up!
Oh, I have no doubt that they will claim that the Chief Economist at the International Energy Agency doesn't know what he's talking about. They'll stand their ground by claiming there is "no such thing as an oil subsidy". Cretins.(Leo...I know, I know..I ended a sentence with a preposition ;0)
Seymour

Marion, OH

#1000652 Oct 10, 2013
Looks like the Republicans are breaking on the debt ceiling and reopening the Gov't.
Viva America! Viva Obama! Dead% Tea Party!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000653 Oct 10, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how I see it:
If you don't accept biology, geology or archeology you don't accept science. Its an all or nothing proposition. Therefore, you need to eschew cable TV, the internet, antibiotics, and defibrillators.
Now go die you moronic evangelical "christians" and get the fck out of MY government!
And... Your life isn't all that precious anyway Detzing, it's a most renewable resource you idiot...

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#1000654 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal government had managed Social Security and kept it solvent, there wouldn't be the need for reforms.
But only republicans are demanding reforms. Even though democrats know it won't be solvent much longer.
Can you explain that?
Oh, I didn't even read this post, it was the first one that came up so I replied. BUT ... now that I've read it allow me ...

Where were your stalwart Republicans during the SIX years they held complete sway over all three branches of government vis a vis SS REFORM?????????

How can you be soooooooo stupid?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000655 Oct 10, 2013
This forum is rife with leftwinger threats of violence, beatings, chained confinement, starvation and heart stopping domestic terrorist death threats...

It's the culture...
Doobie

Marion, OH

#1000656 Oct 10, 2013
The Repubs are Greata Van Suskrind and the Democrats are Crystal Ball I think that says it all

Location hidden

#1000657 Oct 10, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>if it is a hoax then why did the FEDS as in O'bama call up the National Guard to close off the 495 tomorrow. He said since the 495 is a federal highway and the government is closed then close the 495. Your president is a piece of sheet and that is being nice.
I'm sure that will be debunked like all the other nut case "news flashes" you and your cronies post.

Bozeman, MT

#1000658 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip.
This has only crossed the news wires in the last hour.
Seymour doesn't like your name calling.
If USA truly believes Obama knew nothing of the death benefits not being paid, she is even more brainwashed than I originally thought.

A private donor was ready to step in and pay the (ridiculously low) amount of $100,000 per family. This was apparently too much for the Obama regime to deal with, hence the feigned shock and dismay.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000659 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
You, USA and Seymour are all paranoid about Fox News-interesting.

You should know what social media is but here is Wikipedia's definition of it
"Social media technologies take on many different forms including magazines, Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, microblogging, wikis, social networks, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking. Technologies include: blogs, picture-sharing, vlogs, wall-postings, music-sharing, crowdsourcing and voice over IP, to name a few. Many of these services can be integrated via social network aggregation platforms. By applying a set of theories in the field of media research (social presence, media richness) and social processes (self-presentation, self-disclosure) Kaplan and Haenlein created a classification scheme in their Business Horizons (2010) article, with six different types of social media: collaborative projects (for example, Wikipedia), blogs and microblogs (for example, Twitter), content communities (for example, YouTube and DailyMotion), social networking sites (for example, Facebook), virtual game worlds (e.g., World of Warcraft), and virtual social worlds (e.g. Second Life)."

Those sites I used as examples fall into the blog area. None of the ones I listed can in any stretch of the imagination be called news sites. In fact most of them are partisan charities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Learn to Read 177,512
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min RADIO 46,362
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min James 68,394
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 302
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search