Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
917,801 - 917,820 of 1,100,503 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#999015 Oct 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rasmussen said 50% approval of Obama. no one wants to talk about that?
Obama overall is 44% approval. Rasmussen has been trending on the high side.

The bottom line is all people involved in this shut down are not popular.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#999016 Oct 9, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious.
What countries were on the UN Security Council when the US sought permission to remove Saddam?

Did the US have to 'ask' for permission to use force in Iraq?

None of those nations could have tipped Saddam off?

Does being an idiot come natural or do you work at it?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#999017 Oct 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN made sure "Saddam's" WMDs could be moved to Syria in plenty of time.
Even Bush couldn't/wouldn't make up that lie. You're insane.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#999018 Oct 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Emaam wouldn't do anything like that!!
Do you ever stop and think about what you say??
No, that is beyond your pay grade. You just say stupid things, without benefit of the thought process.
I seem to remember Rmoney being ahead in polls and you and the rest of the nitwits were jumping for joy over an imaginary 'landslide'.
Did Rmoney attend Obama's 2nd inaugeration??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I never once mentioned Romney winning. But don't let that stop you from lying.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#999019 Oct 9, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
???? You are projecting again. Just because you post under various screen names doesn't mean everyone else does the same. Yeah and I are not one and the same.
correct...you are Jean from Queens, a/k/a Frontporch...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#999020 Oct 9, 2013
About families not receiving their death benefits, Boehner said this:

"I think it's disgraceful that they're withholding these benefits,"

Boehner said, urging Obama to sign the bill that the House will take up on Wednesday.

I wonder who he thinks "They" are?

The bill they had passed for military funding did not include this benefit,

The bill they had to pass because Boehner shut down the government.

And that dumbass had a nerve to blame someone else.

This is what the Republicans have sunk to.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#999021 Oct 9, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"No Surprize"
You have to understand, "silly" lives in a very black and white world. In her world;
All republican's/conservative's are evil. They made their monies illegally, they stole it from the down trodden, they are tax cheats, they spend some of their monies to pass laws that help them and punish democrats they are war mongers.
On the other hand;
All democrats/left wing liberals are caring. They made their monies by hard work, the eschew tax benefits, they take care of the needy, they live very inconspicuous life styles,
Peace
Congratulations Eed, you finally get it. I'm proud of you.

If the wealthy paid their taxes, the country would be in good shape and everyone could have universal single payer healthcare.
Imagine a country where Americans don't have to agonize about going to the doctor?
Imagine all the people, living in harmony? You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..

In memory of John Lennon. Birthday today.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#999022 Oct 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Except a congressman who tries to abuse his power with a park service ranger, then gets reamed by the people there and beats a hasty retreat once he gets the crowd stirred up!
It really was disgusting. The Republicans shut down government then have the nerve to berate a park ranger doing her job. Disgusting does not begin to describe his behavior or that of Michelle Bachmann's photo ops. Neither of them understands how public law and chain of command works.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#999023 Oct 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You think so? Great son!
You hold those thoughts!
I'd invite you to meet me in Los Gatos, but they wouldn't let you in that fine city.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#999024 Oct 9, 2013
More problems in for the residents of DC

Co-founder of D.C. youth basketball program is "principle character" in network of drug traffickers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highscho...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#999025 Oct 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
at some point, just pick up the ball and move to the next tee....
I agree.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#999026 Oct 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>If I am in a vegetative state and unable to feed myself(see Fox News viewers), yes please starve me to death. Thank you in advance.
Yes yes I know you rightwingers already feel I am.
It would have been more humane to have just put a pillow over her face and suffocated her.

If you wanted to die, why wouldn't you just want to get it over with? You'd want to suffer instead?

Do you think anyone would choose starvation over a quicker death no matter what their mental state?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#999027 Oct 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone posted it the other day. I didn't believe them until I looked it up myself.
Do you know the odds of that happening by sheer coincidence?
Probably astronomical.
debunked, but you keep passing around the lies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#999028 Oct 9, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> ROFLMAO___
your normal position after falling off the barstool...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#999029 Oct 9, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true of everything except Faux News. If the sly fox feeds them something, they swallow it hook, line and sinker.
fox news...booo. The fox boogie man is going to get you. Lmao!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#999030 Oct 9, 2013
October 9, 2013
Republicans Shut Down Prefrontal Cortex
Posted by Andy Borowitz
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an escalation of the stalemate gripping Washington, House Republicans voted today to shut down the prefrontal cortex, the part of the brain that controls reasoning and impulses.
The resolution, which passed with heavy Tea Party support, calls for a partial shutdown of the brain, leaving the medulla and cerebellum, sometimes referred to as the “reptilian brain,” up and running.
The Tea Party caucus cheered the passage of the bill, which was sponsored by Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, who called the measure “long overdue.”
House Speaker John Boehner (R., Ohio) offered no timetable for restarting the prefrontal cortex, telling reporters,“It will most certainly remain shut down during any negotiations with the President. That’s the only leverage we have.”
Representative Bachmann agreed:“The President can go ahead and put a gun to our heads. There’s nothing there.”
While the G.O.P.’s decision to shut down the prefrontal cortex rattled Wall Street, the neuroscientist Davis Logsdon said it should be seen as little more than a symbolic vote, noting,“It’s actually been shut down since the 2008 election.”
lily thinks this is an actual news article.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#999031 Oct 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the point when the same "fools" spending the money are the same "fools" as setting the debt limit.
Cut the spending till you don't have to raise it. Then as it goes down lower it. Borrowing $1.3 to $1.7 trillion dollars every year is insane. There is enough money coming in every month to pay the bills. Stop borrowing money for all the bullshit!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#999032 Oct 9, 2013
America loves OBAMACARE!

AMERICA HATES TEA PARTY!

AMERICA HATES REPUBLICANS!

MILLIONS AND MILLIONS SIGN UP FOR OBAMACARE!

provided by Blue Cross.

Millions and millions give Republicans the finger!

MAJORITY RULES!

DEMOCRATS FOREVER!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#999033 Oct 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Aaaaannnnnndddd; we're off!
Galt is against others paying to keep people alive or pay for their treatment. That is the essence of insurance; everyone puts into the pot, everyone is covered. What is so hard for you to understand?
"Whatever" claims that Terry Schiavos husband paid personally to keep her alive for 14 years! Did her parents pay with their own money to keep her alive and show her lolling her head around on tv for 14 years? I doubt it. She was dead, let her die with dignity instead of being made an example of religious zealotry.
You people are sick in the head.
Lily, you'd be a liar if you said you'd watch a wounded animal starve to death even if they had a head injury.

But we know liberals have such little regard for human life, it's understandable your stance on how Terri was sentenced to die.

Out of sight, out of mind. That's all that matters.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#999034 Oct 9, 2013
Obama's message to GOP: "Give me what I want today, and only then will I sit down with you, to discuss what I want tomorrow!"

Obama continues to refuse to compromise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 13 min andet1987 4,656
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,408
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Rick Moss 68,994
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Quinn Pro Quo 1,909
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,938
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Heisenberg 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Dick Topick 49,534
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE