Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997483 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Spammer: The act of obnoxiously doing repeated cut-n-paste for attention all day long to disturb others. sonicfiller, a ghetto commie dumbass on a forum, no job, running on complete empty, a moron posting inane crap, fiction, propaganda or delusional opinion of no relevance for only his deranged amusement 24/7..
sonicmoron always bent over and punked by No Surprize obama, someone or something all the time looking like a total idiot...
I suppose MSNBC is all about facts and truth...
It's the culture...
The GOP Blithely Blunders On

As Rod Dreher notes, the public strongly disapproves of Congressional Republicans’ recent performance. He cites a report on a new poll:

Disapproval of congressional Republicans’ budget wrangling after a weeklong shutdown has shot up to 70 percent, with 51 percent disapproving “strongly,” according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

It’s true that most voters aren’t pleased with Congressional Democrats or Obama, either, but both the extent and the intensity of disapproval are significantly worse for the GOP.(Strong disapproval of Republicans’ handling of things among registered voters is a little higher still at 53%.) That’s not a surprise when no one, including Republicans in Congress, can explain what the GOP hopes to achieve at this point. When Republicans are consistently on the wrong side of public opinion on these questions by a more than three-to-one margin, they must be suffering substantial political damage. Whether that damage is long-lasting or temporary depends in part on what Republicans in Congress do next.

One of the new arguments that Republicans in Congress are floating is that breaching the debt ceiling won’t result in default. Not only is this not true, but it is indefensibly reckless to pretend that the rest of the world will react to a failure to raise the debt ceiling this way. If they continue blithely blundering towards the possibility of default, they will receive and will deserve to receive the lion’s share of blame for any costs that this pointless standoff has imposed on the country.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

i bet you thought there weren't any more moderate/intelligent republicans.

and if that's what you call spam, you nutjobs really are in a world of hurt.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997484 Oct 7, 2013
The GOP’s Ongoing Absurd Predicament

Byron York talks to an anonymous House Republican, who explains how House GOP leaders have been repeatedly caught off guard and “unaware of what was going on”:

The congressman walked the group through a set of issues involved in the shutdown — the continuing resolution, House-Senate relations, the coming debt limit talks, and more — but what was perhaps most striking was his frank talk about how the GOP leadership got itself into its current predicament. What became clear after an hour of discussion was that the House Republican leadership’s position at the moment is the result of happenstance, blundering, and an continuing inability to understand the priorities of both GOP and Democratic colleagues [bold mine-DL].

As this House Republican explains, the leadership didn’t just misjudge how Democrats would respond to the defunders’ tactics, but they were also oblivious to what was going on inside their own party. While Cruz and his allies were putting together their plan, such as it was, the leadership had no idea this was happening, and as a result they were unprepared for it when it happened. The absurdity of the GOP’s position became clear towards the end of the report:

The crisis that House Republican leaders didn’t see coming is now consuming them, with unpredictable consequences.“We’re not in a situation that has been planned out and war-gamed and plotted, OK?” said the congressman.

No kidding. Republicans are stuck with insurgents that want the impossible and leaders that don’t know what’s going on in their own party, and together they have created a situation in which all of them appear to have no idea what they’re doing. No wonder one recent poll found Republicans trailing by 9 points on the generic House ballot.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

just spammin'.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#997485 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>Pure bullshit. We're all Democrats until we make it...Then we want to keep it...
Reid and Pelosi have about as much in common with young people as Obama has in common with black people.
I was thinking they have as much in common with young folks as Lizzy "Wall St" Warren has with American Indians.

The crusty, miserable Reid, a documented racist, would be dead and buried (at least politically) if he had an 'R' after his name.

Pelosi, the epitome of political hypocrisy, had the balls accept the Cesar Chavez Award from the United Farmworkers Unions while using non-UFW workers on her Napa Valley Vineyard.

She also praised the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union and took massive sums of money from them while keeping them out of her Hotel and chain of restaurants.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#997486 Oct 7, 2013
GOP Shutdown Suicide Watch

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

soon?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#997487 Oct 7, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselessforever"
If you have a brain, doubtful, you would realize that hairless reed will not bring those bills up for a vote is because he knows they would pass. He is much like the boy president, nobama, a coward, and he does not want to make the president look like the idiot he is.
Peace
KMA
You are such an idiot. Of course they would pass. That's not the point.

Republicans don't get to avoid negotiations by picking and choosing to act on only those items of the budget with which Democrats and republicans agree. Pretty soon the only thing left would be the Affordable Care Act. Surprise!!!

Sure, the "House floor has played host to a parade of bills to restore government functions piece by piece, accompanied by rhetorical flourishes from ardent conservatives extolling the role of government in civic life and the selflessness of civil servants." IT'S SICKENING.

Republicans have never cared about funding NIH. Republicans have never cared about funding supplemental nutrition programs for women, infants and children. Republicans have never cared about national parks. "The House votes to restore financing to parts of the government followed efforts over two years to cut some of the very programs Republicans are now trying to rescue!!"

"The House voted 407 to 0 on Saturday on a bill to guarantee that federal workers — once denigrated by conservatives as overpaid and underworked — will receive back pay once the government reopens.

At a hearing in 2011, Mr. Ross, the chairman of the House subcommittee on the federal work force, the Postal Service and labor policy, charged that “federal employees on average earned $101,628 in total compensation in 2010, nearly four times more than the average private-sector worker.”

"On Saturday, those workers were suddenly selfless civil servants: nurses and doctors saving lives, emergency workers braving natural disasters and NASA scientists exploring the frontiers of space."

"Programs that conservatives had tolerated at best were suddenly lavished with praise: nutrition assistance for women and children, federal medical research, national parks, the Smithsonian Institution, even the government of the District of Columbia, which was authorized to spend money to pick up Washington’s trash, maintain its needle exchange program for intravenous drug users and even implement the health care law."

REPUBLICANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO MORALS OR ETHIC. NONE!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/us/politics...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997488 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
IP address?? Where do you see IP addresses?? How clueless are you, Waxy??
There are no IP's exposed on Topix. If we had originating IP's, it would be dangerous.
The locations can be faked, as you do so often. Not a function of IP addy. You're nuts. But you know that.
Pure bullshit...

You are an idiot nuculur... You with a hidden ISP location in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt between Silas Dean Hwy and Wells Road, 30 minutes from Sonic...

If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown stupid liberal..

It's the culture...
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

#997489 Oct 7, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking they have as much in common with young folks as Lizzy "Wall St" Warren has with American Indians.
The crusty, miserable Reid, a documented racist, would be dead and buried (at least politically) if he had an 'R' after his name.
Pelosi, the epitome of political hypocrisy, had the balls accept the Cesar Chavez Award from the United Farmworkers Unions while using non-UFW workers on her Napa Valley Vineyard.
She also praised the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union and took massive sums of money from them while keeping them out of her Hotel and chain of restaurants.
Nancy 'grab the cash" Pelosi. Just like her daddy. We know her well around here (those of us who know the history), which is why she's a Rep from California instead of Maryland. Tommy D'Alesandro was forced out of the Governor's race, here, for allegedly taking undeclared money from a local businessman turned convict.
Fenris the Big bad Wolf

United States

#997490 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you brag about how your location is in AZ the few times it shows up there. Why is that??
Waxturd is too drunk to change it before he pulls your puppet out of the closet.
Plus, I've got him lit up like a roman candle!! He's pulling out all the puppets!! Floriduh is in full emotional breakdown!! I expect to see Jimmy anytime now!! HAHAHAHA
I'm surprised you don't show up in Lapeer, MI with your sextra special friend, slimyrejection!!
You poor losers!!
"Why is that"? Because as I've stated 1000 times to your retarded chimp brain, I use satellite internet at home, but post occasionally from my phone when I'm down south in the urban ghetto.

You've been in prison too long, girl. Pulling all of those pubes out of your teeth has stunted your tiny pee brain even further.

"LIGHTS OUT, AND LOCK EM UP"!!!

Location hidden

#997491 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>So if I lose my really good insurance because my employer drops the plan (because it's cheaper to do so), is the exchange still not for me?
What about the high-wage workers? You know, when the corporations that have dropped their group plans did so, it wasn't only their low-wage workers that were hurt.
You seem to be saying that the low wage worker views the exchanges as a step up--and for many it may be--but what about those for whom the exchanges are a step down, income notwithstanding?
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE INSURANCE FROM THE EXCHANGE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? IF, AND THAT IS A BIG IF, your employer drops your insurance, purchase it somewhere else. There are a lot of good plans out there for people who can afford them.
Fenris the Big bad Wolf

United States

#997492 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
IP address?? Where do you see IP addresses?? How clueless are you, Waxy??
There are no IP's exposed on Topix. If we had originating IP's, it would be dangerous.
The locations can be faked, as you do so often. Not a function of IP addy. You're nuts. But you know that.
You're the one who keeps imagining I'm waxman in connecticunt. I wouldnt live in a shthole like that if you paid me $1,000,000/day.

Like I said, all that prison pusceemunchin has made you crazy. "LIGHTS OUT"!!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997493 Oct 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Shutdown Suicide Watch
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
soon?
sonicmoron all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize the Tea Party, obama, someone or something all the time looking like a n ignorant ghetto idiot...

It's the culture..
Fenris the Big bad Wolf

United States

#997494 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Watch the commie liberal from ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt disappear, nutsack always does when his ass clown hyperbole and ghetto urban stupidity are exposed.
It's the culture...
She really is a mental midget (but then that's why she's in prison).....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997495 Oct 7, 2013
House Republicans have passed funding bills for WIC, NIH, PNS, Border Guards and other agencies... Obama just say's NO...

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#997496 Oct 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
however, all plans will be much more expensive because of paying for high-risk people with pre-existing conditions....
The cost for those with pre-existing conditions will be covered by the premiums paid by millions of healthy people who may never live to collect. It will all work out just fine.

Location hidden

#997497 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>So if I purchase off the exchange do I still get subsidized?
And what about the fact that my health coverage was considered a part of my compensation package? Will we all get fat raises when our companies drop our plans? The fines don't seem to be at deterrent level.
What's going to be interesting is seeing just how many of the 18-30 year olds buy coverage....and continue to pay premiums, come what may. I'm not optimistic. I know a lot of these folks, and they don't seem to buy much in the way of permanent things.
If you think you qualify for a subsidy, the exchange might be right for you. If not, then go somewhere else.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#997498 Oct 7, 2013
Springheel wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what experience teaches. Not polls. Who's polls, anyway?
Did you know that here in Maryland there are now more registered independents than Democrats?...pretty significant in a blue, blue state with closed Primaries.
Did your polls show you that? Probably not.
If you say so.

Every Democratic and Repugnant study bears it out, from Heritage Foundation to Cato Institute, which has Repugnants very concerned. They're stuck with old, white folks, Mostly old white men.

In demographic terms, you folks are roadkill, just a few miles down the road.

Instead of broadening their appeal, they stick to folks like you, who pretend data is meaningless and because there are so many independents in MD, yada, yada, yada.

That's how Obama got elected, because you're in denial.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#997499 Oct 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you say so.
Every Democratic and Repugnant study bears it out, from Heritage Foundation to Cato Institute, which has Repugnants very concerned. They're stuck with old, white folks, Mostly old white men.
In demographic terms, you folks are roadkill, just a few miles down the road.
Instead of broadening their appeal, they stick to folks like you, who pretend data is meaningless and because there are so many independents in MD, yada, yada, yada.
That's how Obama got elected, because you're in denial.
You voted for the winner obama and still lost making you a bigger loser you idiot.. Get all the ghetto and losers on your side and you can be elected to anything you idiot dumbass...

If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown liberal..

Mo free shit is hard to vote against when it's all you know loser.

It's the culture..
Springheel

Baltimore, MD

#997500 Oct 7, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T HAVE TO PURCHASE INSURANCE FROM THE EXCHANGE! Why is that so hard for you to understand? IF, AND THAT IS A BIG IF, your employer drops your insurance, purchase it somewhere else. There are a lot of good plans out there for people who can afford them.
Wouldn't I be paying a full, unsubsidized rate off of the exchange?

I don't pay a full, unsubsidized rate, now, as my employer covers the lion's share of the premium and I have no deductible.

See, it's the last 6 words of your post that crush it for most of the working middle class. We won't be able to afford the good, off-exchange insurance because our employers won't be covering the bulk of the premium...hence, a step DOWN to the exchanges. Wait until we all realize this.

Or wait until all of those 18-30 year olds go to the doctor for the first time and learn what a deductible is, how high theirs is, and it dawns on them that they won't use $6K in medical services in an average year and that they are paying premiums for nothing..no benefit.
Patriot

Fort Lupton, CO

#997501 Oct 7, 2013
“Alarming” mass die-off of starfish in areas along Canada’s Pacific coast —“They’ve disintegrated, now there’s just goo left”—“Appeared to melt”—“Single arms clinging to rock faces, tube feet still moving”— Similar reports as far away as California

National Geographic, Sept. 9, 2013:“It really struck a chord in other divers who were seeing it on Facebook and social media, both locally and as far away as California, who had been seeing similar things,”[marine biologist Jonathan] Martin said. Martin wrote to invertebrate expert Christopher Mah, a researcher at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. he said:“(The starfish) seem to waste away,‘deflate’ a little, and then just … disintegrate. The arms just detach, and the central disc falls apart. It seems to happen rapidly, and not just dead animals undergoing decomposition, as I observed single arms clinging to the rock faces, tube feet still moving, with the skin split, gills flapping in the current. We did our second dive in an area closed to fishing, and in absolutely amazing numbers. The bottom from about 20 to 50 feet [6 to 15 meters] was absolutely littered with arms, oral discs, tube feet, gonads and gills … it was kind of creepy.” Yet what’s especially alarming to Martin, Mah, and other marine biologists is the fact that this die-off might not be restricted to P. helianthoides or the northern Pacific. Fisheries and Oceans Canada is worried enough that they’ve asked Martin to go back out and collect samples for them to test in the lab.

http://enenews.com/alarming-epidemic-mass-die...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#997502 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Pure bullshit...
You are an idiot nuculur... You with a hidden ISP location in ghetto Wethersfield, Connecticunt between Silas Dean Hwy and Wells Road, 30 minutes from Sonic...
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and moocher... It's free cheese, loser, and ass-clown stupid liberal..
It's the culture...
But I win!!

I've got you so far over the edge, you're in thin air, dropping like the rockhead you are!!

"Hidden ISP location"" ROFLMAO

Yer a riot, Alice!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min Non _cents 5,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Bieber 185,082
Word (Dec '08) 10 min Non _cents 5,079
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 19 min SLY WEST 7,964
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min GayleWood 51,375
last post wins! (Apr '13) 44 min Concerned_American 509
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Los Angeles 51,536
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:47AM
Insider Buzz: Mutual Interest Between Andre Johnson and Indianapolis Colts
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM