Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
917,241 - 917,260 of 1,099,464 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. I don't believe in organized religion. When I post a bible verse it is to point out the hypocrisy of the bible toting Republicans who are only out for themselves.
Interpreting someone's else religion for them is always such a reasonable thing to do.

That lack of authority thing must really mess up the message.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

if you want to see long term care see how many illegal immigrants are keep in long term care facilities in nyc free of charge the most expensive health care these clowns talking this junk dont know $hit obamacare is a fraud and will cost america dearly 30 years in healthcare here
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
people living on welfare and free medical care should know what they are and be thankful for what they receive, not arrogant in their demands....
Who is to say that the life and health of a poor person is less important than a wealthy person?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly hope nuc doesn't end up having type 2 diabetes. For many reasons. But one of them is because payback is hell. He will have a very hard time living down his self-righteous arrogance.
Also, many chronic diseases are the result of bad eating choices throughout our lives and not enough exercise.
So I hope he's been eating a healthy diet since he was a child and continues to run daily on a treadmill.
Or that he's just one of the lucky ones who makes it to his senior years without one chronic disease. It does happen. And I wish good health for everyone including nuc.
It might surprise you, but I intake no sugar. For whatever reason, I have no taste for it, since I was about 30.

15 years later, I don't drink much coffee, use splenda when I do. Don't like cookies, pie, donuts, pudding.

I do get a lot of exercise, walk an average of 6 miles a day, even more when I'm working.

I only like giving you a hard time about it Carol, I hope you manage it well. None of us know what's ahead, healthwise.

Anything can happen to any one of us. I just hope to die fast, not lingering. But when you started talking about how much you liked sweets and pies, I had to comment.

You've only got to deal with me for a few more days. Then I'll be gone for awhile.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
Shutdown: Cancer Treatments for kids Defunded, Big Bird Receives $445 Million
You "The sky is falling" loon. Didn't you learn anything from your debunked Amber Alert closure debacle?

Cancer treatments for Kids has been defunded by Republicans every year since 2010. Now they are using those kids as a political tool. Same on Republicans...no morals. No Ethics.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

If small-government Republicans, however many of them there are, are undercutting the chances of getting a president who could actually achieve their major goals by today fighting unpopular battles over continuing resolutions and the debt ceiling, are they really serious small-government politicians after all? At the very least, they would be short-sighted and ineffective small-government politicians; at worst, they would be mere actors, mouthing the lines and even performing small-government actions, but actions of no long-term substance.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/why-th...
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

obama dont know $hit about healthcare he just wants his name plastered on america and his big money back are counting the ill gotten gains no one talks about buffetts $10B wind fall at the job loses of americans
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Trending..........is th ekeyword.
Just what makes you think Obama is a communist?? That's a pretty ridiculous charge. Let's hear it.
If you say Ovbamacare, you lose. You ate the cheese.
I've always thought he was a communist. Doesn't matter to me how ridiculous you think it is. It's my perception and perception is what's important, here. Maybe it's just because of the names that surround him. Alinsky, Davis, Ayers, Dohrn, Drew, et al.

I don't think one could be a Democrat for very long and not know, yourself, that these people are communists. I will use the term Marxist if you prefer.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Another nutjob in CT:

The Hartford Courant
2:58 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2013

Michael Patterson was inviting trouble, if not tragedy.

Mr. Patterson, a lieutenant with the Hartford Fire Department, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with 29 counts of risk of injury to a minor after officers found 26 unsecured firearms and a large amount of ammunition in a 7-year-old's room. Another three firearms were found in a gun safe in the basement, and he apparently has other guns elsewhere.

Mr. Patterson's arsenal was discovered after police responded to a domestic complaint that resulted in his being charged with breach of peace and threatening. In addition, a protective order was issued barring him from contact with his mother-in-law and requiring that he surrender his gun permit and all his firearms.

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorial...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Stock markets down since the Repugnant shutdown.
Most Americans have IRA's, 401k's, other investments.
SBA can't make loans, hurting small businesses. DUH
The Repugnant shutdown is hurting all Americans, but many don't even realize it. They will when they get their next quarterly statement.
The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless leader and chief obama...

Tear down this Wall Obama...

It's the culture...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
only in Obama's Wahington are criminals welcomed, but war veterans are harassed by the Brownshirts...
There should be a theme park called Obama World. Everyone comes out of it disoriented, confused and screaming all the way to the parking lot.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is opposed to the healthy caring for the long term illnesses of others. Let them die.
Nonsense.

He and many people reject to the ICU care for people with terminal diseases within one to two weeks of their death.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Galt is opposed to the healthy caring for the long term illnesses of others. Let them die.
Now we have Obama literally throwing grandma out of her home... Tax granny's wheel chair! Mo' Money!

The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless Leader and chief obama...

Tear down this Wall Obama...

It's the culture...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It might surprise you, but I intake no sugar. For whatever reason, I have no taste for it, since I was about 30.
15 years later, I don't drink much coffee, use splenda when I do. Don't like cookies, pie, donuts, pudding.
I do get a lot of exercise, walk an average of 6 miles a day, even more when I'm working.
I only like giving you a hard time about it Carol, I hope you manage it well. None of us know what's ahead, healthwise.
Anything can happen to any one of us. I just hope to die fast, not lingering. But when you started talking about how much you liked sweets and pies, I had to comment.
You've only got to deal with me for a few more days. Then I'll be gone for awhile.
You walk an average of 6 miles a day - all in a circle.
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You "The sky is falling" loon. Didn't you learn anything from your debunked Amber Alert closure debacle?
Cancer treatments for Kids has been defunded by Republicans every year since 2010. Now they are using those kids as a political tool. Same on Republicans...no morals. No Ethics.
Have you learned to grow a heart yet?

NIH is not providing chemotherapy to children.

House provided funds for NIH

Senate rejected.

Obama and dems are using sick kids as a political tool.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is what happens when Republicans close down National Parks. We all know who to blame and it isn't Obama.
No, the parks were NOT closed by republicans.

The Office of Management and Budget, run by Obama appointee and sycophant, Sylvia Mathews Burwell, are directly responsible.

Geezus, wake the feck up.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
An ABC website was posted a few pages back.
Here it is again:
It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.
Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
Did you see Biden's and Gore's tax returns when they first ran and the amount they each gave to charities. It was a bit embarrassing.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/...
I didn't read the article; however I will say this: If the wealthy give more to charities; it's usually done to claim a tax deduction.They may set up foundations with lofty sounding names and have their photos taken with a check surrounded by a few poor black kids that they can frame and put in their offices. That money rarely gets to a poor person. It's money laundering.
Oh yes, they have their fancy balls for the see and be seen; and the next day, rush to pick up The Shiny Sheet in Palm Beach so they can see their photos and compare ball gowns. It's all bullshyt. If you want to help someone; do it directly.
Those who are wealthy got their by the sweat of others who worked for them and more is expected of them. Why don't they just pay their taxes?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Another nutjob in CT:
The Hartford Courant
2:58 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2013
Michael Patterson was inviting trouble, if not tragedy.
Mr. Patterson, a lieutenant with the Hartford Fire Department, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with 29 counts of risk of injury to a minor after officers found 26 unsecured firearms and a large amount of ammunition in a 7-year-old's room. Another three firearms were found in a gun safe in the basement, and he apparently has other guns elsewhere.
Mr. Patterson's arsenal was discovered after police responded to a domestic complaint that resulted in his being charged with breach of peace and threatening. In addition, a protective order was issued barring him from contact with his mother-in-law and requiring that he surrender his gun permit and all his firearms.
http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorial...
LMFAO... Another nutjob in CT: The Hartford Courant

Nuculur Option can fake his smiles and laughter in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt but can never fake his paranoia and stupid..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

President Barack Obama met Tuesday with a small group of conservative reporters, columnists and commentators at the White House for an off-the-record discussion.

The group, according to a source familiar with the meeting, included Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, National Review Washington editor Robert Costa, Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker and Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer.

The meeting took place shortly after Obama held a White House press conference in the briefing room Tuesday afternoon. For over an hour, Obama fielded questions from White House reporters, with the focus on the government shutdown and looming debt default. Later, he met with the conservative journalists for 90 minutes in the Roosevelt Room.

Costa tweeted afterward that it was an honor to meet with Obama, but did not elaborate on the discussion. Given the off-the-record ground rules, it's unlikely that attendees will discuss exactly what was said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/obam...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Who is to say that the life and health of a poor person is less important than a wealthy person?
The poor person shouldn't demand Cadillac health care at the expense of working people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 5 min boundary painter 1,253
Word (Dec '08) 7 min boundary painter 4,646
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 min boundary painter 330
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Stina2 97,902
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 11 min boundary painter 295
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min boundary painter 7,744
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 68,933
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min LRS 177,281
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••