Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420651 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000184 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Democrats were able to pass a major and far-reaching health care law with every single Republican and the majority against it with a strict partisan vote in 2009.
But they lost the House in 2010 for a reason and now they have to deal with negotiating with Republicans and giving something in return.
For them to even think otherwise proves their incompetence and arrogance as leaders and elected officials.
demokRATs had to move the goal post to get obamakkkare passed with 51 votes...

It's the culture...
TSM

United States

#1000185 Oct 10, 2013
This president is Historic; First to have our Credit Rating downgraded, first to deny our Fallen Heroes Death Benefits, why not be the First to Default on our Debt Payments!!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000187 Oct 10, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Leo, how ya been?
This thread was moving so fast I didn't see this till my lil beitch Eman commented on it.
I'm on my iPhone I don't see their judge its.
I miss the old crew.
Janet, the debil, curly, have all been AWOL.
I had a very busy summer but ill be working from my home office for awhile this month.
Bad news for the tea bag domestic terrorists
:-)
she got herself knocked up by a different John. Guess you'll have to wait your turn.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000188 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So now we are using Webster's dictionary?
I prefer the Urban Dictionary and trust me PA is loaded with them -
Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South, often in the Appalachian (Or sometimes Ozark) Mountains and therefore is isolated and somewhat out of touch with modern culture.
The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.
Still cannot figure out why a Progressive like you is attacking the intelligence of a blue state.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1000189 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing you figured out your erroneous communist perspective of government owning everything by default is the cause of you not knowing what you're talking about and making you look like an ignorant buffoon.
Let's try this again.
When did you receive the authority to change the definition of the word "subsidy" in the English language?
sub·si·dy
noun: subsidy;&#8195;plural noun: subsidies. a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive.
"a farm subsidy"
If the government never collected the money, that money was never the government's to grant, you fucking moron.
I know you communists have a very difficult time understanding the concept that the government doesn't own everything by default.
The money belongs to the private company. The only money that belongs to the government is the money the government collected. If the government never collected that money, that money does not belong to the government, thus the government cannot "grant" that money to any company because that money doesn't belong to the government.
A government "grant" is money given, just like a grant given to some student.
There are no subsidies to oil companies. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy to oil companies in the United States.
And, the money doesn't belong to the government. Only the taxes collected belong to the government. All other money belongs to the private company. The government cannot grant money it does not possess to the company that already possesses that money.
Just how stupid are you?
I posted a definition. Go back & read it or STFU.

Your problem is that you think the only way the government can offer monetary help is through a cash payment.

This is because you are sofa king stupid.

Say you decide to buy take out at the local Chinese place. You have a menu & order $15.00 worth of stuff. You get to the counter & they hand you the $15.00 bill for your stuff. As you pull out your wallet, a coupon falls out for $3.00. You hand that coupon & twelve dollars to the counterperson & go home.

Thanks to that coupon, you now have $3 more in your wallet than you would have had without it. According to you, that coupon did not do that because it was allowing you to keep your own money.. We all know that coupon saved you $3.$3.00 that have now that you would not have if you did not use that coupon.

A tax break allows a corporation to keep monies that they would normally have to pay the government.

Just like that coupon.

You & Flacktard are dumber than sh*t.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1000191 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Democrats were able to pass a major and far-reaching health care law with every single Republican and the majority against it with a strict partisan vote in 2009.
But they lost the House in 2010 for a reason and now they have to deal with negotiating with Republicans and giving something in return.
For them to even think otherwise proves their incompetence and arrogance as leaders and elected officials.
AND MITT ROMNEY RAN AGAINST OBAMA,

PROMISING TO REPEAL OBAMACARE.

HE LOST!

HE LOST!

HE LOST!

OBAMACARE KICKED HIS AZZZZZZ!

AND YOURS!

you senile old flea bag!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1000192 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Too bad they are your butty dems words. I just proved what a fckn hypocrite you are. Too damn easy.
I don't read his posts. I read yours.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000193 Oct 10, 2013
Uh oh

Reid comes out swinging stating they probably won't bring the extension of debt ceiling bill to a vote.

While...

Carney is stating Obama would sign it
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000195 Oct 10, 2013
Tell me who needs Obamacare?

Senior citizens – eligible for Medicare

Native Americans – eligible for Indian Health Services

The military – eligible for military insurance

The blind and disabled – eligible for Medicare.

Children to age 19, up to 185% of FPL – eligible for Medicaid.

Pregnant women, up to 185% of FPL – eligible for Medicaid

Parents of a dependent child, up to 37% of FPL –eligible for Medicaid

Single parents transitioning from welfare to work – eligible for Medicaid

Aged, blind, and disabled up to 100% of FPL – eligible for Medicaid

2000 pages of legislation just to force insurance companies to insure some folks with pre-existing conditions?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000197 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Correction: To USA
All your butt hurt whining is doing is making you look like...
SURPRISE
a butt hurt whiner.
Grow a skin.
So you are frontporch?? You keep leaking and don't know how to control yourself.
lol! And yet, whining is all you idiots do!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000198 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The exchange isn't for everyone. By April, it is said that 7 million people will be signed up and Obamacare will be a success. That just scares the hell out of Republicans.
only 7 million would be a miserable failure....particularly when many of those will be people who already had insurance but lost it because of ObamaKKKare...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000199 Oct 10, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU Aunt Jemimah, or I'll tie your apron strings to your shoelaces so you end up fat face down in the pancake batter (with your big floppy lipsntitties flappin in the breeze).....:-)
lol! poor wolfie.

Can't stand the light!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1000201 Oct 10, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"DBWriter"
Kind of amazing, the liberals on this thread scream out the praises of our boy president nobama but can point to little he has accomplished? A few cite nobamakare, but a solid majority of American's do not support or want the fiasco. Well he did plan and lead the mission that got bin laden. He did "win" a Nobel peace prize. He does know how to use math, he;
- Divides the country
- He subtracts jobs
- He adds debt
- He multiplies misery
He enjoys golf, he keeps his courses open, but he saves money by making war memorials off limits to our veterans, but at the same time finds money to open said memorials to illegal aliens.
Also amazing they speak of only his leadership in getting bin laden, they ignore his other "accomplishments".
Peace
Ed, I think a person who planned to be playing golf all day on the day the United States was going to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden was completely out of the loop and didn't have a clue the operation was even happening.
That's just logic. The timeline is another story.
40 minutes before the SEAL team landed it was leaked to Vallerie Jarrett the mission was happening, and she immediately summoned Obama from the golf course. That is the 40 minutes Obama refers to when he talks about this. Obama went immediately to Vallerie Jarrett's office, and not to the command center where he appears in the photos... in three different positions in the three different versions of the photo the White House released.
Upon being informed of the mission, Vallerie Jarrett immediately issued an abort order, which Panetta ignored, and which was later explained as being the result of someone looking at the weather map for the wrong day.
Unverified word from inside the White House is, Obama was really shaken up when he appeared at Vallerie Jarrett's office.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000202 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.
In modern politics see: Tea Bagger
ghetto democrat:

1) Homer Yelling at your boo boo in the middle of the street
2) Homer Using the walkie-talkie feature on your cell to discuss personal drama in order to save minutes
3) Homer Dressing for work like you are going to the club
4) Homer Wearing house slippers outside the house
5) Homer Taking pride in being broke
6) Homer Flashing money you don't have instead of making your money last.
7) Homer Having a new ride with large chrome rims but don't have a job.
8) Homer Wearing your same clothes 5 days in a row but keeping them clean and pressed.
9) Homer Running from the cops for no reseaon just to see if they can catch you......
10) Homer hood rich.

If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown liberal..

It's the culture..
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000203 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What government shut down?
I don't see any government shut down.
Since there is no government shut down, how about we get back to the important issues the public's attention was diverted from.
Why is the United States training Al Qaeda terrorists in a US training facility in Jordan?
Why did Obama stumble into a trap a blind person could see in Syria?
Why did the entire world give Obama a vote of no confidence?
Why is the NSA spying on normal Americans and not spying on muslim terrorists here?
Why is the IRS targeting opponents to the Democrats?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi?
How's that investigation of Eric Holder running guns for Mexican drug cartels going?
Why does our president gets bitchslapped like a jailhous fag every time he meets with Putin?
Why won't Obama admit he's a muslim and a communist?
lol! You still refuse to grow up eh?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000204 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
After initially responding to you, I rarely read your posts.
When I do, you still sound like a 10 year old trying to be bully.
you don't sound even 10 years old son.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000206 Oct 10, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares.
I've made your lies and racism evident to everyone.
Your delusional posts would be amusing if they weren't so pathetic.

dem=delusions of grandeur
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000207 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
After initially responding to you, I rarely read your posts.
When I do, you still sound like a 10 year old trying to be bully.
Pedophiles such as dem don't play well with adults..

Yet dem loves 'NATURE'- in spite of what misplaced and misused body parts have created, damaged and done to him..

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000208 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Pennsylvania is a DemoKKKrat state...
What's California son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1000209 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Hey Progressives, how did Reid voting against the VA CR in a public publicity stunt work out for them?
Why aren't you people cheering son?

After all, if true, he did your dirty work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 222,804
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 20 min Lol 5
News Chicago gangs no longer know or fear the police... 1 hr grounded in reali... 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Actual Science 61,093
Bank Settlement Cash. Who Gets it? 3 hr CONTINUED ARTICLE 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 1,953
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 3,054

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages