Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1523683 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000252 Oct 10, 2013
Nevade Exchange....

they knew it had problems...

"Nevada Health Exchange: A Case Study in What Went Wrong"

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/10...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000253 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as dumb as you putting down the intelligence of a state who voted for Obama.
But nice try at a save.
Cheese Thief Homer all the time profiteering in racism, pimping, and peddling hate...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000254 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Did grey ghost die of brain cancer again?
ask "Yeah"...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000255 Oct 10, 2013
Yes, polling data is not an accurate measure and not for use in science...

"Just 7 percent of Americans say the rollout of the health exchanges has gone extremely well or very well, according to an AP-GfK poll"

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/poll-rollout-h...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000256 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So now we are using Webster's dictionary?
I prefer the Urban Dictionary and trust me PA is loaded with them -
Often used as an insult and racial slur against White folks who live in the country. A hillbilly is a person who lives in a remote, rural area in the South, often in the Appalachian (Or sometimes Ozark) Mountains and therefore is isolated and somewhat out of touch with modern culture.
The stereotype of a hillbilly is a person who: Is a White Southerner who owns a shotgun, goes barefoot, wears a worn out floppy hat, drinks moonshine and whiskey which he makes himself, plays the banjo or fiddle, drives old beat up pick up trucks, has bad teeth, is poorly educated, has long a beard, wears worn out clothes and hand me downs, and is happy and content with what they have.
ever watch "Tickle"?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1000257 Oct 10, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Count me in. Every time these Tea Baggers act up it adds more years until Homer can retire. Fckers!
Parasites raise the retirement age?? DOUBLE the truckers!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000258 Oct 10, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever = J-J, etc.,= Delusions of Adequacy.
Another Liberal steps forward to defend and support the homophobic bigotry of dem.

Dave, you are losing your side in droves.
Pale Rider

AOL

#1000259 Oct 10, 2013
Listen all Democrats:

As you know the House is to blame for the Government Shutdown.

Also many of you know Ohio is full of stupid Republicans, that no matter what Obama does, it is wrong.

There is a Republican on Columbus Topix, by the name of Diamond Eugene. If you are a Democrat, he will try to run you off. Come join Columbus, OH Topix, to show your support for Democrats today!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1000260 Oct 10, 2013
Amid government shutdown, one-man "Memorial Militia" cleans up National Mall

10 Comments
/
554 Shares /
15 Tweets /
Stumble /
Email
More +

While many government employees are being furloughed and forced to stay home from work, Chris Cox has taken it upon himself to literally clean up after the mess the shutdown has made.

Play Video
Shutdown compromise on horizon?

Cox has spent the past eight days since the shutdown began making sure the Lincoln Memorial and the National Mall are clean and presentable to visiting veterans and tourists, and he's doing this all on his own time and dollar.

"Well the day the government shut down I was watching the news and they wouldn't stop talking about how vulnerable our monuments are, our memorials, and that concerned me," Cox told CBS News. "So I just started emptying trash cans, several hundred trash cans later I needed something else to do.

Cox, an artist from Mount Pleasant, S.C., has not only picked up trash for the last eight days, but has blown leaves to clear miles of trails, mowed lawns and even cleared up debris from a fallen tree. He calls his one man crusade, the "Memorial Militia," vowing to do whatever it takes to make sure the monuments appearance are up to his standard.

Government shutdown hitting veterans, military families hard
GOP hammers Obama over government shutdown, gets hammered in polls

"And if we got to clean the toilets, we got to take out the trash we got to mow the grass, we got to pay the power bill whatever it is - I don't know if I could afford that power bill - we'll do whatever it takes that these soldiers come into this area, they come to this nation's capital and they're going to hold their head high proud, they're not going to be bending over with sore backs to pick up litter that someone else had dropped."

"Our veterans are coming here in protest, I didn't want to have to see trash littered or spit cups, diapers, banana peels, half-eaten apples you name it, it was on the ground out here," Cox said.

He recognizes the significance of the Lincoln Memorial, saying "The building behind me serves as a moral compass for not only our nation but the world. And it would be unexcusable to have trash in a picture," reiterating how important it is to keep our monuments and memorials clean with respect to our veterans.

To Cox, this isn't just a temporary fix either, saying he's not leaving until this is over and federal staff can return to clean and protect the monument. The longevity of this shutdown doesn't even seem to faze his good Samaritan attitude, saying "look at all the people around us, this monument's not closed as far as I'm concerned. We've got security, we've got veterans, we've got tourists and now we've got maintenance."
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1000261 Oct 10, 2013
Ruth Chambers Holt wrote:
Hello?
This Ruth's mom
You want screw?
Ruth is homophobic girly man.
Hi?
This Ruth mom
You want fffcckkk me?
Ruth like to watch.
Hello?
This Ruth mom
You want screw?
Ruth not home
She screw you later
Ruth has a big pusceeee and Wearing your same clothes 5 days in a row
It's the culture...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#1000262 Oct 10, 2013
Hello?

This db mom.

You want a screw?

db not home

That big pusceee suck you later

Forget about it! db is Borhnets byyytch.

Hello?

This db mom.

You want a screw?

Let me get db.....

db db db!

Time you make money! Time screw!

db put down dogs ballllkz!

Hello?

This db mom.

You want a screw?

db not home now.

db big pusceeee! He screw in later....

Hello?

Hello?

Hi?

This db mom
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000263 Oct 10, 2013
Gubbermint is responsible for killing granny!

they took all the money we had...

so that NSF could study the poo poo of Blue monkey!

"The National Science Foundation awarded a $168,766
federal grant to Columbia University researchers to
study the sexual behavior of wild blue monkeys by
analyzing monkey feces in Africa..."

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1000265 Oct 10, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, dumbass. You dont' even know what a "subsidy" is. This discussion was just another example where you discovered how ignorant and indoctrinated you are.
There are no subsidies paid to oil companies. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist. There is no such thing as a subsidy to any oil company in the United States.
I will admit that I haven't been following your discussion but oil companies, nuclear power, and coal, all receive federal "subsidies".

Oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses with oil industry producers claiming that helps them "weather market fluctuations"....in other words, helps to keep the price low or competitive." The very definition of a subsidy.

Oil Change International defines fossil fuel subsidies as “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers.” The Oil Change International has a spreadsheet breaking down various fossil fuel "subsidies".

Granted, more than half of the $4 BILLION ($2.5 billion to be exact) a year in "subsidies" goes to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, tax exemptions for farm fuel and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program but that leaves $1.5 BILLION going to oil companies.

http://priceofoil.org/about/

Senator John Cornyn (a Republican from Texas, of course)“opposes removing any energy SUBSIDIES.” Staffers state that “the Senator believes that all energy sources need to be developed to the fullest amount possible to maintain low energy costs.”
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000266 Oct 10, 2013
Gubbermint is responsible for killing granny!

they took our money....

and spent it on Venice...

"The State Department spent $100,000 for &#8213;curators at nonprofit museums,galleries and arts and architecture schools [to] travel and display their works at an architecture exhibition in Venice, Italy"

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000267 Oct 10, 2013
The Sunlight foundation reviews the contractors who came up with the Obamacare roll out.

"The Sunlight Foundation counted 48 organizations awarded contracts under the Affordable Care Act in a review of USASpending.gov and FedBizOpps.gov .

Among them are long-established players like Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Booz Allen Hamilton and IBM.

Seventeen of the Affordable Care Act contractors reported spending more than $128 million on lobbying in 2011 and 2012, while nearly 30 made substantial donations to federal candidates and parties, Sunlight reported.

The largest implementation contracts went to British contractor Serco ($114.3 million), CGI Federal ($93.7 million) and Quality Software Services, a subsidiary of United Health Group ($68.3 million)."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000268 Oct 10, 2013
Pale Rider wrote:
Listen all Democrats:
As you know the House is to blame for the Government Shutdown.
Also many of you know Ohio is full of stupid Republicans, that no matter what Obama does, it is wrong.
There is a Republican on Columbus Topix, by the name of Diamond Eugene. If you are a Democrat, he will try to run you off. Come join Columbus, OH Topix, to show your support for Democrats today!
Nothing is as pathetic as a man asking someone else to fight his battles.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1000269 Oct 10, 2013
Waste other peoples money....

no one cares...

"...$11,000 paid for a traveling dance festival to perform across the United States..."

About a hundred doctor visits down the drain...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1000270 Oct 10, 2013
flack wrote:
Amid government shutdown, one-man "Memorial Militia" cleans up National Mall
10 Comments
/
554 Shares /
15 Tweets /
Stumble /
Email
More +
While many government employees are being furloughed and forced to stay home from work, Chris Cox has taken it upon himself to literally clean up after the mess the shutdown has made.
Play Video
Shutdown compromise on horizon?
Cox has spent the past eight days since the shutdown began making sure the Lincoln Memorial and the National Mall are clean and presentable to visiting veterans and tourists, and he's doing this all on his own time and dollar.
"Well the day the government shut down I was watching the news and they wouldn't stop talking about how vulnerable our monuments are, our memorials, and that concerned me," Cox told CBS News. "So I just started emptying trash cans, several hundred trash cans later I needed something else to do.
Cox, an artist from Mount Pleasant, S.C., has not only picked up trash for the last eight days, but has blown leaves to clear miles of trails, mowed lawns and even cleared up debris from a fallen tree. He calls his one man crusade, the "Memorial Militia," vowing to do whatever it takes to make sure the monuments appearance are up to his standard.
Government shutdown hitting veterans, military families hard
GOP hammers Obama over government shutdown, gets hammered in polls
"And if we got to clean the toilets, we got to take out the trash we got to mow the grass, we got to pay the power bill whatever it is - I don't know if I could afford that power bill - we'll do whatever it takes that these soldiers come into this area, they come to this nation's capital and they're going to hold their head high proud, they're not going to be bending over with sore backs to pick up litter that someone else had dropped."
"Our veterans are coming here in protest, I didn't want to have to see trash littered or spit cups, diapers, banana peels, half-eaten apples you name it, it was on the ground out here," Cox said.
He recognizes the significance of the Lincoln Memorial, saying "The building behind me serves as a moral compass for not only our nation but the world. And it would be unexcusable to have trash in a picture," reiterating how important it is to keep our monuments and memorials clean with respect to our veterans.
To Cox, this isn't just a temporary fix either, saying he's not leaving until this is over and federal staff can return to clean and protect the monument. The longevity of this shutdown doesn't even seem to faze his good Samaritan attitude, saying "look at all the people around us, this monument's not closed as far as I'm concerned. We've got security, we've got veterans, we've got tourists and now we've got maintenance."
That was a great story!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000271 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that I haven't been following your discussion but oil companies, nuclear power, and coal, all receive federal "subsidies".
Oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses with oil industry producers claiming that helps them "weather market fluctuations"....in other words, helps to keep the price low or competitive." The very definition of a subsidy.
Oil Change International defines fossil fuel subsidies as “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers or lowers the price paid by energy consumers.” The Oil Change International has a spreadsheet breaking down various fossil fuel "subsidies".
Granted, more than half of the $4 BILLION ($2.5 billion to be exact) a year in "subsidies" goes to the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, tax exemptions for farm fuel and the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program but that leaves $1.5 BILLION going to oil companies.
http://priceofoil.org/about/
Senator John Cornyn (a Republican from Texas, of course)“opposes removing any energy SUBSIDIES.” Staffers state that “the Senator believes that all energy sources need to be developed to the fullest amount possible to maintain low energy costs.”
only a Communist would consider the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program to be a subsidy to the oil industry...

now, name one single real subsidy...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1000272 Oct 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I don't read his posts. I read yours.
Masochist!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Dr Guru 240,422
A Little Ditty 1 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,285
A few ITEMS of interest. 4 hr Jocularity is Best 2
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 4 hr EAT PORK 18
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 4 hr AlGoresLyingLockBoX 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 10,599

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages