Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1507805 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#997907 Oct 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn Beck's theme for his event was "Restoring Honor". If you think that's obsessive-possessive, then it sounds like you have an issue, not him.
Beck may have been overzealous driving home the realization this country is going in the wrong direction but, again, give me overzealous over narcissistic any day.
O'Reilly simply presents the issues of the day with both sides opining their positions. And he looks out for the folks.
I'd give just about anything if Obama looked out for the folks too.
Give me a minute wile I clan the vomit from my keyboard.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#997908 Oct 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why would Katie Colonoscopy want to end her career on a network with no viewers???
unless CNN gave her too much money to say no to....
It's show business mutt, why do think Alec Baldwin is doing a show on MSNBC?

Glenda Beck said in the April 2010 Forbes interview that he was more interested in the entertainment value of his FOX show than the political value.

There's no business like show business eh?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997909 Oct 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then cheer for the shut down son! This is about as small as you're going to see government get, short of a complete overthrow (and in NO way am I advocating you people do so!)
Obama and Reid are hoarse from cheering for the shutdown.

They'd rather people suffer to blame the other side before coming to the table to put an end to it.

As one WH official told the Washington Post, "We don't care how long the shutdown lasts as long as we're winning."

Did you get that? "As long as we're winning..."??

They have to give the other side something. It's the way this system works. Otherwise, we're no different than a totalitarian system.

But you can't grasp the obvious. So nevermind.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997910 Oct 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The GOPís Ongoing Absurd Predicament
Republicans are stuck with insurgents that want the impossible and leaders that donít know whatís going on in their own party, and together they have created a situation in which all of them appear to have no idea what theyíre doing. No wonder one recent poll found Republicans trailing by 9 points on the generic House ballot.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
the argument that opposition to ObamaKKKare is a minority position in the Republican party is absurd...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997911 Oct 8, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
These right wing pussees whined because Obama wasn't tough enough. Now he is staring them down and rubbing Obamacare in their faces. I hope he doesn't throw them a bone.
Never negotiate with terrorists!
According to Obama, the great divider, anyone who opposes his policies can ride in the back of the bus.

He did this because the Left Wing pussees(as you so crudely put it) whined.

To think you post this after whining about the use of the word skank.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997912 Oct 8, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>So Obama is NOT the most powerful man even in AMERICA much less the world China says I Wher's my money $bitch better have my money obama dont want it with china or russia SON
I can't tell if you're drunk on on drugs....

... oh wait! It's your natural state!
WOW

New York, NY

#997913 Oct 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Make sure your vacation is permanent son.
Everyone wins that way!
I go and come as I please SON thats what money does SON tell your obama to go back to kenya where his african family is he has no african american blood in america Son
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997914 Oct 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz for President!!!
lol! Yeah, and tie him to Palin too!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997915 Oct 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's show business mutt, why do think Alec Baldwin is doing a show on MSNBC?
Glenda Beck said in the April 2010 Forbes interview that he was more interested in the entertainment value of his FOX show than the political value.
Now I get it.

You want to act all self righteous about others calling names, but emotionally incapable of living up to your own dictates.
WOW

New York, NY

#997916 Oct 8, 2013
Shaq Oneal For First Black American President SON
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#997918 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah about that, don't we all accidentally type the n-word?
What an unmitigated idiot.
The Admin and their supports are in a melt down and are leaking their disdain for the American citizens.
The DNA of the demokratic party is inbred with hate and racism...

A natural occurrence in inbred liberalism...

It's the culture...

Newville, PA

#997919 Oct 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
fckn hypocrite doesn't want other companies to make a profit, but has no problem making a profit at his company.
I was complaining about very profitable companies getting government subsidies.

I see you think the government should keep handing money to companies making tens of billions in profits as you throw kids off of food stamps.

Ain't that the right whiner way.
WOW

New York, NY

#997920 Oct 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>BAM! There's that race card again!
Cons play it a lot!
Son if you were a good MAN you would know who your children were but because your throw your semen all around you dont even know who your children are it's a shame now you are old you are looking for your children SON thats why you need obamacare son feeling guilty son
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#997921 Oct 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's show business mutt, why do think Alec Baldwin is doing a show on MSNBC?
if Baldwin is doing a show on MSNBC, nobody knows about it...

besides, Katie doing a show on CNN would be like Babe Ruth playing for the Mudville Swampcats....a complete joke....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#997922 Oct 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the argument that opposition to ObamaKKKare is a minority position in the Republican party is absurd...
Obamacare: The right and the left don't want it. Big biz and small biz don't want it.
WOW

New York, NY

#997923 Oct 8, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah about that, don't we all accidentally type the n-word?
What an unmitigated idiot.
The Admin and their supports are in a melt down and are leaking their disdain for the American citizens.
thats what obama supporters do Imagine what they say in the whitehouse remember obama grew up with a racists grandmother so he was used to blacks being called that nasty word in front of obama so its normal for him to refer to African American in that manner lol
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#997924 Oct 8, 2013
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>I go and come as I please SON thats what money does SON tell your obama to go back to kenya where his african family is he has no african american blood in america Son
Ah! So you're an illegal alien!

Newville, PA

#997925 Oct 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
stating it was a "possibility" when you knew it wasn't is lying, stupid.
Without an investigation, how do you know for sure.

What was it about Benghazi that made it impossible to have video fueled riot?

Dumbass

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#997926 Oct 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love companies that make profits. Good for them. Why do you want to give them subsidies?
It a simple question you & Dumbwater just can't answer.
I thought you people were all about no government interference in the free market yet here you two are arguing for oil subsidies.
Playing the "they don't exist" crap is really stupid when Congress debated them not too long ago,
But, for some reason, you can't identify these mythical subsidies.
Tell us about these subsidies you claim exist.
There are no subsidies to oil companies. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.

Prove that wrong. Tell us about those subsidies to oil companies that don't exist.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#997927 Oct 8, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You need to go to bed . Your meth-induced hallucinations are over-whelming your rationality. Excuse me, who wasn't willing to talk and compromise? Ted Cruz just wanted to f*ck with people over defunding Obamacare and forcing a government shut-down.
'Despite Republicans' insistance that he's not willing to come to the table and negotiate re-opening the federal government, President Barack Obama on Monday noted that his party is already willing to accept a short-term measure to fund the government that includes funding the GOP previously considered a policy victory, provided it doesn't touch Obamacare.
"The bill that is being presented to end the government shutdown reflects Republican priorities," Obama said, addressing federal employees at FEMA in Washington. "It's the Republican budget. The funding levels of this short-term funding bill, called the CR, is far lower than what Democrats think it should be.
"Nevertheless Democrats are prepared to put the majority of votes on it to fund the government," he added. "When you hear government not compromising, we're compromising so much we're willing to open the government at funding levels that reflect Republican wishes, that don't at all reflect our wishes." #PROVE IT;Just Vote . http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-w...
Think we've all lost count of the number of times Obama has repeated "I will not negotiate."

What part of "I...will...not...negotia te" don't you understand?

A president - of all people - has a political and moral duty to negotiate with the other side on anything concerning what's in the best interests of the country and especially something of this magnitude that will affect us all.

This president apparently believes he is above a political and moral duty until he is declared the winner.

It's all about winning a power grabbing game with this president.

And we are the pawns in his little game.

But you will refuse to believe that until you're the pawn taken out of the game for the king's pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graduation in Detroit. 15 min Another Chance 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 20 min Dudley 8,065
News Man charged with shooting near 26/Cal courthouse 1 hr former democrat 1
News Aurora man charged with kidnapping, murder of 1... 1 hr former democrat 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 239,230
News Chicago had a record year of dog poop complaints 10 hr Trump is the man 1
Trumps travel ban discussion 10 hr The truth is out ... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages