Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,889)

Showing posts 917,761 - 917,780 of1,036,141
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, it was your ilk who pushed so many more into government services when you guys created the worst recession in 80 f*cking years.

But hey, Ray says its OK for children to go to bed hungary as long as they don't stave to dearth.
Nope. Democrats started this drive for dependent voters via Johnson's "war" on poverty.

If children are going to bed hungry it's the fault of their guardians, not republicans, you moron.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, it was your ilk who pushed so many more into government services when you guys created the worst recession in 80 f*cking years.
Those people added under Obama were carrying their weight before your team took their jobs from them gave us the recession.
So really Raytard, how f*cking stupid are you? Blaming others for your party's f*ck up.
But hey, Ray says its OK for children to go to bed hungary as long as they don't stave to dearth.
Saw an interesting analogy by a expert Business commenter on tv. He said this reminded him of the Disney animated film Fantasia where Mickey (the Republican party) conjures up a spell that inadvertently brings on the demon broomsticks (The Tea party) and they can't be stopped. Only the sorcery can stop them and the Republicans have run out of wizards, McCain tried, even Bonehead has tried but they just keep coming & they need someone like Head Wizard Reagan but there is no-one in their ranks.

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Those people added under Obama were carrying their weight before your team took their jobs from them gave us the recession.
So really Raytard, how f*cking stupid are you? Blaming others for your party's f*ck up.
O'bama has put a new and unacceptable spin on what it means to be an American. That is a fact.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing worse than the coverage under ObamaKKKare is the quality of the network...this is really crummy insurance...
Really? I can think of at least seven reasons insurance under the Affordable Care Act is better than anything offered in the past to those with low incomes or pre-existing conditions:

1 - Requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing health conditions

2 - Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases

3 - Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to arbitrarily cancel your health insurance just because you get sick

4 - Covers young adults under 26

5 - Provides free preventive care

6 - Ends lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits

7 - Guarantees your right to appeal

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>There are people like me who support Israel for a reason: To keep people like you, with such limited self-control, from forcing your personal opinion on the populace. Your habit of showing emotion and relieving anxiety through the use of name calling and profanity is an interesting mirror into your psychosis. One thing for sure, you are always good for a laugh. In your opinion my husband is a gentile? ROTFLMAO.
You are projecting yourself onto others as usual. You are the one who can't control her emotions and resorts to name calling and profanity on a regular basis.

Tick tock, tick tock.

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are projecting yourself onto others as usual. You are the one who can't control her emotions and resorts to name calling and profanity on a regular basis.
Tick tock, tick tock.
Isn't that a page right out of the O'bama playbook? "Lie with conviction and
no one will question you?"

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick tock, tick tock.
Hey usm, here is a post from you--back when you had a brain...before you drank the Hoodie O'bama kook-aid. LOL
QUOTE who="USAsince1680" <quoted text>
Smoke and mirrors. The fact that people cannot be denied coverage does
not in any way mean they will be able to afford the exorbitant
premiums permitted under "Obama's" Reform bill and those "bean
counters" will be ever present.
I wish I could agree with you but I can't. The Health Reform Bill
opens too many unknowns and is far to encompassing.
For instance, some sections (SEC. 511, for example) give priority to
communities with high concentrations of "poverty", "crime", "domestic
violence", "high rates of high-school drop-outs", "substance abuse"
and "unemployment". Isn't it enough that the residents of these
communities will already receive a disproportionate amount of the
"premium credits"? I have no desire to support failed communities.
That is strictly taxation without representation.
I believe Obama is shoving this reform bill down our throats to
prevent transparency and we all need to take a step back and study the
plan before implementing it. What's the hurry? The "underrepresented"
already receive free medical care at community clinics and emergency
rooms. They will not die waiting.
The very fact that the health insurance companies are biting at the
bit to get their hands on the newly insured should give you pause for
scrutiny. Obama's bill lines the pockets of the insurance executives
while stealing from the senior citizens. This just isn't right.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

5 - Provides free preventive care
Free, huh? Free for whom?

And who are these 'preventive care' people who work for free?
ENJOYING HOPE AND CHANGE

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Remember when the media rushed to talk about transparency in the Barack Obama “Hope and Change” era? Good times, good times. Leonard Downie, who once worked as the executive editor of the Washington Post and wrote a novel about Washington corruption and the Iraq War, finds a bigger and non-fictional problem in the successor to George W. Bush. Downie gives the Post a preview of his report from the Committee to Protect Journalists which outlines the Obama war on reporters and their sources:

“A memo went out from the chief of staff a year ago to White House employees and the intelligence agencies that told people to freeze and retain any e-mail, and presumably phone logs, of communications with me,” Sanger said. As a result, longtime sources no longer talk to him.“They tell me:‘David, I love you, but don’t e-mail me. Let’s don’t chat until this blows over.’&#8201;”

Sanger, who has worked for the Times in Washington for two decades, said,“This is most closed, control-freak administration I’ve ever covered.”

Many leak investigations include lie-detector tests for government officials with access to the information at issue.“Reporters are interviewing sources through intermediaries now,” Barr told me,“so the sources can truthfully answer on polygraphs that they didn’t talk to reporters.”

The investigations have been “a kind of slap in the face” for reporters and their sources, said Smith of the Center for Public Integrity.“It means you have to use extraordinary measures for contacts with officials speaking without authorization.”

Amusingly, Downie posits this question at the end of the essay:

Will Obama recognize that all this threatens his often-stated but unfulfilled goal of making government more transparent and accountable? None of the Washington news media veterans I talked to were optimistic.

“Whenever I’m asked what is the most manipulative and secretive administration I’ve covered, I always say it’s the one in office now,” Bob Schieffer, CBS News anchor and chief Washington correspondent, told me.“Every administration learns from the previous administration. They become more secretive and put tighter clamps on information. This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush’s did, and his before that.”

Does it even occur to Downie that Obama’s claim to deliver “the most transparent administration ever”(not just incrementally more transparent than before) was simply a load of hogwash? Apparently not — because if Downie and the rest of the Obama-fawning media had to acknowledge that possibility, then they would have to ask themselves why Obama would deliberately set out to make his administration the least transparent ever, as Schieffer acknowledges.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing worse than the coverage under ObamaKKKare is the quality of the network...this is really crummy insurance...
poor Galt.

Doesn't understand choice.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
No problem with the shut down. The sun came up this morning, it will set tonite. The shut down is no big deal. Maybe it is a good thing. The Pentagaon has recalled 350,000 workers. The house okayed a bill ensure to ensure back pay furloughed federal workers. Our military will be paid. National parks are going to reopen. And to top it off president nobama stated his concern about the NFL Washington's nickname, the Redskins. At the same tome he said nothing about FSU's nickname Seminoles or North Dakota nickname The Fighting Souix, or the University of Utah's nickname the Utes. Surprizingly he did not comment on the Yankee nick name of MLB team in New York. He also did not comment on team nicknames like; Celtics, Gaels, Fighting Irish, Hawkeyes, Tarheels all of which indicate an ethnicity. Why is the president such a phoney?
Son, you should get your head out of your fanny. Get real. Realize president nobama, the boy president is a loser.
Peace
KMA
lol! The way he loses is a lot better than the way cons lose son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
As usual you prove you are a little dense. You approve of
nutsucker" slurring and demeaning women? You are? No sirprize. Based on your posts you are big, tough, ignorant stud, er. turd who gets your rocks off proving you are tough and be nasty when conversing with females. Son, you are a piece of manure.
Peace
KMA
lol! Oh no son. I'm just a normal, regular person with a life... a real American.

Unlike the reich wing nuts who believe their way is the only way and others should bend to their will.

Unlike them, I've never thought of America as being like 1930's Germany like you German patriots do!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
all these folks will skin the DemoKKKrats alive at the polls when they find out they have been scammed...
lol! Then don't worry son!

