Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
915,521 - 915,540 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#996649 Oct 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually if you check the Constitution- The Huse only makes up 1/6 of th Federal gov't. The Senate is the other 1/6th. Since you haven't been paying attention, they have tried 41 FRIGGIN TIMES TO DEFUND THE ACA. All 41 attemps were killed in the Senate, which they knew would happen.
Now if you want to talk about gov't wasteful spending maybe you should ask the House GOP leadership why they wasted all the time and money on something they knew would pass and instead sat down ith the democrats to NEGOTIATE a budget.
But since the couldn't get it pass as our founding fathers intended, they tried to pull an end run around the constitution and attach a rider to the CR to get their wishes.
Why weren't you screaming when the democrats did this--is it because it was a dirty CR? dirty democrats? dirty senate democrats? what?
http://www.rollcall.com/news/permanent_gun_la...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#996650 Oct 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
actually if you check the Constitution- The Huse only makes up 1/6 of th Federal gov't. The Senate is the other 1/6th. Since you haven't been paying attention, they have tried 41 FRIGGIN TIMES TO DEFUND THE ACA. All 41 attemps were killed in the Senate, which they knew would happen.
Now if you want to talk about gov't wasteful spending maybe you should ask the House GOP leadership why they wasted all the time and money on something they knew would pass and instead sat down ith the democrats to NEGOTIATE a budget.
But since the couldn't get it pass as our founding fathers intended, they tried to pull an end run around the constitution and attach a rider to the CR to get their wishes.
Maybe if it wasn't such a terrible policy and the majority weren't against it...

There are three branches of power in the Federal Government.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#996651 Oct 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to go back to Lithuania, but really why would I want to live there? 91% of Lithuanian Jews were killed by communists, do you the liberal communists in America are going to kill us? Frankly I like Costa Rica better-it is 80% Christian.
Then I suggest you be like the 9%.

Or go to Costa Rica.

Anytime.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#996652 Oct 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Who in the hell is Management Information Services, Inc? A left wing parrot organization? I have to note is you spew BS and offer no link to back up the crap you spew.
Peace
KMA
Hi, Ed.

""A 2011 study by the consulting firm Management Information Services, Inc.(MISI)[7] estimated the total historical federal SUBSIDIES for various energy sources over the years 1950-2010. The study found that oil, natural gas, and coal received $369 billion,$121 billion, and $104 billion (2010 dollars), respectively, or 70% of total energy SUBSIDIES over that period. Oil, natural gas, and coal benefitted most from percentage depletion allowances and other tax-based SUBSIDIES, but oil also benefitted heavily from regulatory SUBSIDIES such as exemptions from price controls and higher-than-average rates of return allowed on oil pipelines.""

You lost, Ed. Suck it up.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#996653 Oct 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if it wasn't such a terrible policy and the majority weren't against it...
There are three branches of power in the Federal Government.
Maybe your opinion is just wrong.....

Orlando, FL

#996654 Oct 6, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no logic or rational thought behind Galt's posts. He obviously took Kevin McCarthy's oath to heart....Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s policies. Period.
The shutdown could have ended on Monday if the Senate had agreed to removing the subsidies Congress will receive.

But in your mind Congress not having to live under the same rules they laid down for the rest of us is fair, right? And expecting them to abide by the same law as the rest of us is unfair, correct?

Location hidden

#996655 Oct 6, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I do not agree with much you post. I also do not demean you. I do not comment on your sexual preference, your size, your looks or anything else of a personal nature. But you seem to be unable to post to any who dare disagree in a civil manner. Why is that?
Peace
KMA
You're a lyin' sack of geezer, Ed.

Just when did this 'kinder Ed' appear.

I will happily find a few of your choice insults to Lily and Leosnana just to rub your stupid nose in.

Prevented this

#996656 Oct 6, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
More recently, in 2006, then-Sen. Obama used the debt ceiling as a stick to hit Bush.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills,” Obama said [pdf] in March 2006.“It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government’s reckless fiscal policies. Over the past five years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to $8.6 trillion. That is ‘trillion’ with a ‘T.’ That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers.”

Since assuming power, Obama has backed off his alarmism about “foreign countries,” telling the always credulous David Letterman last September,“A lot of [the debt] we owe to ourselves.”

O'bama says he is a failure in other words...didn't he?

Orlando, FL

#996657 Oct 6, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you lose the House in 2016, you will be irrelevant.
The reality of Obamacare was still an abstract pie-in-the-sky policy in 2012. The reality is now sinking in.

It will be a miracle if Democrats ever win another election again this time next year.

Orlando, FL

#996658 Oct 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe your opinion is just wrong.....
Or maybe the majority's opinion is just wrong - including some prominent opinions on your side of the fence.

Prevented this

#996659 Oct 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
that's idiotic.
Zionism is a purely Jewish belief. Christians can be supportive of the idea of Zionism, but they can no more be Zionists than a Muslim can!! The very idea is absurd and ignores the tremendous gulf between Christian and Jewish theology.
""In 1975, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution slandering Zionism by equating it with racism. In his spirited response to the resolution, Israel's Ambassador to the UN, Chaim Herzog noted the irony of the timing, the vote coming exactly 37 years after Kristallnacht.""
>>The Christian Zionist Heritage Center at the Jerusalem World Center<<
That's an oxymoron!! You're just a moron.
I see you have been trying to cut and paste from Wiki--so why didn't you go there again? they seem to always be your go to-like for the subsidies piece that was from wiki. So here let me get down to your level and use Wiki--you seem to think whatever they say is true. After all you posted the subsidies piece from there what 5 times?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionis...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#996660 Oct 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The shutdown could have ended on Monday if the Senate had agreed to removing the subsidies Congress will receive.
But in your mind Congress not having to live under the same rules they laid down for the rest of us is fair, right? And expecting them to abide by the same law as the rest of us is unfair, correct?
Why does the Senate have to do what the House wants.

All of a sudden you've run from the Constitution!

Prevented this

#996661 Oct 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then I suggest you be like the 9%.
Or go to Costa Rica.
Anytime.
you forgot to answer this part: do you the liberal communists in America are going to kill us? I mean really you are one of those communists....do you plan on killing me if I don't leave? is that the goal for democrats?

Orlando, FL

#996662 Oct 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Carol, we liberals depend more on actual facts rather than fear and prejudice which your inane posts constantly exhibit and this one is no exception.
No one's talking about free money or even health care you lying, delusional twit. The whole idea behind the ACA is to make it possible for people to buy coverage nitwit and to prevent big insurance from picking and choosing who it wants to cover and preventing them from cutting people off when they're inconsiderate enough to get sick or discontinuing someone's chemotherapy because of some arbitrary lifetime cap. Even single payer wouldn't be free since we'd be paying for it through payroll deductions like we do for Medicare.
Everything the government touches turns into crap STUPID? Social Security is doing just fine despite your bald faced lie that it's broke. Medicare is also doing fine and provides health coverage with less administrative costs that the private insurance industry. The National Weather Service provides up to the minute forecasts that give us warnings about hurricanes and conditions likely to spawn tornadoes. Government regulation of the business cycle has, until 2008 thanks to GOP deregulation, prevented the booms and busts that resulted in depressions as we saw in 1819, 1837, 1857, 1873, 1893, 1907 and 1929. A variety of programs run by the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local Public Health departments have greatly improved the health of most Americans. For example, the scourges of polio, cholera, and smallpox have been effectively eradicated from this country – a huge achievement. And vaccination programs have reduced by 95% our risks of contracting potentially debilitating diseases like hepatitis B, measles, mumps, tetanus, rubella, and diphtheria. Federal funds spent on buying and distributing these vaccines have saved countless lives and the billions of dollars it would cost to treat these illnesses. In addition, the dedicated scientists who work for the CDC are all that stand between Americans and a potentially catastrophic epidemic imported from abroad. The most likely and worrisome threat is from a new and deadly strain of bird flu. The last deadly flu epidemic to hit the United States, in 1918, killed over 675,000 people in matter of months.
The Interstate Highway System. Started by the Eisenhower administration in the 1950s, this system now forms the backbone of long-distance travel and commerce in the United States.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission protects Americans from shoddy and dangerous products. The EPA makes sure that you have safe air to breathe and water to drink. OSHA has prevented hundreds of thousands if not millions of workplace injuries and deaths. NASA a government program put Americans on the moon and has successfully explored the planets.
You're an idiot Carol!
The mere fact you think Social Security is doing just fine pretty much says it all. You need say no more.

Location hidden

#996663 Oct 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to go back to Lithuania, but really why would I want to live there? 91% of Lithuanian Jews were killed by communists, do you the liberal communists in America are going to kill us? Frankly I like Costa Rica better-it is 80% Christian.
Do you play this stupid act on purpose??

Lithuanian Jews were wiped out by the Nazi's, you moron. You don't even know your own claimed history??

You're either a phony or a fool, perhaps both.

""The Holocaust in Nazi-occupied Lithuania resulted in the near total destruction of Lithuanian Jews living in the Nazi-controlled Lithuanian territories (Generalbezirk Litauen of Reichskommissariat Ostland). Out of approximately 208,000 to 210,000 Jews, an estimated 195,000–196,000 were murdered before the end of World War II (wider estimates are sometimes published); most between June and December 1941. The Holocaust resulted in the largest ever loss of life in so short a space of time in the History of Lithuania.""

----------

You come here posting bullshit. Give it a rest. You know nothing about what happened to European Jews, just as you know nothing about the true nature of Zionism.

The British Mandate in Palestine labelled Zionists like David Ben Gurion 'terrorists', in a time when the word still meant something.

Want to talk about the Zionists blowing up the King David Hotel in 1946, a terrorist act resulting in 91 deaths??

I'm wagering you know nothing about modern Israel, or the terrorists who created it.

Let's find out.

Orlando, FL

#996664 Oct 6, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN STUPID! All the Republicans had to do is pass a clean bill without trying to blackmail the President into delaying or defunding legislation that's going to benefit millions of Americans. The shutdown is on them and the majority of the American people blame them.
You're a self centered piece of crap Galt and an idiot to boot.
Maybe they don't want to face the wrath of Americans next year demanding why they didn't try and stop it.

Location hidden

#996665 Oct 6, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I see you have been trying to cut and paste from Wiki--so why didn't you go there again? they seem to always be your go to-like for the subsidies piece that was from wiki. So here let me get down to your level and use Wiki--you seem to think whatever they say is true. After all you posted the subsidies piece from there what 5 times?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionis...
You post unsupported bullshit.

I post links to facts and you whine about it.

It figures.

Unless you can get around the definition of Zionism, you lose.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Prevented this

#996666 Oct 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why does the Senate have to do what the House wants.
As conceived by the framers of the Constitution, the House was to represent the popular will of the people. The popular will of the people is to get rid of O'bamacare.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#996667 Oct 6, 2013
More stompy foot Obama revenge behavior...

Rangers keeping vets from going to open air memorials are essential.

Amber Alert isn't.

The OMB, under the control of the WH, closes down the site.

Orlando, FL

#996668 Oct 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why does the Senate have to do what the House wants.
Why should Republicans have to do what Obama and Reid want? This bill was passed by a strict partisan Democrat vote without one Republican on board. The majority were against it. If you've forgotten.

Republicans have asked for two concessions.

Obama and Reid are the ones refusing to compromise on even one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min D-U-H 49,539
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 2 hr Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 3 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr J RULES 68,997
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••