Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 45,777)

Showing posts 915,521 - 915,540 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Covered California offered Galt an Anthem Platinum plan at $1915 per month...what a bargain...

another hit for the site...
Nat Turner

Mabalacat, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

A Chicken in every pot? I'll take mine fried with a side of collards thank you.
Yeah

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
a-holes like Dumbass Dave are more interested in blame and political spoils than they are in the growth of the economy...
lol! And here I thought Galt would have been upset about the ACA being bootstrapped to the debt ceiling.

Clearly the political agenda outweighs his integrity.... by a lot!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Republicans controlled the House for five elections after the 1995 government shutdown and won the White House in 2000 and 2004.
Predictions of disaster are ridiculous media hype...
Like predictions of Obama beating the Magic Mormon's butt last Nov.??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Covered California offered Galt an Anthem Platinum plan at $1915 per month...what a bargain...
another hit for the site...
You're on Medicare. You're not fooling anyone with your bullshit stories.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Top Republican Calls For Replacing Obamacare With Obamacare

Republicans often face criticism opposing Obamacare but having no plan to replace it.
So Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has been tweeting about his replacement proposal: Let every American participate in the Federal Employee Health Benefits program.
"Federal employees have long enjoyed high-quality, affordable health care benefits through this free market, consumer based system," says Issa.
I'm not exactly sure what Issa means when he calls FEHBP a "free market" system. The system does set up a marketplace where private health insurers offer plans that have to meet certain specifications, and then individuals choose the plans they like best.
That's also true of the Obamacare exchanges, which Republicans do not tend to think are very "free market."
In fact, FEHBP is similar to the Obamacare exchanges in a lot of ways.
If insurers want to participate in the FEHBP, they can't exclude coverage for pre-existing conditions, just like Obamacare .
They have to accept applicants " without regard to age, race, sex, health status, or hazardous nature of employment." This is called guaranteed issue, and it's just like Obamacare.
They have to charge all applicants the same premium for a given plan. This is called community rating, and it's more restrictive of insurers than Obamacare , which allows for substantial premium variation based on age.
The key way that FEHBP differs from Obamacare now is that only federal employees can participate in it. Those federal workers have 75% of their plan premiums paid by the federal government, and their own 25% contribution is deductible on their federal tax return.
I asked Issa's office what financial support he would propose to help non-government workers buy FEHBP plans and haven't heard back yet. If he's going to heavily subsidize those purchases, then his plan will really look a lot like Obamacare.

----------

They're growing desperate.

Expect them to cave to Obama tomorrow.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

What a wonderful day here in AZ on day II of the fed shutdown!! I took a ride up into the national forest (riding around their pathetic "Closed" sign), unmolested by other leftist deviate and phags. It still saddened me to see the lazy federal forest workers dont do their jobs and ick up year old trash, so I did it. More proof positive the current shutdown should be made permanent. Its now been proven; we dont NEED the workers furloughed, and States can take over the parks & monuments.

Get rid of the Fed, and leftist phags in general!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Republicans Grandstand At World War II Memorial Instead Of Working To Reopen It

WASHINGTON -- Members of Congress on Wednesday took down a barrier at an entrance to the World War II Memorial on the National Mall for the second day in a row, allowing veterans who had traveled there from out of state to visit the memorial built to honor their service.

Like all national parks, the World War II Memorial is technically closed, since the federal government has been shut down and many National Park Service employees have been furloughed. But just before 11:00 a.m., lawmakers removed the barriers on its southern end and allowed busloads of veterans and volunteers accompanying them on their trip to enter.

Ironically, most of them were among the most vocal members of the House's right flank that pushed Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) toward a shutdown, and they are therefore partly responsible for the memorial's closure.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

What a beatig leftists have taken in the last few weeks. Things couldnt get much worse for them. Odumbocare is a total failure; baruck has been bitch-slapped by Putin and Tea Partiers alike; the fed has been shutdown, and its obvious its not needed at ALL. BOOYA...... :-)
tell_it_like_it_ IS

Newcastle, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would say that.
But Obama actually lowered taxes in the stimulus bill.
So why were they protesting Obama. Why weren't they protesting Republican Congressmen & Senators that were voting yes yes yes under Bush? Cantor & Ryan etc.
This makes your premise a joke.
I posted earlier...
Tax revenues are breaking alltime records....
Alll with 8/20 unemployment....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Effects of government shutdown seen across U.S.
Americans express shock and dismay as tourist attractions, social service agencies and other federally funded workplaces put many operations on hold.

"JOSHUA TREE, Calif. In the high desert of California, they came for the cactuses and the contorted monzogranite formations, for the open space, for all the reasons so many have come before to explore; to get married; simply to think.

But Joshua Tree National Park was closed Tuesday, indefinitely, so they gathered instead at a nearby cafe, to complain about their government.

"The government doesn't seem to care," said Rosie Rivera, manager of the Park Rock Cafe. "It's us, the people down here, who have to pay for their disagreements."

"They need to think about the people. Not themselves," said Al Valerio, who had driven to Joshua Tree with his wife.

Americans often complain that their government is out of touch. That has rarely seemed more true than on Tuesday, the first day that some pieces of the federal government machinery ground to a halt.

Polls showed that the first government shutdown in 17 years prompted largely by continued efforts to block President Obama's healthcare law was decidedly unpopular with the public. At the same time, the reach of the federal government was never more evident than when it suddenly disappeared."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-me-shutdown-...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Obama wins again!!
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
What a wonderful day here in AZ on day II of the fed shutdown!! I took a ride up into the national forest (riding around their pathetic "Closed" sign), unmolested by other leftist deviate and phags. It still saddened me to see the lazy federal forest workers dont do their jobs and ick up year old trash, so I did it. More proof positive the current shutdown should be made permanent. Its now been proven; we dont NEED the workers furloughed, and States can take over the parks & monuments.
I thought you died!

Choked on your drunken puke!

Your body in the forest, bloated and stinky.

Waiting for a nice federal ranger to come back on line and scoop up your remains into her truck.

Then dump it off to some republican rats to chew.

(Shut down your mouth back woods Barney! ;)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Health care was tested at the ballot box twice, then at the Supreme court. The tea bag Republicans lost every time, now instead of accepting that verdict they expect Obama to water down the scheme so its totally ineffective & call that a compromise. Just keep delaying it so it never happens. Then at the same time Fox news of course calls it "The Obama/Reid shutdown" well what would you expect. I'd say let them push it all the way and wait till the mid terms, then they will get another verdict.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Stop being so stupid, voters tweet to Congress

"WASHINGTON (AP) The roiling debate over the U.S. government shutdown is extending to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as fed-up Americans turn to social media to register their disgust with federal lawmakers for shutting down the government.
Those posting pulled no punches, calling members of Congress "immature," ''stupid" and "idiots" who need to "grow up." There were a few attaboys, too, by self-described red-state conservatives who cheered on the Republican leadership's unwavering stance against President Barack Obama's health care plan, even if it meant suddenly pulling the paychecks of some 800,000 federal workers and threatening popular federal programs.
But mostly, tweeters said they couldn't understand why a compromise between the two sides seemed so elusive.
"#DearCongress, You should not be getting paid. In fact, you all should be fired!" tweeted Bruce Swedal, a 46-year-old Denver real estate agent who says he is worried about what the shutdown might do to home sales if federally backed loans dry up.
The public outcry playing out on social media sites this week is a new twist. During the last shutdown of government operations, in 1995, angry Americans would have had to look up their congressman's address and sit down and write an old-fashioned letter or email. But with the advent of Twitter, popular hashtags like #governmentshutdown and the NBC's "Today" show's #DearCongress let voters log their complaints to all 532 members of Congress at once (there are three vacancies in the House) provided they stay within the allotted 140 characters or less."

----------

Repugnants are getting crucified by the American People!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Eed, you don't know f*cking shit about what I do so go f*ck yourself.
At least I am not mooching of the federal government like you.
"real dumb"
Another typical response from "real dumb". It irks him that someone who for more than 50 years paid into a lousy program, social security, who tries to get a return on his lousy investment. "real dumb" will never collect from social security, he never has had a job.
Another fact that points out "real dumb's" unbelievability, he can not offer a post with out reverting to profanity.
"real dumb" you are correct, I will continue to "mooch". I will continue to collect the monthly pittance that I receive from social security. Like I said, under duress, I paid in for more than 50 years, But, unlike you I will not use food stamps, I will not depend on the government for my health care.
Peace
KMA

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
It'd be even better if you weren't locked up in Waxturd's closet!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW, you're still in LA, so the AZ lies just don't work!!

Sure you're not visiting the make believe Waxturd Estate in England??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OBAMA the GENIUS

Youngsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

#flatboehner

Campaign to post pictures of republican weasel at closed federal monuments!

LOL

LOL

LOL

go twitter verse!

FLATBOEHNER!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
Health care was tested at the ballot box twice, then at the Supreme court. The tea bag Republicans lost every time, now instead of accepting that verdict they expect Obama to water down the scheme so its totally ineffective & call that a compromise. Just keep delaying it so it never happens. Then at the same time Fox news of course calls it "The Obama/Reid shutdown" well what would you expect. I'd say let them push it all the way and wait till the mid terms, then they will get another verdict.
nobody votes against Santa Claus...until they get the bills...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

UTC to furlough 4,000 workers if U.S. shutdown continues next week

""(Reuters)- United Technologies Corp (UTX) said it would be forced to furlough as many as 4,000 employees, if the U.S. government shutdown continues through next week.
The company expects to put nearly 2,000 employees out of work at its Sirkosky helicopter unit on Monday. The number could double through the week at its Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems businesses also get affected.
More than 5,000 employees may be on furlough if the shutdown continues into next month due to the absence of Defense Contract Management Agency inspectors who audit and approve manufacturing operations for military products, UTC said.
The federal government has come to a halt, except for essential services, after Congress was unable to reach an agreement on funding for the new fiscal year because of a standoff over healthcare reforms.""

----------

Repugnants are still trying to destroy the economy.

They want another Bush Depression. How stupid of them!!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the 2012 Bill to REPEAL subsidies for Big Oil.
""S. 2204 (112th): Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act"
Now how could they write a Bill to repeal something that doesn't exist??
Of course, the Repugnants shot the bill down. They get most of their money from oil companies.
"TITLE II--REPEAL OF OIL AND GAS SUBSIDIES
Subtitle A--Close Big Oil Tax Loopholes
Here's the Bill, nitwit. Have one of your dead relatives read it to you.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s22...
You've got your dementia in high gear today, Ed. You've become as stupid as the Dweeb!!
"nutsucker"
Another lie, more BS. Expected from you.
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 915,521 - 915,540 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min STEFANO COLONNA 65,217
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 52 min Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 1 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Great Chicago Fire Was Japan's Conspiracy (Jun '11) 2 hr yasuo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••