Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278722 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#999445 Oct 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww..poor dumbass dave got caught in a topix game and went running to the principle. BTW, I heard that someone took your "avatar" and created a dozen characters on various gay websites.
I get it. That was playing a game but you are in meltdown mode because a person stole yours.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#999446 Oct 9, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
On the above I agree with you 100%. As one who made the decision to pull the plug on a loved one, a daughter, making the decision to pull the p[lug is not the easy decision to make, but, the correct one.
Peace
KMA
Yes, it was the right decision. Letting a most precious loved one die in peace and letting them go can't be an easy one. But it was the right one. I'm sorry for your loss.

Orlando, FL

#999447 Oct 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
let it go, Carol....please...
I'm trying. But if you think I'm going to let Realtime or nuc have the last word by discrediting me, you're mistaken.

However, I've said everything I'm going to say about it.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#999448 Oct 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what reservation did you grow up on?
She grew up on the one that forced her to eat oatmeal and potatoes but didn't have shoes without holes...in the 1950's. But she had insurance--ROTFLMAO-at the steel mill. The lies just keep rolling for usmsince1947.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#999449 Oct 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My parents and one set of grandparents and great grandparents were born here. My grandmother came when she was little to escape the same crap O'bama is doing to this country now. And we never had slaves like you did.
if you really believe this, I suggest you do what your grandmother did.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#999450 Oct 9, 2013
jack_kervorkian wrote:
<quoted text>
Open the garage....drive in...shut door...rev engine...
Breathe....
Aaaaaaaa...that's freedom!
Do it for a couple of hours and let me know what it's like son.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#999451 Oct 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So trying to eliminate all nonessential and wasteful and duplicate spending before raising the debt ceiling AGAIN so they won't have to keep hitting this same bump in the road is out of the question.
I see.
What in the heck does one have to do with the other son?

Are you really that lost on what's going on?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#999452 Oct 9, 2013
jack_kervorkian wrote:
<quoted text>
Open garage door...drive in...close door...rev engine...inhale...
That's the smell of Liberalism....
Republicans don't need your services:

Those old white racists are so old,

They will all be dead of natural causes soon!

Gone and forgotten!

How does it feel knowing:

No Republican weasel will ever be president in your miserable lifetime?

LOL

LOL

LOL

AMERICA HATES THE TEA PARTY!

CAN'T STAND EM!

who do they like, hmmmmmm?

Who could it be?

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!

OBAMA! AND OBAMACARE!

Majority rules!

Republicans droop!

No go change your diaper Jack offff!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#999453 Oct 9, 2013
The reich wing....

... American hostage takers

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#999454 Oct 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What I asked Ray was this: What would Republicans say if Democrats passed a CR with the rider banning handguns. Would Republicans negotiate on the gun ban by perhaps banning certain models?
We know the crybaby America threatening Republicans did a similar thing when they tied their approval to the CR to defunding & delaying the ACA. Republicans demand that Democrats negotiate on actions against the ACA.
Now, an intelligent person would understand that the handgun ban is as much a poison pill to Republicans as the defunding & delaying the ACA is to Democrats.
But we all know Ray just ain't too bright. I
Ray, of course, dodged the question. As did every right whiner.
"real dumb"
Even a majority of democrats in both the house and senate know passing a gun control bill you desire would lead to only one thing. Their losing the next time they were up for election.
Peace
KMA
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#999455 Oct 9, 2013
New major scandal brewing on the hill!! It now has been unequivocally proven baruck odumbo's administration illegally obtained confidential info from the IRS. Methinks I hear impeachment drums pounding in the distance.

Time to get rid of the dog-eared monkey.....

Orlando, FL

#999456 Oct 9, 2013
Stossel said something funny today. He said politicians are panicking because we're not.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#999457 Oct 9, 2013
Since Obama isn't bowing to the terrorists in the House, cons should be exuberant.

I wonder why they're so sullen?

Orlando, FL

#999458 Oct 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What in the heck does one have to do with the other son?
Are you really that lost on what's going on?
It'd be like you trying to make payments on a fourth hot rod when the bank is threatening to foreclose on your home.

You'd have to sit down and figure out a budget by first selling three of the hot rods and maybe all four and buy a used car.

And then go from there. Cut and slash anything and everything you don't absolutely need to keep your home.

Then you won't have to keep receiving the same threats down the road.

Obama just doesn't want to give up those hot rods.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#999459 Oct 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of 'Subsidy'
"A benefit given by the government to groups or individuals usually in the form of a cash payment or tax reduction. The subsidy is usually given to remove some type of burden and is often considered to be in the interest of the public."
Or tax reduction. Now don't you feel like a dumbass.
I see your ONE definition and raise you SIX.

"sub新i搞y
&#712;s&#601;bsid& #275;/
noun
noun: subsidy;&#8195;plural noun: subsidies

a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive."

"sub新i搞y (sbs-d)
n. pl. sub新i搞ies
1. Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person or group in support of an enterprise regarded as being in the public interest."

"sub新i搞y
noun \&#712;s&#601;b-s& #601;-d&#275;,-z&#601; -\

: money that is paid usually by a government to keep the price of a product or service low or to help a business or organization to continue to function
"

" noun (plural subsidies)

1a sum of money granted by the government or a public body to assist an industry or business so that the price of a commodity or service may remain low or competitive:"

"
subsidy
&#8194; Use Subsidy in a sentence
sub新i搞y
[suhb-si-dee]
noun, plural sub新i搞ies.
a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like. "

"subsidy

/&#712;s&#652;b新& #601;搞i/ n [C]
money given as part of the cost of something to help or encourage it to happen: "
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#999460 Oct 9, 2013
Katie Couric show headed for the crapper

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/katie-c...

Katie insiders say the problem is that Couric has refused to shape shows with softer features to appeal to daytime's key 25-to-54-year-old female demo, insisting instead on the kind of harder-edged interviews she enjoyed on Today and her stint as anchor of CBS Evening News.

"She has a complete and utter disdain for the audience she needs to appeal to," says one former employee. "In her mind, the Today show was [the model]-- professional women getting ready for work. Anyone home after 9 o'clock are people she has no interest in appealing to. But she also loved the $20 million paycheck." A source close to Couric dismisses that characterization and says, "It is because of Katie's great respect for her audience that she introduces fresh perspectives and substantive material into the show."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#999461 Oct 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Definition of 'Subsidy'
A benefit given by the government to groups or individuals usually in the form of a cash payment or tax reduction. The subsidy is usually given to remove some type of burden and is often considered to be in the interest of the public.
You & dumbwaiter are dumber than sh*t.
You want to how GD dumb you two are?
You run around b*tching about subsidies to help people buy health insurance. Does the government give these people cash?
They give the insurance company "cash" in their name.

Your ONE definition does not outweigh my six.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#999463 Oct 9, 2013
The train wreck continues

"They have one month. If the officials running the new Affordable Care Act insurance exchanges cannot fix crippling computer glitches by then, the health laws future could be imperiled, according to a former high-ranking health care official."

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#999464 Oct 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated it as your goal.
So let me get this straight. According to you, I'm a "no-life moron", but you are publicly admitting your mission on TOPIX (of all places) is to expose lies, ignorance, greed and hypocrisy (on TOPIX). Um, most intelligent people would call that a no-life mission. And to top that off, you choose as your tactic of this no-life mission to create a few dozen unique email addresses so you can then create a few dozen unique (well, as unique and you can get while trying to mimic "Eman") Topix accounts. Somehow, that seem sane to you? Incredible. Is someone getting a government grant to study you? They should,
Yes.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Pittsboro, NC

#999465 Oct 9, 2013
REPUBLICANS afraid of co-pay cards?

Blue Cross caused them to shut down the gov?

GOP: OLD GREEDY WHITE RACIST PUSCEEES!

They shut down the gov then cry everyday that national parks had to close?

Republicans: not too bright!

Pretty ffffcckkkking stupid!

They worship Ted Cruz!

That morrrron tea party crazy foreign born traitor?

Hey liars: did you know?

BLUE CROSS SELLS CO-PAY CARDS ON THE EXCHANGES!

MILLIONS SIGN UP ON DAY ONE!

OBAMACARE provided by Blue Cross!

I guess all Republicans were lying?

Figures.

The majority of voters picked OBAMA!

THEY LOVE OBAMACARE!

THEY HATE REPUBLICANS!

SUCK ON THAT LOSERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min Whiny1 6,447
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Earthling-1 54,617
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 197,169
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 59 min We want you 8
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Ferrerman unplugg... 100,678
abby 9-4-15 1 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 5
ask amy 9-4-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages