Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#998443 Oct 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You "The sky is falling" loon. Didn't you learn anything from your debunked Amber Alert closure debacle?
Cancer treatments for Kids has been defunded by Republicans every year since 2010. Now they are using those kids as a political tool. Same on Republicans...no morals. No Ethics.
Have you learned to grow a heart yet?

NIH is not providing chemotherapy to children.

House provided funds for NIH

Senate rejected.

Obama and dems are using sick kids as a political tool.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#998444 Oct 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is what happens when Republicans close down National Parks. We all know who to blame and it isn't Obama.
No, the parks were NOT closed by republicans.

The Office of Management and Budget, run by Obama appointee and sycophant, Sylvia Mathews Burwell, are directly responsible.

Geezus, wake the feck up.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#998445 Oct 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
An ABC website was posted a few pages back.
Here it is again:
It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.
Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more. And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
Did you see Biden's and Gore's tax returns when they first ran and the amount they each gave to charities. It was a bit embarrassing.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/...
I didn't read the article; however I will say this: If the wealthy give more to charities; it's usually done to claim a tax deduction.They may set up foundations with lofty sounding names and have their photos taken with a check surrounded by a few poor black kids that they can frame and put in their offices. That money rarely gets to a poor person. It's money laundering.
Oh yes, they have their fancy balls for the see and be seen; and the next day, rush to pick up The Shiny Sheet in Palm Beach so they can see their photos and compare ball gowns. It's all bullshyt. If you want to help someone; do it directly.
Those who are wealthy got their by the sweat of others who worked for them and more is expected of them. Why don't they just pay their taxes?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#998446 Oct 8, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Another nutjob in CT:
The Hartford Courant
2:58 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2013
Michael Patterson was inviting trouble, if not tragedy.
Mr. Patterson, a lieutenant with the Hartford Fire Department, was arrested on Tuesday and charged with 29 counts of risk of injury to a minor after officers found 26 unsecured firearms and a large amount of ammunition in a 7-year-old's room. Another three firearms were found in a gun safe in the basement, and he apparently has other guns elsewhere.
Mr. Patterson's arsenal was discovered after police responded to a domestic complaint that resulted in his being charged with breach of peace and threatening. In addition, a protective order was issued barring him from contact with his mother-in-law and requiring that he surrender his gun permit and all his firearms.
http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorial...
LMFAO... Another nutjob in CT: The Hartford Courant

Nuculur Option can fake his smiles and laughter in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt but can never fake his paranoia and stupid..

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#998447 Oct 8, 2013
President Barack Obama met Tuesday with a small group of conservative reporters, columnists and commentators at the White House for an off-the-record discussion.

The group, according to a source familiar with the meeting, included Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, National Review Washington editor Robert Costa, Washington Examiner columnist Byron York, syndicated columnist Kathleen Parker and Washington Post columnist and Fox News contributor Charles Krauthammer.

The meeting took place shortly after Obama held a White House press conference in the briefing room Tuesday afternoon. For over an hour, Obama fielded questions from White House reporters, with the focus on the government shutdown and looming debt default. Later, he met with the conservative journalists for 90 minutes in the Roosevelt Room.

Costa tweeted afterward that it was an honor to meet with Obama, but did not elaborate on the discussion. Given the off-the-record ground rules, it's unlikely that attendees will discuss exactly what was said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/obam...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#998448 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Who is to say that the life and health of a poor person is less important than a wealthy person?
The poor person shouldn't demand Cadillac health care at the expense of working people.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#998450 Oct 8, 2013
Why is al sharpton a civil rights leader what civil rights laws did he get enacted him and jackson were put in place after real and effective leaders Were Murdered two frauds

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#998451 Oct 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Stock markets down since the Repugnant shutdown.
Most Americans have IRA's, 401k's, other investments.
SBA can't make loans, hurting small businesses. DUH
The Repugnant shutdown is hurting all Americans, but many don't even realize it. They will when they get their next quarterly statement.
You also connect werewolf appearances with full moons and bad luck during solar eclipses.

I connect a poor economy, unemployment, social degradation and America's loss of world prestige with the appearance of the Magic Negro.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#998452 Oct 8, 2013
Spin Spin Spin Spin
Bottom line:
Republicans overplayed their hand. Obama has nothing to lose. He isn't running for anything ever again. Republicans dubbed ACA Obamacare to try to insult him but what they did was personalize it even more for him. There is no way he will retreat from his signature accomplishment.
Teabaggers will absorb the blame for the tanking economy.
Own it dumbasses.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#998453 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
He and many people reject to the ICU care for people with terminal diseases within one to two weeks of their death.
Oh? Who paid for Terry Schiavo to be kept on life support for 14 years?
You're full of shyt.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#998454 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I didn't read the article; however I will say this: If the wealthy give more to charities; it's usually done to claim a tax deduction.They may set up foundations with lofty sounding names and have their photos taken with a check surrounded by a few poor black kids that they can frame and put in their offices. That money rarely gets to a poor person. It's money laundering.
Oh yes, they have their fancy balls for the see and be seen; and the next day, rush to pick up The Shiny Sheet in Palm Beach so they can see their photos and compare ball gowns. It's all bullshyt. If you want to help someone; do it directly.
Those who are wealthy got their by the sweat of others who worked for them and more is expected of them. Why don't they just pay their taxes?
Your first line says it all shut the f up and read first then comment
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#998455 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor person shouldn't demand Cadillac health care at the expense of working people.
But the wealthy person should? Why should poor people have to grovel and be humiliated and made to feel unworthy because of money?
You're a mental case.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#998456 Oct 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Stock markets down since the Repugnant shutdown.
Most Americans have IRA's, 401k's, other investments.
SBA can't make loans, hurting small businesses. DUH
The Repugnant shutdown is hurting all Americans, but many don't even realize it. They will when they get their next quarterly statement.
Stock markets doing fairly well during the first part of the shut down and then Obama start shouting NO negotiations on debt ceiling.

That is a loser for both Obama and the stock market.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#998457 Oct 8, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is what happens when Republicans close down National Parks. We all know who to blame and it isn't Obama.
Tell Boehner to present the clean budget resolution to a vote and this will all be over.
The longer the government stays shutdown, more the blame falls on our fearless Leader and chief obama...

Tear down this Wall Obama...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#998458 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You're full of shyt.
Her husband, who was pissed about it. There went all the lawsuit money.

What was your point?
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#998459 Oct 8, 2013
Obama doesnt have a history in this america as this black american I was born in Anniston, Alabama, in the 50s and had to fight for my equality most of my life. You see, there were many who thought I should be treated like a second class citizen, drink from a different water fountain, sit in the back of the bus, be counted as three-quarters of a person, go to a different school, eat and sit in the black section of restaurants, use a different bathroom; you know, be separate but equal. Then came Dr. Martin Luther King and all that started to change and praise God! I became a Christian in 1969. Today, I find myself again being put in that same category as a second class citizen, and I am not going to have that same fight.

I did not become a Christian to live the 50s and 60s all over a second time. Muslims have more rights and freedom of religion than I do as a Christian. Tell a Muslim he can’t pray at school or at the airport or downtown when prayer time is called for, and see what happens. Tell a Muslim cleric serving as a chaplain in our brilliant military that he has to marry a same-sex couple, and see what happens. Some of you are saying “what is that about?” Well hold on to your hat, there is more to come.

But as a Christian, let me say Merry Christmas on a national holiday called Christmas and you’d think Satan incarnate himself just showed up. I’m sorry that is a bad example because if Satan did show up, he would get more respect than Christians, Jews, Tea Partiers, patriots and conservatives. Thus all the forenamed groups, and any like them, must stand and fight for their equal rights that are disappearing faster than San Antonio fans after game seven of the NBA championship in Miami. This brings me to the point of Al Sharpton’s recent comments about our movement of taking back our civil rights as conservatives.
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#998460 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
But the wealthy person should? Why should poor people have to grovel and be humiliated and made to feel unworthy because of money?
You're a mental case.
save your pity party and adopt a few homeless into your home and stfu
hahaobama

Waterbury, CT

#998461 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
You're full of shyt.
not obamacare for sure ask jon stewart
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#998462 Oct 8, 2013
John Boehner Too Embarrassed to Defend His Own Extortion Demands

Like President Obama, John Boehner used his remarks today to reiterate his same position on the debt ceiling and the government shutdown. Boehner’s central rhetorical thrust, as it has been all along, has been to elide the crucial distinction between hostage-taking and normal political negotiation. The latter involves mutual concessions in order to arrive at policy changes both parties agree would improve the status quo. The former involves one party forcing the other to accept otherwise unacceptable policy changes by threatening to undertake actions that both sides agree are harmful.

Boehner began by repeating his debunked and obvious falsehood that the debt ceiling is always used in the manner he proposes to use it now. Boehner’s line here is that “27 times” in the past it has forced the parties to deal with the deficit. In his earlier press conference, Obama explained why this is false: Those instances actually entailed the two parties negotiating in the traditional fashion and appending a debt-ceiling increase onto the final result. They did not involve a party actually threatening default to wrest un-reciprocated concessions.

Rather than engage with Obama’s debunking, Boehner simply repeated his original, false formulation. Boehner augmented his talking point by mentioning that Democrats in Congress declined to lift the debt ceiling in 2010. But this doesn’t strengthen Boehner’s case — it weakens it even more. The Democratic Congress was not threatening default, nor was it attempting to force Obama to accept policies he opposed. It was simply holding off on a vote in a (wildly misguided) belief that Republicans should have to take ownership of the debt issue rather than blame it on them.

Even more audaciously, Boehner dismissed the notion of lifting the debt ceiling and then negotiating the budget as “unconditional surrender.” How it could be unconditional surrender when he publicly favors lifting the debt ceiling, Boehner did not say. Obama and Boehner disagree on a wide array of budget policies. They agree that the debt ceiling needs to be lifted. Doing the thing both parties agree upon is a bizarre definition of unconditional surrender. If Boehner was an actual debt-ceiling truther, who argued that lifting the debt ceiling somehow worsens the fiscal position of the U.S. government, then lifting the debt ceiling would be surrender. But he isn’t. He agrees with Obama on the merits of the debt ceiling. Unconditional surrender is when one party agrees to do something it opposes but the other party wants — say, delaying Obamacare, as Boehner is proposing.

The most telling thing about Boehner’s remarks is their brevity. The Speaker spoke for about five minutes, responded briefly to one question, and bolted out the door. Obama’s disquisition earlier today may have been long (over an hour) and professorial. But he was able to defend his position against questions, engage counterarguments, and marshal facts to support his position. Boehner couldn’t do any of those things. So he did the only thing a man in his position could do: repeat a handful of false or crazy talking points and quickly flee the premises.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/10/...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#998463 Oct 8, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Just keep repeating that.
You know, like the way you kept repeating that Romney would win!
Patrick sucks...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques Ottawa 181,877
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min PEllen 98,855
Amy 12-22 12 min RACE 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min scirocco 68,891
Abby 12-22 15 min RACE 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min Eric 71,120
amy 12-21 50 min RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:38 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:38PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?