Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394925 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#998021 Oct 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
Please Mr. President, Homer is imploring you: Do not negotiate with rightwing domestic terrorists.
Obama puttin the smackdown on the Repubs right now__good for him!

BTW it's nat'l fluffernutter day, Hah, don't ask me but it sounds German__maybe Galt of Schuylkillville will chirp in__he usually does.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#998022 Oct 8, 2013
Homer wrote:
Please Mr. President, Homer is imploring you: Do not negotiate with rightwing domestic terrorists.
Please Mr President, Homer is imploring you, stop letting muslim terrorists run the White House and stop pushing Marxist welfare programs onto a population that hates Marxism.

Please, Mr President, Homer is imploring you, stop destroying our economy and resign.

... moron.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#998023 Oct 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about the king's pleasure. Now be a good little pawn and stand there quietly. You'll be played soon enough.
What part of delusional did you misunderstand?

Maybe Abilify in combination with your "crazy" drugs will perk you up some babe.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#998024 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps even Paul Ryan has heard that propaganda bullshit so often, he just assumed they exist. He was probably shocked to discover those mythical subsidies actually don't exist.
How about you look into the sources Paul Ryan used and tell us what you find. You might find out that even Paul Ryan was surprised to discover they don't exist. Anyway, you, "you" being the idiot posting this bullshit, still haven't identified any subsidies paid to oil companies.
Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
Or, you can identify these mythical subsidies, which you will post your proof that these ghost subsidies actually exist.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
You can lie. You can run. But your lies all catch up with you.

Rmoney promised to protect Oil Subsidies!!

Looks like you're the 'urban legend' around here, spreading bullshit throughout the day.

When you arrived, you were a motorcycle mechanic. Within months, you claimed to have multiple specialties in the oil industry.

Lies, all of it.

Just as you no longer speak as "Sarge", since Ghost busted you on your lack of knowledge concerning eqipment used during Vietnam.

Your lies are obvious and easy to debunk.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#998025 Oct 8, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
"sounds like". Haha. You might win the lottery too.
Oh, yeah. The WHITE night crew. Or, the WHITE crew that wakes up at the crack of noon.

You still haven't shown us any proof those mythical subsidies to oil companies exist, and you still haven't shown us those, how many did you say, 94 precedents of the president having the power of a dictator and ignoring the Constitution and raising the debt ceiling without a bill having been passed in Congress.

Location hidden

#998026 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Now, back to the issue you run away from. You said there was precedent for the president to ignore the Constitution and Congress and raise the debt ceiling on his own authority as if he's some kind of a dictator. I think they number you threw out there was 94 precedents.
First, show us the text in the Constitution that defines who has the authority to borrow money in the government. Then, put your bullshit out there about those precedents again.
I'll just get me some popcorn to watch this.
You get crazier by the minute. But this time, I've got you trapped in your own lies.

I never said there was a precedent for any President to raise the debt ceiling on his own. Here's the post that proves it.

You're just a lying sack of Texas trash!!

Here's the exchange, proving you the liar we all know you are:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... idiots.
If there isn't any money to appropriate, there isn't any money to spend.
The debt ceiling is law. Ultimately, Congress has to raise the debt ceiling to have the money to appropriate.
There is no precedent for spending money that doesn't exist.
There is no precedent for the government spending money that was not authorized by Congress.
There is no precedent for the government violating the law defining the debt ceiling.
The problem is, the people don't like the Marxist programs the Democrats are pushing. The GoP in the House is doing exactly what they should do. They are representing the people and rejecting the Democrats' Marxist communist agenda.
Now, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Ah, the Putin loving Commie midget returns with more ignorance.

>Nuclulur Option wrote:
<quoted text>

I see your inbred stupidity remains intact.

So if there is no precedent, how is it that the debt ceiling has been raised 94 times since 1944??

Do you ever think before typing your stupid messages??

As anyone with a functioning brain can see, there are 94 precedents, dating to 1944.

Where did the money come from to pay for;

Roosevelt's Gov't??

Or Truman's Gov't??

Or Eisenhower's Gov't??

Or Kennedy's Gov't??

Or Johnson's Gov't??

Or Nixon's Gov't??

Or Ford's Gov't??

Or Carter's Gov't??

Or Reagan's Gov't??

Or Bush I's Gov't??

Or Clinton's Gov't??

Or Bush II's Gov't??

Come back when you find a brain capable of discussing issues with adults, not your Communist Birfer buddies.

----------

As I said, there are 94 precedents for raising the debt ceiling. Since 1944. So if there is no money, why has the debt ceilling been raised 94 times??

the reason for raising the debt ceiling is precisely because there isn't enough money to fund Govt!!

My God, you're even more stupid than Ed and Waxturd's posse!!

Debt ceiling was raised 18 times when Raygun was President.

Debt ceiling was raised 7 times when Dubya was President.

All you do is come here and lie, hoping noone will find th eposts that you told so many lies in.

But this time, I gotcha!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Check and Checkmate.

That popcorn tastes pretty crappy after you and your stupidity were debunked, eh nitwit?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#998027 Oct 8, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
House Republicans have passed funding bills for WIC, NIH, PNS, Border Guards and other agencies... Obama just say's NO...
It's the culture...
"Programs that conservatives had tolerated at best are suddenly lavished with praise: nutrition assistance for women and children, federal medical research, national parks...." All programs that the House republicans have tried to defund year after year. Disgusting to watch.

Only fools are fooled by their back door antics.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#998028 Oct 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are over 65, you have Medicare....
Think it's Realtime who has Medicare. He's safe though. He's an old fart who won't be as affected by the fallout come January.

RealDave, on the other hand, is probably among the male age group, 21 through 39, who will be paying the brunt of Realtime's Medicare.

(He just doesn't know it yet.)
WOW

New York, NY

#998029 Oct 8, 2013
Woman called 911 after her fiance suffered a breakdown when he took too much diabetes medication - but instead police arrived and shot him dead The family of Georgia man Jack Lamar Roberson claim that instead of offering assistance, police shot him dead on Friday.When was the last time you gheard no justice no peace hahahahahahahlololololooolol Sharpton got his check and gone If sharpton can get a show WHY CANT MICHEAL SAVAGE what is the difference two AMERICAN RACISTS the big difference Savage is a conceptual thinker and sharpton is simply a consumer reactionary user

Location hidden

#998030 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please Mr President, Homer is imploring you, stop letting muslim terrorists run the White House and stop pushing Marxist welfare programs onto a population that hates Marxism.
Please, Mr President, Homer is imploring you, stop destroying our economy and resign.
... moron.
Did someone say Oil Subsidies??

""A 2011 study by the consulting firm Management Information Services, Inc.(MISI)[7] estimated the total historical federal SUBSIDIES for various energy sources over the years 1950-2010. The study found that oil, natural gas, and coal received $369 billion,$121 billion, and $104 billion (2010 dollars), respectively, or 70% of total energy SUBSIDIES over that period. Oil, natural gas, and coal benefitted most from percentage depletion allowances and other tax-based SUBSIDIES, but oil also benefitted heavily from regulatory SUBSIDIES such as exemptions from price controls and higher-than-average rates of return allowed on oil pipelines.""

Caught you in your lies again, Dweeb!!

Location hidden

#998031 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps even Paul Ryan has heard that propaganda bullshit so often, he just assumed they exist. He was probably shocked to discover those mythical subsidies actually don't exist.
How about you look into the sources Paul Ryan used and tell us what you find. You might find out that even Paul Ryan was surprised to discover they don't exist. Anyway, you, "you" being the idiot posting this bullshit, still haven't identified any subsidies paid to oil companies.
Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
Or, you can identify these mythical subsidies, which you will post your proof that these ghost subsidies actually exist.
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts-are-real shows are on, show me the ghost.
""House GOP Blocks Vote On Oil Subsidies""

""Republicans on Thursday unanimously voted down a motion from Democrats to consider legislation to end subsidies to oil companies.

Democrats sought to attach the measure, which failed in a 241-171 vote that saw seven Democrats defect, to a bill that would allow oil companies to more easily secure drilling permits off the Gulf Coast. That bill passed.

Speaker Boehner suggested in an interview with ABC last month that he was open to ending oil subsidies, prompting calls from the White House on down to quickly pass legislation doing so.

A number of Republicans, such as Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), have suggested that oil subsidies and other corporate tax breaks could be eliminated as part of a broader tax reform package but there has been less appetite for a standalone bill targeting the industry.""

----------

Your boy 'landslide Paul Ryan'(HAHAHAHAHA) says there are oil subsidies.

"""A number of Republicans, such as Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), have suggested that oil subsidies and other corporate tax breaks could be eliminated as part of a broader tax reform package""

You calling your own VP loser a liar??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And your boy 'Landslide Mitt' promised to keep Oil Subsidies in place.

""Romney would protect oil companies’$4 billion in annual taxpayer-funded subsidies, despite record profits:

Romney:“I don’t want to raise taxes on oil companies.” In response to the ads that the Obama Campaign and Priorities USA Action were running, which criticized Romney's support for tax breaks for oil companies, Romney said at a townhall meeting, "[Obama] blames me for the high price of gasoline because I don’t want to raise taxes on oil companies. I don’t like raising taxes on anybody." He then said that the President's proposal to eliminate oil subsides is part of a “dangerous” strategy to “divide America.”[Romney Townhall in Delaware, 4/10/12]""

----------

You can run and lie, but you can't hide from the truth!!

Location hidden

#998032 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah. The WHITE night crew. Or, the WHITE crew that wakes up at the crack of noon.
You still haven't shown us any proof those mythical subsidies to oil companies exist, and you still haven't shown us those, how many did you say, 94 precedents of the president having the power of a dictator and ignoring the Constitution and raising the debt ceiling without a bill having been passed in Congress.
""House GOP Blocks Vote On Oil Subsidies""

""Republicans on Thursday unanimously voted down a motion from Democrats to consider legislation to end subsidies to oil companies.

Democrats sought to attach the measure, which failed in a 241-171 vote that saw seven Democrats defect, to a bill that would allow oil companies to more easily secure drilling permits off the Gulf Coast. That bill passed.

Speaker Boehner suggested in an interview with ABC last month that he was open to ending oil subsidies, prompting calls from the White House on down to quickly pass legislation doing so.

A number of Republicans, such as Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), have suggested that oil subsidies and other corporate tax breaks could be eliminated as part of a broader tax reform package but there has been less appetite for a standalone bill targeting the industry.""

----------

Your boy 'landslide Paul Ryan'(HAHAHAHAHA) says there are oil subsidies.

"""A number of Republicans, such as Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), have suggested that oil subsidies and other corporate tax breaks could be eliminated as part of a broader tax reform package""

You calling your own VP loser a liar??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And your boy 'Landslide Mitt' promised to keep Oil Subsidies in place.

""Romney would protect oil companies’$4 billion in annual taxpayer-funded subsidies, despite record profits:

Romney:“I don’t want to raise taxes on oil companies.” In response to the ads that the Obama Campaign and Priorities USA Action were running, which criticized Romney's support for tax breaks for oil companies, Romney said at a townhall meeting, "[Obama] blames me for the high price of gasoline because I don’t want to raise taxes on oil companies. I don’t like raising taxes on anybody." He then said that the President's proposal to eliminate oil subsides is part of a “dangerous” strategy to “divide America.”[Romney Townhall in Delaware, 4/10/12]""

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You lose, Dweeb!!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Fayetteville, NC

#998033 Oct 8, 2013
OBAMACARE: one.

Tea party: zero.

Republicans? Liars! Idiots! Stupid! Greedy! Selfish! Can't play fair with others! Shut down gov! No parks for you!

Thanks #FLATBOEHNER!

Tea Party? Complete morrrrons!

Ffffffcckkk you!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#998034 Oct 8, 2013
What a flaming moron!
Homer wrote:
Zombie material for sure.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#998035 Oct 8, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>House Republicans have passed funding bills for WIC, NIH, PNS, Border Guards and other agencies... Obama just say's NO...
But, republicans can't just put a clean funding bill and raise in the debt ceiling resolution to a vote in the House that they control ;can they? What cowards! lol

Orlando, FL

#998036 Oct 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Obama puttin the smackdown on the Repubs right now__good for him!
BTW it's nat'l fluffernutter day, Hah, don't ask me but it sounds German__maybe Galt of Schuylkillville will chirp in__he usually does.
Well, isn't that just what we all want though? A president "puttin the smackdown" on the opposition?

Because I know we'd both want a President Romney to be "puttin the smackdown" on those political terrorists called Democrats.

That's for darn sure.

I mean, who would they think they are wanting to be part of the political system - the way it's always been done - even if His Highness Romney had taken over the White House?

Smack 'em down. That's what I say. Smack 'em down hard too.

It's all about winning. At any cost...at anyone's expense.

Isn't that right, Realtime?

Location hidden

#998037 Oct 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
""In 2005, President George W. Bush, a former oilman, explained that the profit potential in the oil industry drives exploration, not the subsidies:“With $55 oil we don’t need incentives to the oil and gas companies to explore. There are plenty of incentives.”
Bush added,“What we need is to put a strategy in place that will help this country over time become less dependent.” Okay, he opposed such a strategy all his life, and he was never going need Big Oil to help him run for office again, but still.
The GOP Speaker of the House just had an equally rare moment of candor on oil subsidies, but it didn’t last long, as Brad Johnson reports (with video):

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has conceded that their multi-billion-dollar subsidies should be on the negotiating table. Under tenacious questioning by ABC News reporter Jonathan Karl about “obscene” oil industry profits and $4 gas, Boehner admitted that oil companies have “some part of this to blame.”“I don’t think the big oil companies need to have the oil depletion allowances,” he said, which is a nearly $1 billion annual subsidy, part of the $4 billion in subsidies identified by President Obama. In the interview, Boehner recognized that oil companies are not “paying their fair share”:
It’s certainly something we should be looking at. We’re in a time when the federal government’s short on revenues. We need to control spending but we need to have revenues to keep the government going. They ought to be paying their fair share.""

----------

No subsidies in your tinfoil hat, nitwit!!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#998038 Oct 8, 2013
Obama continues refusal to negotiate!

Obama voted twice against raising the debt ceiling just because Bush was the president.

See? All Democrats are brain dead hypocrites.

Orlando, FL

#998039 Oct 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama currently speaking...and throwing gasoline on the fire...
Not again...the beams are already about to collapse.
WOW

New York, NY

#998040 Oct 8, 2013
THE OBAMA supporter would like people to look at a $hit government and call it other than it is obama and his supporters didnt understand the word humble

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Ize Found 70,720
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Earthling-1 60,048
Louis trashes the broad. 1 hr Was that nice 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 216,661
Paul Weston from 12Tribe Films. 1 hr This was a good 1 1
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 4 hr Haha 19
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 5 hr WasteWater 39
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages