Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,833)

Showing posts 916,641 - 916,660 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

I testified
My mama cried
Black people died
When the other man lied
See the TV listen to me double trouble
I overhaul and I'm comin'
From the lower level
I'm takin' tabs
Sho nuff stuff to grab
Like shirts it hurts
Wit a neck to wreck
Took a poll 'cause our soul
Took a toll
From the education
Of a TV station
But look around
Hear go the sound of the wreckin' ball
Boom and Pound
When I
Shut 'em down
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
What I use in the battle for the mind
I hit it hard
Like it supposed
Pullin' no blows to the nose
Like uncle L said I'm rippin' up shows
Then what it is
Only 5 percent of the biz
I'm addin' woes
That's how da way it goes
Then U think I rank never drank, point blank
I own loans
Suckers got me runnin' from the bank
Civil liberty I can't see to pay a fee
I never saw a way to pay a sap
To read the law
Then become a victim of a lawyer
Don't know ya, never saw ya
Tape cued
Gettin' me sued
Playin' games wit' my head
What the judge said put me in the red
Got me thinkin''bout a trigger to the lead
No no
My education mind say
Suckers gonna pay
Anyway
There gonna be a day
'Cause the troop they roll in
To posse up
Whole from the ground
Ready to go
Throw another round
Sick of the ride
It's suicide
For the other side of town
When I find a way to shut 'em down
Who count the money
In da neigborhood
But we spendin' money
To no end lookin' for a friend
In a war to the core
Rippin' up the poor in da stores
Till they get a brother
Kickin' down doors
Then I figure I kick it bigger
Look 'em dead in the eye
And they wince
Defense is pressurized
They don't want it to be
Another racial attack
In disguise so give some money back
I like Nike but wait a minite
The neighborhood supports so put some
Money in it
Corporations owe
Dey gotta give up the dough
To da town
or else
We gotta shut 'em down

PUBLIC ENEMY SAID DONT CALL ME THE N WORD THEY SHUT EM DOWN AND GAVE you NWA nice
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

and agin...

optics...

"if a republican wants to win an election he needs one commercial running over and over.

a picture of the monument wired shut and a picture of mexicans running across the desert..."
kmrod

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/ ...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
If congress is responsible for obama's government shut down, then Majority leaders Pelosi and Reid are responsible in 2007--2009 losing 750,000 jobs per month, creating the worst recession in 80 years you ignorant idiot democrats created...
Blame the demokRATS that created the recession ....
yet liberals blame Congress today for all the woes of obama.... Most American now see democrats for what they truly are: losers and obstructionists.
If it's ghetto, ignorant, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal..
It's the culture...
just how dumb are you
The Republican controlled House is solely responsible for the Federal gov't shut down.

The tried 40 times to defund the ACA and each time it was defeated in the Senate. That's American democracy in action, that is how the Founding Fathers set up our gov't and that's how they wanted it to work. Even if it did pass in the Senate, President Obama would veto it. Again something the founding fathers are responsible for.

Its called separation of powers.

What they didn't want is a minority (The House) to circumvent our legislation process by attaching a failed bill to another bill.

want to defund the ACA, then get a majority in both houses of Congress that is veto proof, or also put a republican in the oval office.

Until then, the GOP should stop acting like a spoiled brat and pass a clean CR with no riders
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

once more...

optics...

"if a republican wants to win an election he needs one commercial running over and over.

a picture of the monument wired shut and a picture of mexicans running across the desert..."
kmrod

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/ ...
Michelle

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>In 3 days? Those are fantastic numbers. I would take them with a grain of salt too as it's the NY Post. Either way still great numbers, did you expect millions would jump on in the first day/week? Do you make snap decisions regarding healthcare or do you check out all the options and make an intelligent decision? I'm guessing you're a snapper.
I was wondering which clueless Obot would criticize the source in order to discredit the fact. Right...fantastic numbers.

LOL, you really are delusional, and I'll bet if you worked for the government you would have been the first one sent home as non-essential.

If Apple Really Were Like ObamaCare...
the advertisement would say
BUY THIS IPHONE LOADED WITH APPS YOU DON'T NEED, OR PAY A FINE!
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

I got a letter from the government
The other day
I opened and read it
It said they were suckers
They wanted me for their obamacare or whatever
Picture me given' a damn I said never
Here is a land that never gave a damn
About a brother like me and myself
Because they never did
I wasn't wit' it but just that very minute...
It occured to me
The suckers had authority

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Obama Shuts Down Slaveowner George Washington
The games politicians play: Barack Obama is having a lot of fun using the government shutdown to squeeze the public in imaginative ways. The point of the shutdown game is to see who can squeeze hardest, make the most pious speech and listen for the applause. It’s a variation on the grade-school ritual of “you show me yours, and I’ll show you mine.”
President Obama is not a bad poker player, but the man with all the chips always starts with the advantage (and he gets all the aces). He has closed Washington down as tight as he dares, emphasizing the trivial and the petty in making life as inconvenient as he can for the greatest number. It’s all in a noble cause, of course. Access to most of the memorials is limited, and often in curious ways. The Lincoln Memorial is easy to reach, with the streets around it remaining open. But the Martin Luther King Memorial is made difficult to reach, relegating it, you might say, to the back of the bus. Not very nice.
The Park Service appears to be closing streets on mere whim and caprice. The rangers even closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon, where the plantation home of George Washington is a favorite tourist destination. That was after they barred the new World War II Memorial on the Mall to veterans of World War II. But the government does not own Mount Vernon; it is privately owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association. The ladies bought it years ago to preserve it as a national memorial. The feds closed access to the parking lots this week, even though the lots are jointly owned with the Mount Vernon ladies. The rangers are from the government, and they’re only here to help.
“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Service ranger in Washington says of the harassment.“We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”
Just suppose the Park service kept the parks and monuments open to the public and someone trips and falls on some litter

bet you r bottom dollar there would be one big lawsuit costing the taxpayers millions
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a republican fallacy. White House Director of Legislative Affairs Rob Nabors White House Director of Legislative Affairs presented the sequester concept to Republicans on July 25, 2011...six days AFTER House Republicans passed a bill to limit government spending — known as the “Cut, Cap, and Balance Act”— that “had as its fallback a sequester if the objectives of that bill were not reached.”
If Republicans had not been holding America hostage, there would have been no sequester.
FACT:“We (Democrats) obviously would have been OK with just the $900 billion in cuts, and some kind of an agreement to seek more. But because Republicans demanded dollar-for-dollar, we were forced to find a way to get from $900 billion to $2 trillion. It is really ridiculous for them to try to wriggle out now. If they had not insisted on dollar-for-dollar or had been open to revenues, the sequester would not exist.”
It's time to get rid of the radical obstructionist Tea Party. Period. THEY ARE to blame.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/who-b...
Phil Gramm, aka the Forest Gump of financial calamity, created the concept for the sequester as a part of the Gramm, Rudman Hollings Act of 1985. Carol's love Ronnie Raygun was POTUS at the time.

Always give credit where credit is due.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

ok...

"Chris Matthews: Reagan was a better president than Obama"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Bush, President Obama is responsible for the execution death of Osama bin Laden.

President Obama is also responsible for killing more al qaeda leaders than President Bush, taking the war to their "previously" safe havens in Yemen and Pakistan
Obama's role in the death of bin Laden was on the fringe at best.

If you're familiar at all with the chain of events leading up to the event, you know the mountains of credit he receives from his supporters is undeserved.

Obama is much more "responsible" for the assassination of U.S. citizens without a shred of due process.

http://www.salon.com/2011/09/30/awlaki_6/

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were they closed, except for Obama to punish American citizens?
frist they were closed because the Republican controlled House tried to circumvent our legislature process by attaching a bill that was previously defeated 40 friggin times to the CR.

Sorry son, but that's not how our democracy works.

if you want to defund the ACA, put it in a separate bill and let it get voted on then signed into law by the President.

why don't you go read the Constitution and learn how our democracy works
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
just how dumb are you
The Republican controlled House is solely responsible for the Federal gov't shut down.
The tried 40 times to defund the ACA and each time it was defeated in the Senate. That's American democracy in action, that is how the Founding Fathers set up our gov't and that's how they wanted it to work. Even if it did pass in the Senate, President Obama would veto it. Again something the founding fathers are responsible for.
What they didn't want is a minority (The House) to circumvent our legislation process by attaching a failed bill to another bill.
want to defund the ACA, then get a majority in both houses of Congress that is veto proof, or also put a republican in the oval office.
Until then, the GOP should stop acting like a spoiled brat and pass a clean CR with no riders
then try 41...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure dimwit, the majority of the federal workers that have been put out of work belong to the National Federation of Federal Employees, a union affiliated with the AFL-CIO. I'm sure that they're really on board with their members going without paychecks.
The unions don't hate the ACA liar, they feel that there's some problems in the law that need to be fixed.
No work, no retroactive pay...

Obama is unwilling to discuss fixing problems in ObamaKKKare....
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Obama just bring out the national guard homeland security you know thats the master plan do it do it do it marshall law suspend election you know the script it in the national intrest that we postpone the elections you will stay around for a few and say inorder to maintain DEMOCRACY i will steo aside and it will be on and the AFRICAN AMERICAN will get the credit but it wont be suisse credit for you people in the streets you will continue to cheer your idiot box idols because thats as close as you will get fantasy land
WOW

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

If the government is shut down can we still have elections lololololhahahaa right in front of our faces misdirection I Love watching smart subjects
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
just how dumb are you
The demokRATic controlled House and Senate. Congress are solely responsible since 2007--2010 losing 750,000 jobs per month, creating the worst recession in 80 years you ignorant idiot...

If congress is responsible for obama's govt shut down, then Majority leaders Pelosi and Reid are responsible for the worst recession in 80+ years you ignoramus... a Housing Collapse, a near financial meltdown, and tripling the debt..

What part of ghetto idiot do you not understand??

If it's ghetto, ignorant, moocher, and idiot, it's free cheese, loser, and liberal..

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Sarah Palin finally got her death panels — a direct blow from the Republican House. In shutting down the government, leaving 800,000 people without a paycheck and draining the economy of $300 million a day, the Party of Madness also took away last-chance cancer trials for children at the National Institutes of Health.
And now that the pain that was dismissed as a trifle on Monday, a “slimdown” according to the chuckleheads at Fox News, is revealed as tragic by mid-week, the very radicals who caused the havoc are trying to say it’s not their fault.
It’s too late. They flunked hostage-taking. About 30 or so Republicans in the House, bunkered in gerrymandered districts while breathing the oxygen of delusion, are now part of a cast of miscreants who have stood firmly on the wrong side of history. The headline, today and 50 years from now, will be the same: Republicans closed the government to keep millions of their fellow Americans from getting affordable health care.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/...
The gerrymandering argument is absurd when all redistricting is reviewed by federal courts if there are any objections.

The fact is that most of the country is conservative and the DemoKKrats are holed up in urban bunkers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Jon Stewart Revisits 'Bullsh*t Mountain' As Fox News Reports On The 'Liberal' Shutdown

Ah, Bullsh*t Mountain, how we've missed you.

As Republicans amped up their attempts to recast the government shutdown as an Obama-helmed initiative, Jon Stewart took a look at how Fox News has taken the ball and run with it... right up to the peak of Bullsh*t Mountain. Not since the 2012 election have we seen such creativity in reporting.

Watch Stewart analyze the powers of Sean Hannity – "The feces is strong with this one," – and many more above.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/jon-...
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You ghetto type are born stupid Gillian, Your ghetto liberals arem'tt supposed to know anything..
It's the culture......
lol! Seems you proved you're worse son!

Thanks for the laughs!

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid already said he does not care about kids with cancer.
See? He is a typical Liberal.
Republicans have never cared about kids with cancer.

Republicans have repeatedly refused to fund treatment for kids with cancer and are now trying to act like they are the good guys. It's disgusting. How many kids have died because of Republicans insistance on cutting NIH funding?

FACT: In 2010, Eric Cantor proposed a $1.3 billion cut to NIH. The 2011 House Republican budget sought to cut $1.6 billion from the agency and in House Republicans' 2013 budget proposal put forward by Rep. Paul Ryan, cuts to the agency's budget approached 20 percent.

YET, when asked Thursday about the bill to restore funding to the NIH, Cantor said he's "been insistent on making as a priority funding for the NIH, and specifically funding for pediatric medical research." Rethugs are such a repulsive bunch of liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 916,641 - 916,660 of1,034,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Frank 167,628
Abby 4-19 30 min Mister Tonka 23
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min OzRitz 43,011
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min cheluzal 96,140
gay (May '13) 58 min anthony23 10
Music Artists A to Z 58 min _Zoey_ 93
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,031
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search