Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1000284 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
At the present time it would be prudent to have most of your account in cash if you are concerned about security...
Bulls and bears win...only pigs get slaughtered.
I have money spread all over the place. I don't put all my eggs in one basket.
Laney F

New York, NY

#1000285 Oct 10, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
Hello?
This db mom.
You want a screw?
db not home
That big pusceee suck you later
Forget about it! db is Borhnets byyytch.
Hello?
This db mom.
You want a screw?
Let me get db.....
db db db!
Time you make money! Time screw!
db put down dogs ballllkz!
Hello?
This db mom.
You want a screw?
db not home now.
db big pusceeee! He screw in later....
Hello?
Hello?
Hi?
This db mom
Obviously, English is your second language. Ebonics is your first.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000286 Oct 10, 2013
"glitches"...the Obama legacy

" The National Security Agency's $2 billion mega spy center is going up in flames.

Technical glitches have sparked fiery explosions within the NSA's newest and largest data storage facility in Utah, destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, and delaying the facility's opening by one year."
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000287 Oct 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Masochist!!!
lily Yelling ghetto at your boo boo in the middle of the street...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000288 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>We did not have a 401K when they hired me. Don't pretend to know what my company does/doesn't do. As usual you are an idiot.
this "shutdown" is really getting to you.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1000289 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I haven't been following your discussion but oil companies, nuclear power, and coal, all receive federal "subsidies".
Oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses with oil industry producers claiming that helps them "weather market fluctuations"....in other words, helps to keep the price low or competitive." The very definition of a subsidy.
Oil Change International defines fossil fuel subsidies as “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers.” The Oil Change International has a spreadsheet breaking down various fossil fuel "subsidies".
Granted, more than half of the $4 BILLION ($2.5 billion to be exact) a year in "subsidies" goes to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, tax exemptions for farm fuel and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program but that leaves $1.5 BILLION going to oil companies.
http://priceofoil.org/about/
Senator John Cornyn (a Republican from Texas, of course)“opposes removing any energy SUBSIDIES.” Staffers state that “the Senator believes that all energy sources need to be developed to the fullest amount possible to maintain low energy costs.”
How about you compare your preferred definition of "subsidy" to the actual definition in the goddam dictionary. If you're going to communicate in the English language, you have to use words consistent with their definition in the English language. Your preferred definition is the usual tactic used by so-called "progressives" when they want to fool everyone into believing something they don't want already exists.

A subsidy is money given. You can't change the definition of a word in the English language just because it's inconvenient to your propaganda.

You have not been able to identify any subsidy paid to oil companies. Nobody here has been able to identify any subsidy paid to oil companies.
Subsidies to oil companies are an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy to any oil company in the United States.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1000290 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I haven't been following your discussion but oil companies, nuclear power, and coal, all receive federal "subsidies".
Oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses with oil industry producers claiming that helps them "weather market fluctuations"....in other words, helps to keep the price low or competitive." The very definition of a subsidy.
Oil Change International defines fossil fuel subsidies as “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers.” The Oil Change International has a spreadsheet breaking down various fossil fuel "subsidies".
Granted, more than half of the $4 BILLION ($2.5 billion to be exact) a year in "subsidies" goes to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, tax exemptions for farm fuel and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program but that leaves $1.5 BILLION going to oil companies.
http://priceofoil.org/about/
Senator John Cornyn (a Republican from Texas, of course)“opposes removing any energy SUBSIDIES.” Staffers state that “the Senator believes that all energy sources need to be developed to the fullest amount possible to maintain low energy costs.”
However, your post was the best composed trying to identify some subsidy to oil companies.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1000291 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
New GOP offer: Temporarily raise the debt limit, then negotiate over shutdown
Republicans starting to cave.
Was only a matter of time.
<spam>

What government shut down? I don't see any government shut down. It looks like the government is up and running from here.
Backfire

Newington, CT

#1000292 Oct 10, 2013
Democratic leaders who run the District of Columbia are rapidly losing patience with their Democratic colleagues in Congress and the White House, lashing out at them over the partial government shutdown and questioning their overall strategy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1000293 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If you knew how our government worked you'd realize Obama cannot and did not shut down the government.
And Hitler never killed any jew, also.

First of all, the government isn't shut down. It's a hoax. All the Democrats wanted to do when they "shut down" the government is divert attention from their criminal, unconstitutional, and outright buffoonery activities.
The government is getting enough money. It doesn't need any more to do what the government needs to do. Perhaps Big Bird should get less money, and children with cancer should get more money. Obviously, the Democrats' priority opposes that.

Also, for Obama to have done something wrong, he would actually have to have done something. Obama has never done anything in his entire life. His entire life is fraudulent. He's nothing more than someone on vacation in the White House playing golf and reading from a teleprompter and signing documents when he's ordered to do so.
Obama definitely didn't do anything to shut the govenment down. I'll use only half that sentence. Obama didn't do anything... ever. He's a hoax.
Backfire

Newington, CT

#1000294 Oct 10, 2013
The impasse has D.C. Democrats suddenly on the side of Republicans, and publicly challenging Democrats.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1000295 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
this "shutdown" is really getting to you.
Actually I've hardly noticed, if it weren't for the headlines and this thread I probably wouldn't pay it much mind at all. I am amused by the Republican implosion. I think I may lose my Independent status and join the Republican party and see if I can help them out. If the Republican party is no more I will have to turn on the Democrats.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1000296 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
What government shut down? I don't see any government shut down. It looks like the government is up and running from here.
Surprised you could see that far from your tree house.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1000297 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
Homer completely surrounded by rightwing retards.
And they're in dismay heading towards desperation as they see Boehner and friends folding.

Note that the right wing loons are all well off topic today in favor of throwing insults.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#1000298 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about you compare your preferred definition of "subsidy" to the actual definition in the goddam dictionary. If you're going to communicate in the English language, you have to use words consistent with their definition in the English language. Your preferred definition is the usual tactic used by so-called "progressives" when they want to fool everyone into believing something they don't want already exists.
A subsidy is money given. You can't change the definition of a word in the English language just because it's inconvenient to your propaganda.
You have not been able to identify any subsidy paid to oil companies. Nobody here has been able to identify any subsidy paid to oil companies.
Subsidies to oil companies are an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy to any oil company in the United States.
Hello?

This db mom

get off computer db

Borhnets here! he fccckkkkk you long time db!

You make money!

Hello?

This db mom

db can't play today

he lick dogs ballllkz and dog bite db hard on face

I tell db no

db big pusceeeee

he no listen he get bit

Hello?

This db mom

db not home

He screw in later

Ok?

Hello?

This db mom

You want a screw?

db no screw now

He get nailed by huge brown ccccckkkkks

HELLO?

THIS DB MOM

DB IS A BIG PUSCEEEE!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1000299 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
"glitches"...the Obama legacy
" The National Security Agency's $2 billion mega spy center is going up in flames.
Technical glitches have sparked fiery explosions within the NSA's newest and largest data storage facility in Utah, destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment, and delaying the facility's opening by one year."
$2 billion? Really? Gaaaaawwwddaaaaaammmmmm.
We're spending 2 billion dollars so the government will have a facility to violate the 4th Amendment to the Constitution?
Don't we have more urgent needs for that money?
That's a huge argument to cut the money appropriated to the government by Congress. That is insane.... and treason.
The Executive Branch is obligated to ensure the Constitution remains the principle rule everything happens in accordance with. To use that position to intentionally violate that obligation is actually a rebellion against the constitutional republic.
Treason.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000300 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
New GOP offer: Temporarily raise the debt limit, then negotiate over shutdown
Republicans starting to cave.
Was only a matter of time.
Obama is caving as agreed to it while Reid still against.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1000301 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And Hitler never killed any jew, also.
First of all, the government isn't shut down. It's a hoax. All the Democrats wanted to do when they "shut down" the government is divert attention from their criminal, unconstitutional, and outright buffoonery activities.
The government is getting enough money. It doesn't need any more to do what the government needs to do. Perhaps Big Bird should get less money, and children with cancer should get more money. Obviously, the Democrats' priority opposes that.
Also, for Obama to have done something wrong, he would actually have to have done something. Obama has never done anything in his entire life. His entire life is fraudulent. He's nothing more than someone on vacation in the White House playing golf and reading from a teleprompter and signing documents when he's ordered to do so.
Obama definitely didn't do anything to shut the govenment down. I'll use only half that sentence. Obama didn't do anything... ever. He's a hoax.
LOL!
Pale Rider

AOL

#1000302 Oct 10, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Listen all Democrats:
As you know the House is to blame for the Government Shutdown.
Also many of you know Ohio is full of stupid Republicans, that no matter what Obama does, it is wrong.
There is a Republican on Columbus Topix, by the name of Diamond Eugene. If you are a Democrat, he will try to run you off. Come join Columbus, OH Topix, to show your support for Democrats today!
Calling all DEMOCRATS

CALLING Every Democrat

Listen we need some democratsto show these Ohio Republicans we are united.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000303 Oct 10, 2013
Backfire wrote:
The impasse has D.C. Democrats suddenly on the side of Republicans, and publicly challenging Democrats.
Uh oh, Homer. This isn't working out like you and Reid hoped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Guru 186,834
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min _Zoey_ 5,882
New Rapper Seven Dyce 1 hr Seven Dyce 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,598
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 4 hr Glen M 81
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr litesong 52,689
Abia state school of nursing 2015/16 form isout... 9 hr Mr paul 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]