Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997817 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Obama has created a new, more powerful blend of Al Queda in Syria that he wants to give more aid to. This is NUTS.
I won't ask you for proof son.

That wouldn't be you.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#997818 Oct 8, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>Imagine if he did that with Iran, instead of only being confrontational with Americans who disagree with him and said like the Soup Nazi:
"No flexiblity for you!!!"
Well, first, Obama would have to have at least some credibility in the world. Now, Obama has no credibility whatsoever. Zimbabwe has more credibility than the United States right now.

"No credibility for you!!!"

... the lies from Obama are obvious to the entire world. They see it for exactly what it is. Obama is just instructing the people on the party line lie everyone is supposed to repeat and pretend to believe. There is nothing Obama speaks of that he doesn't lie about. And the world knows this.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997819 Oct 8, 2013
After Boehner said there's been no line drawn in the sand, he added, "There's never been a president in our history who didn't negotiate over the debt limit. Never. Not once."

There's never been an egotistical president who thinks it's all about him in our history either.

He has become so irrationally possessive about Obamacare that he refuses to accept his personal law, his baby, is clearly a bad law and an unhealthy baby. It's almost teetering on psychotic behavior.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#997820 Oct 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Polls: Republicans Draw More Fire on Shutdown
New polls out Monday show Republicans are drawing more of the blame than President Barack Obama and Democrats for the government shutdown, now finishing up its first week.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/10/07/poll...
you have to start to wonder when reality will become a reality for the Topix nutjobs.
yeah, i know....never. as they've done a very good job of proving....denial is not a river in Egypt.
you missed the most important result of the poll

"Most respondents — 71%— said they had not been inconvenienced by the government shutdown"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997821 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is painfully obvious that you are being deliberately irrational and obtuse. So, I will mark all future post from you as spam and leave it as that.
Most people run from pain....

... you seem to enjoy it.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#997822 Oct 8, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, an evil profit making company. I'll bet some people there even make more than other people there. If only more companies could be like Solyandra. Or the country could be more like the districts in the Hunger Games--Utopia for Democrats.
I love companies that make profits. Good for them. Why do you want to give them subsidies?

It a simple question you & Dumbwater just can't answer.

I thought you people were all about no government interference in the free market yet here you two are arguing for oil subsidies.

Playing the "they don't exist" crap is really stupid when Congress debated them not too long ago,

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#997823 Oct 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Cruz Flops On Fox While Trying to Blame Obama For the Government Shutdown
At times during the Fox News interview, Cruz looked like the student who was giving an oral book report on a book that he never read. Cruz’s big plan also apparently involves looking weak by whining that this is all Obama’s fault, but he can’t get that right. Cruz keeps alternating between blaming Obama and Harry Reid.
None of it is working. The American people are turning more and more against Cruz and his party each day, and after watching the Texas senator flail around during a softball interview on Fox News, it’s clear that the Republican Party is in big, big trouble.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/07/ted-cr...
"The Left-Wing Extremists at Politicususa Lie Again About Governor Palin and Fox News (Update)"
Michelle

New York, NY

#997824 Oct 8, 2013
Libs are SHOCKED, the rest of us not so much...

Upon opening a simple envelope (side note: the mail is still arriving!), these people went from laughing at that idiot Boehner and his band of crazy teabaggers to wondering why on earth they personally are being forced to pay so much more in order to subsidize others' care.

Can these families afford the new reality they voted for so enthusiastically?

And are they aware that millions of low wage workers, spouses and families are poised to be slapped with exorbitant premium increases, or dropped from coverage altogether?

Accounts of premium shock and dropped coverage are proliferating across the country; see these stories from North Carolina and Iowa for the latest instances of Obamacare betrayals.

Meanwhile, a full week after the legally-mandated implementation deadline, millions of eligible (or not) Americans still cannot enroll in the program due to its technical failures.

Reuters reports that the administration's favorite excuse -- heavy interest is overwhelming servers -- isn't really an accurate assessment:

Government officials blame the persistent glitches on an overwhelming crush of users - 8.6 million unique visitors by Friday - trying to visit the HealthCare.gov website this week.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which oversaw development of the site, declined to make any of its IT experts available for interviews.

CGI Group Inc, the Canadian contractor that built HealthCare.gov , is "declining to comment at this time," said spokeswoman Linda Odorisio.

Five outside technology experts interviewed by Reuters, however, say they believe flaws in system architecture, not traffic alone, contributed to the problems..."Adding capacity sounds great until you realize that if you didn't design it right that won't help," said Bill Curtis, chief scientist at CAST, a software quality analysis firm, and director of the Consortium for IT Software Quality. "The architecture of the software may limit how much you can add on to it. I suspect they'll have to reconfigure a lot of it."

A double-whammy: Three-and-a-half years in, the government could neither build non-broken websites nor properly anticipate levels of demand.

So...who's excited for these same incompetents to micromanage their healthcare? If and when people can actually enroll, that is.

Speaking of which, when might that be, and when will those statistics be available? The White House will get back to you in a month or so.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#997825 Oct 8, 2013
Obama Admin’s behavior during week 1 of the shutdown has been the best argument against Obamacare anyone has ever made.

http://www.lee.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pr...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#997826 Oct 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Cruz Flops On Fox While Trying to Blame Obama For the Government Shutdown
At times during the Fox News interview, Cruz looked like the student who was giving an oral book report on a book that he never read. Cruz’s big plan also apparently involves looking weak by whining that this is all Obama’s fault, but he can’t get that right. Cruz keeps alternating between blaming Obama and Harry Reid.
None of it is working. The American people are turning more and more against Cruz and his party each day, and after watching the Texas senator flail around during a softball interview on Fox News, it’s clear that the Republican Party is in big, big trouble.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/10/07/ted-cr...
" PoliticusUSA.com Lies for Obama on Whether NDAA Military Detention Applies to American Citizens."

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997827 Oct 8, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bluntness is refreshing.
Obamacare, as Harry Reid flatly pointed out, is a ruse to pacify enough people to think they still have some control over their own health decisions. It is the first step, however, according to Reid, to total government control and a single payer system.

Liberals just can't seem to get enough of big government controlling their lives.

Kind of scary if you ask me. Especially when people in countries where government controls every aspect of their lives risk their very lives to get out.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#997828 Oct 8, 2013
Gov shut down!

No money to pay for grannys dentures...

because we spent money studying...

the Color of paprika!

"A 13-week subchronic toxicity study of paprika color in F344 rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12909267

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#997829 Oct 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
....the counties that received the highest per-capita spending in the category “other direct payments” voted for George W. Bush.“Other direct payments” includes Medicaid, food stamps, crop subsidies, housing assistance and many other programs that people generally think of as “welfare.”
It remains a mystery why places that receive the most per person in federal spending, particularly on welfare programs, vote in presidential elections for the party that wants to cut those programs.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-19/blam...
fake greedy people. though in my experience...not so little.
sounds like farming counties. You do eat, right?
WOW

Bronx, NY

#997830 Oct 8, 2013
Big time democratic party master warren buffet made $10B off of Americas pain I thought only republicans do this bet they dont have a problem with him but Romney wooo

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#997831 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat:
I work for one of the largest oil companies in the world. We have what is called a "cadillac plan" by Obama.
This morning I learned that the top-level managers of the company, the President, CEO, COO and CFO, are discussing a plan to completely eliminate the health insurance benefit given to employees because of ObamaKare.
Speaking as someone who worked their entire life to get into one of those "cadillac plans", I want that Marxist welfare program to disappear. I don't care what it takes to make it disappear. Just make it disappear. I don't care how it happens. Just make it happen.
Yes, you repeat all of your lies frequently.

But they remain lies, and you remain a Commie lovin' moron!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#997832 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What subsidies? You still haven't answered that question.
Where is your proof these mythical subsidies to oil companies exist?
Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
I posted. You're too f*cking dumb to pay attention.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)- town hall in Waterford, Wisconsin, this morning, eliciting great applause from an overflow crowd in a very conservative section of his district.“We also want to get rid of corporate welfare,” Ryan insisted.“So we propose to repeal all that”:

Q: The subsidy for the oil companies that the federal government gives. They’ve gotta stop.

RYAN: Sure.

Q: End the oil company subsidies…

RYAN: I agree.

WTF Batman. The Tea Party blow up doll says they exist !!!!!!!!!!

Now what will Dumbwaiter do?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997833 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What subsidies? You still haven't answered that question.
Where is your proof these mythical subsidies to oil companies exist?
Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
lol! Son, it's like you and CRA...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#997834 Oct 8, 2013
WASHINGTON (AP)— President Barack Obama called the top Republican in the GOP-controlled House Tuesday, telling Speaker John Boehner once again that he won't negotiate over reopening the government or must-pass legislation to prevent a U.S. default on its obligations.
In the second week of the partial government shutdown, Obama's call, revealed by Boehner's office, came as the speaker softened the tone of his rhetoric in remarks to the media and as Democrats controlling the Senate planned to move quickly toward a vote to allow the government to borrow more money by raising the statutory limit on the federal debt.

----------

Obama will not negotiate with Teabag terrorists!!

Fck the whole lot of you!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#997835 Oct 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My health Insurance rate might go down. One less potential uninsured person for doctors & hospitals to worry about.
"might". Haha. You might win the lottery too.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#997836 Oct 8, 2013
Gov shut down!

No money to pay for grannys dentures...

because we spent money studying...

Sleeping Sea slugs!

"Anesthetizing solar-powered sea slugs for photobiological studies."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23264478

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques in Orleans 187,894
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 9 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr _Zoey_ 5,951
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 15 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 hr boundary painter 1,650
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]