Let ACA run it's course!

Geez you people are idiots!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but it's free!
Right?
Um...it IS free, isn't it?
What? Sorry, I was updating my status and Tweeting.
I like the ACA better than Obamacare.
Of course you do son.

That's because you've been listening to the right wing idiots!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
You do the math. Started working at 15 in 1956. It is now 2013, 57 years later. Now and this one is a tough one for a mentally challenged idiot like you, I started work i at 15 plus intervening 57 years adds up to 72, hardly makes me in my late 70's. Do you ever think before you post. Nope. Go back to your specialty, slurring and demeaning women.
Peace
KMA
72 and still dumb as a rock. No hope for you.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>There are people like me who support Israel for a reason: To keep people like you, with such limited self-control, from forcing your personal opinion on the populace. Your habit of showing emotion and relieving anxiety through the use of name calling and profanity is an interesting mirror into your psychosis. One thing for sure, you are always good for a laugh. In your opinion my husband is a gentile? ROTFLMAO.
Then leave for your motherland, son! And demand they take no more money from MY country!
ENJOYING HOPE AND CHANGE

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

England today is in the midst of a liberal firestorm. Having allowed, for the past 20 years, Islam to multiply and flourish within their borders, they now find themselves being crowded out of their own country. Now to “seal the deal’, they are drawing up plans to have the God of the bible kicked out of their courtrooms.

And what will God do about it? He will leave them to their own devices, as He does with ALL nations that reject Him and His holy word. You would have thought that England would have learned their lesson with Israel and the Balfour Declaration in WWI. Guess not.

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Psalm 9:17

From Daily Mail UK: Defendants and witnesses in British courts will no longer swear on the Bible to tell the truth under controversial plans being considered by a powerful body of judges.

england-to-remove-king-james-b ible-from-courtroom-oath

The traditional religious oath could be scrapped amid concerns that many giving evidence in criminal cases no longer take it seriously. Instead, all witnesses and defendants would promise to tell the truth without mentioning God, and would acknowledge they could be jailed if they are caught lying.

It is claimed the new oath would be fairer for everyone and make it easier to understand the importance of what they are saying. But critics point out non-believers already have the option of promising to tell the truth without any reference to a sacred text, and that the change would further erode Britain’s Christian heritage.

The historic change will be debated this month by the Magistrates’ Association, and if it is voted through the organisation’s influential policy committee will draw up plans to be sent to the Ministry of Justice.

The married 62-year-old was raised in the Jewish faith but now calls himself an atheist.‘I don’t intend my motion to make any comment on religion,’ he said.‘It is certainly not anti-religious.’ But it has been seen by senior figures in the Church of England as another attempt to chip away at the country’s Christian foundations.

The Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali, former Bishop of Rochester, said:‘This could be the slippery slope towards the increasing secularisation of society. Where will it end – with the Coronation Oath? The Bible is bound up with the constitution, institutions and history of this country. It is right for people to have a choice of oath, a religious or non-religious one. But we are being urged, in the name of tolerance and secularisation, to restrict that choice.’
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're complaining that the government isn't providing quality enough healthcare for poor people and before poor people didn't deserve adequate healthcare insurance at all if they couldn't afford it. The Tea Party used to tell the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions denied healthcare to just go off and die .
They already exercise that option in AZ.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>O'bama has put a new and unacceptable spin on what it means to be an American. That is a fact.
lol! It'a amazing how your facts have no basis in them!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't that a page right out of the O'bama playbook? "Lie with conviction and
no one will question you?"
Ah! Now you're talking bushie boy and iraq son!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 917,761 - 917,780 of1,036,141
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Violence: 45 People Shot over Easter We... 5 min reality is a crutch 3
ask amy 4-22 10 min pde 62
Ku Klux Klan wants to form Pennsylvania neighbo... 13 min Great Idea 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min edogxxx 96,208
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 30 min Damn good man 1
Amy 4-23 41 min loose cannon 7
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min TRD 67,237
•••
•••