Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419169 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000086 Oct 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Shorty puts this number on speed dial so he can hear the message over and over.
"Big talk you old as dirt phaggot."

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1000087 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a shovel.
Well, Fetch, no one has ever claimed you are mature or versed in "social discourse".

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1000088 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If you have dialed that, you've never reached the national health line. I'm afraid you are falling for a prank. Looks like the joke is on you.
The correct number is - 800-318-2596
Show everyone how that = 800-FUCKYOU
Good luck.
the independent homer would have seen the humor in that. I guess its true, once homer goes black he never goes back.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1000089 Oct 10, 2013
LOL, dem__LaGrange Il sneaks in here and get's the one millionth post__Chris Tolles is ecstatic.

And that was indeed the one millionth actual post although many of the actual posts have been deleted.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000090 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
All dem is, is a self loathing troll.
The person hates even herself.
dem always advertising his pedophilia fetishes is no secret either... Yet dem loves 'NATURE'- in spite of what misplaced and misused body parts have created, damaged and done to him...

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1000091 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What are you babbling about now? You get more clueless every day. We are walking about my 401K taking a dump every time the Republians/Tea Baggers/ahole try and wreck the economy. I'm sick of it!
thank god a Republican spoke today. When Obama speaks, the Dow tanks.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1000092 Oct 10, 2013
Charles wrote:
FCK THE TEA BAGGERS, THOSE JERKS ARE RUINING AMERICA.
AMEN!!! And there are people on BOTH sides of the aisle who share that sentiment.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1000093 Oct 10, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the dumb azz cat lady with used furniture, used cars, and a penchant for defending billionaires.
She also sold her house and bought a condo to help fund the Iraq War effort so some millionaire wouldn't have to part with his secondary yacht.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000094 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous post. Using your "logic", a U.S. military officer should take his orders from the average Joe on the street. LMAO
You are confusing your strange logic with the posters.

Since: Nov 11

Naperville, IL

#1000095 Oct 10, 2013
Obama inflicting as much pain as possible to the American Democrats to blame Republicans.

Notice that he only punish government parasite Democrats, Republicans never depend on the Government, they know better: A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take anything they want.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1000096 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry, Jean, not buying your excuse when the USA character is a Jean clone....
methinks thou dost protest too much...
Well, at least you could give me a hint as to where I can find this "Jean". I'd like to see what she is all about. Sounds like she and I would get along.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000097 Oct 10, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The Healthcare.gov website turns out to be a Trojan Horse that gathers emails, passwords, social security numbers, private banking details and other information you would normally want to keep private.
This information is then cross-referenced to your computer's IP address. From there, all your web surfing habits are tracked by IP and recorded along with your social security number.
The Obamacare exchanges then promises to take any information you provided them and "turn it over to law enforcement" and IRS auditors.
This is not a joke. This is how the government has tricked millions of people into self-incrimination.
Galt wonders how many people who apply for ObamaKKKare will be discovered to not be filing tax returns when the information is cross-referenced....

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1000098 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the monuments belong to all Americans, not to the Obama Brownshirts who arrogantly "allow" access....
who the f*ck does that clown in the White House think he is?
Boehner's in the White House?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000099 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Typical rethug. You can dish it out but can't take it.
You and your cronies continually claimed that every liberal on this thread lives off of welfare. But when the tables are turned you cry like a baby. Grow up.
I see that you think your whining means something here.

Got to do better than this.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#1000100 Oct 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You've obviously picked being on the side of government having power over the people.
But I just have to ask. Why?
Being up there in age, I'm quite sure if hubby is still living, he's far from able to hunt for you all's meals, so you'll need that social security to pay your bills &, cure that rumbling sensation called hunger in your stomach. You're a walking hypocrite. Against gov't but, receives social security! Against gov't but, agree with this republican hostage situation. Believes it's right for elected officials to hold the country hostage because, they've proven to be a party of losers. I say " a party of losers " because, Obama was elected after running his campaign promoting the ACA, got the bill passed through both houses &, signed into law. Ran for reelection with the ACA as his key piece of legislation &, won again by a larger margin than the first time. So you see the trend of losing going on here! Do you see the hypocrisy that leaves your lips on a daily basis? Then y'all have nerve to assert that the dems are holding the country for ransom. The country voted the ACA into existence &, law. It is your representatives that are in fact holding the country hostage because, they don't agree with the existing law. What party of the game is that?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1000101 Oct 10, 2013
Arizona's GOP Gov: Don't Defund Obamacare, We Need The Money

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) said Wednesday that she opposed the congressional Republican effort to defund Obamacare, saying that it would be a blow to the state's budget.

“The bottom line is we need that money in our economy to save rural hospitals and jobs in the rural areas,” Brewer said, according to the Arizona Daily Star.“It’s all about jobs and getting back federal dollars that our taxpayers have paid to the federal government, to bring them home.”

Arizona is one of several Republican-led states to accept the law's Medicaid expansion. The federal government covers 100 percent of the costs of the expansion for the first three years and never less than 90 percent after that. That funding is unaffected by the shutdown, but it would presumably be lost if the GOP actually succeeded in its push to defund the entire law.

If the state didn't receive that federal money, Brewer said, "we will be faced with a calamity."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/arizona...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1000102 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big talk you old as dirt phaggot."
Bigot.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000104 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Fetch, no one has ever claimed you are mature or versed in "social discourse".
See right there is an example.

You keep stacking one lie on top of another; not bright enough to cut and run THAN you think being pompous and arrogant covers it up.

Not buying it and here is a shovel.
TSM

United States

#1000105 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. education system works very well in most of the country.
However, it is a disaster in most major cities, where unions grab everything for themselves and have disdain for the students, most of whom have no interest in education.
Galt you nailed it, it’s not about the Kids it’s about the Power….The former NEA top lawyer Bob Chanin speaking to NEA members reveals the attitude and the arrogance of Unions!! Quote:

Despite what some among us would like to believe it is not because of our creative ideas. It is not because of the merit of our positions. It is not because we care about children and it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000107 Oct 10, 2013
leosnana wrote:
Just a question before I "leave the building," but have any of you non-functioning semi-illiterates ever read any Alice Munro? Toni Morrison? Pearl Buck? John Steinbeck? William Faulkner? Anybody?
Munro and Morrison are nobodies....

Buck, Steinbeck, and Faulkner were read by all high school students before the left dumbed down the curriculum.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Hill4me 222,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min Sublime1 103,456
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min Into The Night 61,044
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,425
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 1,938
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 3,040
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr SweLL GirL 9,387

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages